• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 3: 185 Ledge grabs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tourney was pretty fun, even if i didnt get out of pools. Oh well. Kinda wish i did more hanging out saturday night, but I thought everyone went back to the hotel so I did too. Now lemme hone my inner kid-goggles and do some epicly long shoutouts...

First shoutouts are for the bracket:

1: Ally - GG on the tourney win. You play marth? Do you even know what marth's moves actually do?
2: Razer - You played...ridiculously amazing all weekend. You had everybody on hard reads all day. Cliff notes, audiobooks, made for TV movies, you had it all
3: Dojo
4: ADHD - you're a **** son lol. How dare you take food from my plate, smell it, ask what it is, THEN put it back! good job reppin Diddy either way
5: Vinnie - manliest GW. Some of those combos you pulled were just ridiculous. Im repicking up GW just cause of you
5: Atomsk - You'll be back...they all are. Props for getting priorities straight though, and getting life back together before coming back.
7: Shugo - ...black people
7: Will - my monkey brother. GGs in the tourney, and in the few friendlies we had. Better do work with dfear at CoT5 cause you and me are going to cause a massacre at Apex :awesome:
9: Inui - Do you know whats going on with your 9th place? good job
9: Logic - Stop asking me to MM lol. you do it every national and every one i say no
9: Tyrant - Hands down best in-person troll in the community
9: Trela - Ive never watched your lucario much...but god damn it was doing some sick ****. It was on that And 1 combo status
13: Mvd - lol i just noticed you were the highest placing FL along with Lade. Good stuff this weekend. Im starting to think you plan all this crazy stuff too...(SH upair against ESAM? really brah? really?)
13: Smoom
13: RedHalberd - RedBlackberd! commentary was too legit Lade. I wish i was there for the umad hallway. You did mad work though, beating seibrik and gnes. Even though you beat my fellow diddy brother i aint even mad. I also take full credit for you winning :troll:
13: Illmatic - Yep, you really are the best peach. You were doing some really nice things in your matches. I approve
17: Esam - Even when you do bad, you do bad flashier than anyone else in FL. Why you gotta be the bess at everything :(
17: Domo
17: Poltergust - You're not ready for my wario/gw yet :awesome: good job in the bracket though for reals
17: Mr. Doom - so good! Sorry i had to pause to shake your hand game 1, after i realized you made that SDI video. I honestly didnt think it was real brawl until our set when you SDI my upsmash and teleported.
17: Gnes - Its ok keith #2, you'll get them next time. And you sound EXACTLY like mampam, except 25% as loud
17: Espy - Commentary with you was sooooooo much fun. WE def. gotta take over a tourney stream and do it again
17: RichBrown - Sorry you had to be on the *** end of a gay rule
17: Zeton - I dunno what happened but someone put in melee during your matches. Brawl fox cant be doing that kind of stuff...
25: Hylian
25: Silly Kyle
25: Holms
25: Zori
25: Seibrik - Sorry you had such a ****ty time at the actual tourney. Hope the car trip made up for some of it
25: Infinity - You were right. i instantly recognized you everytime i saw you after i met you lol.
25: Dphat
25: Esca
33: SkyPirate
33: Jerm - Yea...you were asleep for awhile lol
33: Noid - Sick samus. I suprisingly enjoyed watching your MM with xyro.
33: Nicole - Good job in dubs with will.i.am
33: Ripple
33: Kurado
33: Dakpo - i saw you infinite gnes in friendlies...it made me very sad
33: FlipHop - Curse you! legit set in pools to see who got 3rd. Masterful fair gimp on game 3 too..I tried to bring it back. AT least i got you back to 1 stock but it wasnt enough. And now you quit so i cant get revenge? Oh well, good luck man. DIDDY KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
33: Xaltis - Da bess meme generator in the history of ever
33: Chaz - Da bess driver in the history of ever
33: Coney - You sir, are fantastical to hang out with. That wario you got there is pretty legit. I didnt even know you played wario honestly, but at this point i should assume all D3 mains secondary wario (co18, hungrybox, you, etc.)
33: Teh Future
33: Ozz
33: Fogo - Yea we look nothing alike my boy was crazy. You seem pretty chill though. Grats for making it out of the ridic pools
33: Nike - I heard you had a hype match with Raz for a bracket spot...too bad i couldnt see it
33: Dmg

Secondly, we have my pool in particular:
Mr. Doom - see above
Coney - see above
Fliphop - see above
GDX - you scrub. Do better in singles! dont get gimped! stop being impatient! lrn2campallmatchupsandnotjust3
KRD - I could've sworn you played sonic...but whatever. GGs (and my name is GDX! you misspelled my name. Its bad enough as it is :urg: )
Paw - Im glad i played you in friendlies on saturday after the pool was over. You have a pretty legit ZSS, but you just need some diddy practice.
ChaosGriffin - ggs man. You had some nice DI in our set though. Damn monkey lived to like 200% every stock :glare:
BSL - ggs sir. You'll get them next time

Third, we have my car from florida
Chaz - Thanks for driving soooooooooo long, like the manly man you are. A van too? vans are just boring to drive. Hope you get that ticket cleared up with as little financial backlash as possible

Christine - Thanks for coming and keeping the manly driver busy. And also being the decider of fate when it came to dokapon kingdom.

Dfear - DIDDY KOOOOOOOOOONG. I can tell you got better after this tourney too, even though you didnt make it out of pools. Alot of good players didnt so dont feel too bad. You're gonna start wrecking though. Better come to UCF :awesome: My goal is to make you better than me so I can quit in peace

Xaltis - Saver of the car trip with the laptop. That thing really did come through in the clutch. SNES, movies, charging my phone...it did it all. Reminds me that i need to get a laptop

Seibrik - Again, sorry brah of your ****ty time on Saturday. The trip was hype though. Hope you find a decent teammate until August, although you're bad in teams :troll:

Afro - Another pivotal part of the road trip being as awesome as it was. We need to team once eventually...maybe after you finish your new break (cause people never actually quit). Plus, you better come to UCF too with benny :awesome:
oh, and enter singles scrub

Fourth, we have people who arent in the first 3 groups

shadow1pj - lol dont worry about your terrible performance in teams :troll: . nah seriously its ok

Trump - so glad you could make it to the tourney. Legitly trying to hide under our bags when we passed the cops. And for making the funniest team ever with xaltis. Even flew the ship to and from the tourney

Xyro - for hosting the tourney, of course. And for being part of that entertaining samus ditto MM. At first when i heard it was gonna be on the stream i was like :urg: but then it happened and i was like :awesome:

Razmaki - Cool meeting you. It seems that all the peach players know of me for some reason...I wonder what kyon has been saying

Kprime - such a good pikachu man...Your matches were pretty entertaining in singles pools

Fuujin - your zelda is so legit! imma definitely tell Ed i played you. Teleport games are scary

VGbootcamp - For letting me commentate the marathon Saturday. It was just too much fun and i didnt want to get up. You guys gotta let me do it again sometime. I also had to reset the stream like 15 times cause of the booty internet connection. But i found a way to do it without reopening ustream launcher pro OR having to ask for a password, cause im a technological wizard like xyro :laugh:

Timmy Chan Restauraunt - for saving me financially the entire weekend. This place was so cheap, and yet had more food than any other place. I dont understand, but it saved me mad amounts of money. Plus it was all good (even when i went SUPER black and got the chicken and waffles Saturday morning)

Random FL cop - for lowering the price of the speeding ticket he gave Chaz

White people in horror movies - for being so dumb in all decisions to ensure your demise in very entertaining ways. At least it gave me a new song "This is why im white, this i why im white, this is why...this is why...this is why im white" Make sure to sing it during every horror movie a white person is doing something dumb kids
Example: we were watching LAnd of the Dead, and this one kid at night breaks open an abandoned shed door. He then sits down at the entrance with his back to the shed (while not even inspecting said shed), smoking a cigarette, while listening to music on his headphones. He THEN proceedes to ride a skateboard further into the shed when he finally decides to inspect. Needless to say, he got owned.

That black guy with glasses who plays wolf that i played in friendlies - the fact that your wolf not only recovers, but has recovery tricks, aside from edge scarring...honestly blew my mind lol.

The prostitute outside the hotel - for winning a 10:90 matchup against buff drunk guy who wanted his money, by calling upon the cops that happened to be outside the venue at the time

Texas - for not screwing me over like last time. I think we are on good terms now

The water table in the venue - for giving me shelter while i slept on the ground for like 2 hours Friday. I was so tired...

Slikvik - wasnt there but he sent me sooooooooo many rap artists i need to look up. Imma level up just from the new music ill have soon :laugh:

Anyone else I played in friendlies or dubs - GGs.

Really sorry if i forget anyone that really deserved a shoutout. I'll even go back and edit this post if i remember you later on, in your own section

Fifth, this is for the edits for people who i originally forgot to give a shoutout. But gimme a break my memory is bad sometimes
**So far no one forgotten :laugh:**

Eat a **** Section,

Pools can eat a ****. 1 round of Pools of 8-10 and only top 3 got out? I'd much rather prefer 2 rounds of pools of 6-7 and top 3 get out.

No LGL for non-MK chars can eat a ****. Im not mad at will at all for what he did, but seriously guys, the LGL rule should be in place for all chars. I honestly think 30-35 is enough

Gas prices can eat a ****. I like how gas was the same if not cheaper in literally every state we drove through except florida. bunch of bull****

Parking can eat a ****. Parking was terrible all weekend pretty much. We had to park like 6 blocks down the street and STILL had to pay 20 bucks one day. Might as well just walked from the hotel

Anime Matsuri can eat a ****. Putting us in the room with hardly any AC. Having ****ty wireless internet that kept cutting out/getting too weak (i almost just said **** it and used my phone as internet). And also charging 55 dollars for a door pass for the weekend at the door. I couldnt even find the store :glare:

Raintree Inn can eat a ****. for having what we called "very coarse towels". That, and the worst part, they only had like 3 of them :glare:

Broly's aim can eat a ****. He ran over my foot by accident...that thing is heavy :(

Florida (state) can eat a ****. You're my home, and I love you, but really? why does it take 8 hours of the trip just to get out of you? and why we only get a ticket in FL. Youre also the only state we had to pay tolls...

See whoever else is going again at CoT5. I'll find some diddy mains and make a new troll meme, even better than money back :awesome: I also plan to MM alot at CoT5, both dubs and singles, so that should be hype as well for alot of people wanting free money, since i NEVER money match.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wow, sorry for messing your name up when it's just 3 letters D: I can no longer laugh at people for messing up KRD.

And nah, I can't play Sonic at all. He's one of the few characters I can't use at all. I've been a Wolf main since '09.

:059:

Esca

Smash Champion
I love you so much Broly. Seriously RGV is some of the most sincere and friendly smashers in the entire community.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Nothing bad against Xyro, but I also was not happy with this. I too got 4th seed. A Pit main... Don I think, almost taking 4th seed when he 2-0'ed me.

*Insert Salt here*
See if Pit can be added to that list with MK, Even if he isn't MK himself and I main A terrible character at the name Yoshi. Pit just seems... I don't know I'll just say no matter how good I am, I can almost lose to the most basic Pit cause literally, all he/she has to do with Pit is Shoot arrows, Spotdodge all my moves and either use Fsmash to throw me away and go to the edge to Plank with UAir, Or just go to the opposite side of the stage and continue the arrow spam.
This could just be Me or the character itself, but as Xyro said, after a Doubles friendlie with Two pit mains and losing from the exact tactic I typed up, I decided to ask a random player (Can't remember Who) if they know a way to destroy the annoyance that is known as Pit. Their answer was MK/Snake/Diddy. I was upset at the answer I sorta knew was coming but Oh well...

Alright enough of my nonsense Ranting, i'll post Shoutouts later despite how terrible I did in the tournament itself.

whats up brah! lol XD why you so mad? you got 4th! no need to throw salt man! each character has his?her own attributes to use to his/her advantage. i can bother you with arrows but i cant kill you. you should focus more on what you can do instead of what you cant do. you could have won if you didnt start suiciding on purpose. and in my opinion, you have a solid yoshi. dont go changing your character because you lost to a character that you dont know how to play against. learn the matchup and develope your character. it all comes with practice.

I didnt go over the LGL in any of my sets this past weekend. You guys are focusing way too hard on Pit.

The last person I timed out was Illmatic at Hobo 29, and before that it was Gnes at HOBO 23 last June?
same here for both statements! minus the Gnes part lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
Why would I want to learn how to play against pit?

That involves playing against pit.

Esca

Smash Champion
Would you rather watch the Pit get 0-deathed 3 times by getting chaingrabbed, Turaz?

Also, GDX, nobody ragequits Pit. Good people beat him. Hence the reason I got 25th? Lmao. Or maybe I should've flown under the stage 8 minutes every game and held the tournament up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush, Turaz, and I had a full pool of:

Espy
RedHalberd
Fogo
Slush
Turaz
Don
Wolfwood
Forge

Whoops. Made a mistake. I had 8 in my pool.
8 People? I must've missed someone.

I was in it
If you're Torgo, the one Kirby main I played then okay.

whats up brah! lol XD why you so mad? you got 4th! no need to throw salt man! each character has his?her own attributes to use to his/her advantage. i can bother you with arrows but i cant kill you. you should focus more on what you can do instead of what you cant do. you could have won if you didnt start suiciding on purpose. and in my opinion, you have a solid yoshi. dont go changing your character because you lost to a character that you dont know how to play against. learn the matchup and develope your character. it all comes with practice.
It was sarcasm and not really mad, just agreeing with Xyro and using the examples I used as well.. Examples.
Also I was told to use them by that specific person, but I refuse to use Top Tier Trash (Heh.. TTT)

esca should change his name to Derp

Doesnt Everyone Ragequit Pit?
Yes.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I have Will vs Rich Brown uploading right now, should be on my channel in the next hour.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sodaddicted

I've gotten multiple requests (I'm serious lol) asking that I ask this thread to take any arguments about the match to another thread. Maybe Xyro's video or if Rich Brown makes one somewhere, idc.

Shout-outs in a little bit.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Awal you would come up in here with that ****. Shut the hell up.

Esam lost to peach y
Cuz Illmatic is ****ing GOOD!!! I can't deny that it was hella impressive

It was in losers where most of the matches happened anyways so its blatantly obvious that non-FL ppl put em there.

Props 2 Kuraudo & Espy holdin it down 4 all of the Sonic's!!!
:sonic:

& Esca... Kill yourself or stop talkin 2 me. Please ignore my posts cuz I'll do the same to you from now on. Thanx :)

Thats y RB was angrily finna beat yo *** lol (Waits 4 my infraction :reverse:)

*shrugs*

Guess thats what happens when all of FL goes to loser round 1.....
I can't lie... TX was very astounding at this...

Trela & Ult Razer were just 2 much fun 2 watch.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Texas players as well as NY/NJ players did me proud this tourney. Keep up the good work! Seems you really improved since last summer Illmatic!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
xyro, can we please have pools (names) added so I can give everyone a proper shoutout?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yo if anyone has any replays of me please upload them or send them to 2link/VGbootcamp/ESAM to upload. Gonna get back on my youtube ish.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
INUI's WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Hobo Edition

Also can someone tell me if my set vs ESAM got recorded?

Dakpo can you upload my money matches on your wii?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Florida keeps getting me with that "do you know whats going on". stupid afro says it so serious i get scared something bad happened. i fell for it like 97% of the time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lmfao, the first time i heard it, i was sitting next to xaltis when he asked me. i thought he was talking about the conversation. i just went along with it, and then he started asking people walking by, so i realized it was a joke.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol esca annoying characters dont have to be good.

pit is ******** and i doubt anyone likes playing him looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

also pit is RANDOMBULL****BROKEN hes impossible to stage spike even w/ those 234872934 shuttle loops

rageragerageragarerageargarega

best character in the game

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yo Xyro why you mad son?
:troll:

This tourney was sooo much fun rofl im so happy i didnt enter singles and just enjoyed myself the whole time.

THE RAVE was so ridiculous, and polt showing up at the rave was 2 good if you weren't there you missed it.

POLTERGUST WENT TO A RAVE

To all the peepz i chilled wit
I say to you

Oh ma gawdddd
trololololololol

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lmaoooo i like florida more after this tourney. lol esam idk what i did or said to you but that look on your face was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom