• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is cheap, etc ranting for a good 5 mins. After I beat my friends falco, shiek, zelda, luigi, jigglypuff, and ganondorf. Then proceeded to say "I'm gonna reset my game and not unlock jigglypuff, everytime I have to fight her I'm just gonna lose." I play at his place most off the time.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
"you`ve got AR in your controller"
or
"at home i`m better, your TV sucks.. at home i can do combos like ken"
or, from my brother

"stop using Downsmash (shiek)"
which changed to
"stop using needles"
then to
"stop edguarding my with the chain"
then
"all you do is those lame tilt fair stuff"
right now its at
"stop grabing me all the time its unfair"

Joner

Smash Cadet
^ I get that a lot, especially the grabbing part.
But I just ignore that untill the person learns he should try to grab, too :D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
One time playing as fox against a friend of mine who hasn't played much:

Me using fox, i had just finished SHDL him to like two hundred percent and just kept wavedashing...

Him: Using Bowser, and is not Gimpy.. enough said about that

Him: "It's not fair that just because i use a stronger character you have to cheat and use turbo on your character"

Still not quite sure what he was accusing me of

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
"im tired, and i got the crappy controler.... god ur so lucky........"
i get that all the time... idk i think it goes that way untill he wins then its...
"god i OWNED you, you didnt stand a chance!!!..". he usually says that when i miss a smash missle with samus... he uses shiek... he is soposed to beat me but he cant hang.....

phantasm42

Smash Rookie
How about this one. I'm playing as fox and my brother is playing as marth. He's kinda hangin back on the edge of FD and waiting for me to attack. He wants me to come close so he can use the fire flower. I, on the other hand have a fan in my hands.I throw the fan right at him and he goes flying. He grumbles "UR Suposed to use items, not throw them".

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
I think ive seen this once already, But here goes.

´´ I only lost because I was sandbagging``
ME: Really ? So was I.

Or once i let them win `` I had to stop sandbagging you ``
Me: Oh i just started .

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
My smash partner makes so many excuses. Here's my fav.

"Wow, your playing way too serious. This isn't a tournament, I'm just having fun while your fighting for your life"

I hate that ****.

E3E_IceClimbers

Smash Apprentice
or the common, dude your using two guys. That's why you win. pick someone other than ice climbers. then pick young link and win, then they say i don't wanna play this stupid game any more haha

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I just finished playing some matches with my friend (which I used to have respect for). His complaints were:
"Stop shielding!"
"Use someone besides Fox!"

After that I constantly shine spiked him to piss him off (he's attempting to learn Marth).

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
Well, once my friend and I were out skating on some ice for awhile. We came back in and he kept using the excuse, "My limbs are frozen!!"

Chan Man

Smash Rookie
During a 1 - on - 1 friendly:

My friend (Sheik player) is trying to get back after my tipper, so he turns into to zelda to try to save himself, but instead of UpB, he uses side B. So he gets pretty pissed off restarts and says "Let me try out this controller in traning mode". so i do let him try and as usual the controller is really fine nothings wrong. Then we go at it again. He's about to die, and restarts the game, then says "I knew this controller was messed up, gimme another controller" I let him use my best controller. We have another match, and if you guessed that he restarted, then you're right. His excuse "This controller isn't fast enough, I'm going home to play my gamecube" I sat there thinking "What the h*ll?"

But it was funny, my other friends were there as well.

All of your stories are great, SWF! :D

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say:

"You were comboing me to fast! I couldn't do ANYTHING!"

Then again, you really can't do anything against wavedrillshining...

Andross

Smash Rookie
"I have a hangover."

One of my friends used that excuse. He did have a hangover, but I'm ignoring that fact.

Cryb

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I have a few.

My friend Cory: "You cheated! You put in a code! I saw it! X Y Over B A!"

David: "Today just isn't a good day for melee."

Dan: "Wow. You need a life. Look, I'm going to go run to the store and buy you a pack of lives. Free of charge."

David: "Yeah...you wore my lucky color."

Kuro soshi13

Smash Rookie
"dude stop edge guarding!"

"omg let me touch the ground!"

"wtf!? i pushed upB and i went the wrong way!"

"this controller sux, i cant dodge"

"that rest attack is total bs, its not possible to beat Jigglypuff with that gay-*** over B atk"

all those were from the same guy that lives down the hall in my dorm, no one likes him...i wonder why?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
L-Cancel only works for player 1.... yep i just heard that this morning before i went to school... nothing like smash to get the mind going :)

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
This is exactly what my friend has said:
"Peach is rigged, dude."
"Sigh, she has the most rigged Down + A move."
"Why the heck do I have 80% damage already?"
"I am holding down!"

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
yo oblivion im gona get really good really soon hope ur still improving >8)
Heh, I thought we bump into each other again. I just picked up on marth and falco. My falco could use work, but my marth is on the fast track to domination. And yea im still Improving and getting better. Im going to HOST2 I plan on doing pretty well atleast making top 25.

If I get some matches recored ill shoot em too you, a step to becoming renown.;)

Oh and dont lag in your training, Otherwise you wont be able to keep up with me. You saw the sasuke vs garra match. The new found speed sasuke gain is alot similare to my gain in training, No chidori yet though.;)

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
"Yoshi's Egg Roll is sooo cheap."
"You can't dodge that ground pound attack!"
"Yoshi is by far the cheapest character in the game..."

All quotes from my cousin.

Top Bottom