• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 3: 185 Ledge grabs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
13: RedHalberd==WHY YOU MAD BRO!!! LADA!!! WHAT A COOL A$$ ***! freakin awesome guy. Thanks for the matches and hanging out in the room. We for sure need to play if i ever see you again.
Appreciate it bro, you were mad cool to hang out with as well. Sorry for being iffy about playing though I wont have controller johns/regular johns next time lol. Look forward to hangin next time I'm in Texas.

Dude our hotel room was the ****.
This.

I aint even mad tho.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Our room was amazing <3

Made the experience soooo much better, and I really hope it's not the last time I get to do this

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SHOUTOUTS!!

1: Ally :metaknight:/:snake:/:marth: • You were nothing short of amazing at this tournament. It was fun watching your matches when I did. And I'm really sorry I didn't follow up on my MMs with you, or even just playing with you in general. That's my fault and my fault alone. Guess I was a tad starstruck being back in the American scene, and stupidly, didn't want to 'bother' you if you had stuff to do or people to play. ^^; No excuse since I got around to playing some others, so... Well. If I can make it to Genesis 2, I'll make good on my word there for sure. I really want to play you again too. Congrats on all you accomplished! Oh, and question...

... just how hot WERE you wearing all of that stuff at the venue? I don't think I saw you take any of it off once. LOL

2: Razer :snake: • Congrats on how you did, showing how awesome Snake still is. You're one of the people that I asked to play, but you didn't seem much interested... I don't know if it was one of those "not worth your time" things or whatever it was, but I really do wish I coulda had the chance to take you on. Or maybe you were busy taking matches with others or had a game coming up, I'm not so sure. Either way, doesn't matter much now. Good going at this tournament.

3: Dojo :metaknight: • I didn't know who to root for in your match vs. Ally; the ditto was surprisingly fun to watch. Congrats on how you did! Sorry I didn't get a chance to play against you. The only match/es we ever played together were at Genesis back in 2009. Hopefully I can remedy that someday if you're still around playing. I love the Meta Knight match-up, and it woulda been a fun challenge to get to take you on again.

4: ADHD :diddy: • Hahah, that DK planking gif with Diddy popping peanuts loops pretty well. XD Good going at this, ADHD. In the long run, I realize there were a lot of players that I didn't get much of a chance to play. Again, my fault here; probably shyness and not wanting to risk the chance of coming off as a random bothering people. I really wanted to play you though. T-block is a PT/Diddy player here and I've got moderate experience at the match-up so it woulda been fun to see what happened if we squared off. Some other time then, for sure! I'll get better at this whole approaching others to fight thing.

5: Vinnie :gw:/:popo: • Unfortunately, I didn't get to see you play so much, but I'll do my best to find stuff on YouTube for this event if you've got matches recorded. Good going! I get the feeling that the amount of "I didn't play yous" are going to pile up as I feel worse and worse... Eff that next tourney I play everyone at. Not taking no for an answer, I'm freaking playing everybody.

5: Atomsk :metaknight: • For all our "trash talk" we only got to play in Doubles. XD Still an awesome player, and apparently you're quitting after this?? It'd be a shame to see you go. You seem like a pretty cool guy, and an awesome player to boot. Good games in Doubles and if you're still around or come back, I'll take you on in a money match or so. If you really are quitting, best of luck and hope you're successful in whatever it is you do in life!

7: Shugo :falco:/:metaknight: • Blargh... I was rooting for you in that one match. Falco vs. ICs on Battlefield and all. Your Falco is so fun to watch. I feel bad not asking you for a match too. If only because you know Sonic like the back of your hand too so it'd be awesome to do either the Sonic vs. MK or Sonic vs. Falco match-up with someone who just knows my character in and out. Still one of my favorite players to watch, and I'll make good on my word to take everyone on, especially you, next tournament I see you at.

7: Will :dk2: • ...that was both the gayest and most epic thing I have seen in Brawl in a while. LMFAO Good show.

9: Inui :metaknight: • Thank you for answering all of my questions when I asked. You helped run this tourney alongside Xyro quite nicely. Wrecked my **** in Low Tier though. Maybe when I practice using Zelda or Yoshi or Mario constantly it won't be a landslide next time. Also, you're welcome for the encouragement of pulling an "Apex"; now look what happened. :awesome:

9: Logic :olimar: • How does it feel to face Sonics back to back in a bracket? LOL Our matches literally could have gone either way. It was so exciting to play you. One of the best Olimar players I've played against. But in the end, I was outplayed by the better player. And I couldn't be any happier; no regrets at all. It was an honor to play in the bracket out of pools. Just so you know though, I'm getting you next time! Maybe I'll be the one taking 9th at a National next time if I can make it past you. :) Good games, and congrats on your placing.

9: Tyrant :metaknight: • You are so random. XD I was confused when you were trying to beat it into my head that I'm "Espy's #1 Fan", maybe it was because of how loud the announcers were being or the crowd in general, but I couldn't quite make out what you meant. Watching you and Nicole's Double Zelda in Low Tier was cool to see. I'm gonna make good on taking you on next time too. Way to beast your way through the Loser Bracket!

