• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll see what I can do. As far as I'm aware, it's just an extra thing that no one particularly likes, so, maybe we can find something better for it.

I don't really like it much, myself.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
She's more-or-less the same character with a better ability to poke efficiently and easier ways to land KOs. Still, she's in a much faster game without any huge speed changes, so she's still probably not very good in relation to the rest of the cast.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, it's above-average. You can tether to a ledge even if someone is on it, and D-Air float helps you with horizontal recovery. Also, Razor Leaf and F-Air are more disruptive than they used to be.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Bad recoveries still have some degree of variability though, I don't see how a recovery that goes straight up in a line every time is any better. Unless it snaps to the ledge like RIGHT away it should be easy to hit them off before they make it back (think ic's up b if popo didn't have nanas hitbox to protect him on the way up)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
With tether cancelling a viable option due to not being able to get edge-hogged, it is going to give tethers more options. Save your jump, tether, cancel, jump, swat them away with an aerial, retether.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that is true and a very interesting use of tethers mechanics o.o guess I shouldn't talk when I don't play a tether character.

im just really scared about ivysaur in project m. with no airspeed changes (?), no moveset changes...I dont know how she'll be viable x.x

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
She probably won't be. I just have theory exp. from playing ZSS.

Is Brinstar good for Ivy in this game too? People are ****ting themselves over healing on obstacles.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think it's good for different reasons, but, yeah. Her projectiles and vertical momentum stuff are awesome due to the stage layout, and she can probably plank really well here. SolarBeam is a nice plus, but it's not nearly as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be, Brinstar or not. I foresee Up-B KOs rather than SolarBeam KOs in taking the show.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll look to master Ivy and Charz as well as Link and TL. They are pretty fun characters in project M. Next should be project 64. All the hit stun with the character selection of brawl. lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
ZSS would be top tier again. D-smash chain forever.

Link is so much fun in P:M. As a Melee Link main, his buffs are sooooooooo good

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've only played P:M once but I'm too lazy to get it for myself even though I have the capability to. Maybe I'll get into it for the holidays

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I went to a Midwest tournament (Retribution) today, it was one of the biggest ones I've been to in a while, but unfortunately I didn't do very well. I got wrecked in my pools and wasn't able to make it into bracket. My Pokemon didn't do half bad in the matches, it was more of my own fault not being able to bring home the wins. I did learn a few things involving some matchups and I found out people are starting to recognize me due to my unique characters like PT and Falcon. I learned that sometimes you can counter some attacks with Bullet Seed when using Ivysaur. This Falco was chaingrabbing me, and he missed the timing by just enough for me to use Bullet Seed him. During that same match, his Falco was right in front of my Ivy, so I used Up Smash and he spotdodged right as I executed the attack. Due to the lag of it, he didn't have the invincibility and died from it.

And awesome job Reflex for getting to Grand Finals, it's a shame you guys couldn't finish your set. And I hate to bring this up but how did it feel when you lost a stock to a Waddle Dee when fighting Tech Chase?

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Good job Reflex!

It's a shame I couldn't watch the whole stream. :(

I only saw Reflex vs TC, did he play PT on some other matches as well?

@Falcon'sFist : Yeah, U-Smash is really good at punishing spotdodges, as well as Zard's RockSmash and F-Smash. I also try to BS the CG because of the invincibility frames on it, but if your opponent sees it, you're gonna get punished hard.

@Ryukario : Hi :D

On a side note, I feel like there are some moves I don't use to their full potential with Ivysaur : I think his BS could be used to juggle, and I also recently started doing more Jabs. The range on it is huge and it has transcendant priority ; I somewhat like it against the ICs. It also helps a lot with the diminishing return.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And awesome job Reflex for getting to Grand Finals, it's a shame you guys couldn't finish your set. And I hate to bring this up but how did it feel when you lost a stock to a Waddle Dee when fighting Tech Chase?
We played it out in my hotel room; I ended up winning the set there. :)

Also, I lost two stocks in the same game to Waddle Dee. :(

Good job Reflex!

It's a shame I couldn't watch the whole stream. :(

I only saw Reflex vs TC, did he play PT on some other matches as well?
I also used PT against Fizzle, but, otherwise, it was lots of Diddy, Wolf, and Falco, all of which I feel much more comfortable with Wario.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Okay. :)

I understand for Wolf and Falco, but I actually like playing PT against Diddy (especially with Squirtle). But yeah you main Wario so it's normal to play him against top tiers. :p
I saw your Wario against TC and it was amazing. :p

Which matchups do you feel more comfortable with PT?

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Okay. :p

Wario has a huge CG against DK/Bowser though. But I know DK does well against Wario (GR and stuff). So, if the matchups are similar with Wario and PT, you go PT right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, not inherently. I've been playing much more Wario in recent times. I just go with what's comfortable.

Top Bottom