• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Well went to the place and was just free play, played D12 and he's a Snake player. I was doing really well with Ivy just baiting BS. It was pretty even but near the end I was pulling a lot of wins. Just have to take my time and not go aggressive.

I'm going to rocksmash m2k multiple times in honor of all PT players.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hello! I'm Yoshi8984, but you could call me Yoshi or Timmy if you want. (Timmy's my IRL name XD) I'm 14 years old, and I simply love to play Nintendo games. I play Mario, Kirby, Earthbound, Pokemon and Smash.

In Brawl, I use several characters; Ness, Lucas, Peach, PT, Kirby, Toon Link, Olimar and sometimes Luigi.

My favorite Pokemon game is Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Hope I get to know you guys better! :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Timmy :) (so not to confuse you with the character Yoshi)

FYI sometimes people get really competitive on online gaming forums lol. It's usually nothing significant or personal.
Aside from this social we also have a video thread if you want critiques on replays and several people play wifi on these boards. Plus several discussions. You probably know the drill, having joined over a year ago.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also we don't have much of a Power Rank other than TheReflexWonder being the best. I'm the worst among the regulars here, but getting better. xD

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Well I've only gone to 1 tourney so far and I didn't place well ^^;
(Yeah parents don't let me go unless my brother goes with me .__.)

But that's alright, I need more experience and need to turn those losing matches into learning experiences. ^__^

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I mainly went Ness (though I will use other characters if I want to lol) last tourney. I lost 2 sets in a row in brackets unfortunately. ^^;
But eh, it was my 1st tourney, no one does well during their 1st as you said. :p

Though people underestimated me and said I was tougher than they thought. XD

I also managed to win against someone who used Marth for one match. Though I probably only won that because it was on Brinstar and I managed to escape the deathgrab. ^__^

Oh and also I played this guy named Horo and we did Ness dittos. His Ness is far better than mine, but on my last stock I managed to survive his Back-Throw at 150%. XD (We were on Battlefield, he grabbed me on the left side and back threw me to the right =P)
...But surviving it was for naught, as he edgeguarded me. LOL

Though I will let my PT shine someday at a tourney. :bee:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh yeah actually my favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Such an amazing game, too bad they didn't make a game like that for the Wii. :/

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Welcome dude.

Tourney is going good, made it out of my pool. It was M2K, me then and Soren. I just missed taking a game of M2k, i was up 2-1 stocks and he killed me. Down to 1-1 stocks and I spiked him with Zard at 20 and just missed killing him. I was in shock ha. I though he was going to die and didn't react fast enough to grab the ledge and he got back, if I did I would of beat him.

Feeling good so hopefully i'll get somewhat decent place tomorrow. Lots of good people.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh snap. MaTa with that lvl 97 Charizard. Taking on the King. Watch out!

Edit: I was playing friendlies and my friend picked Ness. I performed that grab release all your guys talked about. I know see what the big deal is. I lol'd. I also came to a simple conclusion concerning squirtle and his grabs:

1)grab range is perfectly fair and balanced :troll:
2) If they can be grab released, do it.
3) If they cant be grab released, try going with grab -> release -> jabx1or2 -> grab
4) If they can't be grab to jab released, grab them again, mix it up a little. Throw out an ftilt after release make them react and grab again, release, jab, grab again. Repeat mix-up. Mind games.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Nvm, its all been cleared up by a friend of mine.

Still, only grab release trick I sver tried with squirt is jab, and jab grab. You're teaching me all kinds of new thinhs bomber.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Tournament is over and was crazy fun. I feel i've definitely improved a lot. I didn't do as good as yesterday but still won some matches today. Played lots of friendlies with a huge skill range of players. Rich Brown, Fatal, DEHF, M2K, Deluxe (**** icees), Mr. ConCon, KiraFlax, Oz, Lycan and many more. I kept up and beat a lot of them. I'm not bragging because they definitely kicked my butt ;)

I just feel I know how to play a lot better with not always doing the gimmicky shelf shifting moves with squirtle or rocksmash completely out of my mind. Learned to play a lot more defensively and smart which drastically improved my skill set and how I play.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
As long as you feel satisfied, that's good. It's always good to feel improvement after a tournament no matter how good/bad you did. congratz man. Also saw you whooped Zigs butt.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I definitely feel satisfied and money well spent. I did beat Zigsta but was unhappy about facing him so early on :( Where did you hear that from though :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I definitely feel satisfied and money well spent. I did beat Zigsta but was unhappy about facing him so early on :( Where did you hear that from though :p
ummm... I totally didn't see bracket pics posted all over fb by mikehaze..... >_>

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't get to play my older brother every day, and I was looking for an excuse to stop working on homework.

At least we got some confusion out of the way.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know, I'm picking at you. I just heard all that clacking and was like "Dear God, what kind of training is Luis doing?"

@Rizen- Shhh, it's ok. Don't worry about it and go back to bed. We will tall you when you are older.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Dude, you better tell that man to respect your personal space.

Doesn't nobody wan't clacking noises invading their side of the dorm room.

Top Bottom