9: Trela :lucario: • Espy wanted me to money match you, or just play you in general. Mostly because of how bad the Lucario vs. Sonic match-up is so I can see what it's like at a high level. Flamewave did a good job of beating the idea of how bad it was into my head already though. LOL I feel bad though because I myself really wanted to take you on too and experience the match-up at a high level. But it's so damn true. I combo and **** you, then you don't die. Then suddenly I'm dead. Lucario for broken tier vs. Sonic. I saw your set vs. Ally, and that was just...wow. On the edge of your seat worthy. Best Lucario ever, and if I wasn't so devoted to Sonic exclusively, I'd pick him back up. Got no excuses on my end for not playing you though, so, I'll do my best to make up for it next time.

13: Mvd :snake: • Did we ever play? I...I don't think so. D: So sorry about that. Hope you had a blast here. Rep that Snake. One of my favorite top tiers to play as.

13: Smoom :popo: • Good going! The only Ice Climbers I played was ESAM's in friendlies, but it woulda been cool to play an actual player of the character. Alberta, Canada doesn't have enough variety. Coulda used the match-up experience at a high skill level. But dem's the breaks.

13: RedHalberd :metaknight: • Didn't get a chance to watch you play, I think... Yet another Meta Knight I missed out on challenging. Good going on your placing and all that fine jazz. I'll do my best to make better on challenging everyone, including you, next time.

13: Illmatic :peach: • If there was anyone I was glad to lose to (if victory wasn't an option), it was you and your Peach. Way to go for pulling off the major upset against ESAM and proving that it wasn't a fluke! To be honest I was hoping you'd win against him too. Thanks to DTP I was ready for this match-up and in my mind, it really did feel as though it could go either way. No different from Logic in the Losers Bracket, I was simply outplayed by the better player. No regrets with how I did against you. And JUST like Logic? I'm going to beat you the next time I face you in a tournament. Good games, and get ready! Next time things will be different.

17: Esam :pikachu2: • On the other hand... ARGH!!! I wanted to be the one who faced you! If I had just beaten Illmatic it would have been a Sonic vs. Pikachu face-off. I'm confident in the match-up to be honest. A local player here named Frio also uses Pikachu and he's given me some great experience. I can't help but get the feeling that no matter WHO won between me and Illmatic, the matches against you would have been insanely hype and epic. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. You're a funny guy to talk to, and I had fun getting totalled in friendlies by your ICs. Horray on my one gimp though. I'll carry that with me until I can give you a proper set next time. :D

17: Domo :metaknight: • We never played... Blargh. Hope you had a blast here. Dat MK broskies. Dat MK.

17: Poltergust :yoshi2: • You're automatically the best Yoshi by default because you play the best color. Good ol' green. I had fun playing against you in friendlies, both Doubles and Singles alike. Hope we can play again sometime soon! Maybe even a money match or something. Congrats on Low Tier!

17: Mr. Doom :ike: • You really are a quiet guy, hahah. Sorry for making things awkward when I tried to talk to you. That Pokémon figure was really cool though. I wanna take on your Ike some time.

17: Gnes :diddy: • Another person I kick myself for not taking on. I was expecting you to place higher, actually. But hey, the competition's tough! Good ****, and you're still one of the best players out there, imo.

17: Espy :sonic: • Thanks, I take pride in my Chris Sabat ways. LOL In all seriousness though, thank you for your hospitality and working with me (you and the rest of San Antonio) on getting the hotel arranged and all. Watching your Sonic in person, it's really inspiring. I saw you vs. Logic, and when I had to take him on in Losers immediately, it was a big challenge for me. I kept telling myself, "If Espy can do it, so can I!" And you know what? I almost did it. I was that close to pulling off what you did and pushing my skills farther. You're a cool guy to hang around. Down to earth, approachable, and all around nice. I'd totally live in San Antonio if I had to pick a place to live in Texas. Hopefully I get a sweet street name to live on too. :p

Good games for Doubles Friendlies, and we didn't do a single Sonic ditto. I don't know whether to be proud of this or sad I skipped on a chance to see how I'd do head to head. XD Thank you for everything. Oh, and FYI, the guys who didn't get out of pools (others from San Antonio and other people I played), you guys are getting your shoutouts too. Just you wait. :)

17: RichBrown :olimar: • Sorry about your luck with Will and that gay tactic. I wish I knew what to say in that regard, so I'll focus on the times I talked and played with you otherwise. Thank you for the compliments in Doubles friendlies when we were warming up. I greatly appreciate it. Especially coming from someone whose taken on top Sonic players before. Boosts of confidence like those are just what people need to do their best.

17: Zeton :fox: • Wow...just...wow. Yeah, you vs. K-Prime and Tyrant, and Illmatic's fight against ESAM? Biggest upsets there in my opinion. I saw it all too. I only play Fox for friendlies and Mid Tier tourneys (even if I can also use Sonic for that lol), but when this year's up and the 20th Anniversary passes, I'm gonna hafta give Fox a try again for tourneys maybe. Congrats on the victories you pulled off! Rep that Fox!

25: Hylian :popo: • So sorry I didn't get a chance to play you. I do remember Genesis though. Those were some fun times hanging with you and the others. If you're going to Genesis 2 by any chance and if I can make my way there, I'll gladly take you on. If you're up to it, that is...

25: Silly Kyle :peach: • I took on Illmatic and Nicole, but not you? Dang, I overlooked a Peach. :( /inb4 I go 0-3 vs. all of you LOL/ Way to go, and hope you had fun while you were here!

25: Holms :wolf: • I think I caught a glimpse of your Wolf at one point or another. He always was a really cool character to watch. Good stuff!! I gotta take on Yoshara back home here. More Wolf fighting ftw.

25: Zori :olimar: • Did we ever face? I can't help but get the feeling that we DID at some point, but... Ah, probably not. I suck that way. I'll remedy this the next time we're at the same tournament though. That is a PROMISE!

25: Seibrik :metaknight: • Thank you for the lesson in pools. To be honest, (this isn't a john, you flat-out owned me, but in the end, it worked in my favor on the off chance we faced in bracket) I was hoping to face you in the bracket afterwards if I managed to beat anyone if I broke out of pools. You taught me what happens when a defensive/smart MK picks apart an overly aggro Sonic player. I was going to use that knowledge to my advantage to change my style up and hope for a different outcome... It was fun talking and playing with you! Thank you again, and sucks you got a lower placing. Keep working on that Wario too, btw! Just...maybe not in pools. Ahah. XD;

25: Infinity :metaknight: • "I'm very impressed. You're close to Espy's level. If you just worked on some of your habits and fine-tuned everything else, you'd be amazing." - Infinity

I'm not sure how accurate that quote was, but those are words that I will carry with me for a very, very long time. I had no idea what to expect when I went into a 10-man pool, filled with Meta Knights, a Lucario, and overall good players. I just kept my head held high, went in there wanting to have fun, and you were the first person I faced. You 2-0'd me, knowledge of the match-up apparent, and I simply lost to the better player. I was willing to accept that because of how close and fun our matches were. But then you extended your hand to me (physically and metaphorically) with advice and words of encouragement. I was a bit stunned to hear that. I'm a small-town player in a small Brawl community. Save for DTP (whose inactive), I'm probably the only player in my town and I have to drive a half-hour into the city to play the game with others.

Out of anything that anyone has said to me, yours are the ones that gave me the boost I needed. I didn't feel a sense of hubris or a growing ego come from any of this. Just...peace. Peace of mind that strengthened my confidence. It didn't let up for the rest of the Singles tournament. It's the mindset I always wanted when playing this game, and knowing my hard work paid off and for it to be acknowledged? It's a gift in itself. I may have only gotten 33rd at this, but to me, it feels like first. And you helped with that. This was a long shoutout I know, but you really did deserve this one. Thank you. Next time we play I promise your words won't be without merit. Whether I beat you, lose, take a match in our set, whatever, I hope to impress again. Bring it on!

25: Dphat :metaknight: • You're hilarious. XD Our low tier matches were fun, and sorry this avi is only temporary. I lost a bet to someone about them switching to Diddy over PT in a monthly. They used all PT so I lost the bet and they got to pick my avi. But hey, Jessica looks pretty good. Pretty soft punishment if you ask me. I had fun talking to you when I did, and your trash talk was funny to listen to. Heck, Texas in general is awesome to listen to. You and everyone else I met are giving me more reason to want to come back. And if I ever moved to the US, Texas is looking like a good place to go. Heck, you guys got FUNImation after all. Killing two birds with one stone since my voice acting career could take me there!

25: Esca :pit: • I remember seeing you, but I didn't play you. I suck like that... One of many I gotta take on next time I see any of you at a tourney then! Cool to see Pit at a National though.

33: SkyPirate :olimar: • Did we play?? I'm trying to remember... I forget if you said something about it earlier in this thread about how we didn't play more, and if I forgot our matches I'm sorry. D: So much to keep track of. My multitasking fails hardcore. Either way, I'll make better on playing more matches with you next time! Maybe next time there won't be an anime convention going on that pre-occupies my time as I buy stuff. XD

33: Jerm :toonlink: • SON OF A--THAT REMINDS ME. Toon Link. That's the one character I wanted to play too. Don't do it enough since Alphicans dropped the character here in Alberta. Note to self...take you on next tourney I see you and enable Alphicans into using Toon Link more... lol

33: Noid :samus2: • You and Xyro surprised me in Doubles. XD Not because of the skill (I knew you guys were **** XD), but because you went Double Samus. I saw you using MK in one Doubles match, but then you did the Double combo against me and MechWarrior. To be honest, I didn't know you played Samus. Guess that shows my ignorance though. It was fun to play you regardless. Good games!

33: Nicole :peach: • My friendly set with you was probably one of the funnest. Just getting to talk and play was a nice way to unwind. Close matches too! Also, shaddup when you say you're not good. It takes a lot to bust out of pools where there's elimination and a lot of good players to begin with! I think you did great in that regard. Maybe it's modesty (that I can respect), but you could benefit from more boosts of confidence too. It's what carried me through my pools anyway!

Thanks for the matches and laughs. I'll be rooting for you and the other Peaches any tourney you guys go in.

33: Ripple :dk2: • Did we play? ...we didn't play. ...well. ****. B| I suck.

33: Kuraudo :sonic: • k, so um. alberta is legit. ggz for proving that. do it again at Genesis 2 and prove it wasn't a fluke. and beat Illmatic and Logic next time.

YOU CAN DO IT!

