• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We need to go back the GameCube design, but with a bigger B button, two L and R buttons (and make them smaller), 3 or 4 buttons in the middle (one is select, another the start/pause button, another a "home" button, and another could be like a mic or social button), an actual D-pad, and an improved C-stick and control stick.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't mind the social integration so long as it is not forced on me. For someone who played Uncharted 3's MP a lot, it was nice to have a FB integration where you could post your game results and treasures you got. Had a few friends who also played it, and overall made for a good time to compare things when not on the PS3.

Rather than having to log onto your local CoD website or get on your Xbox, it'd be pretty cool if you can just go to facebook, and see how you stand with your kill ratio or whatever compared to your friends who also own the game and whatnot.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't mind the social integration so long as it is not forced on me. For someone who played Uncharted 3's MP a lot, it was nice to have a FB integration where you could post your game results and treasures you got. Had a few friends who also played it, and overall made for a good time to compare things when not on the PS3.

Rather than having to log onto your local CoD website or get on your Xbox, it'd be pretty cool if you can just go to facebook, and see how you stand with your kill ratio or whatever compared to your friends who also own the game and whatnot.

I do have to agree on the UC3 stuff since it wasn't forced. It was admittedly nice to let you link it to your Youtube and upload clips to that, which is something Fighting Games should do with match replays anyway.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's XBox One? ... **** me and people were giving the Wii U a bad time for not having as good of graphics? Granted they're better than the Wii U, but not by much at all. I'll ultimately reserve judgment until after E3. Because I want to like the new XBox. I love how the Halo series plays. :(

finalark

SNORLAX
Lololol. I know it will be a while before consoles' graphic capabilities are shown in full potential...but still.
PCs have always been well ahead of consoles, but jesus **** NBA Live looks like a 360 title.

Gonna play devil's advocate here since this is really annoying as well. First of all, does it matter if it isn't obtrusive? You can already post and share your achievements and trophies on current gen. Did you stop turning on your consoles because of that?
The difference between being able to share achieves and trophies is because it isn't intrusive, it's actually completely optional. Meanwhile, on the PS4 there's a button on the controller made exclusively for that. Can't get much more obtrusive than that.

2nd, don't get a Wii U then. If Social Networking is your issue, obtrusive or not, then don't get a Wii U. Miiverse is the EXACT same thing. It's optional, you can post pictures, you communicate with others through a social network on your console and other devices like pc, tablets, and smartphones. It was a big thing they promoted last year at E3 (and personally, Miiverse is pretty neat) that it was quite a big focus. If you guys forgot about it, Nintendo really sucks at getting their features across to gamers and casuals.
The Miiverse is optional, and Nintendo didn't put a specialized button on the controller for it. Frankly, the only reason why I'm interested in a Wii U above the other two consoles is because A: I'm sure it's going to be significantly cheaper and B: The Wii U has games I actually want to play on it.

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
Hmm... A console that makes you pay for everything, has no games, no wired controller, no backwards compatibility, is being introduced at 400 euros/600usd, and doesn't even look good doing it.

I need a new hobby.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Indie games now require publisher assistance to be put on Xbox Live

Yesterday was a big (and at times confusing) day for Microsoft. Some exciting details about the new Xbox One console have come into focus, but there is still much we don't know.
One of the things we learned is that the divide between Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox Live Games on Demand, and Xbox Live Indie Games will disappear (and with it growing brand confusion). Games will all be housed together, and we envision an approach similar to how Valve has structured Steam.
What won't be like Steam though, is how developers will get their content onto Microsoft's Xbox Live service. In an interview with Shack News, Microsoft general manager of Redmond Game Studios and Platforms Matt Booty confirmed that, as of now, developers will still need publisher assistance to get in front of consumers.
This is a departure from how Microsoft's competitors are approaching independent development, with Sony and Nintendo both opening the door to self-publishing. It's important to note that this decision may change between now and the Xbox One launch (and even later as the platform evolves).
Keep in mind, I'm not actively looking for bad news on the One. Bad news is just falling out of the woodwork.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I heard they've shot up like 10% since then. One of my friends told me it went up like 5-6% during the actual presentation itself.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I like it at how people are ragging on the graphics of some of the games on Xbox one. It takes time to learn the ims and outs of a new console. Give devs a year or two, and the graphics will be better.

Too bad I'll be missing out on Halo in the upcoming generation, but I'll live. Looks like PS4 and Wii U for me this gen.

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
So the current Xbox 360 dashboard?
Well the current 360 dashboard at least has some game exposure:

Either way I don't like either. Apps and general advertisements are taking over a significant amount of the visibility. I actually think Nintendo has found a pretty good way to advertise games with the WiiU plaza, though it could certainly be further expanded on.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The Wii U plaza isn't really where it advertises, it's more of a "this is what's currently popular"
The eshop is pretty nice though in terms of that I think. There's a section called "featured games" that's like 3x4 and it cycles quite often. Not like there's much to cycle through, but it does have 2 indie titles right there atm, along with section about half way down the page where you can easily find indie games.

To be fair you can't really judge what it'll finally look like on the reveal, but if the 360 is any indication like you guys said, then yeah. Maybe they don't need tons of indie titles, though.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
True, but xbox is better imo.

:pow:
Depends at how you look at things. In my opinion, 360 is overrated and has been going downhill, while Sony has slowly been going uphill, bit remains the underdog due to the **** that happened to it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Depends at how you look at things. In my opinion, 360 is overrated and has been going downhill, while Sony has slowly been going uphill, bit remains the underdog due to the **** that happened to it.
IMO the only reason to get a 360 over a PS3 is if all of your friends own 360s and you don't mind paying for online.

Other than that, there is no advantage to owning a 360. Except Halo, the only reason why I would ever get a 360 is because I actually really enjoy that franchise.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I think I can safely say that this is perhaps the biggest meltdown for a console debut since the Sega Saturn in 1995.

and trust me, that debut was pretty f***ing bad at the time. And we all know what happened to Sega afterwards.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think I can safely say that this is perhaps the biggest meltdown for a console debut since the Sega Saturn in 1995.

and trust me, that debut was pretty f***ing bad at the time. And we all know what happened to Sega afterwards.
They bounced back and revolutionized with SEGA Dreamcast until the masses went "OMFG PLAYSTATION 2. OMFG DFKJAHSDFDSJKAHGFASKDLJHFASF" and SEGA decided "I don't want to live on this console planet anymore." and went software.

finalark

SNORLAX
They bounced back and revolutionized with SEGA Dreamcast until the masses went "OMFG PLAYSTATION 2. OMFG DFKJAHSDFDSJKAHGFASKDLJHFASF" and SEGA decided "I don't want to live on this console planet anymore." and went software.

You can't completely pin the DC's failure on people being hyped for the PS2. Sure, it's easy to say in hindsight that the DC was revolutionary and amazing but stupid choice after stupid choice just kept piling up for SEGA and nobody knew if they could really trust them.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You can't completely pin the DC's failure on people being hyped for the PS2. Sure, it's easy to say in hindsight that the DC was revolutionary and amazing but stupid choice after stupid choice just kept piling up for SEGA and nobody knew if they could really trust them.
Yeah, but PS2 was really that final nail in the coffin.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The PS2 released a full year after the Dreamcast came out in the US. A year and half in Japan. DC sales were already pretty bad, and as Dak put it, the PS2 was just the final nail in the coffin.

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
The Wii U plaza isn't really where it advertises, it's more of a "this is what's currently popular"
That is still is technically a form of game exposure. It's not like many tittles are competing for the space now either.

It's been like that for years on Xbox live.
Which is one many reasons why so many indie developers have transitioned to supporting the WiiU and/or PS4 instead.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Looks like Apple's keynote could be happening at the same time as MS's E3 conference. The time isn't for certain, but the date certainly is. Besides the usual upgrades to their products, if Apple does something big with their Apple TV on that day, that might not be good for MS and their console.

Top Bottom