• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Worcester, MA, Brawl and Melee - 04/05/2009

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Venue fee

So the cost of the venue is pretty cheap, but if there end up being anywhere around 75 or more people coming, the price rises a bunch, and we'll need the $5 venue fee to cover it.

So to cover my own ***, I'm keeping it a $5 fee. However, if there's only about 50 people, I'll have a good surplus. Rather than being a greedy *** and funding my trip to Genesis with it, I figured I'd distribute it among the winners somehow. Either that, or I could host another one here (not til early fall) and have no venue fee.

I'll leave it to you guys to decide, and I'll take any other suggestions into consideration. But then again I'll be stacking the brackets so that I get the prize money anyway.

Spife

Smash Master
So the cost of the venue is pretty cheap, but if there end up being anywhere around 75 or more people coming, the price rises a bunch, and we'll need the $5 venue fee to cover it.

So to cover my own ***, I'm keeping it a $5 fee. However, if there's only about 50 people, I'll have a good surplus. Rather than being a greedy *** and funding my trip to Genesis with it, I figured I'd distribute it among the winners somehow. Either that, or I could host another one here (not til early fall) and have no venue fee.

I'll leave it to you guys to decide, and I'll take any other suggestions into consideration. But then again I'll be stacking the brackets so that I get the prize money anyway.
Fund the genesis trip >_>
It's worth it and if anyone complains, kick them out of the venue.

Spife

Smash Master
Uh...I wanna go to Genesis too. I need another $160, so I'm hoping to try and win some tourneys to get the cash. So the more in the pot the better.
I need another 300. So I'm hoping to rob some people to get the cash. The more cooperative people at the venue the better.
Wait what?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Ugh.
I completely forgot about this I'm really sorry.

I may push back mass madness since I said I would help run this.

How is the pots for each tournament going to be split, by the way?

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man

I was thinking 55, 35, 10 for the split in each event

And there'll be lots of chairs, tables, and free space (think maybe 2x the size of Ace's), so if people bring setups there should be plenty of room for friendlies and MMs

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea the place is actually huge and would easily be able to be a venue for major tournaments.

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
ill probably go to this. if i do ill bring a wii and brawl. idk about a tv. maybe

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a brawl set-up.

I have Homebrew, so can I use the 'No Tripping' and 'More than 3 Minute Replays' codes?

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
James (Ike) and I (TL) played you in our second doubles match. Very good ness, but we play against a good ness and lucas all the time so we probably had a lot more experience with that matchup

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Is there a registration deadline for this tourny? I live in Putnam, CT and it may take me a few days to find a ride to Worcester. This is probably going to be my first tourny btw.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Registration is at the tournament itself, so as long as you get there before the event(s) you're interested in start, you'll be fine.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Lets play Chris is a dumb ******. I win! ...Or maybe you win.

I'm going to have to figure this out before we actually decide to play.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify: We don't actually have the venue until 1, but there's food and stuff at the CC from 8am on, so anyone that wants to show up early can. There are a few TVs in the CC, and lots of outlets, so we'll have that for friendlies until we get the actual odeum. I'll probably be down there at 11am

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
15 minutes away from me, i'll be there

if anyone from wpi wants to train prior, get at me and we'll work it out

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll be replacing my No Tripping codes... Everyone seemed to like the texture hacks, so I'll use those again (not during tourney though).

Top Bottom