• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Worcester, MA, Brawl and Melee - 04/05/2009

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
A couple of questions.

Does the campus mind that you are giving cash as a prize because it is considered gambling in MA? I don't want you to get in trouble over something as small as this.

Is parking free and if not how much will it be?

I might consider going but that is a big MAYBE and OWM since your going and I actually end up going do you wanna team up?

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
April 5th is a sunday.

And we've had similar tournaments here at WPI before, they've just been WPI-exclusive. Since it's a weekend there should be a lot of parking open, and I'm talking with them about possibly keeping an entire lot only for us, but it will definitely be free.

OWM - If you want to come visit us here next weekend sometime, there's at least 4 of us here who should be ready to brawl.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
definitely need to make this, but still in dire need of a ride. es muy far from where i am of the living right now.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
April 5th is a sunday.

And we've had similar tournaments here at WPI before, they've just been WPI-exclusive. Since it's a weekend there should be a lot of parking open, and I'm talking with them about possibly keeping an entire lot only for us, but it will definitely be free.

OWM - If you want to come visit us here next weekend sometime, there's at least 4 of us here who should be ready to brawl.
Are you going to have teams? I thought there was until I read the first post. I am asking for brawl.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
there'll definitely be doubles for brawl, and i'm looking to extend how long we have the venue so we can get some draft crews.

so far, they're letting us borrow a big projector (maybe throw the brackets on that), 2 large tvs, and about 50 chairs and 10 tables. so as long as people bring setups, this should run pretty smoothly and we'll have plenty of room for friendlies

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
so pumped for this, anyone in the franklin/framingham area mind giving me a ride? paying for gas/tolls/food whatever, definitely wanna go to this.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I know there's about 4 tournament level players that should come. We have a good smash crowd here, though I don't know if the entry fee will stop them, but I'm expecting another 5-10 scrubs

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Union station is like 1 and a quarter miles from WPI, so it's not a far walk. I think the train schedule is pretty bad though. You can come the night before, but I think you gotta show up pretty **** early for the commuter rail

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Train at 6pm from south station -> There at 7:30
Walk = 30 minutes or so
I could be to WPI Saturday night by 8.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
might not be able to go to this one, brawls deep is the day before and both are decently long drives, will have to see what's up

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tom - I'd love to team up, it's been too long. Do you wanna train before? I live with some friends now so we should be able to train the night b4 or something. I don't have a phone but my friend Chris's number is - 774 262 8265...ask for me and we cn try and work something out.

Copacetic - I don't have a ride anywhere but if you guys wanna come train here I'm in Spencer so it's not far. Same number, ask for wes or whitemage and you'll get me if you're interested in coming out sometime.

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
Chris, I might not be able to make this (unless I get someone to cover my Sunday night shift at Panera). Put me down as a maybe.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Meeting at Braintree would be stupid.
Meet at South Station. Meeting at Braintree would be you basically taking the train to the end of the red line just to take it back to the middle.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Tom - I'd love to team up, it's been too long. Do you wanna train before? I live with some friends now so we should be able to train the night b4 or something. I don't have a phone but my friend Chris's number is - 774 262 8265...ask for me and we cn try and work something out.

Copacetic - I don't have a ride anywhere but if you guys wanna come train here I'm in Spencer so it's not far. Same number, ask for wes or whitemage and you'll get me if you're interested in coming out sometime.
Give me a call on my cell whitemage because I tried calling and no one picked up.

Here it is 774 219 3153.

Top Bottom