• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

TGM

Smash Lord
my friend lost 8 times in a row with his fox vs my marth. he asked me why he doesnt win. i said "u need to think about what your doing". the next match i suicided 3 times and lost the match. he stood up and yelled "mind games DO work!!!!!"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
"I shouldn't have lost" God I hate when people say that X.X.

Oh and : "Man...I haven't had sex in YEARS!"

Roffle.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I beat my friend Marek 5times straight my Doc vs his Samus, and each time he was like, omfgawd, okay okay rematch new colour new colour new colour, it was splendid :-) (then he won once on the 6th colour -even tho samus only has 5- and didnt wanna play no more aftr that :-( )

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Well, this is an MvC2 thing, but still great.

"This god**** joystick is broken." - Then proceeded to kick it off the machine.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
"I had something in my eye."

"You only won because I don't really care that much about this game. It's sad that I can still keep up with you."

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
These are all quotes:

Peach.

Sheik.

Marth.

Falco.

Battlefield.

Jungle Japes.

Yoshi's Story.

*insert my character* is broken.

*insert their character* has no range/grab range/priority/projectile!

*character I'm using* counters *character they're using*

I guess why he's low tier.

The button didn't respond!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I used the following excuse for losing to a completely inferior opponent once

"This controller is screwed up. WTF? where did you even find this God-forsaken controller?"

I have no idea where the guy found the controller that convieniently was the only controller available for me, but here are the differences between it and the standard nintendo-brand controllers I usually use:

-The buttons arround the A button had been rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Yes, X was directly under A, Y (which I use to jump) was to A's left, and B was directly above A. So pretty much whenever I wanted to jump, I would use a B move, whenever I wanted to use a B move, nothing happened, and whenever I wanted to use an A move, I would accidentally jump.
-The control stick had only 6 niches for the control stick to go instead of 8,
-the control stick was double the normal size, so you had to slide it twice the distance as normal throwing off my smash attacks. (which were already thrown off by the fact that the c-stick didn't work)
-Apparently this guy's younger brother used this controller, and he ate very greasy potato chips and such while playing, so the controller was very greasy, and all the buttons were sticky and unresponsive.
-the controll stick had no grip on it, it was perfectly smooth. combine that with lots of grease, and I found my finger sliding across it often without even moving it.
-the handles where your hands grip were rectangular prisms (very uncomfortable)

anyway after losing 3 matches in a row (5-stock matches, where I got him to a single life left each time) I had complained enough to have him switch controllers with me. He claimed that which controller you used didn't matter, and that he would still win. The controller he was using was nintendo-brand and extremely good (probably only a few months old). Anyway, I 5-stocked him without getting hit.

~rh

Smash Lord
Best one for me so far - "I accidentally wavedashed off of the stage"

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
Well. Most of the excuses I hear, make no sense...
Such as:

"If my control wasn't possessed with the spirit of a wandering gypsy, I would have won... EASILY"
"IT'S NOT FAIR. YOU DON'T SUFFER FROM EBOLA!"
"OMG IF YOU DIDN'T LAUGH LIKE A ****ING REINDEER"
"Dude. I was trying to die in style. ON PURPOSE."
-My friend calls the stocks "burrito points"... so yeah. just the make it make sense.
"HE-SUS, IT'S BECAUSE YOUR A MEXICAN. AND YOU KEEP STEALING MY BURRITO POINTS!"
"If I was on my drugs right now, there is no way you would have won that."
"I NEVER PRACTICE. IF I DID. THAT WOULD MAKE ME, LIKE, NERDIER!"
"Aaron! Why did you just throw my control across the room!"
" I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE YOUR MIND GAMES ON ME! JESSSSUSSSS!"
"Dude the smashgods obviously are trying to get me to suicide. WOULD YOU DENY THEM AARON? WOULD YOU!!!"

yeah... Then there are the ones everyone says, but those are my favorite ones.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
"Marth is the cheapest character in the game. Any noob can be him and win" He becomes Marth and I switch to pikachu for fun and 4 stock him.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
"You're not really fighting, you're just keeping me off the edge."

It was pretty hilarious, but sad at the same time. The guy who said it was someone who had some potential at the game. I was convinced that if he practiced, he could get good, but then he started talking about "playing wrong" and it being "no fun" to play that way, and quit playing against me and a lot of other people. Sucks.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
" geese, i'm using my falco ( a clone of his main, fox)"
" MArio's a noob (WTF)"
"Your the most anoying marth ever!"
Almost everytime before this guy loses, he quits the match. Ashame.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
"I was using low-tier"
"O its just training"
"tippers cheap"
"cheapass shine"
"cheapass up smash"
"cheapass sword/range"
"falcos lasers are cheap"
"peach is easy to play"

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
i actually use one john in particular a lot.

****ing falco. 9/10 times its a joke, but some times when you just get pillared 0-death on FD while playing pikachu, you just can't help but want to kill their entire family.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
A person said this to me several times:

"You won because I wasn't "on" today"

He says that everytime I 3-stock him. Here's another excuse.

"Well, if you say I gang up on you, you shouldn't gang up on other people"

This noob at school said that to me. Every match he goes for me along with another person. Then, I "gang" up on him along with another person even though it appeared I didn't. What a *******. And here's a last quote.

"Wow, are you like going after me or something?"

He goes after me every game and then he says that when I am owning him.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
i play my friend. he sucks majorly at the game. i pull out marth. he pulls out bowser, then roars like him acting all big and bad.

i beat him without losing a life in a 5-stock match.

he tells me:

you ready?

".................well steve, after seeing that match, it's official. you're cheap with marth."

i lmao. seriously. he just got mad 'cause i started juggling him. i h8 n00bs.......

HolyChef

Smash Ace
dude: ahhhh. the controller! *grunts*
me: dude there's another controller RIGHT there. *points at controller right in front of both of us*
dude: nah its ok
me: ok

this same thing went on after EVERY single match and to this day still does.

for everyone who hates anything about a certain controller. BUY YOUR OWN.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
"wavedashing defeats the whole purpose of playing this game. its so gay, all ur doing is using that cheat. u even said it urself that its a cheat or watever."

he calls wavedashing a cheat, lol, i told him it was a glitch, and he says
"exactly, if its a glitch thats not spose to be in the game then its a cheat." << wtf?
"shoot man all u do is wavedash with fox, of course ur gonna win"

sigh, more coming soon!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Okay so I main Falco, second Marth and Mario. I'm playing my friend who was using Peach, and he starts complaining that using wavedashes and l-cancels is a "noobish" thing to do, so i let him pick my character.Like 5 games in a row,( I then played as Bowser, Pichu, Kirby, Yoshi, and Young Link). I fourstocked on all except Young Link in which upon starting,I suicided three times, and beat him without breaking 100%. Quote of the day = "Jeeze! Noobs like you can make ANYTHING ***!!!"

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
My brother always complains that his luck is terrible while mine is amazing. Although, sometimes it seems like that.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
After i 4 stocked my friend as bowser he says "I was trying to fart the whole time, and i just couldn't concentrate."

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I remember when I used to pull the down smash excuse on my friend. Those days are long gone though. The downsmash is overrated.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
"I was thinking about your mom..."
"Your lucky you haven't unlocked Toad yet! I would've beat you then!"
"My phone vibrated. It altered the grip on my controller."

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My new line of excuses. "Marth's ***, I barely even hit you..." to " Game and Watch is cheap, all you did was combo me..." to "WHO THE **** EVEN USES BOWSER!"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well this one time me and my cousin (which he sucks at playing) were playing and I was Bowser and he was Link and were playing 8 stock battle and as soon as we were into the match I was beating the crap out of Link and almost at the end of the match he had 2 stocks left and said "hey ur cheeting" which was his way of saying I don't know how to play, and as soon as the match was over he said "If I would have had Master Hand or Giga Bowser I would have beaten u"

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I have heard "Oh today just isnt my day" "I held back" "I let you win" "My [whatever button they decided to hide behind] isn't working!" Last but not least "I don't do good against people I have never played before!"

Top Bottom