• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, even MrEh misunderstood you, and I highly doubt it was my lack of reading comprehension. Reading Comp. was, like, one of the highest things I scored on on the ACT or SAT or some such nation wide test they force you to take. So yes, former option.

NinjaLink plays offensively as well and he appears to be doing something right. I sometimes get aggresive myself, but if I start to get owned I generally turtle up and Fortress OoS and/or Jab alot more.

Honestly though, there are very few times when you CAN play defensively. 90% of the cast has a projectile of some sort that forces us to approach.

Anyway, if Sliq and presumably NinjaLink aren't top, then who do you think is that plays Bowser the "right" way. Besides MrEh, we all know he's awesome.

MrEh

Smash Hero
My Bowser is actually very standard. Nothing special about it, and I'm not as talented as NL or Sliq. :/

There is no "right" way to play Bowser. If it works, then do it. If it doesn't work, then try something else. That's all you need to know.

B!squick

Smash Master
Okay, June 5th is coming up. Where do you see Bowser going? Up, down, or nowhere? I'm predicting down to make room for more characters with their own tier.

Flayl

Smash Hero
He's going down, but hopefully/probably not by much. He is still a better character than most low tiers.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care where he goes. If he goes higher, then great. If he goes lower, then that's good to, since he might be allowed in low tier tournaments. lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since I know where Bowser is going to be, I won't tell my "prediction", but for me personally the spot at the edge in between Mid and Low Tier is pretty much fitting. He's a bit too good for being full-fledged Low Tier, but too bad for being somewhere higher than the lower end of Mid Tier.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
M2K thinks many things.

One thing is true, though: Bowser has a lot of untapped potential, I think. He can be quite a solid character if the player is able to cover his weaknesses.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I personally see him staying where he is or moving down 1 spot. He's a good character that has a couple matchups and other factors that hold him from going into a higher spot.

-:bowser:Bowser King

B!squick

Smash Master
So, how old are you scrubs? I remember Gen being 13 or something or other. I'm 21 myself if you couldn't guess by my frequent use of 90s era avatars. Bowser is only 24 (this September).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm 21 as well if you couldn't guess from me knowing all your 90s avatars and my profile.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I'm 18 as you couldn't guess by my avatar that doesn't have anything to do with the era in which I was a child.

EDIT: Oh well I guess I was a child when Blue Storm was released, but I didn't play it until I was like 17 or 18 >_>

B!squick

Smash Master
I thought that picture was familure. Pretty good game, though it was just a racing game so the bar was kinda low to begin with, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Who else is stoked about seeing Bowser in There Will Be Brawl? He's one of the *slight spoiler* two remaining gang bosses, so he should be appearing in the next episode and Luigi has been trying to meet with him for the past 3 or so. I'm not sure who his cronies will be though. Not much, if any, of Brawl's cast has yet to be shown. And let's hope he has a bit more screen time than DeDeDe. >.>

JOE!

Smash Hero
Who else is stoked about seeing Bowser in There Will Be Brawl? He's one of the *slight spoiler* two remaining gang bosses, so he should be appearing in the next episode and Luigi has been trying to meet with him for the past 3 or so. I'm not sure who his cronies will be though. Not much, if any, of Brawl's cast has yet to be shown. And let's hope he has a bit more screen time than DeDeDe. >.>
Uhm, i think theres actually only a few they havent shown

SPOILERS OF CAST LIST:

Cpt. Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donky Kong, Falco, Fox, G&W, Ganon, ICs, Ike, D3, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, MK, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pika, Pokemon trainer (as well as ivy, Squirtle and Charizard), ROB, (ZS)Samus, Snake, Sonic, Wario, Wolf, Zelda

The only ones i havent seen are Bowser, Jiggs, Sheik, and Toon/young link (but he may have been one of the homeless in the Starfox scene...)

NNID
Budget_Player
I hope to see him, and I agree that he should get more screen time than DDD. I was very disappointed in the time that most of my favorite chars got (snake, DK, MK). Anyone else have the idea that
link and the police are the ones behind the brutal gutting murders
?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hmn, today is the second friday....no new episode >.>

(also, is there a Bowser Friend finder or intro thingy so i can say Im a new Bowser main? :p)

B!squick

Smash Master
Soooo... Who saw Sliq saying that you're better off shielding all the time and getting grabbed for it than getting punished by spotdodges? For shame, man-the guy mains bowser!
Well, it's true. I said the same thing in my guide. Which I know I need to update, but I've been kinda busy lately actually playing the game, lol.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
On JayDeth's post on age, I am 17.

I think I am not so bad with Bowser, but nowhere near being viable to go to a Tourney yet. I also use the Wavebird.

JOE!

Smash Hero
^
Yeah, 17 here too.

I think im decent with Boozer, I impressed Fatal with him at Anime boston (even though I lost) when i first picked him up...

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser's biggest advantage in any match up is people not knowing how to play against him. Fact.

Random, I know, but I just felt saying that, lol.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bowser's biggest advantage in any match up is people not knowing how to play against him. Fact.

Random, I know, but I just felt saying that, lol.
truth.

Also, I present a training strategy for you guys if you wanna try, I find it helpful atleast:

The Art of No-Get-Hitsu

What you do is go to stamina brawl, and set yourself to 50 HP (or less if you feel brave)

have your opponent on random from lvls 7-9, with 100+ Hp

Essentially, seeing as Boozer is an easy target, this helps us train to rack damage, while not being hurt ourselves.

I usually do this with 40 vs 150

Top Bottom