33: Dakpo :zerosuitsamus: • You lied. Broly isn't a douche. Unless you were just trolling me. B| You teamed with Nike right? It was fun playing you guys for Doubles practice! Good ZSS.

33: FlipHop :diddy: • I played no Diddys at this tournament. I just now realized this. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

33: Xaltis :metaknight:/:falco: • Thanks for taking my money match! We had ******** SDs but it was funny nonetheless. Good Falco, and it really coulda gone either way. I hope to play you again sometime. Oh, and go back to Panty. She's hotter.

33: Chaz :marth: • Not even gonna lie, I feel terrible. That money rematch was very underwhelming, and I won't hide my johns here. The venue, the tourney itself, everything was burning me out at the end there. You flat-out destroyed me and I feel that if I was on my A-Game like I was for the bracket and pools, it wouldn't have been so one-sided. I hyped it up and looked forward to taking you on so much, and you and your GF are great to talk to, but I can't help but feel I disappointed you immensely. That was not the Sonic player you should have faced. I promise I'll work on my endurance to keep up the pace and make the games closer next time! It wasn't the fact that I lost that has me down, it's my performance in general. Again, sorry, and I'm gonna make good on giving you a better rematch next tourney we're both at. I had fun in Low Tier doubles against you guys! :D

Your Marth is really awesome, and you play the coolest of the colors. White.

33: Coney :dedede: • I don't play enough good Dedede players. it'd be great to learn the match-up against a top level player though... Maybe next time. Hope you had a blast here! Who'd you lose to? I was partially expecting you to take a higher spot at this.

33: Teh Future :metaknight:/:marth: • I don't think we played, unfortunately. You play the two characters that I like to fight though. It woulda been fun. :( We'll fix that next time I see you though!

33: Ozz :falco:/:marth: • Son of a--too many people on this list of those I "haven't" played. Hope you had a good time here though!

33: Fogo :dedede:/:snake: • Thanks for the friendlies warm-ups before Singles and all! You're a great player, and the matches were pretty intense. Hope to play you again someday. ^^

33: Nike :marth: • Dude, Nike. Where to I even begin? The money match with you was as hype as I was hoping it'd be. Next time I'll ban Brinstar now that I have the proper knowledge of how badly Marth can beat Sonic there. Then again, anyone can beat Sonic there. I just shouldn't do it. XD You better upload our set soon! Way to go on making it out of pools. You look so distraught when you didn't at first, but you earned it in that rematch of yours. Really smooth flowing Marth player, and you kept me on my toes the entire time we played. Lol at your joke about carrying the team in doubles friendlies though. That was almost as bad as the "did it hurt when you fell down from heaven?" joke. But it was good at the same time.

Thanks for your help with everything, including rides, taking our orders for McDonalds, and guiding us to the convention every day. Too legit. Looking forward to coming back to hang with you and the others again someday.

33: Dmg :wario: • You teamed with Atomsk right? If I recall right, you flat-out owned me and my partner in Doubles. We didn't play much of anything else afterwards though. Damn shame... I'll make good on changing that next tourney we're both in though! GGs on getting out of pools and all that fine jazz.

49-139 pools • I was worried I'd be one of the unlisted in pools. Whew, talk about a close call. Without you guys, this tournament's numbers woulda been nothing! So many good players in this bunch that deserved to make it out of pools. But competition was tight, and pool numbers were varied. You guys are awesome, and I hope you guys had a blast at this like I did.

--

And now, shoutouts to select people that didn't make it out of pools!

Konfucious • You pulled a fast one on me in pools when you went Mario. Our set was 2-1, right? Either way, you gave me one of my most favorite match-ups in the game. Your Mario is legit, and you as a person, you're even more legit. It was fun talking and hanging with you and the others. A lot of laughs were had, and I'll gladly come back for you guys. All of Texas is awesome, but YOU GUYS. ...yeah, you guys. Thanks for making my trip here feel even more worthwhile.

Big Boss • Did we do our Snake ditto friendly? I forget... Either way we did play and talk and whatnot. You're a cool guy to hang around. You still can take claim to having the best Snake main gamertag ever. Big Boss? Doesn't get much better then that good sir.

Mike2 • Fun matches with your Snake man. Thanks for the games, and I'll be back either way for some fun times to be had!

Tofer

Paw • That was an incredibly epic money match. Match 2 on FD with my gimp followed by you RECOVERING from my gimp... Just wow. You've got an awesome ZSS. If it wasn't for playing against her in the past with a outline of what the match-up is like, you would have owned me badly, I feel. If we play on WiFi, you'll wreck my **** though. Guaranteed. XD It was fun talking to you and hanging out with you. We put on a heck of a show at the hotel.

Slush • I remember when I first got picked up most of everyone was so quiet. XD Guess that's what happens when you first meet people. You and K Prime had the whole Fluttershy thing going at first. But then I got to know you guys and theeeen the Pinkie Pie colors started to shine through. You're a cool guy to talk to, and a lot of fun to play against. Hope to come back and see you again!

K Prime • Thanks for the low tier practice, man. And for splitting the Chicken McNuggets with me. :p It still makes me laugh remembering when we were about to watch the new MLP ep. "Hey, K Prime, you wanna watch My Little Pony?" The eager silent nod was so funny. Get owned, Trent. Sucks about Zeton though. I thought you had that one, even if it was epic seeing a Fox do how he did against such a bad match-up. Your Pikachu is really fun to watch, and I had a great time hanging out with you guys.

Player-4 • Good games in pools. More MKs. Eesh that was fun to deal with. XD Hope to play you again when I come back sometime.

Broly • You're a really cool guy to talk to. And I had a lot of fun playing against you. So sorry that we didn't play Melee on Sunday... I was short on time, the TVs were pre-occupied, and I was getting picked up right away. Promise we'll make more time for it next time! Sorry about the way pools worked out in the end too... As sucky as it is, I honestly do agree with the idea of it. Head to head when the amount of sets won counts, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. I was perfectly content with losing to you too if the tallying of wins and losses counted too. It's a double-edged sword really. You have the greatest spacing I have ever seen in any Smash player period. So many tippers, so many reads, so many big moves.

You are top tier when it comes to spacing. True master right there. I wanna take you on again, be it Melee, Brawl, MvC3, whatever man. We'll put on a good show. Promise!

Flamewave... I think this is your name. YOUR TAG WAS TRAP ALRIGHT?! • Despite the landslide of a match-up, it was a lot of fun playing your Lucario. If I wasn't so adamant about using exclusively Sonic for tournaments, I'd have wanted to counterpick it. Legit Lucario, and the aura slays me. Slays me good. dkfajhds Good games!

Tesh • You're a pretty chill guy to talk to, and our dittos were plenty fun. Lolz at P.Stadium 2 shenanigans for the win. Woulda been cool to have a third or fourth Sonic in the bracket, but hey, we'll hold it down with at least one or two a National, no matter who goes! You have such an interesting style too. Great to fight against. I don't get to do the ditto often.

Trent • Tough break in pools man. I still think you're an awesome player. On your A-Game you'd be turning a lot more heads if your Sonic merchandise wasn't doing it already. I feel so naked compared to you and Espy... XD Seriously though, I feel like a CLOSET Sonic fan in comparison. I'm a huge fan, don't get me wrong, but eesh. I fail compared to you guys. D: Your Sonic is awesome, and I hope you don't let how you did weigh on you heavily. Disappointment is alright, especially when you know you slipped, but no good comes of it lingering forever. Bounce back, man. I know you can do it.

Sync • You're just the biggest bowl of sunshine, aren't you? XD I felt honored when I was sought out for a money match by you. And I was happy to oblige. A close set, 2-3, and I lost against a really good player. Your Meta Knight is a joy to fight and further cements my interest in the Sonic vs. MK match-up in general. Thanks for the lessons learnt, the fun times to be had, and overall, just making this awesome for me. I love competition against people like you! You're so nice dude.

Also, KID? Eff you for being a doucher to Sync. Seriously. After meeting this guy I kept thinking to myself, "...why did he even...?" LOL

MechWarrior • Thank you for being my partner on such short notice, man. Sonic & DK was an unlikely but great team-up in my opinion. I have no doubt in my mind that if you and me actually had time to build further chemistry as players, we would be performing much much better. I see it there! We just gotta tap it. That potential is looking awesome. Oh, and sorry about "STOP FLASHING THE CAMERA!" at your Dad. I was kidding around with that remark and thought it was funny for some reason. Like, "lol distraction."

You're a cool guy to talk to, and I don't think we even did 1 vs 1, did we? We'll change that next time we're at the same tournament, for sure. I'm gonna have to look into the Sonic & DK team-up more and see what kind of results it can bring. Hope you had fun!!

Xyro • Thank you for making this such a fun experience for me. It sucks that our Wii Remotes were stolen, but you can't have absolute control over everything. In all seriousness tough I am glad I didn't bring my laptop for recording. You promised that my stuff would be safe and for it I lost a Wiimote out of this. Truth be told, I was hoping to get re-embursed (spelt that wrong probably) for it by $10/$20 or something, to compensate when you gave your word. But that would have been unfair and taking out of your own pocket or from the pot. So in the end, I wouldn't feel good about that. Guess next time I go somewhere I'll have to label the controller itself too. My Wii/SD Card and everything else was fine. Thanks for holding my stuff at the front! I really appreciated it. You're a cool guy and that Samus man... That freaking Samus. So fun to watch. Hope you keep on hosting. I'll gladly come back for more.

--

And I think that's that!

I'll update this if I have to again in case I missed anyone or somebody who talked/played me wants a shoutout. I'm drawing a blank, but that's probably because I went tl;dr on so many of these. Thank you guys for making this tournament a memorable one for me. I hadn't been in America since 2009 and I felt this was an awesome way to come back. Texas, you guys rule!

[EDIT]

!!! Rainbow Dash!! I completely forgot about Dash! D:

Leaf • I was out when I realized I forgot you in my shoutouts. And while I was doing my shoutouts earlier I kept telling myself not to forget you. Better late then never. Looks like I'm too slow. Between you and K Prime, it was awesome getting some Pika practice in just in general. You're a pretty cool guy to talk to, and I had a lot of fun playing with you. Next time bust some heads and bust outta pools. I wanna take you on in a bracket at a tourney somewhere someday. Sonic vs. Pikachu too good. Hope you had a blast here. :D

[EDIT #2]

FML, some of my low tier opponents too. XD Sorry guys. Here you go!

Tmacc • I was still training up my Zelda, and you legitimately owned me on the first match for that. Sorry I gayed out and switched to Yoshi on FD. I didn't even know that Yoshi had a grab release on Lucas, I just tried it anyway hoping for the best. XD;; Our Yoshi vs. Samus fight was pretty darn close too. Your Lucas and Samus in general are just pretty solid. I don't fight against those characters often. GGs!

TOSM • Dude. Your Ike had my number in regular friendlies. That's a beastly Ike, and I was unprepared. I've played against decent Ikes too and used to co-main the character, but I wasn't ready for that. GGs! And Low Tier was pretty fun. Sucks about Jungle Japes though. I think it was a banned stage though... That's okay, we have that here in Alberta as a CP (or used to, idk I'd hafta recheck) and I got the lucky Zelda spike into a Klap Trap. The friendlies afterwards was pretty fun. I wasn't so proud of that CP'd victory, but our first match of Link vs. Zelda in the set was pretty intense. Hope you had fun at this, and hope we face off again. This time in pools, in the bracket, wherever so the Sonic vs. Ike match can reach more levels of epic.

Coney

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!!33: Coney :dedede: • I don't play enough good Dedede players. it'd be great to learn the match-up against a top level player though... Maybe next time. Hope you had a blast here! Who'd you lose to? I was partially expecting you to take a higher spot at this.
yeah disappointing, i wanted to mm you too

i lost to adhd and tyrant

'chea

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well if I go to Genesis 2 and most of you guys go, I'll make a Money Match post. Or just a match post in general since I don't wanna blow THAT much money. I'll keep track of who I gotta/wanna face then. XD

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
kuraudo you have a really good attitude towards this game.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I havn't done shout outs since...HOBO 12? It's been a while lol but here goes.
Shout Outs!

Keith/Gnes: Thanks for housing me man...good *** times in there loool...Champ ;). Don't sweat it about teams. It's always both our faults. We could of won it but just next time bro. We got this :). Thanks for all practicing you've given me and being there for me with support. I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am without you. Hope I did you proud by placing 2nd and beating your relative kekekeke. Don't sweat your singles either...you already know what you gotta do. Just keep pushing :).

Anthony/Dojo: It was **** seeing you again. You're my smash role model...seriously. You've always been the one I wanted to beat. The one I've wanted to keep chasing. Giving me a reason to get better. Glad you came back and still on your **** and even better. I just got you in the end ;). Still 1 set to go till I tie you though lol. Keep trying to come to tournaments again. It's gonna be ****. Also you gay in teams lol but next time it won't be the same outcome ;). Glad I housed with ya and it was fun hanging with you again. We still got work to do for this state <3.

Eric/Fogo: FOGOOOOOO!!!! Lmaooooo you made me laugh the most this weekend like always. Love your jokes and you bro. Always a pleasure to hang with the Magic. Scoping was beast in the hotel lol. Sooooo much bait. And remember don't fall for that trap! Keep coming down here so we can prep that snake. I'll take you under my scales ;).

1: Ally==// You ******! Lmao good **** on first. Your mk is sooooo gay and you got the best of me in teams...left that salt rock in me lool. Not gonna john....but I will anyways. I DID NOT TRY VS YOUR MARTH :D. Lol but seriously your marth is mad good...wished I tried my fullest in the end. You had more mental energy than and still ahead of me skill wise. I'll give you some better matches in the future :p.
2: Razer== Don't stop <3.
4: ADHD==Wyatt! Good to see you again and looks like I tied our set count at 2-2 :). I know our winners set seemed kind of like a fluke which I can agree with, but losers was close. ggs and see you in the future.
5: Vinnie==/Good **** placing 5th...I hate your ICs though haha. Wireless interference against that is hard as hell. Sucks at what happened in our losers set with the TV :[ but ggs none the less.
5: Atomsk==Trevor :(. Glad I was able to go to your "last tournament". Even without practice, you did good and placed 5th...Hope to see you some day in the future again. and LOOOOOOL, your face was priceless when I handed you that ID to read out loud...and you drunk was lmao too. "YOU!! YOU GOT SECOND DIDN'T YOU?!". Too good.
7: Shugo==/I hate you. I hate you with all my soul. Lmao jk glad I convinced you to come down here and seemed like you really enjoyed it. Plus you did well in singles and doubles so dont quit just yet :) Cool to chill more with you...except when you're drunk...**** lool. Hope you enjoy my signature on your controller.
7: Will==WILL!!!!!! I didn't really talk to you much, but I already know you're cool from the times we've met. Good **** getting 7th place with DK bro. Even though what happened happened lol. Fun team matches as well and hope to play you again in singles.
9: Inui==Why havn't we played lol? Cool to see you in TX again.
9: Logic==Lol...."why do you question my logic?" you're an idiot lol. Hope you enjoyed TX and can't wait to wax that olimar *** again ;).
9: Tyrant==**** your double zelda lmao. Good stuff coming down here.
9: Trela==TRELA!!!!!! You did me proud boy...just like you said, the outcome will be different next time. Keep doing work and become on that national status with us soon :).
13: Mvd==MVFree! Always a pleasure to see a snake brother. Thanks for tips on RC too...idk how you so good on there lol. See you next national...oh and your hair smells good no homo.
13: Smoom==SMOOOOOM!!!! Good **** placing this well at a national buddy! I told you, you were gonna rise. Keep playing those ICs and practicing...you can definitely become a top threat :). I'll be waiting.
13: RedHalberd==BRAWL CENTRAL 3 TOURNAMENT OFFLINE?!?! Lol you mad cool and I wished I chilled more with you. GGs in winners and good **** beating my partner...that doesn't happen too often. Hope to see you again man. I AINT EVEN MAD!
13: Illmatic==Like I told smoom, keep playing man. You did a big win this tournament and keep practicing...BEST PEACH! I'll take in your paper work for Celeb Status...no promises though haha.
17: Esam==YES!!! I avoided the devil rat lol. I wanted to do a rematch...but kinda glad it didn't happen now haha. We'll play one day in the future...
17: Domo==My ***** domo! Always chill to hang with you and glad you you witnessed me turning into a man haha. I want to play you again one day...gotta kill that bat!
17: Poltergust==Going to the rave? Vids???
17: Mr. Doom==Ggs in winners. Your ike and SDI are tight!
17: Espy==We didn't talk much, but it was good to see you again. Get that top 5 next time. You can do it :).
17: RichBrown==Ugh we still need to play...MLG Dallas was blah lol. Cool seeing you down here and hope you return. Sorry in what happened, but it has been addressed. Try not to let it discourage you.
17: Zeton==Dude...your fox was really fun to play in pools lol. Aggro vs aggro and good **** vs tyrant and kprime.
25: Hylian==Carl!!! Always a pleasure to see the Face of Texas return to his home haha. I'll camp your ICs next time in friendlies :)
25: Silly Kyle==Ggs in teams.
25: Zori==Yung Base Zori....the 2nd coming. Always love hanging with you bro. PURPLE V NECK CREW? Lets go to the club and play pokemon now that the deed is done and I'm based.
25: Seibrik==You seemed so down the weekend until the last day...hope you enjoyed when you felt better though. I'll beat you sometime later :p
25: Infinity==FS5
25: Dphat==Bull**** random teams MM. Rematch when we see each other lmaooo.
25: Esca==^ read above lol. Glad to see you again man and glad to see you're doing better...sorta lol. Random teams MM again definitely.
33: Jerm==Yes I beat m2k. DEAL WITH IT!!! Hopefully you can bounce back from whats been happening. You say you got this so I'll be waiting to do things to you again ;) TLK!
33: Noid==Noid!!! Thanks for teaming with me in LT...sorry if I let you down or maybe we just didn't have the chemistry. **** double zelda lmao. Nice meeting you.
33: Nicole==Your double zelda was gay! Regular teams tho :).
33: Dakpo==Best TX ZSS? I think so...maybe haha. Why havn't we played lately? I'm gonna make it a mission to play you next time we in the same tournament. Don't stop improving cause I see you coming one day. Keep it up and that banana footstool lock was nice haha.
33: FlipHop==Fliphop...the 3rd coming lol. If you really quitting then <3. It's been a long time and hope you have a good life. I'LL SEE ONE DAY IN MARVEL!!! Hope to see you again though man.
33: Xaltis==/ Good **** advertising the tourney to those anime ppl looool.
33: Coney==Nice seeing you again and hope you enjoyed the rodeo. We should do that salty 50 dollar MM still haha.
33: Ozz==/ Glad you still playing and I'll see you at HOBO or Genesis or something lol. Don't stop pushing.
33: Nike==Good **** gettin out of pools and house me for a tourney one day again lol.
33: Dmg==MURDER ME FOOL!!!!!!!!! Lmao you are fun to hang around with for some reason. We need to do that bull**** random teams mm again. Dphat got sooooo ****en lucky with the characters and ******* using similar names as me lol. We got this.

Sync!: Good **** housing everyone man. We got work to do on you!
P4: Base.
Xyro: Thanks for running another successful event Allan. TX wouldn't have gotten this far without you. I'll be seeing you again, but have a great life when you leave. Best of luck.....dad.

If I forgot anyone, sorry! If I hanged with you then you already know the good times we had.

<3 whobo3.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Next time, zs mains, we gotta do something. :[

Bio: Why we no play???
I was probably too busy trying to get a new tire for my car. After friday I was gone most of the time. That weekend was...bad for me.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I havn't done shout outs since...HOBO 12? It's been a while lol but here goes.
Shout Outs!

33: Dakpo==Best TX ZSS? I think so...maybe haha. Why havn't we played lately? I'm gonna make it a mission to play you next time we in the same tournament. Don't stop improving cause I see you coming one day. Keep it up and that banana footstool lock was nice haha.
<3 whobo3.
Thanks Razor :) We dooo have to play next tourney. What do you mean by you see me coming one day lololol

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Finally! I have some free time for some...

SHOUT OUTS!

Ally- It was great getting to see and chat with you again. Good job at the tourney and looking forward to playing you next time. :)

Razer- Your Snake is too good, Wtf was that Forward B gimmicks in your match with Dojo?! Also, I had fun in pools fighting you. I'll be practicing up for a rematch!

Dojo- Beastly super knight as always. We need to hurry up and get that money match done with! Hopefully next time right?

ADHD- It was great to be able to finally meet you. I'm sorry about the "Landmaster" experience you had with me though...I'm not good driving in big cities...I'm a Kansas Country Fox...not use to all the crazy roads...We need to play next time for sure though!

Gnes- I reeeeaally want to play you since the last time we played! :( Oh well...maybe next time right?

Vinnie- Those were some crazy counter picks you had for my Fox, very versatile. If you want some friendlies sometime just let me know alright?

Atomsk- Thank you soooo much for the advice you gave me way back when you first met me at TAS. Campy IS fun! I'm a happy camper now! :) Let's get some friendlies in next time!

Shugo- I never got a chance to fight your Falco, but it looks dangerous. Sorry about your experience at the Rave, I hope you're feeling better now. :bee: Friendlies next time?

Will- Wtf you really caught me off guard with your DK, So much fun to play too :awesome: Looking forward on seeing you again in the future!

Tyrant- Man, Fox vs MK...what do you think the ratio is on that MU? It was a good set either way and to be honest fighting you broke my mental block wall that's been preventing me from sitting back and camping (let alone being patient...) For this, I thank you ^^. I'm up for some friendlies the next time we see each other if you need Fox match up experience.

Trela- Wow, there's more about that Lucario MU than I thought! I got destroyed! I can't wait to play you again! :D Good job vs Ally too! (B reversed Aura Sphere in Ally's face...wow.) Legit Lucario.

RedHalberd- It was brief but it was great chatting with you! Let's get those friendlies in next time we see each other!

Illmatic- That Peach of yours is godly :)! If it weren't for my mu knowledge due to Nicole, I would of been thrashed! I'm still up for that money match the next time we meet though. Be ready!

Nicole- I don't know why your so hard on yourself and your Peach. We placed soo good in teams when we did, and if it weren't for the experience from you, I would have never stood even a chance with Illmatic.:) I'm glad you had fun at the rave. I was there, just couldn't really enjoy it because ...I don't know...anyway see you next time!

Esam- You have a legit Pikachu, don't be so worried about those MUs though! You adapt too quickly to have a fear like that. Oh, and I want to MM you sometime. I didn't get good with Fox by just counter picking his bad MUs and run away all the time. :) Looking forward to the next time we meet!

K Prime- You had me worried with those Footstool>Nair setups. I don't care what anyone says, you are a great Pikachu and don't let people or your shyness get in the way of that truth. (Mess up the people who are ignorant to that truth.) ;)

Yosh- Your Yoshi is legit like Polts. Very versatile and balanced. I look forward to future friendlies and matches with you. :)

Ripple- For a team that had NO TIME to practice or get familiar with each other, we did a dang good job! Anubis Style v3 Lucario Fox was too good! We needed to practice up a bit to make it more a threat though. I heard you're picking up Pika? Fox and Pika would be beastly as well. XD Either way, I had fun teaming with you! Take care till next time!

Esca- That pit is soooo gay it's good! XD it was quite a challenge to take you on. I'm so glad you were able to make it to this event. Just a heads up though, Fox vs ZSS is still a debatable MU, you can ask Dakpo about the details, ...he knows...;) Anyway looking foward to vsing your ZSS the next meet up!

Maharba- If it weren't for you, I wouldn't of banned Halbred on Esca. ;) Legit Pit either way. Don't be so hard on yourself though! Just go with the flow and relax. Trust me, removing the pressures of being good or being a top player blah blah blah......... it's just a game, have fun with it. :)

Nike- Whew! That's some Marth you got there! It looked like you needed a bit more Fox MU experience though. I'm up and ready for friendlies if you ever want them! Keep it up with that beastly Marth!

Shadowpj- Do you own thing, your own style, and you'll go far with that crazy TL of yours :cool:. Also, thanks again for letting us stay at your place!

Batousai- Lol you have the right idea with playing the game and not taking it so seriously, so chill and relaxed, I like that. :) Can't wait to play you again in the future.

Jaenig- (I'm not sure if I spelled that right..) Looool Wario/Fox teaming is godly! :awesome: Upsmash> Waft was TOO good! We need to team sometime in the future!

...Who was that new Kirby player that was chillin with me from time to time? I never even got you're name...But I will say you got a very dangerous Kirby and just need to let you're opponents agree on attacking you and get ***** for it. I look foward on seeing how you do in the future. :) (Respond to this so I know who you are!)

Jowii- *Zeton Kirbicides your Fox* HOW DOES IT FEEL!? YOU LIKE IT?! THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOIN TO ME! EAT IT! Lol, fun friendlies need to do it again sometime. :cool:

I had a blast at this tourney, I will say the ledgegrab gay strats were annoying but either way the tourney was fun.

Now...back to my busy life... (sigh)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Thanks Razor:) We dooo have to play next tourney. What do you mean by you see me coming one day lololol

*takes back what I said*

LMAO that's what you get for leaving me that weakass shoutout RAZOR
Be glad I even wrote your name you damn metapod. or should I say JOG??
He sees you placing where we are if you don't stop working for it. Or I do at least.
This.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Zeton- You're a cruel individual. Using my own Kirby against me. My fox is totally better than yours at that match-up LAWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom