• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
just camp dk and you'll be fine. you'll get fatigued and lose KO power (so dk's advantage in that department will be even greater) so i think constant switching is a great tactic in this matchup, especially since none of the pokemon gets uber *****.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Thought I would give my opinion on the Donkey Kong, Pokemon Trainer match-up as I have a bit of experience with it, playing as Donkey Kong. Now firstly Donkey Kong has the advantage in this match-up no question, I am continually changing my mind about which pokemon does the best against Donkey Kong however.

As has already being stated Squirtle has a lot of trouble getting past Donkey Kong’s tilts and down b. Also Donkey Kong’s back air can easily stop Squirtle. Now another problem Squirtle has is that you will not kill DK until he is at about 170% sometime a bit more or less depending upon the stage, this is also assuming the DK player knows how to DI and slow down momentum with a down air. Despite this Squirtle can still do some reasonable damage to DK with his uptilt and up air chains, you just have to mind-game the DK into messing up their spacing. You are unlikely to be able to kill DK before you die however as down smash can kill Squirtle at roughly 75%.

Now Charizard has a few things going for him, mainly he can spike DK’s recovery (if you manage to get him offstage) also flamethrower can out space DK. Just be aware however if you keep using flamethrower you WILL be hit by a side B and subsequently killed if you are over 70%. DK’s backair also beats Charizards aerial options.

Finally Ivysaur, bullet seed is really not very good in this match up if the DK is spacing properly as he can stay out of range, the only time bullet seed is useful is if DK stuffs up and rolls toward you or something (why they would do this I don’t know) also if you use bullet seed you will most certainly be punished by a neutral b, forward smash or down smash depending upon the situation, so bullet seed is really a no go against a DK who knows the match up. Ivysaurs best tools are razor leaf and back air. Razor leaf forces DK to approach where you can keep them away with back airs or forward tilts, just be aware that if one of these moves is power shielded you will be punished, possibly even by a down-smash. Ivysaur also has a lot of trouble killing DK, except for up-air, which I would say is you best bet. Ivysaur is also destroyed (as usual) offstage and due to the nature of DK’s up b recovery it can make it even harder for you to clear the edge with bullet seed. So no matter which way you look at it Pokemon Trainer is fighting an uphill battle here, and will most likely lose in this match up. So I guess I have to agree with Toby on this one, even though I still disagree about the Snake match-up. Would write more but I can’t be bothered at the moment.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Well if you want to counter one of DK's tilts you would have to predict it and use bullet seed before the tilt started otherwise due to their speed you'll still get hit. Also as donkey kong is performing a tilt he will already be holding a direction allowing him to quickly DI the bullet seedso he'll only take about 10%. Bullet seed is probably actually more useful to edge guard DK (although still not that great). So if he tries to roll back on stage just walk and bullet seed, same with get-up attacks. However most DK's will know this and will recovery with a jump, followed by a variety of moves which can be hard to predict. So if you try to bullet seed while edge guarding be aware that DK can actually jump back and use his side b to trap you in the ground. Bullet seed may also be useful if DK misses a forward air onstage but thats not going to happen often unless the DK player is mucking around.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
LOOK AT ME--

EGOTISM

I don't get to play any good DK players nowadays. It's been ages since I've played Will_.

EDIT: After looking at the background, I figured I'd make a note of it--I don't drink.

Vermy

Smash Champion
that's some sexy hair.

I'll be teaming with a DK for Rocky (our national Tournament next month)
I'll try get his opinion on the MU after some friendlies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Reflex, I was gonna say something about that background, but you beat me to it. :p

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Ima 'boutta have sumilk wid coooooooookeeeez. 24 cookeez, to be exact, but I won't have all of them. Unfortunately, it's reduced fat milk. But it's still milk.

Back on the DK thing, a Donkey Kong once tried to fight me; I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

If nobody gets that reference, we're more pathetic than Jigglypuff.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Is that a girl with a rocket? BADASS. Also nice Pic Reflex. I'll actually post one of me soon, personal info wil maybe come later, I'm more concerned about a pic.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Regular whole milk all the way.
Good sh*t.

Hey, do y'all in the US still have Vanilla Coke?

@Beast: Hannibal Lecter quote. Good sh*t.

@Magik: You sir, are a pimp.
Since everyone else is doing it....

Back from when I had long hair and was in an Industrial Metal band.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Vermy

Smash Champion
We still have it here too, its just difficult to come by. And yes. It is delicious. Vanilla Coke > ALL OTHER CARBONATED BEVERAGES.
Y'all have grape soda too! =D
A few months back I tried it for the first time. Its like liquid grape bubblegum! There's one place in all of Melbourne to get it, and it happens to be in the shopping complex I work in. ^.^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Me at Disney World over the summer. I wanna go back again so bad. XD

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm 99% sure bomber was joking

vermy scares me

i might post a pic, i might not

toby **** well better post a pic though

Vermy

Smash Champion
See Miles, told ya I was badass ;)

I'm still a big softie though. Like how I squee at Growlithe. ^.^

I'm also exactly 14 different kinds of crazy.

Back on sushi, I just had a smoked salmon hand roll. <3

Miles, Steeler, Typh you gaiz need pics nao. =)

I know what you look like Toby and Beast, but y'all need to show ya sexy selves.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
well i found two pictures one of them terrible

here's icky greasy-haired genesis sweaty typh with cyndaquil

here's sexy good looking typh, half chopped off and really low resolution

maybe one day i'll buy a camera

Top Bottom