• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Woman Forces Son to SMASH Hamster with a Hammer after getting Bad Grades

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
She forced someone else (Her son) to bludgeon a hamster. I'm sure the 15 years is animal cruelty and probably some other charges for forcing her son to kill it. Brutally killing and animal is just terrible and 5 years isn't enough time.

LOL, we've had murderers serve 17 days in jail. Simply arguing that you were too insane to commit the crime that you planned out for months is enough to get you off clean.

Our judicial system is so ****ed up :urg:
This never really works. You may get out of jail if you're really lucky, but they dump you into a mental ward for probably the rest of your life. Anybody crazy enough to murder someone and not understand it was wrong is too crazy to go back into the real world. They don't just let you go free.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is just sad. Killing another living creature just for school grades. I know the grades are important but doing something like that is just too horrible. I wonder how the kid managed to live with her this long judging by her behaviour.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
She forced someone else (Her son) to bludgeon a hamster. I'm sure the 15 years is animal cruelty and probably some other charges for forcing her son to kill it. Brutally killing and animal is just terrible and 5 years isn't enough time.
Iunno man I heard the lethal injection was pretty excrutiating,

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Nah it's cool Alphi, he's coming back for revenge anyway.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Nah man, animal cruelty is 5 years max. They said they were charging her for battery and child cruelty as well. Child cruelty is 10 max and battery is max 6 months.

15 years is too much time in my opinion. It's a hamster, yo.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Nah man, animal cruelty is 5 years max. They said they were charging her for battery and child cruelty as well. Child cruelty is 10 max and battery is max 6 months.

15 months is too much time in my opinion. It's a hamster, yo.
Still, that was beyond ****ed up. The damage she did to her son will probably outlast any jail sentence. She deserves to go to prison for a long time.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
This reminds me of the story about a teacher who wanted the school's sheep or whatever to be killed so the kids could know where meat comes from. I find it disgusting what she did. Forcing the murder of a hamster and tramatizing her own flesh and blood because he has poor grades.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
People need to stop talking about the child being traumatized. Its a hamster, have you never had to set a mousetrap before. You are essentially doing the same thing, except for the hamster is a pet. And your not traumatized from that.

Now, i am not saying what happened is fair, at all. But killing it seems almost as cruel as keeping it locked up in a small cage for your enjoyment.

Honestly, whats going to traumatize this child more is having his mother in jail, and probably growing up in foster care. This is being blown out of proportion, and I don't think there is anyway they will actually sentence her to 15 years.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So there is nothing traumatizing about your mother forcing you to brutally murder your housepet? Really?

And you think that this is the only instance of child abuse the woman has committed? Really?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Insects aren't insignificant!

They're more valuable to the ecosystem than pet animals.
Plus, I'm pretty sure he's living without the hamster right now, although he's obviously going to have a bad memory stuck in his head for a while.
I think I didn't word that right. What I meant by almost insignificant, I mean insignificant to you. I mean if you kill an ant you would care less if you were to kill your childhood pet would you?

Omis

my friends were skinny
People in this thread are so stupid.

Are you seriously saying that this will have no effect on the kid's psyche? How would you have felt if your dad made you kill poor Fido at that age?

highfive

Smash Lord
Woah. Balls off the walls man.

I demand that woman be banned from all pet shops and be sent to a hamster themed rehabilitation clinic for the next 12 years.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
People in this thread are so stupid.

Are you seriously saying that this will have no effect on the kid's psyche? How would you have felt if your dad made you kill poor Fido at that age?
Dog =/= hamster. It's pretty hard to get super emotionally attached to an animal like that, so getting severely traumatized is less likely. And as someone mentioned, the son not having a mother for the rest of his life will be far more traumatizing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A mother who forces her own son to smash a hamster with a hammer is clearly dangerous to have around small children. It is for the child's own safety that the mother be taken away from him. A psycho like her would only keep doing more and more.

Seriously, you can't say somebody that forces their own son to smash a hamster with a hammer isn't a threat to the child. She is a danger to the child, and it is right for her to be removed from him.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dog =/= hamster. It's pretty hard to get super emotionally attached to an animal like that, so getting severely traumatized is less likely. And as someone mentioned, the son not having a mother for the rest of his life will be far more traumatizing.
The issue isn't whether you or I could get "super emotionally attached" to a hamster. The issue is the mental impact this had on the child in question. Maybe you or I could not get emotionally attached to a hamster, but what if this kid did? What if his level of attachment was as strong as any other person's attachment to a beloved pet?

Of course it's going to be traumatic to not have his mother. It won't be for the "rest of his life," unless he's only going to live 15 more years, not to mention that it isn't guaranteed that she'll even serve the maximum sentence.

At issue here is the concern that this woman may be a danger to her own child. And at that point, even though foster care (or living with other relatives) may not be the "ideal" scenario, it may be preferable to having him continue to live with a woman who is dangerous. To use this level of emotional manipulation and control, a method based on physical violence, on a child, it is a cause for concern by the guidelines of this society.

I have friends who were removed from one biological parent and sent to live with another parent, and of course that transition was difficult. But better a difficult transition than...well, further emotional trauma caused by abuse. Kids can adapt to new situations, to life's difficulties, but physical and emotional abuse leaves far worse scars than those caused by destabilization.

Edit: The article doesn't offer enough information, but there's enough there to suggest that the case has to at least be evaluated. I think an assessment of the mother's mental stability is warranted. If she could do some sort of counseling while serving her sentence, who knows? Maybe they could be reunited faster. But I guess it's a common observation that a lot of abusers were themselves abused, and that kind of thing doesn't turn around very easily.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Do you guys still think the stereotype of asian parents being harsh when it comes to grades as true?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Still, that was beyond ****ed up. The damage she did to her son will probably outlast any jail sentence. She deserves to go to prison for a long time.
No, she doesn't. This story just appeals to your emotions because you had a childhood pet, or know someone who did.

If you actually think about it, having your son kill a hamster isn't different than having your son kill a spider. It may be ****ed up because of how the world sees hamsters now, but it's really not that bad. She should get like a year or two.

Grandeza

Smash Master
No, she doesn't. This story just appeals to your emotions because you had a childhood pet, or know someone who did.

If you actually think about it, having your son kill a hamster isn't different than having your son kill a spider. It may be ****ed up because of how the world sees hamsters now, but it's really not that bad. She should get like a year or two.
But it's not about the fact that he killed a hamster. It's about how damaged his psyche must be and how much this can really affect his mental state.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

No.

The kid had the hamster as a pet. That being said, the kid must have grown emotionally attached to the hamster. Even when you're older, having to put down your pet dog or something similar would be difficult and often times heartbreaking. However, in those cases, the dog is usually very ill and the procedure is painless. Now imagine putting down your own pet... with a hammer...as a kid.

It IS different from having your son kill a spider. It's a random spider that you have no emotional attachment too. There's going to be very little mental harm, if any, to the child. That, and insects are generally perceived as disgusting, like what Grandeza said.

I don't think you understand how fragile a child's mind is.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol.

A 12 year old in the western world today is about as fragile as steel.

Also, hammering a hamster's skull is probably equally painless as putting a dog down. The issue here isn't the ZOMG ANIMAL MURDERER, it's the fact that the woman is obviously not fit to be a parent.

As much as I don't care about what happened to the hamster, this is an obvious sign that the woman is an abusive and dangerous parent, and should not be allowed custody of the child.

As someone else said, the trauma the kid will suffer will come mainly from being in foster homes all the time.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No.

The kid had the hamster as a pet. That being said, the kid must have grown emotionally attached to the hamster. Even when you're older, having to put down your pet dog or something similar would be difficult and often times heartbreaking. However, in those cases, the dog is usually very ill and the procedure is painless. Now imagine putting down your own pet... with a hammer...as a kid.

It IS different from having your son kill a spider. It's a random spider that you have no emotional attachment too. There's going to be very little mental harm, if any, to the child. That, and insects are generally perceived as disgusting, like what Grandeza said.

I am 14 years old, don't give me **** like that. I don't know what a child's mind is like my ***. I know about that more than almost everyone on this site.

I don't care what the trauma is. That should not factor into the jail sentence for animal cruelty. Perhaps for child cruelty, but even then. Like Teran said, foster homes are more traumatizing than killing a pet.

Well the hamster was his pet. A spider is perceived as disgusting(usually) so killing your pet hamster would easily be ten time more traumatic.
So? How does that factor into the jail sentence for animal cruelty?

But it's not about the fact that he killed a hamster. It's about how damaged his psyche must be and how much this can really affect his mental state.
Again, like Teran said, he'll get more traumatized living in foster homes.

I am pretty sure he was saying that he won't affect him much, because it's just like killing a spider.
No, I was talking about a jail sentence and how a judge should rule on the count of animal cruelty.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
what

the

LOL IKR? I'm like O...k.... >< But what can ya do? Some kids just have weird ways of demonstrating their frustrations and "evil" side. I remember this kid at my house was not paying attention to stuff falling around him so I started pushing things purposefully aiming for him and when a heavy metal object landed on him and cut him I felt satisfied. <.< *cough*

and yeah, 15 years is ******** excessive, even if that is the "max". 1 year probation and 100 hours community service at the local animal shelter. Family council and routine check ups from the child welfare board. 'Tis enough.

Grandeza

Smash Master
If you actually think about it, having your son kill a hamster isn't different than having your son kill a spider.
This is what I was responding to. I was not talking about jail sentence. I was saying that your spider example is completely different from what happened here.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I blame the hamster. He should've power-shielded.
Ditto.
You can't be serious.
He IS a snitch. And now he has no mother to take care of him because of it. Hopefully you don't believe he'd be better off w/ a furball that is completely incapable of childcare than a mother who is. True, she screwed up big time, but the snitch'll suffer a lot more w/o a typical family.

No offense but it's just a hampster. I'd be as attached to a furball as much as I am w/ my PS3. If I lost it that's fine 'cause I can get a new one. :samus2:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He IS a snitch.
Care to explain?

And now he has no mother to take care of him because of it.
A mother that is dangerous to her child and most likely will abuse her son more, and chances are, did so in the past.

Hopefully you don't believe he'd be better off w/ a furball that is completely incapable of childcare than a mother who is.
Your babbling makes no sense. Who proposed that the kid would be "better off" with the animal? Furthermore, that mother is just as incapable of childcare as the hamster, considering the facts at hand.

True, she screwed up big time, but the snitch'll suffer a lot more w/o a typical family.
There is no such thing as a "typical family", and judging by the information given, the kid already was lacking something like a "typical family" cause there was no father involved. Furthermore, a mother who abuses her child for bringing bad grades is neither "typical family", nor should it be supported.

No offense but it's just a hampster. I'd be as attached to a furball as much as I am w/ my PS3. If I lost it that's fine 'cause I can get a new one.
And you call the kid a snitch? Good one.

My ex told me about a couple of teens in her school that enjoyed burying kittens up to their neck in the ground and then running over them with a lawn mower. :( Some people are just totally ****ed.
WTF, man?!

Omis

my friends were skinny
@Vrael
Shoot your dog. Shoot him in the face with a 12 gauge shot gun. Look at the wounds inflicted in his face. Observe to tiny fragments of skull collateral around him. Think about how you just murdered your best friend.

Are you so stupid as to think that an experience like that will not traumatize a child?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Vrael
Shoot your dog. Shoot him in the face with a 12 gauge shot gun. Look at the wounds inflicted in his face. Observe to tiny fragments of skull collateral around him. Think about how you just murdered your best friend.
It's not exactly the same thing.

I'm pretty sure the hamster wasn't his best friend. If it were then there are other things to worry about with that kid. Plus, a smashed up face isn't even that big a deal. Considering the violence, blood, and gore in media, I doubt the kid would be too shocked at the minimal amount of blood splattered from the attack, an while the face wouldn't be pretty, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

I mean, I saw a rabbit (I had a pet rabbit at the time), that had had been run over by some vehicle. It was 9 years old and I didn't care at all, I found it quite fascinating actually, since there was a lot of anatomy exposed (I was big on animal anatomy back then).

Likewise seeing mauled birds never bothered me that much, not even a seagull with its entrails hanging out on the beach. I was even younger then.

Of course what I described isn't the same thing but still, the kid smashing the hamster isn't the main problem here.

Top Bottom