• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The thing is theres nothing impressive about a laser eye, I mean how would he activate it? By blinking? besides why do all the space animals have to have lasers? just make him 100% melee-based moves and he will be far diferent from the rest of the space animals...

Blazer

Smash Ace
So we have the assist trophies now... Is Wolf still suited for Brawl or will he become an assist trophy and ruin my hopes?

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Okay, even though the only Starfox game I've played was Assault, I just want to say that Wolf has a good chance of appearing in Brawl. One being that he's fox's rival and is considered a villian, (Smash needs more villians) yet not exactly what you'd consider evil. As I recall he helped Fox out when Corneria came under invasion by the Apariods, so seeing Fox fighting beside or against him would be ideal for Brawl. And I also noticed on the preview/trailer for Melee it shows him and Fox battling eachother in their Starships, so that might be of some hint, cause after all, Metaknight and Pit were trophies in Melee, now they're actual playable characters. I sure hope that he makes it as a playable character and not an AT (Leave the characters like Slippy or Peppy for that!)

Master_Pig

Smash Cadet
Haha, in Starfox 64 at first glance I thought Wolf was a mouse. But then my ignorance caught up to me and I realized his name was Wolf. :laugh:

I agree with the thread creator at how some people love playing the villains, as I am one of those people. I've always fancied the villains over the heroes even outside of videogames. I think the starfox series needs a villan rep as well.

As for his moves, I think he'd be a little more powerful than his rivals. His physique is a bit bulkier compared to other characters so I thought his physical moves would be a little slower and pack more punch.

For his final smash, I don't really know what abilities he has. Has he shown anything ultimate in Starfox Assault? I'm not sure since I haven't played it. There is still a lot of thinking to do concerning it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wolf at least has a chance, Sakuraid did say he whanted more villains, and Wolf is the only possible choice as a Star Fox Villain.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The thing is theres nothing impressive about a laser eye, I mean how would he activate it? By blinking? besides why do all the space animals have to have lasers? just make him 100% melee-based moves and he will be far diferent from the rest of the space animals...
"Far different"? Like, his B-moves will be different?

Stryks

Smash Hero
No I mean most of his moveset would be claw based, except for some kicks or something, believe me I don't want more laser shooting space animals...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
.... I've state my reasoning in other topics about how I do not think Wolf can get in, but....I think I'm going to try to get him a good original moveset. Not now, but soon.

If I can give freaking Wobbuffet a moveset, I should be able to make something good for Wolf, I know I can! >_<

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Oh wait, here it is. Wolf's standard attacks aren't claw attacks, but instead prefers to use knife combat. His moves are based around timing though.

*Wolf does not have a special move that aids him in recovering. Instead both his normal jumps are aided by the use of the jetpack from Star Fox Assault.

Neutral B: Wolf takes out a gattling gun similar to the one that is available for Starfox Assault. The move is actually much like Wario’s Wario Waft, in that it charges over time. Basically, if you use it at the start of the match, it can only keep of a spray of fire for a little bit. After a minute or so, the stream of fire gets longer. This power can be conserved, so if you saved up a lot, it all doesn’t go to waste if you use it a little bit. It fires with the constancy of a super scope, but lacks the ability to charge up a single power shot.

Forward B: Wolf makes a lunge forward, turns invisible for a second, and then appears a shot distance in front, grabbing any opponent, and then slashing them with a trench knife. The move is difficult to aim, because Wolf has to hit his opponent right where he becomes invisible, so the player has to judge the positions correctly. Because it works like a grab though, an enemy can’t block it, so it is very effective if timed right.

Up B: Wolf takes up a sniper riffle which he then sits down, with and aims, seemingly into nothing. While he is doing this, crosshairs appear around a the lowest numbered character, but the crosshairs can be toggled to another with the control stick. Wolf is extremely vulnerable in this state, and if he doesn’t have cover, or enough distance to get away, he’ll probably be hit. The justification for this all though is that when Wolf presses B again, after the sniper cross hairs are locked on, the attack will go off instantly, and cause a serious amount of damage. Even blocking is risky, as it pretty much eats through the shield. The sniper rounds take awhile to reload, so the Wolf user should probably get out of it before the opponent comes back for revenge. It’s best use is in a team battle, and in one on ones, it’s very difficult to pull off.

Down B: Wolf rolls several tiny bombs across the ground, which after half a second, make tiny explosions across the ground. An opponent can be tripped by these if hit, but they are easy to jump over. They are excellent for edge guarding, if the user’s timing is good, as they will roll of edges.

Final Smash: Wolf’s sniper mode goes hyper! Wolf disappears from the screen completely, and for a short time, there is a wolf shaped cross hair emblem that emerges from the center of the screen. (with a eye patch of course) The joystick controls where the crosshairs go, unlike the automatic toggle from the up B move. Wolf can fire about one round per second, and each shot is about the same as his normal move. With better reload speed, and invulnerability, the people this is used against will have to run for their lives to get away.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I have made a possible moveset... though only B moves. I don't think the A moves would be that hard.

Up B: Jetpacks Left, Left/Up, Up, Up/Right, Right. No charge up like Fire Fox. Gives a little warning of ignition. 8-10%

B: Energy Drainer-Fires a beam about Double the length of Links hookshot. Does 1 damage every second, also lowers the amount of available shield by a little a second. If hits shield directly, lowers shield at a 1/4% a sec pace.

F B: Sniper Rifle- Fires a single laser or projectile shot with fast speed and medium knockback straight forward. Medium Lag and start up. If done in the air, the shot is much less accurate and can go different directions at random. Reflects of Surfaces. 10-13%

Down B: Stun Mine-Drops a mine that can be activated using Down B again. The Mine Paralyzes for 1.5 sec and does 5% using a ray that projects 1 ft left and right and 5ft up.

I tried to make them as original as possible, but still keeping to the character. Tell me what you think. If i get good results I will make a full moveset.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No I mean most of his moveset would be claw based, except for some kicks or something, believe me I don't want more laser shooting space animals...
yes but strkys, sakura will see starfox characters as LAZER PEEPS. having one of thoese characters without projectiles would feel not right, like all of starfox has weapons and stuff, why would one who loves weapons like wolf,not have some link of weapon.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Wolf uses lasers, and has no claws, so it makes no sense to not give him such. That's why it's hard to think of anything good for him that hasn't been done. (I tried my best. ;_; )

Still, even if Wolf has no claws, that doesn't mean he can't use a army knife. >:3

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I think my moveset is pretty different. That doesn't mean it's any good though.

btw, it won't let me edit it. The Energy Drainer lasts until you release B.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
The perfect Wolf Moveset was already created on Page 60. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1756667&postcount=900

Cool picture, huh? Well I am gonna add something to it. Imagine this, a metal glove complete with five claws with the ability to spin strapped onto the Wolf's left paw. He would be as heavy as Mario, but have some stun resistance. Afterall he is strapped in leather.

Dash A: Wolf dodges into the background and holds out his claw, clotheslining his oppenent as well as dodging any attacks. If the oppenent dodge rolls, both Wolf and the oppenent will collide and be knocked backwards. Slight delay afterwards so Wolf cannot spam the move.

A: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist
AA: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist, and then raises his knee to face level with his leg bent at a 90 degree angle with his foot pointing at the enemy before slamming his boot down in a circular pattern knocking the oppenent away.

Toward A: Swipes with a horizantal claw

Down A: Crouches down with hand splayed on the floor. A press of A will cause Wolf to throws an uppercut (while still coruching) with his metal clawed hand sending the oppenent upwards if he/she is close or away if the oppenent merely hits the edge of the rising claw.

Up A: Wolf leans back and plants his clawed hand into the earth as he does a vertical split. If his metal boot connects with an oppenent in the air it sends the enemy straight up with stun.

Smash A: Wolf takes one step forward with a metal boot and throws his elbow behind his body with his metal claw poised forwards. The claws start spinning and spin faster as long as the smash is held. When released Wolf launches his claw forwards into his oppenent who his caught in the spinning blades which rack up damage before being spewed backwards in a straight trajectory.

Down Smash: Wolf slams his spinning blades into the floor and revloves his body so his drill claw goes around in a circle. Dust spews forth. Fast attack with unimpressive knockback but good for clearing space.

Up Smash: Wolf twists his body at the hips with his claw resting behind a metal boot. Then he leaps slightly in the air twisting his body so his face looks at the screen. His claws spin as his arm revolves around his body quickly turning Wolf into a spinning blade. Then Wolf falls to the ground where he lifts himself back onto his feet. Startup time and lag but has range and good knockback. Shoots oppenent in a random direction.

B: TARGET Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's toward B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B: DEBRIS MISSLE Wolf slams his drilling claw into the floor before bringing it back up. A cylinder of floor material (depending on stage) will be wedged between his claws. A press of A will turn his spinning blades on which would propel the cylinder wedge outwards like a missle with dust trailing in its wake. If Wolf is in target mode Wolf's claw with the cylinder inside will always be pointing toward the oppenent.

Toward B: SMOKESCREEN Wolf does a flip as he pulls out a metal sphere complete with blinking neon lights for futristic appeal. He presses a button on the top and it explodes into a cloud of sinister red smoke that covers Wolf. At this an angle could be chosen as long as it is going forward. Wolf launches out of the smoke with his body revolving and his claw pointed outward and spinning like a drill. Goes through oppenents and sends them slightly backwards away from Wolf.

Up B: FULL MOON Wolf jumps straight upward with his claw held up above his head. If he collides with an oppenent, he grabs them and does an upside down flip, tossing them backwards as he howls. Oppenent's recovery and directional influence after the throw depends on their percentage. If Wolf catches the oppenent at the apex of his jump instead of sooner, then instead of throwing them backwards he will throw them straight down.

Throws

Grabs with metal claw
A: Knees enemy as he growls
Forward: Wolf lifts the oppenent off his or her feet with his menacing clawed hand and then sends a punch toward their gut knocking them back.
Backwards: Wolf throws the oppenent slightly forward, then grabs their foot with his clawed hand and whirls around once before releasing them backwards.
Upwards: Wolf falls onto his back while he holds oppenent, bracing his boots on their chest before kicking upwards.
Downwards: Wolf throws them down and his claw begins to spin before drilling into the oppenent, smashing them against the floor until they pop up and toward the side.

Aerial

A: Wolf swings his claw around his body in a slanted circle.
Toward A: Wolf pinwheels his claw behind his body and then forwards (clockwise) which causes a slash attack. Doesn't hit as far as Bowser or Sheik's claw attack but covers alot of area.
Down A: Throws a smoke bomb downward from his belt. It explodes when it hits a target. Minimal knockback, low damage but smoke lingers for a few moments.
Back A: A full backwards roundhouse as Wolf growls
Up A: Wolf holds his spinning claw upwards similar to Link's Up A.

*I want to Credit Crom for helping me with the Target special and also for the inspiration of having that special move effect any projectile Wolf can fire (like Crom's proposed missle idea).
*Crom and Sonicthehedgehawg both helped me fine tune the Up B special to make it less broken
*Changed back aerial to differentiate Wolf more from Fox. Proposal by Crom.

Feel free to give any suggestions that would improve the moveset.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I really don't like that moveset, but that's just me. Also, Wolf doesn't have claws. I know that for certain in the more recent games.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
My main problem is that it doesn't seem very Wolf ish to me. I'm mainly looking at the B moves. I think he should use more equipment.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He could just have a different fighting style; it's not that difficult. Everyone in the game has a different style. Fox and Falco's are kind of like academy style fighting. Very particular timing and precision and whatnot. Everything is disciplined. Wolf could have more of a dirty playing style, like he would because he's a villain. We really haven't had any of that kind of fighting yet. It'd be cool to see.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
He could just have a different fighting style; it's not that difficult. Everyone in the game has a different style. Fox and Falco's are kind of like academy style fighting. Very particular timing and precision and whatnot. Everything is disciplined. Wolf could have more of a dirty playing style, like he would because he's a villain. We really haven't had any of that kind of fighting yet. It'd be cool to see.
I do agree with that. I do think he should use more weapons though. I mean that is what a villain would do anyway, use anything in his arsenal to win.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Which is exactly why he should be the first knife fighter in Brawl! :chuckle:

I'm starting to agree with Wizzlecroft. It's true that Wolf has no fighting style to fight off in the first place, but the drill arm seems a bit to much of a stretch. Or maybe it's just me really wanting to see a knife fighter....Knife fights are cool, don't judge me. :psycho:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Which is exactly why he should be the first knife fighter in Brawl! :chuckle:

I'm starting to agree with Wizzlecroft. It's true that Wolf has no fighting style to fight off in the first place, but the drill arm seems a bit to much of a stretch. Or maybe it's just me really wanting to see a knife fighter....Knife fights are cool, don't judge me. :psycho:
Link has a knife...It's really long and magical and banishes evil wizards to another dimension, but it's still the same thing.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
lol, well that moveset does seem a little over the top and pointless in some areas. I mean i think always looking at you opponent would be a hinderence. No back air lol, i would probably never use it. The missile of debris seems very very over the top and something I wouldn't see him doing. The smokescreen is unneeded especially since the smoke will say where he is and it does the same thing generally. The "Full Moon" is just dumb to me. I think it makes him seem too much like a werewolf lol. Also it's very over the top.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The moveset is ok, but Wolf really is a dirty fighter, also his taunt would have something to do with that. Wolf has Honor however, much like Fox...This is discovered is SFA. This would be more based off the SFA StarWolf, thus his special eye might be used (laser lol). But he also has different things that could be done, overall more weapons he should use. Although Biting someone should be coincidered, he is a wolf after all.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, I think biting would work and he should use weapons i think. That's why my moveset had them lol. Either way though, if he gets in i'm happy.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why not, I still would rather Krystal got in too, but i'm gay for Wolf.
As long as he had a different moveset to Fox, i'd be happy.

bored

Smash Ace
I hate to say it but.. I would give up falcos place for wolfs in a heartbeat.... *waits for flaming*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i think before wolf would get in, krystal would get in so if there is any chance of wolf being in then krystal would be in as well giving brawl 4 characters

chansen

Smash Lord
If you guys want some heated Wolf vs. Falco making it into brawl, you should check out the falco in brawl thread, it's getting pretty heated over there.

Wolf O' Donell FTW!

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Recently just got to playing Starfox: Assault again, and I finally unlocked Wolf. He's actually a pretty fast character with running, but doesn't have very good jumping capabilities. That can be something taken into consideration about him for his moveset...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wolf is no such thing really. He's about the same size, and fights with weapons. Not like a barbarian at all. Seriously though, I really think it all boils down to Falco vs. Wolf. If one gets in, the other is out.

Then again, Wolf could just be alt costume...but for some reason people hate this idea. (I'm just saying only use it if there is no space.)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Recently just got to playing Starfox: Assault again, and I finally unlocked Wolf. He's actually a pretty fast character with running, but doesn't have very good jumping capabilities. That can be something taken into consideration about him for his moveset...
i don't think that the stats from starfox assault(good game) r gona be the same, u mite b rite but in assault falco had more speed than fox. wasn't that weird, anyways u did say it can b taken into consideration, so i'm guessing that u were thinkin the same thing i am, if not aw well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom