• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So my scene is gonna allow fatigueless/non-force swtiched PT at some events, so you may see some results/vids of me using Ivy. :bee:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive always loved Ivysaur and shes easily one of, if not my favorite character in the game (I think I have a thing for green reptiles, seeing as I normally co-main Bowser and Yoshi lol), and the other two while I do like them, just dont compare. When I first played smash, Ivysaur was one of the first characters I played and when I DID play her, her playstyle just fit. I originally wanted to main Ivy, but after realizing at a competitive level how she sucked and also was forced to switch as well as fatigue, I just didnt want to deal with that and switched to Yoshi as he was the most viable of the 3 I liked with Bowser as a secondary even though I like him a bit better than Yoshi (and my pocket weegee xD). Now Ive fallen back into a state where I just play who I like and dont care about viability, so Ive gone to maining Bowser, and while I did try and add in Ivy, I just didnt want to deal with fatigue and force switching.

But yeah, thats my story... Lol xD

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Interesting story. :p

I know what you feel, I originally only liked Squirtle, but after playing as PT for a few weeks, I realized that Ivy and Zard were fun as well. I think even if fatigueless/non-force switched PT was allowed, I wouldn't play him. The good thing with PT is that since you play 3 characters at once, you're never bored! :D

If you like the others Pokémon, maybe you'll end up playing PT, who knows? But Squirtle and Zard aren't green. :p

Tbh, I play to win. I main ICs and MK/PT. I've played MK since I play competitively, but I recently realized I do better with PT... :laugh:

So I guess I'll stick with PT (he "covers" well some characters that the ICs don't like, such as Peach, ZSS (-1) or Ness (+1), and is good on every stage in the game except FD imo). If the MU against a character is the same with both characters I play, I'll go PT. :p

Having a pocket MK is always good anyway.

I like Bowser as well, he's my low tier character! :D
He has like 3 really good moves (Klaw, Fortress, Grab) and everything is bad/terrible, but he's really fun. The bad thing about him is that my reaction time is too bad for me to chaingrab out of GRs...

Yoshi is the character I hate the most lol... He just doesn't fit to my playstyle.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Green team color PT is mostly green reptiles *shrug*. In Pokemon, is Ivy a plant or animal or both?
I use traditional colors or blue team colors for all my characters.

Sonic's my worst character.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
He's also one of my worst characters. :p

On a side note I thought about making a list of moves that can be avoided by using Ivysaur's U-tilt. Is someone interested by this?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wee need to know every little thing about our character even the crazy flippidy flobbidy googily trixies that we can use to do such things as dodge an attack in a fashionable way. So do it.

Myollnir

Smash Ace

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I addressed the Up-B sound issue in the PMBR; we're discussing potential alternatives now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Okay, I'll do it.

I also edited this :
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=15021406&postcount=1341 :squirtle:

and this http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=15009933&postcount=1621 :charizard:

It contains many small things about the character (ledge options, mobility tricks, as well as a list of characters than can be hit through platforms). I'll do the same for Ivysaur, then I'll do the U-tilt list.

You might want to give a look.
I just read the Squirt one; good stuff :) . I learned several things like ledge drop...Fair will land on the platform without moving forward.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
reflex says he's the best moderator

and I agree with him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TheReflexWonder; Today at 03:57 PM
I didn't see it immediatly. Then I laughed. :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Please, don't be like that. Eventually, it counts as inappropriate content to me, because it's intentionally misleading.

I try to be nice. Don't give me a hard time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The thread title sounds... naughty when you over think it.

If I don't know who my opponent will use, what is the best starter pokemon and legal stage?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The thread title sounds... naughty when you over think it.

If I don't know who my opponent will use, what is the best starter pokemon and legal stage?

Squirtle and Stadium 1, I'd say. Maybe Smashville. Maybe Charizard.

T-block

B2B TST
#SavePMIvysaur

Agreed with Squirtle + PS1/SV. I'd be partial to PS1 if I were in that situation, just because I feel like SV can be pretty small as Charizard against a few characters... the main idea is the switching opportunities though, imo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
No, I would normally keep all textures on, as I have a fully finished CSS with all CSPs done, but some people dont know how to turn off textures before a match or simply pick an un textured color so i just leave music and mild stage textures on these days.

game 3 broke my heart too man. I didn't know he had his jump or that olimar could even make it back from so far. i like the matchup a bit better now though. Its so nice to have a real jab against olimar. sonic is so bad.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
@Reflex : LOL

@Tesh : That was fun lol. I hate that texture though, I don't know how you can play with it. :p

@Rizen : Honestly, I don't know about the stage. My personal favourite is probably Yoshi's Island (a really solid pick imo). I also love BF and Lylat, and SV guarantees you free switches. If you don't know which character you'll have to face, I guess starting with Squirtle on SV is the safest option.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd pick up Olimar if I only got to play with that texture on. Then become the best Olimar in the world, but only when using that texture.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Squirtle's D-smash beats his own SideB... Don't ask me how I found this lol, but does someone know why? It might be a stupid question, but I'd like to know... :D

Edit : I was testing how many % you need to inflict to Squirtle to make him turn around during his withdraw. Apparently it's 7%. Meaning it'll beat any attack that has at least a bit of cooldown that inflicts 6% or less, even if Squirtle will move slowly when he'll hit.

The percentage is slightly higher on Lylat, but not on YI (the main platform) as far as I know.

It can also avoids things like Falco's Laser since he's low on the ground.

Oh and while I'm at it, uncharged watergun (vine whip as well) behaves like an aerial if unleashed in the air, which means it cannot clank. For instance, you can reliably beat Snake's U-tilt with it when trying to land (you just have to move while using it so the U-tilt doesn't connect with Squirtle's body). The hitbox will hit his leg.

The fact that it behaves like an aerial is not that surprising (you probably know this already), but this + the fact that it has a disjointed hitbox is pretty good. You can beat Marth's F-air with it (you'll hit his hand).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For all it's worth, the far hitboxes on Squirtle's D-Smash only hit grounded opponents. Not sure if that is related.

Top Bottom