• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Linkachu

Smash Rookie
"dammit, stop whoring throws! it's so cheap!"
"pichu's f***ing broken!"
-playing against a c-sticking marth with my pichu (ironically, the guy's name is ACTUALLY John)

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
"I broke my finger! Stop!" After the match, he discovers that it either has miraculously recovered or wasn't QUITE as bad, probably a bad sprain or something. *sarcasm*

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
One of my friends and I were playing, and I edgeguarded his Ness four times with Pikachu's dtilt. He calmly shut off the Gamecube, took out the disc, and proceeded to break it in half.
Not something he said, really, but it was probably the lamest response to losing I've ever seen.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
"the knee is such a cheap f***in move. thats all you had to do. was dodge, hit me a few times and when the time was right... knee me to my death. honestly, that move shouldn't be in the game. you wouldn't win without it. "

my friend after I beat him in a 5 stock match without losing a single stock...(obviously he's referring to the knee of justice and my captain falcon)

D

Deleted member

My favorite

"I didn't get any sleep because i watched Dragon Ball Z Season 3 last night"

Others

My hands hurt
I'm constipated
Dude, why are there even characters with swords in this game! They're so cheap, I mean I just fight with my fists (he was playing Ganondorf) and Roy's gotta be all girly and attack me from long range!!!

Roy shouldn't be in this game

At least i use manly characters (while playing Marth)

Drop Dead

I was busy last night....... With your mom (started a big fight)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Are you a b****? I can see how that effects the outcome of a match.

Mine was "I wasn't in the mood to play."

I usually use my Mario against my cousin's Flaco. I always win. He used to make excuses like crazy but then he just gave up making excuses and would just say "meh" after every match. The first time he beat me he hanged it over my head for weeks despite me telling him that his 1 victory was against my 100 victories.
thats exactly what happens to me i beat my friend in ssbm,ssbb,madden,soulcaliber, just about every thing and he beats me once in a ssbm with my mariovhis roy beats me once after i let him borrow my game for like 3 days he beats me once next match i kill him like always and he still brings it up every now and then and i tell him over my thousands u got 1and he still thinks he can beat me every time he thinks he can beat me that just makes me winning better LOL

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"The only reason you won is because someone stepped on my controller's cord and tugged it in my hands."

He was using a wireless controller >_>

'Fro

Smash Lord
Aside from controller johns and Samus johns from Sheiks and Marths, the worst I've heard was "You only beat me because you're worse than me!" after a 2-0 elimination in which the first match was a four-stock.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
"I actually went and did terrible because I was exhausted and in pain from climbing a mountain the previous day. I shouldn't have entered."

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
"My contact fell out because I was so focused I wasn't blinking and it got dried out!" XD Thats me! My list of things to practice now includes application of short-hopping and blinking lol

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
this is called jhon, and thers a thread about it made by phanna i think.. and its huge, make it bigger XD

SimpleNClean

Smash Rookie
"The TV is laggy"
(after one match and swapping to a "better" TV) "I'm use to the laggy TV"
"By the time i react, im hit already"
"Its cause i keep mistiming sweetspots"

This was all against a self proclaimed marth "pro" who couldnt believe his tech knowledge could be beaten by someone who had yet to learn wavedash/l cancel/shffl/etc (aka me at the time

TresChikon

Smash Lord
"Stupid game doesn't let two people on a ledge at once."

"Stop shielding and take it like a man."

"Peach's down-smash is suppose to always work."

"Wavedashing is cheating."

"Shining is cheating."

"Fox is cheating."

"Oh, now you use Captain Falcon." (After someone else takes his spot.)

"Captain Falcon is cheating." (After he gets back in.)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
"You only won because I forgot to DI"
You probably should've DI'd then.

This comes pretty much every match from my friend who I beat with pretty much a 9/10 ratio. He thinks he's better than me, but I don't even go peach against him.

Kantō

Smash Champion
this one kid i played at my first melee tourney had a siezure and thats why he lost. i guess thats kinda of a good excuse though LOL.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My favorite but not the best your won because you picked the 1st port and you get the grabs!!! he was yelling so loud. I offered to iwtch them for a fairer game he walked away aaahh pichu johns there are none greater than johning when you just lost to a pichu no matter what.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
"Pick someone other than Roy. He's too good."
I used Roy, my opponent used Fox.

Then I went Marth. lol

Top Bottom