• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
"I wasn't even trying." restarts the match "Man hold on I can beat you!" 15 games later "See I beat you I pwnd you so bad you didn't even stand a chance!" I walk home laughing like a maniac.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I haven't played enough people to hear an excuse, but my sister can't figure out how to smash attack. I keep telling her that she will be better if she could learn it, but whenever we go to training mode, she always ends up going off on a rampage of other moves and can't stay focused on trying to smash. (she's 12)

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
the land of lost jumps...

You know those moments when you lose track of how many jumps you have, and as you recover your realize you already used your second jump. Or maybe even those moments you're trying to down-tilt along the edge and get pushed off and fastfall without a jump to your death...
We have a theory. Out there in a different reality is a magical place where all those lost jumps go. it's looks kind of like Dreamland 64, and in that place all the missing jumps can live together in harmony and frolic in the meadows.
Needless to say when someone tries to use that as an excuse....

Him: "DAMMIT!! Where'd my second jump go?!?!?!"
Me :"It went to the land of lost jumps."
Him: *confused look* "oh....I didn't know that..."

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
You know those moments when you lose track of how many jumps you have, and as you recover your realize you already used your second jump. Or maybe even those moments you're trying to down-tilt along the edge and get pushed off and fastfall without a jump to your death...
We have a theory. Out there in a different reality is a magical place where all those lost jumps go. it's looks kind of like Dreamland 64, and in that place all the missing jumps can live together in harmony and frolic in the meadows.
Needless to say when someone tries to use that as an excuse....

Him: "DAMMIT!! Where'd my second jump go?!?!?!"
Me :"It went to the land of lost jumps."
Him: *confused look* "oh....I didn't know that..."
lol. Most of those jumps belong to my friend.

darth _marth

Smash Rookie
"That's just BS"
"My controller doesn't work"
"Ur sword is sooo, f-------- long!!"
"I pressed A!!"
"Ur so cheap"
"I let u win"

mario-man

Smash Lord
Wouldn't that be obvious to tell??? There are little numbers and stuff going across the top of the screen during AR.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Kinda hard not to notice something like that. :)

Another dumb thing i heard.

Me and my friend were playing.
Game starts, 10 stock. Its over in about 2 minutes. I win with, you guessed it, 10 stock.

"Well I've never even played this game before"
....even though we played it a week ago at his house

Next day at school.
Him: "yea, i totally owned in melee yesterday he didnt stand a chance.

Keep dreaming, too bad he publicly challenged me the next day where he "fought with everything he could"

...and lost horribly

arrogant *** :psycho:

Razed

Smash Ace
"I would've won if you didn't hit me that last stock"

-

*My friend playing peach, me fox. I run all around poke stadium shooting with shl's in a very obvious pattern*
"Dude, that's not nice"
"Stop shooting"
"How the **** do you expect me to win if you keep dealing damage to me?!"
-

"only noobs play with high tier characters"
"Marth sucks. He's slow and his sword doesn't reach as long as I thought it would."
"This blows. Jigglypuff can't recover worth **** cause of her god ****ed singing."

-
*halfway though the match, he's at 1 stock, I'm at four*
"No fair, I wasn't ready"

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
ok... this is a long one.

This guy named "Tim" (bob is used too much) calls me cheap because I main samus and second kirby.
we play during lunch at school and there are almost always 4 people playing. we usually end up going after each other because most of the other people that play are horrible (there are 3 other good people tho). one time he chose samus (he is pretty good at every character) we end up fighting on the right side of FD while the noobs fight on the left. I get knocked off and I grapple the edge and hang on, I jump up and shoot a missle and get on. he tries to dair me and I sidestep and dsmash and kill him. he jumps up and starts yelling things like YOU ARE SO CHEAP! YOU USE GLITCHES (by that he means I SWD, but I do not get it most of the time) AND YOU ONLY PLAY AS SAMUS!!, which I respond with "and kirby." he becomse quiet again and appearantly started watcing my controller. he then starts yelling about how the only reason I beat him is that I used the C stick. he yells about how I have no skill because I use it, and that if I did not ever use the C stick, I would lose all the time. He also says that if something cannot be used in the main game, it should not be used in multiplayer, and that his friends thinks that the C stick is so cheap, he accually broke all the C sticks on all of his GC controllers. I have beaten him in 1v1's about 4 out of the 6 times we have played, and every time he convinces everybody in the room that samus is a cheap character, that my controllers are broken (nobody else has any problems and he says that since my controllers are borken, I have never beaten him ligitamatly(sp?)), and that I should never be allowed to play as samus again (I usually laugh and mention that it is my GC, but then he starts up on how he is good with every character, which he is)
what should I say/do?

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
before I start I main as Bowser and this happened at a weekly friendly tourney at my house.

"your edgecamping style is cheap because it doesn't allow me to get back on the stage"

wtf does that suppose to mean?

Razed

Smash Ace
ok... this is a long one.

This guy named "Tim" (bob is used too much) calls me cheap because I main samus and second kirby.
we play during lunch at school and there are almost always 4 people playing. we usually end up going after each other because most of the other people that play are horrible (there are 3 other good people tho). one time he chose samus (he is pretty good at every character) we end up fighting on the right side of FD while the noobs fight on the left. I get knocked off and I grapple the edge and hang on, I jump up and shoot a missle and get on. he tries to dair me and I sidestep and dsmash and kill him. he jumps up and starts yelling things like YOU ARE SO CHEAP! YOU USE GLITCHES (by that he means I SWD, but I do not get it most of the time) AND YOU ONLY PLAY AS SAMUS!!, which I respond with "and kirby." he becomse quiet again and appearantly started watcing my controller. he then starts yelling about how the only reason I beat him is that I used the C stick. he yells about how I have no skill because I use it, and that if I did not ever use the C stick, I would lose all the time. He also says that if something cannot be used in the main game, it should not be used in multiplayer, and that his friends thinks that the C stick is so cheap, he accually broke all the C sticks on all of his GC controllers. I have beaten him in 1v1's about 4 out of the 6 times we have played, and every time he convinces everybody in the room that samus is a cheap character, that my controllers are broken (nobody else has any problems and he says that since my controllers are borken, I have never beaten him ligitamatly(sp?)), and that I should never be allowed to play as samus again (I usually laugh and mention that it is my GC, but then he starts up on how he is good with every character, which he is)
what should I say/do?
Show him the tiers, show him that samus isn't even high tier. Tell him that there is not one pro in the world (cept isai) who doesn't use the Cstick, and if he doesn't believe you, post a topic asking for confirmations and show it to him. Tell him he's a complete scrub. Show him this post.

KazeOfTheWind

Smash Rookie
Wow, This topic actually exists ^_^. Time to start writing these down. So farI only remember the following.

"Ugh, The smell of pasta confused me." (Tourney at his house)

"Grabbing the edge to not let me back on is a nooby stradegy"

"My controller's not responding."

"Im not the right color."

"Stop grabbing me, It's all you ever do." (At the end of that match, only 11 throws, not even chained ^_^)

darth _marth

Smash Rookie
"I thought I was Young Link"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lol

I have some more: "What! I pressed B + up, my controller is not working *gets a new controller* I can't use this one, it isn't big enough, since you have weak hands, you can use teh smaller one!!!"

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well, this isn't really an excuse for a lose, but it's more of an excuse not to play.
I was playing a fellow friend at school and there's this guy who thinks he's hot stuff and who's been talking smack about me for the longest time, saying stuff like how he didn't need to L-Cancel or Wavedash or SHFFL to win and he can beat level 9 ganondorf's and what not *scoff* "Big Accomplishment" i said. So while i was playing smash with my friend with this guy viewing the match from behind, i can hear his say this to his friend: "Pfft, I could so beat this kid if he wasn't gay and wavedashed." Then i asked him if he would play me. He told me that smash was too repetitive and wavedashing was too gay and he would rather play Time Splinters. I lol'd
=]

mario-man

Smash Lord
I have actually used this one. (come on, if your sister who is 4 years younger and stinks at this game beat you, you would too.) "I only lost because of the computer players. When there is that many people playing, unless someone is just completely outright better, then it can neutralize the playing field."

Pretty Lame!!!! But, it is true to a degree.

Corigames

Smash Hero
^ absolutely sad :(

My 10 year old sister can play ok now. I showed her falco and what the C-Stick can do.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
"I can't play when I'm bored"

"I was off"

"I'm too tired to play"

"My *** hurts"

"This controller is sweaty"

"You try too hard"

"I was praticing fast-falling off the edge"

"Stop crouch-canceling, you darn sponge!"

"Edge-hogging is for ******* who aren't good enough to actually hit me off the stage completely!"

"I just started playing, so don't get all happy and stuff, because I still could've beaten you."

"You got lucky, because if their wasn't platforms, you would've lost"

"This television is too small"

"My controller lags."

"I was analyzing you"

"That's because you have fast fingers!"

Pit 42

Smash Lord
"I just commited suicide, that's all!"

"That was practice. It doesn't count."

"I was just screwing around that time."

These all come from the same person, by the way.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, this isn't really an excuse for a lose, but it's more of an excuse not to play.
I was playing a fellow friend at school and there's this guy who thinks he's hot stuff and who's been talking smack about me for the longest time, saying stuff like how he didn't need to L-Cancel or Wavedash or SHFFL to win and he can beat level 9 ganondorf's and what not *scoff* "Big Accomplishment" i said. So while i was playing smash with my friend with this guy viewing the match from behind, i can hear his say this to his friend: "Pfft, I could so beat this kid if he wasn't gay and wavedashed." Then i asked him if he would play me. He told me that smash was too repetitive and wavedashing was too gay and he would rather play Time Splinters. I lol'd
=]
It's Time Splitters.

"I was off"

"I'm too tired to play"

"My *** hurts"

"This controller is sweaty"
Those actually do throw off people's games. Try playing when your *** is throbing because you are sitting in a bad chair. Also try playing with a sweaty controller someone else just used [the sweat always cools down before you get to play so it's not a pleasant feeling] it just don't feel right.

A controller is like an underwear, you need a fresh clean one [or yours] to feel complete, not somebody elses.

tagmastersheik

Smash Rookie
"...no wait stop! i was on the phone!!"

although this was true.. he coulda at least paused and talked on the phone if he didnt want me to kill him...
no excuse if he continues to attack me:grin:

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
"the game is agianst me!! you see that ship kill me!??!?"

"i pushed ^B not >B!!!!"

"my controller is screwed *takes mine* this ones screwed too!! im cursed!!"

all from the same person, in the same match:laugh:

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
i didn't read the whole list of johns, but one of them should be "the game never gives me my second jump" because 2 out of every 5 deaths in my crew are because they ****ed over their own recovery by thinking they had one, and they always say "WTF? i lost my second jump!"

Mechab

Smash Rookie
Then that's proof that he always depends on the level for KO's XP

The worst one I've probably heard is..

"Dang, you smell bad. I can't concentrate while smelling you!"
There are three points to make here

1.This is after i took a shower
2.Why was he smelling me in the first place?
3.He smelled like a dead cow, so he was in no position to talk.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
"I have to be in the mood for this game to play it at my best.."

Yet, he was the one who called me that day and was like, "Hey man, I'm coming over because I want to hit up some smash bros. today."

Top Bottom