• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
Remnants of that weird Super Mario Bros live movie's world linger in Nintendo yet...

(lol on Chancey's 'persons')

stingers

Smash Obsessed
even just, fh dair onstage. I think its lagless doing it onto bfs platform too, but I could be totally wrong there (or thinking of project M XD). I know it hits under platforms tho (think ganons dair in melee)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I only spike with it. The hit bubbles are large but short lasting and it has a lot of lag. Spacing- Char has better options and can't SH it like Samus or Ganon. Returning to the stage- usually I'm hit for more juggles.

T-block

B2B TST
fh d-air is good

i also use mid-air jump > d-air against some characters when they try to juggle charizard, either from the air or from the ground, trying to bait the juggle move and retaliate with d-air. having an extra mid-air jump is nice for that purpose.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That sucks about your net :( .

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
American logic:

Hurricane decimates several homes in crowded coast city:

"Aww, that kinda sucks"

Hurricane knocks out power for a few hours:

"FAH***NG hurricane Issac asdfghjllgdh! :mad:"

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
American logic:

Hurricane decimates several homes in crowded coast city:

"Aww, that kinda sucks"

Hurricane knocks out power for a few hours:

"FAH***NG hurricane Issac asdfghjllgdh! :mad:"

^I had family who had to evacuate because Katrina; at least the levees held for Isaac. It's not like people didn't take refugees into their homes and build better flood-withstanding houses and donate money to help victims of Katrina.
Isaac was a big thing too. But I can't freak out over every problem on Earth.

All of CO and UT http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/usacodes.htm had, at best a red flag fire warning this summer. People were evacuated. http://www.noaawatch.gov/headlines/fire_wx.php
people have to do what they can. One can only do so much.

Now if you called the USA being, diplomatically phrased 'inefficient' on how far we've gotten with military spending (1.3trillion+ since 2001) or how poorly our healthcare system treated our citizens and veterans while wasting tons of money, I might agree.

But as far as Americans helping each other and people in times of disasters, we have that much. And we're learning too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Let's not take this where it possibly could please. ._.

I'm alive. My house didn't go 12 feet under like people in southern Louisiana. Unless, there'd be a better conversation if the contrary had happened.....
jk

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
^I had family who had to evacuate because Katrina; at least the levees held for Isaac. It's not like people didn't take refugees into their homes and build better flood-withstanding houses and donate money to help victims of Katrina.
Isaac was a big thing too. But I can't freak out over every problem on Earth.

All of CO and UT http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/usacodes.htm had, at best a red flag fire warning this summer. People were evacuated. http://www.noaawatch.gov/headlines/fire_wx.php
people have to do what they can. One can only do so much.

Now if you called the USA being, diplomatically phrased 'inefficient' on how far we've gotten with military spending (1.3trillion+ since 2001) or how poorly our healthcare system treated our citizens and veterans while wasting tons of money, I might agree.

But as far as Americans helping each other and people in times of disasters, we have that much. And we're learning too.
I actually smiled when I read this.

Sorry it was meant as a lighthearted joke. Nothing more, and in no way reflects my actual feelings about our country.

Still, the fact that you responded so adamantly in defense of our country... :)

:006:

On a diff note, gotta learn to place my jokes better.

Starting to lose my crowd :V
Well... The small crowd I had to begin with.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Alright. I tend to react strongly to some things.

Edit: I'm going to name my PT Captain Hindsight and his squirt/ivy/char Shoulda, Coulda and Woulda, respectively. That way my wifi taunts can be things like 'You SHOULDA seen that coming!' and 'You WOULDA failed anyway.'. I can also use similar phrases when critiquing and the person being critiqued could respond, 'Yes, of course! Thank you Captain Hindsight!'.
/joking

Rizen

Smash Legend
A week with no activity?! This calls for drastic measures!

(This is for appreciation of PT players and practice. Not fan art. Drawn from memory, no shading.)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
So I have been heavily devled in the FPS gotham city imposters and have been pretty absent from brawl outside of commentating.

So I sat down and played 201 stocks worth of brawl yesterday so hopfeully I'm getting back into it.

LOL and I beat Vinnie's GnW in 1 stock brawl with DK

God I should just quit this game lol.

I do miss all you guys though :(.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The challenge has been issued. September 22, 2012. The match that you guys have been wanting to see your whole lives. Get hype.

As custom states, loser pays winner. $10 up for grabs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I reserved my Wii U. I wonder why there wasn't a huge hype like when the Wii launched?

...Aside from the delayed release date/price info being revealed on a week day. Fortunately I didn't have to be anywhere until 11AM and stopped by the store as it opened:smirk:.

The Wii had huge lines waiting for stores to open on launch day and was hard to get for months. The Wii U probably has more stocked up to meet demands. I expected to hear more hype though:ohwell:.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wii U is now just another expensive commodity. I won't be getting one soon (or maybe at all) because I have better use for $300. =/

No offense to Nintendo, but I always viewed them as the cheaper game competitor. Not so much anymore. Unless the PS360 comes out soon at a price of $700 then I will retract my statement.

T-block

B2B TST
i could see the other next gens being at the $500 price point easily though

i would be more excited if they had better launch titles... the only one i'm really excited about is pikmin 3 =\

Scatz

Smash Champion
Simply because Nintendo decided to focus on the profits from 3DS rather than selling the WiiU. Their E3 was pretty drab when considering the hype people expected then. Add the fact that the starting games lineup isn't that strong.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well the Xbow360 was $300 (or $400?)and PS3 $600 to be fair. I agree about the presentation not being satisfying but I think it's because what people expected that didn't show rather then them having a bad lineup or event. Their 3DS made them take a bath and Nintendo had to lower the price. Which is fine for me, I can buy one cheaper now :) .

They showed no: Zelda, SSB4, Metroid, and these were hinted on some at the E3 before. 3D Mario, Mario Party, and a lot of 1st party franchises were absent.
Launch lineups were never impressive for any company and most launches have been a lot worse because price, melting batteries, delays, etc. The Wii U actually did good (the price impressed me, I expected $400) except living up to the expectations they set earlier but those are in the works.

That's my take on it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not too much hype over WiiU until SSB4 comes out.

And also once they're forced to lower their prices.

If they lowered their price, I could see them lowering it to $250, but that wouldn't happen for a few years.

Edit: Now, if we consumers in a capitalist society wanted to be ****s and really have our way, we could start a movement to not buy the Wii U until it was of a suitable price.

Top Bottom