• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Justin

Smash Apprentice
"I would've won if I would've f-smashed you with my Popo, but since he is so small..he gets KOed easily."

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Don't have any specifics, but I do get a lot of ones on the roll edgehogging trick, and a LOT blaming on "momentum" and the begining..

KazeOfTheWind

Smash Rookie
"Spiking is cheap. (right after that kill, he spiked me)"

"All you did was spam your FSmash (after the round, I tried to show the statistics, but he kept trying to hit my start button to hide it. It listed 4 Smashes total.)"

Him: The only reason I lost to you is because those people at the school break my controller(we play ssbm at school).

Me: Nobody there uses your controller, you dont allow them to.

Him: Shut up, you weren't even there when they broke it, so how would you know.

Me: Im the only one who brings the GameCube.

and the funniest one of all that happened earlier today....

We were playing a 1 on 1 and when I beat him, he blurted out "You stalked me!" then he stopped and realized what he had said, then I told him, "Yeah, I know I stalked you. You're the only opponent on the field." XD

Note: All of the ones I have listed so far came from the same guy.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hmm I've never played against a John before. So I can't recall anyone ive played against trying to justify losing. If they did I wouldn't smash with them due to their bad attitude.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
"Chaingrabbing requires no skill" - A n00b from my school when i kept on chaingrabbing his fox and falcon.

"The lower level inside Corneia is a glitch area" - Same guy. I was Marth and he was fox and i kept on grabbing him, fthrowing him, rolling back, dashdancing and regrabbing him and repeating this process.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
"My butt itched so I had to play one-handed for a sec and you took advantage of that."

Giggidax

Smash Ace
johns johns johns, they are all so very stupid.

"i killed myself.. twice!!!" i know that SD's are kind of an excuse but thats his fault for trying to counterpick my link with fox lol. (tried to do fox dittos) *friend chooses marth* (goes back to link vs marth) *friend chooses fox vs link* me = wtf?!
^ that was at some local tourny

"why do u wavedash its so pointless and its cheap" wtf? it its pointless then how can it be cheap. and i dont see wavedodging Fsmash pointless.

"u must play this game like everyday huh?" well yea i do.. but its not like i have human opponents to play against the majority of the time.

my occasional john i like to use is "dude i went blind for a little during that match! couldnt see!" stupid.. i know

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
johns johns johns, they are all so very stupid.

"i killed myself.. twice!!!" i know that SD's are kind of an excuse but thats his fault for trying to counterpick my link with fox lol. (tried to do fox dittos) *friend chooses marth* (goes back to link vs marth) *friend chooses fox vs link* me = wtf?!
^ that was at some local tourny

"why do u wavedash its so pointless and its cheap" wtf? it its pointless then how can it be cheap. and i dont see wavedodging Fsmash pointless.

"u must play this game like everyday huh?" well yea i do.. but its not like i have human opponents to play against the majority of the time.

my occasional john i like to use is "dude i went blind for a little during that match! couldnt see!" stupid.. i know
Man, I would never give you any of that nonsense, its ridiculous. Bad attitudes equates to bad smashers :ohwell:

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Man, I would never give you any of that nonsense, its ridiculous. Bad attitudes equates to bad smashers :ohwell:
haha yea! i have more fun playing smashers who know their skill, dont brag too much but its always fun to bragg :laugh: :laugh: and dont make up ridiculous excuses for losing. but u know i can put up with it mhmm

Dylan_tnga ftw

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol Dylan go back 2 or 3 pages, 4 if you don't see the link the gamefaqs.com, there's a thread with the noobiest guy ever [unless he's joking], it was so funny.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah noobs are funny some item preacher pm'd me for my post who thinks like if he has items on he will save the universe and win millions of dollars to buy ponies, so I told him I would pray to the gods of smash for his salvation.. Not that I'm religious Im being entirely sarcastic.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
My friend got from some kid- "You didn't let me attack!"

And I got from my friend during an item match- "****ing Porygon! Every kill was Porygon!"
(though i must say, if item are on he dies of porygon like once a match)

Bro- "Stop throwing me!"
Me- "Stop being grabbed!"

Me when I first realized that Link can just stand there and his shield will stop a projectile. I kept testing it then my friend (using samus) fired his full blast shot. Smoked me in the foot and I died. - "Dude! That's not fair! You're not supposed to hit my foot!"

I don't count sweaty hands as a john... well not always. I know whenever somebody dies between me and my buddy we both immediately wipe the sweat off our hands.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Some dude said: "I lost because you hit me in a dead angle and I couldn't react"

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
"Every kill you got was from edge guarding because you can't kill me any other way!"
"I'd like to see you play just once without that stupid shield button!"
"You have an advantage because you keep switching characters so I can't get used to your style. That's the only reason you win."

I do respect one John however. "My hands were cold." Playing Melee after walking to your friend's house through cold weather and losing because of cold hands is legitimate. It's a ***** to make ur fingers move when they're cold; and dash dancing & wavedashing? Forget about it.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
"You can't do the same attack in a row that's cheap! If you weren't using that move over and over again then I would've won!"

I had someone say something like that once.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
"Oh em gee, fox is cruise control for easy, I could pick him up and win, you try marth."
*We trade controllers*
*I procede to ken combo him for the 3 stock advantage I already had..

"**** c-stick"

lol

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Worst john ever brought to you by DSF: "I had the wrong controller slot"

This was his excuse for getting rested by Mango when they stayed at my house, lol.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
"I'm at a disadvantage when I'm Fox with items off. He needs items, he's an item user/character."

@__@

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I'm not exactly sure you'd call this an excuse for losing, but one time, some friends and I had a Smash gathering, and this one kid came who just drives us all nuts, mainly because he is WAYYYYYY too arrogent about his skills. Anyways, his older brother, who is an amazing player, beat me with a Pink Yoshi, and I beat the kid I spoke of before. Since he is an extremly poor sport, he felt the need to tell me for weeks on end that at least he wasn't beaten by a pink yoshi.

No, better yet, he was beaten by someone who was beaten by a Pink Yoshi. ^_^

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Instead of thinking of what my opponents John, I'll try to think of ones I use.

My only John is one word: "Battlefield."

You know, when you're supposed to grab the edge, but you mysteriously scrape right past it, and then you up B, only to get trapped under the lip :crying:

**** you, Battlefield. **** you :laugh:

Superstar

Smash Champion
^^ That john should only work for one match, after that the person should have gotten accustomed.

I remember when my controller stunk. It would keep moving on its own. I would reset with X+Y+Start for 3 sec, but one flick of the stick and it would UNreset itself, to a major degree, making some attacks impossible. I had no money for a controller, so I would keep asking for the good one.

There was this person next door, who was losing and complained that it was his controllers fault. We traded controllers, it was kinda funny, after that he wanted to trade back because he said that my controller was worse. Even when he had my brother's controller, the good on, he said it was still the controller's fault.

Recently, for Christmas, after 2 years of suffering, I finally got 2 good brand new GameCube controllers, and they handle like a dream. That was also around the time I started learning the techs. :D

Shinki

Smash Cadet
"w/e, I wasn't trying." as my friends say after wiping their hands of sweat on their jeans. We're pretty equal but they all use my most hated characters, Sheik and Marth. I use link so fighting those two are a pain in the ***, but I manage to win half the time.

I just dun like the fact that I admit defeat but they think I win by flukes -.-.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
I get grave, almost shocking insults from my friend every time I combo or chain grab him.

Like to the extent where you think I just killed his mom or something

"YOU'RE A ****ING ****** I ****ING HATE YOU YOU ****ING *******"

and any time his sheik loses
"You only won because *insert character name* is the anti sheik."

Shinki

Smash Cadet
I get grave, almost shocking insults from my friend every time I combo or chain grab him.

Like to the extent where you think I just killed his mom or something

"YOU'RE A ****ING ****** I ****ING HATE YOU YOU ****ING *******"

and any time his sheik loses
"You only won because *insert character name* is the anti sheik."
IS there an anti-sheik? >_>

Top Bottom