• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ellipsis:
A lot of fresh new ideas there, I like it. Welcome to the boards, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Watergun him before c4? I like it. the only thing you missed was snakes dthrow **** on charizard. We really are too negative about the Snake matchup.

@typh: Not video games? Umm. Umm. I like sushi. Do you like sushi? =D

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't really like sushi

but i'm not going to heaven anyways so its ok

Vermy

Smash Champion
Anything! Food's a good start i guess. You seem to be a man somewhat shrouded in mystery.

How's your bio coming along?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Read.
Typh...

Wow. Just wow. My bio looks like something from myspace, but yours **** all over it. Respect for such an open and honest post.

Good sh*t.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
If you think sushi is nasty or you don't like it, then you've never had good sushi. That actually is a fact. The first time I had sushi I hated it, but I had it a chinese buffet where they would make it and then leave it (on ice) on the buffet for forever. That was nasty, but real sushi is the physical manifestation of awesome.
P.S. Typh/Andrew, your blog/bio is almost as awesome as sushi.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Good sushi needs to be made by the Japanese in a place other than a food court.

Best sushi I ever had was in Sydney with my fiance earlier this year. We ate one of their california rolls and I spent $50 buying more to take back to the hotel. The whole night we spent eating sushi, skittles, watching SpongeBob SquarePants and playing Mario Party DS.
Other things were involved but I feel I should be a gentleman.

Bow chicka wow wow.

BEST NIGHT EVER.

The next day we went to the zoo and I saw a tapir.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
california rolls don't count as sushi

i love california rolls too but come on

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm just not a seafood guy. I'm pretty much the only Louisianian who doesn't like seafood. XD

Vermy

Smash Champion
Crispy chicken, peking duck, teriyaki beef/chicken isn't seafood, and some places make it.

Although I don't think that counts as "real" sushi. True sushi has gotta be seafood.

Anyone like ramen? =D

Asa

Smash Hero
Cup of noodles are awesome. And crushing up the packaged ramen and eating it dry it great too.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
If only snake had some sort of tilted forward attack, he would be able to put up a good fight in this matchup :(
Why actually Snake does have a move like that... It works really well against Ivysaur as I think I stated. Since however with Charizard you should be spacing with Flamethrower, this outranges Snakes forward tilt. Obviously you still have to be aware of it with Charizard since you're not going to be using flamethrower the entire match but if you force Snake to approach with it, then at least you're in a better postition to stop any forward tilts. As Snakes forward tilt is much harder to beat when you are approaching. Secondly with Squirtle you should be approaching from the air and in this case Snakes forward tilt is not as big a problem, also if you DI properly with Squirtle you can nearly always escape the second hit. With Squirtle you need to be much more careful of up-tilts, as like i said they kill you very early.

I realise now that I did indeed forget to mention Snake's downthrown and what it does to Charizard, and yes it is bad but it can be worked around. Like I said above you should be spacing with flamethrower and this makes it quite hard for Snake to grab you. If he does it is likely that he will do some damage, just remember don't try to roll behind him as it doesn't work, BUT also don't only do get-up attack after get-up attack mix in some forward rolls. Now if you mention to roll forward and Snake is a short way behind you, dash and do a reversal aerial Flamethrower or rocksmash depending on the distance to teach Snake a lesson.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ellipsis- I loved the fact that you mentioned chaining F-throws on snake with squirtle.....Ive been doing it for a long time and the funny part is at higher percentages if they do wanna DI out the snake needs to remember to tech otherwise he jus set himself up for a jab lock. Alot of this info is real quality too, but flamethrower doesnt always blow up the grenades if they are fresh it pushs them back to snake away from you also. Either way great info keep it up because your ideas are getting good reviews from quite a few of us and I always like a good read. I deff agree with you on this matchup just like earlier stated though the reason everyone is so nasty about it is because snakes D-throw and raw power make PT have to fight alot harder but with the intelligence we have raw power really shouldnt overpower that unless your intelligence is not where it should be to beat snake.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm just not a seafood guy. I'm pretty much the only Louisianian who doesn't like seafood. XD
Sadly this is true.

I love seafood, preferably Fried Shrimp (capitalized for importance)

Louisiana(Cajun) and Italian foods are at the top of my food chain. Mexican is at the bottom. It's just how it is.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been eating more shrimp than I used to. It can't be too big, though, or else it's too fishy for me.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm asian and I'm not a fan of seafood...not something you see very often =\ I like fish and stuff, but I refuse to eat crab/lobster/shrimp. It grosses me out for some reason

Salmon nigiri...why would you need anything else

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I enjoy a good giant mug of SPECIAL WATER!
swear to dugs I'm not on God

OOOH COOKIES *chases off into distance*

Woah, just realized, I'm a shams chapion now instead of lord. what happened to my lordship!

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Yesterday I had one of the best pieces of sushi of my life. This guy at the local sushi place called Fancy Q's created it and he calls it his Lucky Dragon. It's got spicy tuna and avacado in the main rice roll part, then that is topped with ponzu sauce, then topped with albacore tuna and seared with the tataki torch. Then there's a bunch of snow crab leg meat on top, covered with Sriracha sauce (an oriental brand of hot sauce) and hot wasabi mayo. Then it's topped with crunchies, these little bread-crumb-like things that are super crunchy. TONGASM.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
dislikes Japanese food. Had it once for prom and didn't like it. The worst part about it was the lady took my drink right as I stuffed the whole piece of su**** sushi in my mouth so I had to sit there for literally 5 minutes with an awful taste in my mouth and nothing to wash it down with.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
You poor thing.

You're not going to heaven.

Ok, now I'm a Smash Ace. Is this a prankage privilege that is for the people who do shrooms (the special membership people) or what? Not that I mind all that much (Ace is better than Apprentice).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I guess champion isn't half bad either. :)

also I've been told that I'm not going to heaven by people. It's like Jesus doesn't matter anymore. People are AMAZING! They can tell me if I'm going to heaven or not! CHYEAAH!

Vermy

Smash Champion
YES.

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I just had a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and washed all down with a tall glass o' cow juice. Fan-freaken-tastic. Dangit I love food.

Except olives, asparagus and cupcakes.

Don't ask about that last one.
Sushi come salvation? Awwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhh

Top Bottom