• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, it'll pickup somewhere in the middle. So there is a sequel, which was my point. The latest game wasn't the last, meaning the deaths weren't because of the desperation to wrap things up. They were also only optional, so I bet none of them count except for Andross and Pigma. So Wolf hasn't killed anyone, he isn't "pure evil" like Andross and he is a rival more than a villain.

D

Deleted member

The endings are the end of the story but the next game picks up in the middle and won't pick up after the endings, so they're not the end of the story at all.

D

Deleted member

I doubt that, it's all speculation anyways. We don't know if Wolf has killed anyone, so let's not jump the gun a bit. The chance that Wolf killed someone is inert.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Star wolf will definitely kill someone in brawl. He definitely should be in, it's not like peppy can do anything. He shouldn't be a clone of foxx or falco though, because he is their rival. Def on for brawl, and andross has no chance.
Not to sound mean, but this has been corrected many times I believe.

Star Wolf is himself and his team... We don't call Fox McCloud, Star fox, do we?

Wolf O'Donnell is his name.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I too get annoyed when others call him Star Wolf.

I wouldn't mind Wolf being in Brawl. It sounds like a good idea. I would rather have Krystal though. Having both would be even better.

Deathborn

Smash Rookie
I'd like Krystal,Wolf,Leon and Panther. Then a Star Fox VS Star Wolf battle could take place(if at least six can fight each other at the same time) on The Great Fox or why not in Corneria City?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Doesn't change the fact that Star Fox isn't his name at all. If you don't like him having a last name, then simply call him Fox. Don't refer to him by his team name.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
those move-sets seem too similar to fox and falco IMO. i know that he'd still end up as a vastly different when you play him, but i'd prefer to see more individuality which is why i'd also prefer krystal. she just SEEMS to have more potential with the magic and the staff....but, we'll see...

D

Deleted member

He'll be called Wolf in the game, thinking about it now. StarWolf's still cooler...

Blazer

Smash Ace
Star Wolf may sound cooler but just 'Wolf' is more correct. Do we want to be correct or sound like 5 year-olds?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok can we just leave the STAR Wolf/Wolf thing alone?...
Ok so any Ideas for a Wolf stage? I dont have many ideas, but the stage MUST have the star wolf theme...

D

Deleted member

StarWolf doesn't make the ones who say it sound like five year-olds. Although Wolf is shorter and more precise, so is more suited for SSB.

I'd like the SF64 stage where you fight them last, with the two teams facing off in the background. The thing in the middle that opens up (sort of like an orb half buried in the ground) could open up and shoot all sorts of natural disasters, with the Wolf/Fox teams shooting down at you while you fought on the ground. A quick idea.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was thinking of Star wolfs base in Assault, in some way or form, but we can all agree on one thing: we need the star wolf theme!!

wordman

Smash Apprentice
I have been waiting for Wolf since the first smash bros. They did not bring him to melee which made me mad. Wolf is like the throwdest nintendo character below a few others in my book.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Wolf should definately be in. I think he should be similar to fox except maybe some different B moves. Wolf has always been my favourite for the Star Fox games.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Wolf should definately be in. I think he should be similar to fox except maybe some different B moves. Wolf has always been my favourite for the Star Fox games.
If O'Donnell is going to be in Brawl (which I hope he is), he better not be a clone.
They ruined Falco by doing that in Melee, he's one of the best characters in SF64, and he deserved his own moveset. But, that's not what happened.

I'd like to see Wolf have an original moveset, and NOT be another clone of Fox.
His B could be a gun, but at least color it different than red. :) green would be nice.

Make him a complete opposite of Fox, that away, it'd be interesting to see who can play with which character more properly. And I was always thinking about Wolf's uB being a jetpack... heheh. And his Final Smash? Calls his team and they fly along shooting all of the other opponents in the stage.

I can think of plenty more moves for Wolf, but I'm just trying to give you an idea that he definately should not be a clone of Fox, that'd ruin him.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
If O'Donnell is going to be in Brawl (which I hope he is), he better not be a clone.
They ruined Falco by doing that in Melee, he's one of the best characters in SF64, and he deserved his own moveset. But, that's not what happened.

I'd like to see Wolf have an original moveset, and NOT be another clone of Fox.
His B could be a gun, but at least color it different than red. :) green would be nice.

Make him a complete opposite of Fox, that away, it'd be interesting to see who can play with which character more properly. And I was always thinking about Wolf's uB being a jetpack... heheh. And his Final Smash? Calls his team and they fly along shooting all of the other opponents in the stage.

I can think of plenty more moves for Wolf, but I'm just trying to give you an idea that he definately should not be a clone of Fox, that'd ruin him.
Like i said, i want him to be similar to Fox. The B moves must be completely different though. I want Wolf to mainly fight like any character does and not just fight with his gun. Great idea for the Final Smash!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Like i said, i want him to be similar to Fox. The B moves must be completely different though. I want Wolf to mainly fight like any character does and not just fight with his gun. Great idea for the Final Smash!
I think that Wolf deserves his own original moveset, and not be all too similar to Fox. Even different special moves wouldn't do it, he has to be pure original. Why? Cause he's friggen Wolf O'Donnell, a Star Fox character doesn't get any better than that.

The only thing that can be alike is his normal B, because, mainly all Star Fox characters have a freaking gun attached with them xD

But make it different than the gun Fox uses, get a little more original with this character.. you know? It'd definately be a good idea I think :) Nice debate we're having.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I think Wolf should have the gun and it should be a chargeable attack that you have to release right then and there instead of like most of the chargeable attacks where you can walk around with it.Maybe make it fire more shots the longer you hold it?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf should have the gun and it should be a chargeable attack that you have to release right then and there instead of like most of the chargeable attacks where you can walk around with it.Maybe make it fire more shots the longer you hold it?
Another Samus / Donkey Kong / Mewtwo charable B move?
I think that'd make a pretty cool addition to Wolf's moveset.
But to save Wolf from getting too "clonish", he should have to release the shot the moment it charged all the way. Or he could let go of the B button, but either way, he can't walk around with the gun charged.

That seems good. Thoughts?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I personally think it'd be pretty interesting for someone to master Wolf's "instant release" shot. But that way could work as well. All I really want is for him to have an original moveset.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I just want to see him get in to be honest.Also, he could be Fox from Melee since Fox appears to be changed a lot, and Falco could remain as he is, more of the original SSB Fox. So there is room for all three and Krystal is unique so yeah.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I think Krystal will be in it for sure, and I really want Wolf too. I was one of those people who was expecting Wolf in the last game (I was expecting Wolf, Ridley, and Ganondorf, and only got 1 out of 3!)

If there could only be 3 SF characters, I'd want Wolf over Falco, even though Falco was cool, and alot of people like him.

Obviously, like everybody else I'd want him to be an original character, but I actually wouldn't mind either if Wolf even WAS a fox clone, especially if Fox is anything like he was in Melee... clone of a top tier character isn't so bad...

The should give Wolf some heavier weapons, like a machine gun, or the gattling gun from Assault, or possible even a rocket laucher or grenades, even though it seems like Snake gets to have all the explosives...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Have u guys ever thought a CLAW BASED MOVESET would fit better to his merciless attitude? seriosuly do ALL the male space animals have to have a gun?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I think that Wolf deserves his own original moveset, and not be all too similar to Fox. Even different special moves wouldn't do it, he has to be pure original. Why? Cause he's friggen Wolf O'Donnell, a Star Fox character doesn't get any better than that.

The only thing that can be alike is his normal B, because, mainly all Star Fox characters have a freaking gun attached with them xD

But make it different than the gun Fox uses, get a little more original with this character.. you know? It'd definately be a good idea I think :) Nice debate we're having.
Interesting discussions. I at least don't want Wolf to fight with only his gun. I want some crazy aerials!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Interesting discussions. I at least don't want Wolf to fight with only his gun. I want some crazy aerials!
That's where the concept of the "hold / charge, no-volunteer release" gun comes along.
That away, people won't use it as much, and it should take some decent time to charge all the way. It'd make a nice edgeguard, but I don't think anyone would use it for any other reasons expect spam crap, and defensive techniques.

Have u guys ever thought a CLAW BASED MOVESET would fit better to his merciless attitude? seriosuly do ALL the male space animals have to have a gun?
No, just most of them :)
Including Star Wolf. If he weren't to have a gun... it'd ruin the idea of SF being in SSBB.
His ariel attacks should have some "clawing" action in them.
Like his fair could be a slash infront of him, similar to Bowser's fb.
Only he wouldn't catch them and start to bite 'em... yeah, that'd be pretty weird.

Just a normal attack, maybe could act like most dairs and send the opponent hurtling toward the ground. And so on an so forth.
I'm almost ready to make up a moveset for him right now :)

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
because its stupid to bring a knife (or claws for that matter) to a gun fight.

No, but seriously, if Wolf used his bare fists or claws that would be cool. But would be even cooler if they were cybernetically enhanced steel claws, or something like that. and his eyepatch, which for all intensive purposes could be another cybernetic implant, should do something.

Stryks

Smash Hero
the guy lost his eye, im bettin that cibernetic patch is so we dont c the internal part of his skull, or so I think, anyway yeah give him some metallic claws, and we'll have our very own wolverine in smash, only thing is wolf is a tad more merciless IMO :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom