• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer

Smash Ace
That would be awesome if he had his own special arwing thing with Star Wolf instead.

What level would he have though? His stage obviously can't consist of jumping off Wolfens or something for platforms, that'd be weird.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
What about on assult when you are on the edge of the wolfen and you are flying around. They would move around corneria. They could do something to the same effect as rainbow cruise or icicle mountain and to get to the higher elevations you have to jump on to a wolfen and there would be those giant bugs in the background shooting at you along with r-wings and wolfens.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's space station from Assault would make a nice stage. There would a battle going on outside, and the ships in the background would be shooting/crashing into players as they fight.

Also, The remixed score of the Starwolf theme from Assault was pretty sweet! I really hope they include that in the game! if not for Wolf's stage, at least for ONE of the Starfox ones...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
You're thinking of Sargasso. And yes, Wolf's latin-infused theme from Assault was basically the best thing about that game.

Also, whoever said steel claws'd bea good idea needs to read up on the mess that was Vexx. Steel claws, while cool on paper, do not a good character make. ;)

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
^^^
You're thinking of Sargasso. And yes, Wolf's latin-infused theme from Assault was basically the best thing about that game.

Also, whoever said steel claws'd bea good idea needs to read up on the mess that was Vexx. Steel claws, while cool on paper, do not a good character make. ;)
it wasn't the type of weapon that caused lousy gameplay, its the lousy gameplay that caused the lousy gameplay.

besides, wrong genre anyway.

I can think of examples where characters with claws were awesome; case in point, Wolverine in Marvel vs. Capcom. always middle to top tier.

anyway, back to Wolf, the idea of him having claws is just a suggestion, if he's in, I doubt he'd have those kind of weapons anyway.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Wolf has metal claws it should not be like Wolverine. Wolf is a rough, heartless mercenary. I think he deserves a large rusty claw on one hand. The main part is a steel glove while the ends are three (or four) thick claws. This way the set of three thick claws can spin and act like a drill. That would make an excellent forward Smash.

Wolf pulls back his massive glove, the claws start spinning and then he thrusts it forward.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was thinking on some claws like that similair to the street fighter guy with the mask, dont know if u know which one, anyway the claws will be far more sorter just about and inch and a half long, and in both hands, I like the drill idea but doubt sakurai would think about that...

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
the drill thing sounds good to me! I just wonder what other ways Wolf could be made drastically different from Fox... its probably cause its really late, that I can't think of anything else lol.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
1st. Sargasso would make a killer SSBB stage.

2nd. What if Wolf had, like, Spiked gloves or something? That would be sweet. Also, grenades would totally fit Wolf IMO.

RDK

Smash Hero
Stryks, the Street Fighter character you're thinking of with the claws and mask is Vega, I believe.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...He should have a claw based moveset but I think his claws should be natural and not fake IMO. I do think he should have a gun though. It fits with his theme better. And a good ranged attack never hurt anybody...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Obviously, Wolf would play similar to Fox or Falco, but he should be different, to be sure. For one thing, I think he should be slightly more powerful than Fox, since he seems bigger in size in the SF games (keep in mind, I've never played Assault, so I haven't seen him outside his ship, if he does it in that game).

I see him having a mostly close-range moveset. Claws would mix it up, so maybe that is good. I think he would have a bigger gun, actually, than Fox. I really like the sniper rifle idea, with the reticle you move around.

I think he would be the heaviest of the three, Fox being the medium, and Falco being the lightest. But that's just me.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Obviously, Wolf would play similar to Fox or Falco, but he should be different, to be sure. For one thing, I think he should be slightly more powerful than Fox, since he seems bigger in size in the SF games (keep in mind, I've never played Assault, so I haven't seen him outside his ship, if he does it in that game).

I see him having a mostly close-range moveset. Claws would mix it up, so maybe that is good. I think he would have a bigger gun, actually, than Fox. I really like the sniper rifle idea, with the reticle you move around.

I think he would be the heaviest of the three, Fox being the medium, and Falco being the lightest. But that's just me.
obviously you forgot sakura said charcters will be original=NO CLONES

He needs a machien gun,not metal claws

Stryks

Smash Hero
Koarin I dare u to find where he mentioned that, he never said there will be no clone, 0, nada...

And how is having a machine gun not making him look like a clone? koaring just because machine guns are TEH PWNZO0R!!1!one doesnt meant it has to be implemented, give him a claw moveset, and it will SHATTER the "wolf will be a fox clone" statement, and would make him WAY more original...

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if there will be clones or not, hasn't been confirmed either way. Likewise, we also don't know if Wolf will be a clone or not. It would be really funny if Sakurai got real lazy and made 2 clones of the same character (meaning, Falco and Wolf both end up being clones of Fox). That woud piss me off, though

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
obviously you forgot sakura said charcters will be original=NO CLONES

He needs a machien gun,not metal claws
Obviously you forgot Sakurai said he didn't want any traditional guns in the game. ;) That's why Snake is mostly stickin' to explosives.

Though I thought Sakurai just said he wanted to step away from clones? Probably just won't be that many this time around.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah he can have a gun too, but having a 95% claw-based moveset (the other % being kicks or something) would make him a complete melee based character, and by giving him a gun, he would just seems like another space animal...

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...but he is a space animal. I can see what you mean about the melee based character though. Kinda like the way Captain falcon and Ganondorf are. He should be able to knock projectiles back at his opponents with his claws...if he doesn't get a gun.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I think his gun should be a samus-esque blaster. like a small charge he has to build up to fire, though no where near as strong as hers. It would be neat if his combat was more like kung fu or jeet kune do.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah he can have a gun too, but having a 95% claw-based moveset (the other % being kicks or something) would make him a complete melee based character, and by giving him a gun, he would just seems like another space animal...
dude,like mantis, said HE IS A SPACE ANIMAL!!!
so he is bond to have SPACE ANIMAL WEAPONRY,

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok let me rephrase that: another space animal WITH A GUN...

I dont recall that all space animals have to have a gun of some sort, so by making him claw-based, it will bring a diferent style of play into the space animals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom