• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Worcester, MA, Brawl and Melee - 04/05/2009

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Rd
Worcester, MA

Schedule:
8:00am - Campus Center Opens
1:00 - Odeum Doors Open
1:15 - Brawl Doubles sign-ups begin
2:00 - Brawl Doubles begins
End of Brawl Doubles - Melee Singles begins
End of Melee Singles - Brawl Singles begins
If time - Brawl Draft Crews
11:00pm - We're out

Pricing:
Brawl Singles - $5
Brawl Doubles - $10 per team ($5 each)
Melee Singles - $5

Brawl Ruleset:

Borrowed from Ace
• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage. You can Strike a nuetral twice(the first turns it into a counterpick, the second striking it from that list as well.)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Planking for short periods of time is not stalling, but excessive planking is. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED. The wall infinite, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

Melee Rules

Items are set to off and none
4 stock, 8 minutes
All sets are best of 3 matches, and best of 5 for winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Each player may strike one stage at the beginning of a match
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:

• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

Setups
TVs:
- Copacetic (3)
- CC (1)
- Macman (1)

Wiis:
- Copacetic (2)
- Delta_0 (1)
- Macman (1)

Copies of SSBB:
- Copacetic (2)
- Delta_0 (1)

Cubes:
- Macman (3)

Copies of SSBM:
- Macman (2)

Power Strips:
- Copacetic (2)

Extension cords:
- Copacetic (1)
- Delta_0 (1)

Mtn Dew:
- Delta_0 (copious)
-MattDotZeb

Housing:
If anyone needs to stay the night, we have room for maybe 2-4 more in our suite

BRING SETUPS

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Since Mike posted in this thread, I can only assume you that ****ing awesome dude who drove everyone home after Super Mass Bros.
That said, I'll go.
That also said, I kindamaybesorta forgot your name. Even though iirc it was something easy to remember

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Now that being said I didn't read the first post where it said to contact Chris...
Weird, I thought your name was something like Sean or John e.e

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
everyone should come to this cause it will attract alot of noobs from our school which equals more money for the pot =D

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
You can count me in. I should be able to bring at least three people as well.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Now that being said I didn't read the first post where it said to contact Chris...
Weird, I thought your name was something like Sean or John e.e
Close. Sean was the kid that drove everyone around, I live right next to him. I'm the random kid in the car when you went to kfc

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
I need to ****ing go to this. Chris, would you be able to drive me and Pat? I can also bring my Wii, Brawl, 4 GCN controllers, and an extension cord. Also excessive Dew.

Right, forgot to mention. This is Dave, lol. That Franklin scrub ;D

USrob

Smash Cadet
Sounds like fun I hope there is a big turn out if I am going to drive a long distance like that .. Anthother good thing is that it's on my birthday ( WOOO HOOO ) Might see you guys there I hope

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I need to ****ing go to this. Chris, would you be able to drive me and Pat? I can also bring my Wii, Brawl, 4 GCN controllers, and an extension cord. Also excessive Dew.

Right, forgot to mention. This is Dave, lol. That Franklin scrub ;D
I could probably come pick you up the night before if you guys wanna stay here the night

Hot Kaarl

Smash Rookie
Y'all better record some matches this time. Since I won't be there I wanna be able to watch em later!

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
I think Pat got that Dazzle shizz to work, Mike. Not 100% though. Anything under 3 minutes, though, and I'll record it. Lol.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
If you can get dave does that mean you can get me too? From Franklin, that is? :D
I'll be heading home saturday, so anyone in the milford/franklin area is free to come back with me and stay at wpi for the night. I only have a 5-seater though, so no more than 8 people (10 if anyone doesn't mind the trunk)

And for anyone from Boston:

I'll be making trips out to the worcester union station, but the train schedule sucks (9:20 is the only arrival pre-tourny)

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I saw Pat's video from SMB and I had no idea what the hell was going on (until the part where me and mike were complete *******s)

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
BTW, I don't have any copies of melee or any cubes, so if you guys want melee we're gonna need setups. And if there's less than 10 people for melee, I might switch it to a round robin. But then again I haven't been in a melee tournament, so feel free to yell at me about the rules

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm gonna ask copacetic about running melee doubles as well, I know I can get alot of TVs and setups [since like everybody in my dorm have a TV the would lend to me]. However it would just depend on how many people go, SMB didn't have that many people so melee doubles wasn't very necessary.

Also right now, put me down for a TV, 3 cubes, one wii, and 2 copies of melee for now.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
Since Mike posted in this thread, I can only assume you that ****ing awesome dude who drove everyone home after Super Mass Bros.
That said, I'll go.
That also said, I kindamaybesorta forgot your name. Even though iirc it was something easy to remember
um which i cant remember whether or i not i thanked you for, but if i can get a ride, i AM SO DOWN. Hope to see yall there

*hype

Top Bottom