• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Chibo, seeing as you lost to MOTHER ****ING APPLE JELLY I don't think you actually have the right to ****-talk anybody in FL. You lost to somebody who consistently gets near last in a weaker region of FL compared to SFL.

Shut your mouth, and thank god you are out of the title.

Also, anybody wanna sidebet on me vs Texas MMs? I'll go up to 20 (on anybody but Illmatic). Nick Riddle says the same, but with Gnes as the exception.
I lol'd so hard at this. no offense jelly :p. I got 9th last tournament. I did bad. :( but trying to get back into it. but yea esam speaking the truth lol. I have mad respect for TX though so I'm not gonna trash talk them. some of them help me get that wifi practice back in the day lol. but yea if you know your garbage. don't call another state weak when you got wrecked by the them. especially north FL (excluding ryo) those guys rarely play. so travel players shouldnt lose to them.

:phone:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm up for seeing a Gauntlet on livestream. Who'd be willing to do the gauntlet? I nominate Zeton. Any other takers? I'll nominate you too.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
DMG, we still play Mario Party. You should still be happy for us, and let us finish.

Zeton, that's just how it goes. I volunteer you, and you have to accept. *cackles*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG, we still play Mario Party. You should still be happy for us, and let us finish.

Zeton, that's just how it goes. I volunteer you, and you have to accept. *cackles*

Mario Party the only game worth playin

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Another reminder, PLEASE bring full set-ups! Tournament speed is based on set-ups and if you want things to go fast/smooth so that you can do Friendlies and MM matches........help me out by brining full set-ups.

Online reg will end on July 31st and pools will go online by August 1st. If you enter the event offline, you will be thrown into a pool at random. Also, there are steps on the OP on how to register the CORRECT way. If you don't do it the correct way, I will know you by your EMAIL(which will be you name when I put u into pools) and not your gamer tag. If you know you messed up, please go to the 2nd or 3rd post on this thread and PM the guy named "AirBrushKing" telling him that you gave your email and not your tag.

If you need housing, sync is able to do it. PM him. If you don't want to be in a crowded house, there are many other housing options on the OP as well as others who want to share hotel rooms.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Xyro77

Allan you're not gonna be an idiot and do bracket pools right?
:018:

Unlike Alex/Keitaro or any other INFERIOR HUMAN BEINGS/TOs, i realize that bracket pools are a ******** idea unless you have multiple HUNDREDS of people attending your event(aka EVO). WHOBO 4 will have normal pools. Whats normal? Every person in a pool plays 2 matches(not a set) and with every player in that same pool. Tally up wins/losses and boom we have seeds. If there are ties, the two tied players play my green lesbian for the higher seed or they do a tie breaker match between each other for the higher seed.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Xyro for best national TO.

Also, please please PLEASE don't let the commentators see the stream chat. Please.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Unlike Alex/Keitaro or any other INFERIOR HUMAN BEINGS/TOs, i realize that bracket pools are a ******** idea unless you have multiple HUNDREDS of people attending your event(aka EVO). WHOBO 4 will have normal pools. Whats normal? Every person in a pool plays 2 matches(not a set) and with every player in that same pool. Tally up wins/losses and boom we have seeds. If there are ties, the two tied players play my green lesbian for the higher seed or they do a tie breaker match between each other for the higher seed.

i dont understand, whats the point of 2 matches for a pools set? You get to go 1-1 with someone by CPing them and they don't get to CP you back.

Xyro77

Xyro for best national TO.

Also, please please PLEASE don't let the commentators see the stream chat. Please.
If it were up to me(it never is, sadly) there would be no chat on a stream. Its filled with spam/annoyance/incorrect views or incorrect analysis of the game and its players. its poop that ive wanted to flush for a long time. WHOBO 4 stream is up to chibo so w/e he wants is whats gonna happen.

Xyro77

i dont understand, whats the point of 2 matches for a pools set? You get to go 1-1 with someone by CPing them and they don't get to CP you back.
i cant believe i have to explain this.

Me vs you in a pool match. our first match is at a random LEGAL stage(unless we just agree to SV like 99% of the smashers do). i win. you then can CP a stage. but guess what, i can CP a character. it balances itself out. did you forget the most important point of smash?

if you dont like that, i can always make it to where both matches will be at random LEGAL stages.

choose.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Even without MK, it hardly seems fair to give that advantage to the CPing player. Once you tally up the pools wins, you are going to give game 2 the same weight as game 1 when determining who gets out of pools.

It hardly balances itself out when the winner of game 1 doesn't get his chance to CP (in the event he loses game 2).

Why can't you just do normal sets if setups allow?

Top Bottom