• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
I do know the feeling :/ . The Wii U's the only thing I saw in the the future worth saving up for.
Although at least I have a roof over my head, insurance and rarely go hungry. A lot of people don't :( .
...but in all honesty, I am annoyed by people who own a car(s). *shrug*

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^ A good way to looks at life. Though having a car is a privilege as well I'm thankful to have. My truck has sentimental value to me because my dad got it for me before he passed away. But I agree, I get a bit disgruntled at people these days who either have nothing or have everything and still expect to be waited on by the world. And I live in an area where people have everything and expect to be waited on by the world. Makes me want to punch them in the face because I'm a working class citizen. Oh well. I work hard for my money and I at least get satisfaction out of that. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
HI MATA! What's up bro?

Also, as soon as the ASL posts me and Reflex's MM, you guys can see just how insane PT really is. I think I just gave Reflex his next combo video. lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wow something exceptionally lame just happened to my Squirtle. I was near the ledge and shielding a getup attack from metaknight. As soon as I grab him and buffer dthrow, it got cancelled during the animation and i get knocked off stage.

Never seen that happen with someone not olimar.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wow something exceptionally lame just happened to my Squirtle. I was near the ledge and shielding a getup attack from metaknight. As soon as I grab him and buffer dthrow, it got cancelled during the animation and i get knocked off stage.

Never seen that happen with someone not olimar.
Yes, this is possible if you do it right. Typically, you want to footstool your opponent after. It's pretty good, especially if you hydrograb them and do it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nah, it was the other way around. I went off stage, he stayed on. I slammed him in the ground with dthrow and as the animation was finishing the grab broke.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
His walking speed is slow as hell, his dash speed isn't that bad. He can be mobile if he wants to. He's still fat though. =l

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Well... I mean, technically speaking, I think they slimmed him down a bit in Brawl lol.

But yeah, he's still fat. :ohwell:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Char being a BIG target might be his/her biggest weakness. Char's not slow but is juggled so easily :[

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd say it's Charizard's lack of a safe approach. Charizard is fast and hits hard, but he can't really poke at the opponent without putting himself at risk. If he could manage that, it wouldn't matter if he could be juggled, because he could just stay out of the air.

As a result, you're forced to take the first swing and lose to a multitude of defensive options or Flamethrower until you're tired. It's a shame.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
If asked what Charizard's greatest weakness is I'd probably say it's his vulnerability to camping, since it forces him to approach the opponent. Charizard seems like someone who was built more for for shutting down approaches than for approaching.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Uh, charizard IS slow. Having to always dash is VERY limiting and his airspeed is balls too. This means he can't really feint with his movements at all because good walks or airspeed can just change directions quickly. So when he is coming at you, its just a matter of which option he will pick, there isn't much turning back because he is soooooooooooo fat that if you tried to hit him, he can't move out of the way.

If he didn't have literally the slowest walk in the game, his decent jab and awesome ftilt and dtilt would actually come into play. His Dsmash would have way more uses too. He just always has to dash around and it sucks. His fat *** it right there when he turns around so you can hit him anyway.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Uh, charizard IS slow. Having to always dash is VERY limiting and his airspeed is balls too. This means he can't really feint with his movements at all because good walks or airspeed can just change directions quickly. So when he is coming at you, its just a matter of which option he will pick, there isn't much turning back because he is soooooooooooo fat that if you tried to hit him, he can't move out of the way.

If he didn't have literally the slowest walk in the game, his decent jab and awesome ftilt and dtilt would actually come into play. His Dsmash would have way more uses too. He just always has to dash around and it sucks. His fat *** it right there when he turns around so you can hit him anyway.
Chars air speed is above average.
[COLLAPSE=Air Speed List] 1. Yoshi (1.32)
2. Jigglypuff (1.27)
3. Wario (1.22)
3. Wolf (1.22)
5. Captain Falcon (1.18)
6. Sonic (1.11)
7. Donkey Kong (1.08)
7. Mr. Game & Watch (1.08)
7. Squirtle (1.08)
10. Lucas (1.05)
11. Bowser (1.03)
11. Marth (1.03)
11. Zero Suit Samus (1.03)
14. Charizard (0.99)
14. Lucario (0.99)
14. Samus (0.99)
14. Zelda (0.99)
18. Ness (0.96)
19. Mario (0.94)
19. Snake (0.94)
19. Toon Link (0.94)
22. Ike (0.92)
23. Pikachu (0.91)
24. Falco (0.89)
24. Fox (0.89)
24. Peach (0.89)
24. Pit (0.89)
24. R.O.B. (0.89)
29. Ganondorf (0.85)
29. Kirby (0.85)
29. Sheik (0.85)
32. Diddy Kong (0.83)
33. Olimar (0.82)
34. Link (0.81)
35. Ice Climbers (0.77)
36. Ivysaur (0.75)
36. Meta Knight (0.75)
38. Luigi (0.73)
39. King Dedede (0.66)[/COLLAPSE]
Char's not fast be he's not a slow character either. Char's grab range is a big thing that save him IMO.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I meant aerial acceleration. Relative to his size, he doesn't change directions very well at all, and it makes his jumps very committed. Which means he is left with dash commitment, jump commitment and walking with his options open is just suuuuuuuuuuuuper slow.

You'd think they would have given him a good upsmash and dash attack since its half of what he has available most of the time anyway.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is there any pokemon PC gender rule? As far as I can tell SSBB pokemon besides Lucario and Jiggz could potentially be male or female and people sort of assign their pokemon specific genders. Of course we can't have anatomically detailed pokemon walking around, lol.
I don't know pokemon games.

Could I say my Squirtle and Charizard are female and my Ivysaur's male?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Could I say my Squirtle and Charizard are female and my Ivysaur's male?
That's pretty much how things work around here.

charizard's pivot is way too good for "dash commitment" to be a problem
It helps, but you can't slow it down much (so it's still easy to react to), and any dash movement forward has Charizard puts his neck straight down and forward. If not for that, he'd have one of the best approaches in the game, I'd say, but, as it is, it pretty much means that you're forced to make yourself vulnerable way before you get to the opponent at any given time.

Maybe we should look into slowing down the pivot and any potential use of jumping out of pivot.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I actually like having to dash around with Charizard. It makes me feel like my movement and fighting is fluid.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There's nothing wrong with having to dash around; the problem is how vulnerable he makes himself when he does it, so even though it's very efficient for movement and he has good options out of it, it's still not a very good approach option. He has difficulty pressuring people with it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Which also relates to Char being big.
Can Char RAR and use her extra jump, Bair, RockSmash etc for SH approaches?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't see how the extra jump would help with approaches at all. I don't think jumping after an attack would make us any less vulnerable than we already were.

RAR'd retreating B-Air and Flamethrower are our only somewhat-reliable options as it is, I think. Feel free to elaborate on any other ideas if you have them.

EDIT: I guess we could pretend we're Dedede for one jump and either fastfall airdodge or double-jump D-Air.

Rizen

Smash Legend
And that would get Char in the air, which is bad :/ .
I was thinking RAR tipper Bair>jump back>reverse flamethrower/rocksmash. And maybe use the extra jump as a mix-up to bait an action then punish with FF Nair or Bair.

/brainstorming

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Speaking of Charizard, I sometimes think he has more than 2 mid-air jumps. Which gets me killed at times. ;__;

I wish he did have at least 3 mid-air jumps, other fliers have at least 3 -__-

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Found a smart use of the dash turnaround stuff as Charizard. I now think using a tilt stick is probably best for PT overall.

I'll make a video sometime soon. It's nothing groundbreaking, but, it's smart and useful.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah. Run turnaround -> buffered turnaround D-Tilt is pretty cool against characters that aren't especially mobile.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Arceus also has a color/sprite for the ???-type, but you can't access it through non-hacking means.

Top Bottom