• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I imagine quite a few people will probably say Sing, but honestly I think that Jigglypuff's DTilt is worse. I mean, with Sing, if you can get an edge-cancelled Sing on your opponent, it's a free Rest. It's unlikely, but it can happen. With DTilt, it has exactly the wrong amount of knockback: too much to combo into anything, but it doesn't kill until like 500%. It isn't even that fast, and it's easy to punish.

Tamoo

Smash Master
jigg's dtilt is not as bad as you think. Im talking totally from melee experience here cos i dont play brawl but assuming it has similar properties, it allows you to avoid some grabs as you go down low, which is part of a combo i believe is called 'the **** combo' ie. jab, jab dtilt.

Id say mario's dtilt is worse, when i did play brawl, that was an aweful move with no point whatsoever

BEES

Smash Lord
fludd is pretty bad

ganon's utilt and jiggs's sing at least catch opponents occasionally, and when that happens they can lead to lots of damage. Fludd requires lots of preparation and has very limited use.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i think the worst move is also ganons up tilt. whenever i try to use it, i just get hit or it doesnt hit the opponent cuz of the timing

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
jigg's dtilt is not as bad as you think. Im talking totally from melee experience here cos i dont play brawl but assuming it has similar properties, it allows you to avoid some grabs as you go down low, which is part of a combo i believe is called 'the **** combo' ie. jab, jab dtilt.

Id say mario's dtilt is worse, when i did play brawl, that was an aweful move with no point whatsoever
Perhaps it was better in Melee. I don't know, since I've never played it. Since Melee has more hitstun I can see it having some sort of combo potential in that game, but in Brawl the hitstun ends before she recovers from the ending lag. And you can avoid grabs simply by crouching, and that has no ending lag.

Although Mario's DTilt is pretty horrendous too, so that might well be worse...

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Ganons utilt is amazing. Its edgeguarding destroys almost anyone who doesnt autosweetspot the edge. Also the newly discovered utilt Trix such as barrier spike and momentum reverse allow for amazing kills. Ganons Utilt is very good, but very situational also. Worst move is metaknights downb or shworp, or jiggz dtilt.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Mario's Fludd is the worst move in the game.

Ganon's U tilt sucks in opponents (even from the air) and will kill them at low %.

Mario's Fludd hardly does any knockback and dosn't do any damage at all. Not to mention you have to fully charge it up first if you want to make it somewhat effective at all. It also can't do a reverse b aerial.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Falcon kick.
/thread.

Edit: people in this thread must lrn2fludd =P

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you think FLUDD is bad, you need to go watch some matches of Famous or Boss. FLUDD's pretty good.

I've heard rumors that Mario's dtilt is pretty bad.

I'd say most of Olimar's moveset is terrible except for B. Seriously, without B, the rest of his moveset except for his jab, tilts and nair is useless.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
fludd is pretty bad
Yeah, a move that gimps recoveries, gives minor combo potential (it induces a lot of hitlag if you attack the water.), and can be used to recover (fludd in the opposite direction of the stage as you are recovering) is obviously the worst move in the game.

Sing is very situational, but very powerful in those scenarios. Kinda like warlock/falcon punch.

Mario's dtilt usually gets punished when it hits, has almost no range, low damage, and almost no knockback, no setups, bad priority, ect. It's probably the worst move in the game.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Mario's dtilt isn't a bad move on its own - it's just that he ALWAYS has a better option. Getting caught off guard by one gives you 5% and a chance to get stringed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The game actually punishes you for using Mario's Dtilt...it's a useless move...it's more of a taunt than anything.

And srsly....don't be ignorant to Fludd's uses. It's FAR from the worst move in the game.

Edit @ Successor of Raphael: IIRC, the ending lag of Mario's Dtilt outweighs the hitstun it gives. If you land it, they opponent gets to react before you do.

I may be wrong, but if I am, I'm not far off.

Frown

poekmon
Diddy's down B is a freakin' insult to fans of the SSB series. It does nothing.

I would actually say that Luigi's dtaunt is more useful than Sing. I mean, IF you manage to put your opponent to sleep with it, you won't even have the time to fsmash him before he can punish you.

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight's infinite cape glitch is banned, not the move itself.

Silly Smasher, mistakes are for n00bs!!

(no offense)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jigglypuff's d-tilt. Sing at least can be canceled on the ledge.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff's d-tilt. Sing at least can be canceled on the ledge.
Anyone who says anything different doesn't know smash, Jigglypuff has probably the highest concentration of worthless moves in 1 character, you've got a 60 frame duration move that hits on like 13 with a hitbox that extends barely above the foot and barely below it, making itwork only if the opponent is directly in front of you but is so slow and punishable. Horrible move, plus it does nothing that can cause a setup if you manage to hit it and the damage isn't that great.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
Mario's Dtilt near the edge can be used for a spike combo with his fair i say ness pk thunder sucks :/ moves to fast to control, can be cancled out by anything and levease ness ope when your try to curve it into him but on stage i does wonders :3

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Really?

Ness' PKT is a very good move. It can build up a lot of damage with tailwhip > head, and is a pretty good juggler against characters on the light side of the spectrum. The tail can also combo into PKT2, which kills at very low percents.

I'd say maybe Lucas' PK Freeze. The knockback is too high to follow up with anything, and you can see it coming from a mile.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Really? FLUDD?

Did Brawl just come out or something?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Mario's Dtilt near the edge can be used for a spike combo with his fair i say ness pk thunder sucks :/ moves to fast to control, can be cancled out by anything and levease ness ope when your try to curve it into him but on stage i does wonders :3
Wow, this is the funniest post I've ever seen! :laugh:

I'll go with Mario's d-tilt.

:069:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom