• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well remember assault was released after melee, so if anything falco should have had melee speed in assault, not the other way around...

Even tough hes fast, I rather have him as a slow character, im tired of fast space animals jumping around firing laser, how about some originality for once?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure fox will get nerfed pretty badly, if u can see by the 15-sec mini trailer, hes not a fast faller anymore, hes fall rather slow, and I hardly doubt the shine is gonna stay the same, since its the cheapest move in the game IMO...

Wolf FTW!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude the best character are bound to be nerfed:

Fox will IMO be slower and the shine will be nerfed, in a way it will either not be cancelable, takes lag to start, or has no stun...
Marth will lose the tip thing, get lower speed and no more spikes
Falco will have a new moveset entirely

Just because EVERYONE uses the shine it doesnt mean its gonna stay the same, I bet its on the top of to be nerfed list...

U main fox (im guessing) so thats why u want the shine to stay the same, and I bet every fox user agrees with u, point is its one of the cheapest moves even if u say it isnt and wil lsurely be nerfed, but of course nothing is certain...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Dude the best character are bound to be nerfed:

Fox will IMO be slower and the shine will be nerfed, in a way it will either not be cancelable, takes lag to start, or has no stun...
Marth will lose the tip thing, get lower speed and no more spikes
Falco will have a new moveset entirely

Just because EVERYONE uses the shine it doesnt mean its gonna stay the same, I bet its on the top of to be nerfed list...

U main fox (im guessing) so thats why u want the shine to stay the same, and I bet every fox user agrees with u, point is its one of the cheapest moves even if u say it isnt and wil lsurely be nerfed, but of course nothing is certain...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/fox.html

If you look at the image of Fox using his shine/reflector in brawl, you will see little blue sparkles, the same sparkles that do the stunning in ssbm. The shine hasn't changed a bit, as far as I can tell. as for falling slowly, I took a look at the video, he looks like he's falling at his usual break-neck speed, he just did a double jump at the end, thats why it looks slow.

Anyways, Wolf for brawl!

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/fox.html

If you look at the image of Fox using his shine/reflector in brawl, you will see little blue sparkles, the same sparkles that do the stunning in ssbm. The shine hasn't changed a bit, as far as I can tell. as for falling slowly, I took a look at the video, he looks like he's falling at his usual break-neck speed, he just did a double jump at the end, thats why it looks slow.

Anyways, Wolf for brawl!
thnx chaos, now i don't have to go look myself:laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just because it looks the same doesnt mean it acts the same, and WTH are u talking about? in the 15-sec trailer he did the Upb, hitting bowser in the process, goes straight up and falls at a slower speed...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Just because it looks the same doesnt mean it acts the same, and WTH are u talking about? in the 15-sec trailer he did the Upb, hitting bowser in the process, goes straight up and falls at a slower speed...
I looked over that fall, and compared it to Fox's fall after the fire-fox move in Melee, it is almost exactly the same, I'm not sure where you get this notion from. Fox, as far as i can tell, is going to remain very similar to his Melee self.

strange how this turned into a Fox debate... Wolf for Brawl!

Blazer

Smash Ace
Yes I know, *smacks his revivng self*

Fox, is probably going to be very different from his Melee form if you ask me. So here's a thought I just had, since Falco is pretty much ssb64's Fox, let Wolf be Melee's, and this Fox be different. Of course, I'd rather see an original moveset but you never know...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
He'd make a good assist trophy. He isn't nearly unique enough to be a decent character. Starfox isn't getting four characters, and Sakurai sure as hell won't take out Falco just to replace him with another character of equal importance to the series. That'd be stupid. If any new Starfox character is going to be playable, it's going to be Krystal.

vesperview

Smash Hero

Wolf O'Donnell is the leader of the fictional Star Wolf team and a rival (and possibly an antihero) to Fox McCloud from the Star Fox series of video games. He flies the Wolfen fighter (and the Wolfen II in Star Fox 64), which is more agile and perhaps faster than the Arwing used by the Star Fox team. Although Wolf and Fox are at odds at each other, the exact reason why is never fully explained.

Wolf is a starfox villain both of those things need representation Starfox first of all needs mroe representation as it is quickly becoming one of Nintendo's flagship series with 5 games under it's belt (including Command) and another one in talk for the wii this series is too big for just 2 characters. There were only 3 villains in SSBM and everyone loves to play as a villain Wolf is clearly the most plausable starfox villain (Andross and Aparoid Queen are unfeasable due to their shape and General Scales has no known abilites).

A lot of people have been saying Wolf would be a fox clone well some very clever people in this thread have created some movesets here are some specials (I am up to page 7 in searching)

Kaid's Set of Specials
^B: Booster pack
<B: Homing launcher
B: Machinegun (3 shot burst)
vB: Sniper rife

Ember Joe's Specials
B - TwinCannon Blaster - Drawing a gun similar to Fox and Falco's B attacks, Wolf would have a double barrel style Twin blaster, that would be fairly larger then Falco and foxs. Two consecutive shots would be made, with a pause before the next 2 shots could be made. Thus, the time between shot 2 and 3 would be around 3 times the time between shots 1 and 2. Shots 3 and 4 would have the same time difference as 1 and 2, and onward. Assuming Fox and Falco's damage remains 1% and 2% respectively, Wolfs should deal 5% per shot, with the second shot degraded to 3% on consecutive hits (only if it was the second shot in a twin fire). A similar freeze effect to Falco's would exist, with some knockback, but the time between two shots and the following two would be much greater than between falco's single shots.

SmashB - Canine Crash - A variation of the Fox Illusion, this would a greater lag prior to doing the move, but would cover a similar distance, at a similar speed, and cause much more damage. The move could be modified to grab hold of the first character hit, continueing to move, and bringing them crashing to the ground with him (this could also be used to suicide kill an enemy, further enemies hit after grabbing one would recieve damage, but not be draged down)

UP B - Wolf Pack - A variation of the fire fox/fire bird. A blue & purple gas flame like charge would form below ODonnels feet. Titling back his head, he would let out a wolf howl as 3 coloured silhouettes fade away from his body (similar looking to the trail in Fox Illusion but both purple and blue, fading between the colours). they would then thrust in unison, with the true wolf slightly ahead, with a purple gas jet flame behind him, the others would form a triple helix about him. The charging up phase would do no damage, and would be longer then Fox and Falco's, but with greater damage and area of damage as it travels.

DownB - Convertor - A shield similar to the reflector that instead absorbs damage taken from items and attacking enemies, and converts it into an outward shock blast of 2 times the total damage. The absorbing shield would be red, and the shock wave would be an outward red blast. If an enemy was hit with the shield while attacking, they would be knocked away and the damage from the attack added, if they were not attacking, they would be drawn in, and then sent outward like a projectile, when the blast occurs. Absorbed items would be destroyed.

Now there are two people that think Andross would be better than Wolf, If you run across them and you say the whole he doesn't have a body thing they may show you a picture of what Andross would look like with a body well clever old mr. Vulpine has created a pictture to counter that and to this picture they have no response, use it wisely young Wolf supporters.
I Would Love to see him in brawl but not as a fox clone, that's the problem with StarFox characters, seems really hard to give each a unique moveset.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, the game *does* need more villains definately...
Wolf would make a perfect one.
(Then again, the game needs more female chars too, and Krystal would be perfect for that)

I'd definately like to see him included. (preferably both of them)

I'd imagine his Up B as mentioned before to be electric instead of fiery.
His Down B could be like, a short-range electric shockwave that he emits. It also reflects, but only surrounds him for a split-second and deals damage.
As for B... they could keep the good ole blaster.
For Forward B, I like the sniper/cursor idea (explained earlier) a lot.
He could be faster than Fox, like in Assault, have stronger moves as well but with much more lag (to balance him out)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
i don't think falco should be replaced...i like falco(not as much as i like fox tho) i think my pick would be wolf instead of krystal, its unlikely they'll have both. but* crystals moves could be done with the staff and staff powers, like the earthquake(down b) fire blaster(b) the launching boost thing(up b) and whatever gets left for side b, and her smash attacks and stuff could be done by her smashing the staff on her opponents(like use it as a sword or sumthin), but still, i want wolf in more than krystal, both of them would be nice tho.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
What I hate is that if him and Krystal get in, they'll, like Fox, make them look stupid like in SFC

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Wolf O’Donnell moveset (knife-based)

Wolf would hold the knife back-handed Occasionally Wolf will flip his knife the usual direction when appropriate (during faster attacks ect.). The knife generally deals more damage, with little knockback and range, while kicks give more knockback and less damage

Neutral A (ground)

A: knife slash

AA: knife slash, left hook

AAA: After left hook, Wolf would spin clockwise with the momentum of his last strike to plunge his knife into his opponent.

Dash: Cyclone kick (Wolf leaps just off the ground is such a way that he spins and lands a few kicks while still moving forward, then lands. The kicks have little knockback, and do a fairly small amount of damage, however the comeout time is very quick. It is more a setup for a powerful combo (think Fox forward air attack, but much shorter)

Strong (tilt)

A<>: Wolf swings his knife out in front of him in the manner of the 3rd attack of his standard A sequence. Can be angled

A\/: Foot Stomp Wolf raises a metal-clad boot and stomps it down in front of him. (as if to step on toes, not like the contortion that is C.Falcons up tilt) Useful for crushing the fingers of an opponent in a ledge, or stepping on their toes on the ground

A/\: Wolf delivers a hard upward driving slash with his knife (much like A<> tilt, only rotated 90 degrees to strike upward rather than horizontally)

Smash

A<>: Wolf delivers a hard knee into the gut with his left knee and steps forward. The opponent is very stunned, but not knocked back at all and still on his/her feet as the wind is completely knocked out of him/her; completely open. Press A again and Wolf spins on his left foot, delivering a high-swinging metal-clad right boot to his opponent, knocking him/her back a good distance. Similar to Fox’s forward smash, only no steps are taken, the right foot just swings up and around.

A\/: Wolf drops to the floor. As he drops Wolf slides his feet out behind him for a low slide-tackle kick and stabs the ground in front of him with his knife. The slide kick has the most knockback, but lower damage, the knife stab has high damage and low knockback, useful edgeguard

A/\: Wolf Flips backward to be upside down with his hands on the ground and body crouched tight like a coiled spring while charging, upon release, Wolf’s entire body straitens out delivering a mighty double footed kick sending the opponent skyward. With the kick’s momentum Wolf flips himself back on his feet

Aerial

A: Quick double knife slash

Forward: Wolf summersaults forward, slashing with his knife and kicking as he spins upright again.

Backward: Wolf thrusts his knife behind him

A\/: Two step. Wolf slams down with one foot, then again very quickly with the other, sending his opponent plummeting downward. (similar to an inverted Fox A/\ aerial from Melee)

A/\: Overhead knife slash

Grab/Toss

Hold attack: Gut punch

Forward: Wolf Kicks his opponent away from him as if kicking down a door, then draws and fires his blaster (assuming the blaster is a special move)

Back: Wolf swings his opponent over his head, throws him/her headfirst into the ground and gives a hefty punt before his opponent can get up again sending the opponent flying a distance

\/: Wolf apparently throws a gut punch, but as he punches, he pulls his opponent down with his grabbing hand, Wolf drops to one knee, releases the grabbing hand and crushes his opponent into his knee with a mighty downward elbow

/\: Wolf tosses his opponent into the air (it doesn’t sound like much, but the opponent will be open to a whole variety of other attacks listed above)

Specials (B moves)

Standard B: some variation of the blaster sported by most space animals.

B<>: Knife throw + Lunge: Wolf throws his knife, after a very brief time interval, he lunges to retrieve it. The time interval for the lunge can be shortened by repeating B. If the Knife strikes an opponent or wall, it will stick and Wolf will lunge immediately regardless of normal time interval. In the case of striking an opponent, Wolf will grasp his knife after the lunge and perform a mighty slash. If the knife is reflected (via shine, powershield, or some other method) Wolf must lunge immediately or risk being struck by his own knife. If the player does nothing after the knife is reflected, Wolf will lunge after his knife after the normal time interval. (Think Ike’s aether turned sideways, only the knife acts more like a projectile)

B/\: jet/rocket pack ala SF Assault

B\/: Sniper Stance: Wolf Kneels down and draws a sniper rifle strapped to his back. Once in the stance, the controls shift:
B: Fires the rifle. The shot has low to moderate knockback but is high damage, high speed and induces a tumbling animation to any in the air. Has almost no startup lag, but has some wind-down lag to prepare the next shot. (Intended anti-glider attack)
The control stick aims (only in front to above, cannot aim behind)
A: Wolf swings the butt of his rifle to beat opponents that get too close (cancels stance)
Shield, dodge, roll and jump commands will cancel the stance, but with slight startup lag to replace the rifle on Wolf’s back.
Repeating B\/ will cancel the stance with no extra actions.
Wolf cannot perform a grab from Sniper Stance.
Sniper Stance can only be performed on the ground.

Final Smash:

Wolfen: Wolf has grabbed a smash ball! Wolf’s Wolfen space fighter pulls up in front/below the stage. Wolf hops in, pulls back and in good-old Starfox gaming fashion, unleashes a hail of laserfire onto the stage

I did not post any % for damage taken; I felt it would be getting a little too specific, besides, you're smart enough to get the jist of the moves without fancy numbers.

Feel free to criticize, I'll bet I made more than one mistake making this moveset, and I would be more than happy to correct my mistakes.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
What would be cool if for Wolf's vB it allowed him to switch weapons between a Blaster, a Knife, and a Rocket Launcher. This weapon swap would only effect his B move. For the Blaster, press be repeatedly to fire fast, weak blasts (think Fox's but slower). When he weilds his Knife, press B numerous times and he will swing it at lightnig-fast speeds, but if you hold it he will do a charged swipe with good killing ability. With the Rocket Launcher, Wolf fires a homing missle (think Samus).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Claw-base moveset...

I want at least FOR ONCE a space animal using 100% melee attacks... anyway wolf wont have a knife, snake didnt get one, sakuria said he doesnt want real world weapons...

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I don't know...
Fox's look is always changing, I just didn't like Command's style, all the characters looked best in Assault. Krystal and Wolf especially. They seem to have given Fox his Command look though.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The knife was Pieman's Idea, I assembled the moveset off of his posts, and others that agreed a dirty fighting style would bee cool.

to Stryks: I was seriously considering compiling a claw-based alternate moveset, but I felt a knife was more 'dirty' than a great claw. a claw is badass and all, but it didn't fit the context of what I was making

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ya i think wolf would be more of a knifer or a shanker for those of u who play CS then a clawer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom