• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Unlike Alex/Keitaro or any other INFERIOR HUMAN BEINGS/TOs, i realize that bracket pools are a ******** idea unless you have multiple HUNDREDS of people attending your event(aka EVO). WHOBO 4 will have normal pools. Whats normal? Every person in a pool plays 2 matches(not a set) and with every player in that same pool. Tally up wins/losses and boom we have seeds. If there are ties, the two tied players play my green lesbian for the higher seed or they do a tie breaker match between each other for the higher seed.

My hero. Rc legal, mk banned, reg pools, no :gw: or :toonlink: in MT. This tourney gonna be gooooood.

Anyway someone could get Kalo and bring him? I wanna meet Kalo lol.

Edit: we aren't doing sets in pools? That's odd lol. Oh well, 1st seed baby.

:018:

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Even without MK, it hardly seems fair to give that advantage to the CPing player. Once you tally up the pools wins, you are going to give game 2 the same weight as game 1 when determining who gets out of pools.

It hardly balances itself out when the winner of game 1 doesn't get his chance to CP (in the event he loses game 2).
If you get CPed to a stage u dislike, CP that with a different character. this balances out the "disadvantage" you think you have. its simple.

Why can't you just do normal sets if setups allow?
The point of pools is to thin out the herd while giving people the chance to play multiple people while doing things as fast as possible.

2 matches does this.

edit: kalo has 100% dropped brawl. there is a 1% chance he will go to whobo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you are doing 2 game pools, you shouldn't have stage selection just have it random from the starters. If you do 2/3 sets then obv you'd have regular cping etc. Even if the stage list is heavily neutered, you probably shouldn't have stage cping going on for the 2 game system. I like pools not having a focus on cping, and 2 game pools would run faster, but full set pools would also give greater precision and are definitely preferred if you're going to have stage cping going on. 2 games no cping or full set imo.

Xyro77

If you are doing 2 game pools, you shouldn't have stage selection just have it random from the starters. If you do 2/3 sets then obv you'd have regular cping etc. Even if the stage list is heavily neutered, you probably shouldn't have stage cping going on for the 2 game system. I like pools not having a focus on cping, and 2 game pools would run faster, but full set pools would also give greater precision and are definitely preferred if you're going to have stage cping going on. 2 games no cping or full set imo.
i am not doing sets. period.

both matches will be done on random legal stages.

Tesh

Smash Hero
you mean strike right? Just do character CPing with stage striking both games. random "neutrals" would be ********

Xyro77

you mean strike right? Just do character CPing with stage striking both games. random "neutrals" would be ********
If you dont like it. dont go.

ill announce what im gonna do when the event starts

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
First two matches should be BF or SV.
Loser gets to choose which one the second game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Or strike from the SEVEN starters. No reason not to let players strike, its way more fair than giving certain players a better stage for no reason. Thats JUST as bad as allowing only 1 player to get a CP.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Or strike from the SEVEN starters. No reason not to let players strike, its way more fair than giving certain players a better stage for no reason. Thats JUST as bad as allowing only 1 player to get a CP.
You say that, but...VVV
First two matches should be BF or SV.
Loser gets to choose which one the second game.
This is what will happen.

Xyro77

No. ill do what i want and if u dont like it....dont go.

ill let you know what ill do on the day of.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You say that, but...VVV

This is what will happen.

Thats as dumb as not allowing a character switch after game 1 because most people won't bother using another character after they lose. The rules should be fair and if players want to go to those 2 stages, the rules won't stop them. This isn't Japan, let Unity V3 shine with its diverse starter list.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Let's try not to make a big hissy fit over it. This is Xyro's tournament, not yours. If you don't like the way things are ran, then run your own tournament, like I have many years ago.

Xyro77

i was doing 7 stages with one stage left after striking but yea this v v v v v v v v v v v

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think you mean 8 stage list*
Since you need to strike down to 2 stages instead of 1 lol

7 stages - 6 strikes is 1 stage
8 stages - 6 strikes is 2 stages

Xyro77

I havnt really decided what I want to do yet but I'll let everyone know the day of LMAO.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I trust Xyro and his decision.

WHOBO's getting close, guys! Looking forward to running my Big Thunder through you noobs!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I need a partner, preferrably one who watched mekos doubles vids

-asa

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Xyro.... the more you post your ideas.. the more I cant tell if your onto something solid or ur an idiot... regardless its your tourney & I guess... IDK Ur the pro @ this.

:sonic:

z00ted

Xyro.... the more you post your ideas.. the more I cant tell if your onto something solid or ur an idiot... regardless its your tourney & I guess... IDK Ur the pro @ this.
C'mon, at least use proper grammar if you're going to be saying **** like this..

Xyro77

:sonic:
That's my secret, captain. I am never on to anything yet ALWAYS on to something.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wooper is ****ing scary.

Oh, btw, I'm winning this. Illmatic can't stop me!

If we don't meet up in bracket, bro, 20$ MM me, *****.

z00ted

unless its a big MM or something, no one cares cause we have accepted you suck.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Atomsk needs to let me know his bus prices. Still might come.

Allan you're not gonna be an idiot and do bracket pools right?

Try it before you knock it. Had nearly no complaints about bracket pools plus there was a lot of hype from it. I probably shouldn't be responding to people who never experienced it anyway.

Narugi

Smash Rookie
Yo, I'm a player from Hawaii wondering if anyone in Texas can house me. I promise not to kill you. Seriously. But yeah, I'm definitely going to WHOBO and I would like know if I should factor in the cost of a hotel or not. I should mention that my brother and another player from Hawaii are unconfirmed for going at the moment but if they go I'm asking for them as well. Appreciate any replys, can't wait.

tl;dr
Can someone in Texas house 3 Hawaii players, AnD, Brigade, and Kennypu?

Xyro77

Yo, I'm a player from Hawaii wondering if anyone in Texas can house me. I promise not to kill you. Seriously. But yeah, I'm definitely going to WHOBO and I would like know if I should factor in the cost of a hotel or not. I should mention that my brother and another player from Hawaii are unconfirmed for going at the moment but if they go I'm asking for them as well. Appreciate any replys, can't wait.

tl;dr
Can someone in Texas house 3 Hawaii players, AnD, Brigade, and Kennypu?
Sync can House you. PM him. he made a post a few pages ago.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I know, hopefully you play as well as you did at SKTAR. That way you can almost beat me, thinking you actually have a chance.

On the real though, your Snake was playing AMAZINGLY well. I don't actually know why I didn't go a different stage against you that would've been MUCH better. You were playing super well and I need to play Razer again to see who is better. You make the MU look like a -1 and not -2.

Top Bottom