• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Wry Mustache Man: Dominating Strategies Discussion

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How do I manage to hit it without the rest of the hits connecting? This sounds like an interesting tactic but I can't quite figure out the timing.
If someone grabs the ledge without ledge invincibility, you do a shorthop D-Air and hit the ground during just the first hit.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I only now noticed that the fully charged Quick Waft is actually faster then the standard version, and seems to come out just quickly as a half waft while retaining the super armor on the early frames of the attack, which is another thing it has going for it.

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Not sure if its been mentioned already, but has anyone seen the tip about warios bike pieces? it actually said that the items pieces could be eaten or thrown O_O, it wasnt refering to throwing the actual bike either from what i could tell. has anyone else seen this tip ?

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Im curious as to if the wheels will be throwable in the wii u version

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The Wii U version is supposed to be exactly the same.

The bike breaks apart into five different pieces, all of which can be eaten but not picked up.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Seems kind of weird that they'd have a tip that's totally wrong.

Though with how glitchy Wario is, I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of throwable bike parts was an oversight.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
i found it, and it makes me really excited because i believe they messed up and didnt make his tires grabbable on accident ! it says exactly this " Warios motorcycle can break into parts. Throw them at others, or eat them to fill warios... gas tank." im really looking foward to using his tires again :Dhttp://postimg.org/image/6m5vc9cyp/321b8d36/

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Weird, my copy (PAL btw) specifically says you CAN'T throw them.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The bike can now combo if your opponent is unskilled. Doing wheelies can also shield Wario from some attacks and also KO opponets if you land it at high percentages, it also deals damage if you begin the wheelie too.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Momentum glitch and bike explosion glitch are gone, but those are the only things I've noticed.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
R.I.P Wectoring you will be missed. A moment of silence for Wectoring..........................................................................................................................................................................Seriously though that really sucks it was so much fun just to fly around.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If someone could note the perecentage each move deals now it'd help. Haven't updates yet so I can compare.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Just want to let you guys know.

-No longer has that troublesome release animation so some characters can't combo him as easily as before

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Just want to let you guys know.

-No longer has that troublesome release animation so some characters can't combo him as easily as before
i saw that . has anyone tested it ? specifically the little mac gauranteed KO punch ?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just did. His release now goes more horizontal instead of vertical.

Little Mac can't really do much anymore.

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Any changes to Wario in the update?
Wario's Ftilt seems to have gotten stronger by 1% ( this also slightly increases the knockback, so that's great.) Additionally, I feel that Wario's Wheelie has a little more knock back than before. Also RIP Wectoring ;-;

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario's Ftilt seems to have gotten stronger by 1% ( this also slightly increases the knockback, so that's great.) Additionally, I feel that Wario's Wheelie has a little more knock back than before. Also RIP Wectoring ;-;
So FTilt deals 14% now? It's 13% in 1.0.3.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
Hitting up training mode against Mario, a straightforward FTilt still does 13%.

However, a high-angled one does 14%, a lower one 12%. I don't know if this is different from 1.0.3. but I suspect not.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hitting up training mode against Mario, a straightforward FTilt still does 13%.

However, a high-angled one does 14%, a lower one 12%. I don't know if this is different from 1.0.3. but I suspect not.
I still have the old build so I might just test that out just in case. Don't remember the angled tilts doing any different damage in that one.

...Not that it really matters, anyway.

Unfortunately won't be able to get my WAH on in the Wii U version till next week since I'm a filthy European.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Anyone try edge guarding with the bite? Holding out bite actually beats out all ledge options but rolling (and dropping off the ledge and jumping up again for an air attack that can be punished). If you train your opponent to roll, you can actually intercept it and punish it with a Waft/Usmash. It's a good way to snake a kill in late game.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Hello Wario forums! (I hope this is the right place to ask this...)

My friend has been playing quite a bit of Wario lately, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with Wario's bite. I've mainly been using ZSS in the matchup, and I feel like bite beats out a large portion of my options, so I've come here for advice. How exactly to I handle bite? It beats shield since its a grab, but it also seems to beat my aerials if I use them to approach, and also my ground normals. But I know there must be something that I'm just missing.

Does Wario have a vulnerable hitbox while biting? Or do you guys have any tips for how to deal with it?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hello Wario forums! (I hope this is the right place to ask this...)

My friend has been playing quite a bit of Wario lately, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with Wario's bite. I've mainly been using ZSS in the matchup, and I feel like bite beats out a large portion of my options, so I've come here for advice. How exactly to I handle bite? It beats shield since its a grab, but it also seems to beat my aerials if I use them to approach, and also my ground normals. But I know there must be something that I'm just missing.

