• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Wozzy Woxy-Wombat Wread of Wishful Wicked Wonder

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
Is the Brawl scene here dead? I'm going to the couchwarriors monthly on the 24th and I wanna know if I should de-rust myself or not.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Playing Brawl makes me sad because I'm not good at it anymore please don't run it I'll cry when I see Lucas

Splice

Smash Hero
nah, I'll show you a real combo m8

Dash attack > Dash attack > Dash attack ;)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I just realised how stupid this must sound to people who haven't played Rivals of Aether.
"how would an UpB ever combo into an Utilt in a smash game?"

****ing Kragg man
Pretty sure you could do it with fox falco sheik doc peach puff and probably more in melee alone
Heaps can do repeated dash attacks in melee, heck my own combo video had 4x dash attack to double uair in it with falco

Last edited:

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
What's up everyone, finally decided to nut up and make an account after the hype that was Apex 2015.

I'm from Sydney, and I'm hoping to finally be able to play with someone people outside of my immediate friends and actually work on getting better at the game.

But seriously, how hype was Apex?

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Oh man, I have a Facebook but I haven't used it in literally years. I'll see if I can remember my details and join up

Splice

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you could do it with fox falco sheik doc peach puff and probably more in melee alone
Heaps can do repeated dash attacks in melee, heck my own combo video had 4x dash attack to double uair in it with falco
did ya quote the wrong post there mate, none of those characters combo upb into utilt regularly, only puff can do it at all.
comboing dash attacks is quite a reasonable thing within the realm of smash idk what star is on

Kreygasm

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
did ya quote the wrong post there mate, none of those characters combo upb into utilt regularly, only puff can do it at all.
comboing dash attacks is quite a reasonable thing within the realm of smash idk what star is on

Kreygasm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHO9Km_jTG4 2:15, easily could be utilt or really anything

If you doubt the rest i'd be happy to put money on it and show them all to you at a meet (8

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Oh you're talking about 'custom' combos. I'm talking BnB works evertume. I say only puff can do it because if you actually get the sing off then you can do anything you want, still a **** choice to sing though.

Kragg's UpB in Aether spawns a platform right under him so he can Utilt instantly, if the UpB hits in the right spot it doesn't appear to be escapable. This is not the same, and even in the realm of custom combos pretty much everything you mentioned can be DI'd if it was expected, unlike the new everytime a.k.a. Kraggs UpB+Utilt

p.s. (as in pretty sure) that Fox could've Bair'd

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Big post incoming...

I've gotten home from Shadowloo Showdown 6 and what a tournament it was; fantastic organisation and heaps of hype was amongst all the matches I saw over the course of the weekend. The crew battle on the Friday had me in hysterics at certain points and my matches in pools/brackets are some of the most challenging and enjoyable matches I've had the pleasure to partake in. Congratulations to the winners of each event and I hope you enjoy the glory. :)

After leaving the tournament I returned to my grandparent's house for what seems to be the umpteenth time in the last month and six days and I can't say I'm sick of it yet; Melbourne truly is a wonderful place to be and the Smash community especially has been very welcoming to me, putting up with my constant begging for meets and small brackets as to avoid sapping up my grandparents internet too much. I've been east, west, south and north of the city to various people's houses and venues and enjoyed different environments which provides a pleasant contrast to that of the area that I grew up in. I'll miss the convenient trams and well laid out city as apposed to the mess that is Sydney.

Now for some shoutouts:

Dreadtech - @ dreadtech dreadtech

Thanks so much dude for housing me for the weekend of Miles Warehouse 2 and picking me up from the airport the day prior. It would've been a real hassle to make it around without getting my bearings with the other Melbourne folk so I was happy I was able to get to and from the venue without any problems. I hope I wasn't obnoxious in my constant barrage of questions and requests throughout the last month as I did feel sometimes that I asked too much of you guys and the other TOs. I was really impressed with your sheer effort and determination within the Smash Scene in organising seeding, brackets and other facets that made that tournaments run and I'm sure there would've been many problems without your help. Thank you especially for fixing the Project M bracket problems that involved me both at MW2 and the Jan CW monthly.

I consider you a great friend man and I'm glad that we were able to improve alongside each other ever since you first entered the Netplay group and it's amazing how close we are in skill to this day. Good luck with all your endeavors for the next couple of months and I'll see you at BAM 7!

Dom Hynes - @ NeoTurtle NeoTurtle

Hey man, fantastic job with all things related to streaming and the PM stagelist, you've put in a lot of effort into making things run smoothly around here and this has resulted in a more sustainable scene which I can respect. You're a great guy dude and I had lots of fun discussing various technicalities relating to Smash and streaming etc, mad props to you bringing Rivals of Aether to Billy's house, I can't remember another time where I had so much fun playing a new game and it certainly was a learning experience, can't wait to see how the game will develop and how it'll (hopefully) integrate into the Aussie smash scene.

Oh yeah, congrats on the Melee Amateurs win as well, you can Dread can share that achievement now ;) See you at BAM 7 dude!

Matt G - @mask1n

Yo dude, I really enjoyed our two hang out sessions over the last month, especially the second one which really helped me figure out my strengths with 3.5 Sonic, I hope you got something out of it as well. Your housemates as well were also especially cool and it was fun making more friends. During my three day obsession with Smash 64, you helped me get all those codes to console and it was really fun messing around with the characters and different stages, I had heaps of fun. I'm still a bit salty that I lost that PM ironman but you deserve the win for sure. It was really fun talking about different things game related and I'd love to hang out again if I get the chance next time I'm down here.

Your Jigglypuff, Mario and Game & Watch are a thing of beauty and I think you can really go far in Smash, keep trying dude and you'll be the best in no time! See you next time. :D

DD - @DD_

While I've only commentated several times in my very short Smash career my time with you was especially fun during the Top 8 of Project M at MW2, that's for sure. I had lots of fun talking with you about various stuff, you're always a real chill guy to hang out with and I hope you really are enjoying your trip in Japan at the moment. It was a shame we didn't get many other chances other than those two tournaments to talk, perhaps more around the BAM 7 weekend? Always a pleasure dude, see you in several months!

Baileeh - @baileeh

I only saw you at Miles Warehouse 2 dude but I can tell that you're a great guy to spend time with, your Falco is pretty damn good and I think you have a great shot at the top in Smash. It's a shame that you live so far away from the main locations that tournaments are usually held in this state and hopefully in the future you can attend more things and improve. Your comments are always insightful and I had fun at dinner with you and the others. I'll see you soon!

Fudge - @Fudge9

It's kinda strange to think now that you were the guy I hung out with the most at tournaments and talked to the most about improving and what can be done to ensure wins in our brackets considering we didn't talk much online prior to me coming to Melbourne. It was really fun discussing lots of things with you and I think we really understood our strengths and weaknesses as players and helped identify what we can do as a duo to improve eachother's tournament results. It was really good having all those training sessions with you and I think we're pretty close in skill at the moment and it'll only take a bit more of a push to get us to that next level.

Keep going at it man, good luck in the future and I'll see you in May!

Naga - @Dyl9

Thanks so much dude for the different times I hung out at your house, it really helped me improve at certain aspects of my play and I can see you have much potential, on ever just missing out on bracket at each tournament. You've only got a little bit to go before you can break through that and make it to pro. I'll always respect your Yoshi, keep at it dude!

Jamwa @ Jamwa Jamwa

Man my money match against you sure was embarrassing but I really clutched it out back in the tournament match the weekend following due to intense practice sessions inbetween. You're a great guy to talk with and I think we have a really deep understanding of what works and doesn't work in Project M specifically and that knowledge really helps us work well as a team. With a little more practice in doubles I think we can get very far together and make it to the very top. Shame about your DQs at all three tournaments I was in attendance to, hopefully next time you won't be so unlucky. I respect your skill a lot and I have a bit to go before I can reach your level, that's for sure.

Keep on truckin' dude, I'll see you at BAM!

Billy @ Splice Splice

First of all I want to apologise for what may have seemed condescending and rude talk to you on the Netplay chat for months before we met, I never really understood what you meant to say about many things until we had good talks in person about various aspects of Smash and the community in specific. The times I spent training at your house were some of the most valuable hours I've ever invested into Smash and I learnt so much about aspects of competitive play from your advice and guidance, especially about Melee Falco. Congratulations with your achievements in all three games over the last month and I hope you achieve even better results in the future!

You're a player I really respect and I idolise that level of skill to be something I can hopefully achieve one day. See you soon dude.

There are also many other people I talked to and hung out with over the course of the month and a bit I stayed here including @ S.D S.D , @ Redact Redact , @Dekar289 , @Tomo009 , @Hobs_ , @joeyjoeyjoejoe and @Hughie

Sorry if I forgot anyone! Here's my results for this month if anyone cares to see how I did while down in Vic.
Miles Warehouse 2
Project M Singles - 13th
Melee Singles - Lost in Pools
Smash 4 Singles - 17th
Smash 4 Doubles - 9th - with Matt G

CW Jan Monthly
Project M Singles
- 9th
Melee Singles - 25th

Shadowloo Showdown 6
Project M Singles
- 7th
Project M Doubles - 4th - with Jamwa
Melee Singles - Lost in Pools
Melee Amateur - 3rd

Well, I'm officially broke now, gunna have to work my ass off to get the money to come back to Melbourne for BAM in May. This was a month I'll never forget guys, the excitement for this trip is what got me through my final year of school last year and into uni, the Smash Scene is pretty damn special to me and I've made friends that I would've otherwise not have if I didn't discover the competitive scene. Back to Sydney on Tuesday then to a Sydney smash tournament on Sunday!

Peace everyone. :sonic:

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
i like brawl
I actually like it too and miss playing it. Re watched a set between Mr R. and Otori from Apex in 2012 and I wanted to play it again.

If we ever get a smash only major I think we should add in all 4 games into the program like Apex, I'd like that very much.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
If people want to actually play the games it's very hard to fit 3 games into a tournament already imo. Non smash only tournaments aren't that much more difficult if you're not trying to line up with some kind of stream schedule for other games, would be my impression. MW2 was tight for time.

S.D

Smash Master
SS6 ran overtime with 3 events to the point where we couldn't finish.
My feel is that 3 events is already a super stretch, and that PM is currently an anchor/burden on time and resources.
Also it overlaps into the same space melee already occupies.
At least brawl (even though I don't like it) offers something different in terms of gameplay and skillset (though both take a lot of time).

Right now an ideal setup would be to run only melee and smash 4.
Easier on competitors, streamers and TOs.
I can't see PM lasting another year.

The compromise is no stream time.
Finals for s4 and melee to be streamed, PM maybe recorded elsewhere or sidestreamed.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
The big strain is having people in multiple events. If you're in two events simultaneously it's **** for you as a player and it's **** for the brackets because you're holding everything up. You really want players to play one event at a time. This is why bracket pools and such in waves are useful because you can organise it so people play one game at a time, unlike the way it's run in NSW atm, totally pointless to run bracket pools if no waves.

Splice

Smash Hero
SS6 didn't run over time, it was scheduled as if though we had more time.
It ended early because the cut off was different to what we expected, not because it was behind schedule.

Anyway there's no real push for Brawl tournies atm, PM brings far more people with it than Brawl would because Brawl people are happy with Smash4. It would be nice if PM people got happy with Melee, I agree it doesn't seem sustainable for us. Side-stream of PM and giving more time to S4+Melee is an idea for future

S.D

Smash Master
SS6 didn't run over time, it was scheduled as if though we had more time.
It ended early because the cut off was different to what we expected, not because it was behind schedule.

Anyway there's no real push for Brawl tournies atm, PM brings far more people with it than Brawl would because Brawl people are happy with Smash4. It would be nice if PM people got happy with Melee, I agree it doesn't seem sustainable for us. Side-stream of PM and giving more time to S4+Melee is an idea for future
The stream and tournament were both well behind schedule ...
Even so we should have been finished well before 10pm so the point stands.

Also not all brawl people are happy with s4 (see attila), but I agree PM has a larger following of unique players at present.

EDIT: FYI @ Splice Splice
Finals - Please tune in at twitch.tv/melbournemelee
1 - 3pm - Project M Singles Top 4, Doubles Top 3
3 - 5pm - Smash 4 Singles Top 4, Doubles Top 3
5 - 9pm - Melee Singles Top 8, Doubles Top 3

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
afaik we were taking it easy because we didn't think we had to be out until 11pm

Attila should just play Melee.
He's good at it, and you can't deny he enjoys a good DonB flogging

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
afaik we were taking it easy because we didn't think we had to be out until 11pm

Attila should just play Melee.
He's good at it, and you can't deny he enjoys a good DonB flogging
We definitely weren't "taking it easy" because we thought we had more time.
We were running behind and frantically trying to catch up.
ALWAYS better to finish early than loaf and risk running over time.
Look what happened.

Top Bottom