Does Wario have a vulnerable hitbox while biting? Or do you guys have any tips for how to deal with it?
Bite is a very versatile move that is extremely effective when used properly, so really all I can say is that you should probably stop being aggressive against Wario if you're being chomped by him this much.

The Bite has a small hitbox which corresponds with Wario's range problems so really, just outspace him I guess and don't let him get in. Wario is pretty vulnerable to disjoints so abuse that disadvantage.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
On the subject of disjoints, I'm kind of at a loss as to how Wario is supposed to deal with characters like Mega Man who can simply space him with their aerials and keep him from getting anywhere near them.

His reduced aerial movement speed really didn't do any favors when it comes to match-ups like that, since it's harder to bait them into whiffing an attack.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of disjoints, I'm kind of at a loss as to how Wario is supposed to deal with characters like Mega Man who can simply space him with their aerials and keep him from getting anywhere near them.

His reduced aerial movement speed really didn't do any favors when it comes to match-ups like that, since it's harder to bait them into whiffing an attack.
This may sound weird, but I find that the best approach to dealing with aerials with huge hitboxes is to not challenge them directly, but to actually use Wario's dash attack as an anti-air move. Space it so that you slip under them as they are about to land and they won't be able to block it. The move has a deceptively large hitbox, and brings Wario low to the ground so he can avoid their attacks, and its Wario's fastest move and one of the fastest dash attacks in the game (4 frame start up).

It also pops the opponent in the air above Wario, and from that angle Wario is way better at challenging people in the air. So if your opponent is trying to space you out constantly with aerials, shift your approach to punish their landings with dash attacks, and then eventually grabs if they start making mistakes.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I think I need to learn to rely more on his grounded play.

I'm still in a habit of trying to use him like Brawl Wario, but it doesn't work nearly as well when you can't weave in and out of range of attacks due to his lowered air acceleration and speed.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
anyone have any suggestions overall on how to use nair ? also does nair or fair come out faster ?

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
anyone have any suggestions overall on how to use nair ? also does nair or fair come out faster ?
Nair comes out 1 frame faster than the fair (4 frames vs. 5 frames), but its garbage range makes it way worse for approach. The Nair does last a long time and hitting the opponent pops them up slightly above your head which is perfect for a potential follow. Either surprise your opponent with a fast fall Nair, or use it to punish spot dodges and chase rolls.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
another thing i was curious about; on taller standing characters and even some of the shorter ones you can do a up air on the oppenent while they are standing on the ground and autocancel it on landing, i was curious if this is something worth practicing the timing and spacing on. Is this commonly used ? i would imagine it can lead into other things very well and that it could be a good mix-up when landing rather than the predictable dair. thanks for the input !

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
i mentioned this on the combo list but i think its worth mentioning here aswell since i had questions about up air on a standing opponent. I did a little testing, it seems like up air on a standing opponent can actually lead to guaranteed combos such a short hop nair(both hits) or uptilt, im hoping to do some more testing later to confirm if it really is guaranteed! if anyone already has some knowledge on this let me know !

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
One other thing i noticed. Ive played probably already around 1k matchs as wario in for glory and i have to say wario has some kind of undiscovered AT that happens every once in awhile. its nothing crazy but it could be useful. Its similar to robs B reverse gyro cancel in which wario is able to turn his momentum around (similar to b reverse)and perform aerials out of it without lag. i have no idea how its done, im guessing its done with one of his special moves. more than half the times ive seen it its been after ive jumped off my bike. Has anyone seen this ? i have yet to get footage of it because i never can remember to save it by the end of the match, but im definitely trying harder now to find it and record it.

- im not reffering to a simple chomp b reversal , like i said it seems as though you can preform aerials laglessly out of this technique.

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
What is warios best out of shield move?
im not sure what his best is but his up Special is actually very good for punishing non space dash attacks and surprisingly it can kill very well at high percents. I would imagine up smash would be good aswell.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
What is warios best out of shield move?
If it's ready and your opponent is at KO percents, the waft.

The half charged version is as fast as a grab and can punish almost anything, assuming they're close enough for it to connect.

Last edited:

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to play very lame with wario. Like dmg did just run away the entire time build up waft get stock lead play for time lol. It's so good.

Also I hope they buff his up air so it can ko at like 120 and give him either faster air mobility or his dair more priority.

Last edited:
Top Bottom