• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
as I briefly pondered Wolf's potential awesomeness I can only think of one possible improvement: voice (I know its silly and slightly pointless, but bear with me) Grant Goodeve was ok in assault, but I think the voice of John Cygan would add the final layer of Wolf's complete awesome,

Here is a link to the best sample I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMns1hyeaE&mode=related&search=

I know it's a near-impossibility for a voice actor of this quality to be hired for a game such as SSBB, especially in Japan. it's just one of those wishful thinking things.
Feel free to comment if you like

Edit: on a more serious note. after seeing the Petty Piranha situation, I'm a little worried for Wolf (just a little) as he may be demoted to the status of Adventure mode boss. I personally think Andross would fill that position better, leaving Wolf as the playable one. well, here's hoping:
Wolf for Brawl (not just a boss)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I haven't been in this thread before.. Or I don't think so..

My thoughts.. a bit slower than Fox, more powerful attacks. But similar in some ways.

I hope all 3 of them get in (Krystal, Wolf, Falco) theres more than enough room. If you make a list with all reasonable/most wanted characters of getting in like I did. I came out with a total of 36 keeping in IC, G&W, and Sheik.. Theres lots of room.. But still there are a bunch of others Sakurai wants to throw in.

-Onyx

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's time for this thread to stay a live along with the other great threads.

Wolf For Brawl!. 'cause we all know that wolves pwn foxs(es?).

Shuma

Smash Hero
something like the Star Fox stage of Melee, i think it was Venom or something like that, all my memories concerning Star Fox are blurry.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
You mean the pyramid as the center of the stage, and then some room around it as the stage? With dogfights going on in the background? If that's how you invisioned it, that would be awesome.

Shuma

Smash Hero
That Level was awesome, from the few levels i remember from Star Fox 64 that's the one that i best remember, didn't you have a Dog with glassess as an Ally on that level?

RDK

Smash Hero
didn't you have a Dog with glassess as an Ally on that level?
You're thinking of Bill Grey.

Is there a link to the Wolf movesets in this thread
?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Wolf Movesets

there are a few if you take the time to sift through, in fact there is a link on the page just before.
(I'll see if I can find a few more)

Edit: found a few,
these are the best movesets I can find for Wolf

FangTheFirst made this moveset just recently (its quite good)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=114234

I made this one a month-or-so back, I don't judge my own work (no specials) post #1749
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72210&page=117

this is a really old one, but relatively creative. post #900
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1756667#post1756667

There is also a short list of possible special attacks on the first page of this thread

you're more than welcome to comment/add input/flame/ect.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Ah, that was the level with Bill Grey. It was cool, but it was also a ripoff of Independence Day, right down to Bill's name (Bill Grey was Robert Loggia's character in the film).

Anyway, yeah, that level would rawk. Maybe if you played as Fox, instead of the Star Fox team radioing in, sometimes it would be Bill and his Bulldog and Husky units instead.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I think this is a topic for the stage forum. *goes and makes Katina stage topic*
Anyways, there has to be something that can be discussed about Wolf, anything. like the movesets, possible boss fight music (Ridley has his own, why not Wolf?), appearance; Anything. Heck, Wolf is being more talked about on the Krystal thread than here.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
Personally, I support Wolf because he has a sense of duty, and and does whatever he can to complete the job Andross hired him to do, even when he loses. He's always persevering to finish Fox, and never takes his eyes off of his goal, (Even when he helps Fox out, it's only so Wolf can finish him off himself.) Wolf is Fox's main Rival, and that alone should get him the spot in brawl.

Wolf 4 Brawl Plz!

Edit: You people who support Wolf get over to this thread, stop wasting time at the Krystal thread..

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^I second that!! I tire of these comic relief challenge approaching confirmations! First Yoshi, then Pk Trainer, and then Diddy! What's next, will they scrap Wolf for Slippy? (extreme sarcassm) That **** dumb Smash Dojo website! U better confirm cool villains like Wolf soon before I lose my cool altogether! *shakes fist*

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why do i support wolf? 'cuase i whant to defeat those Arrogant Fox Players with my own Space Animal. Vengeance FTW.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Why do i support wolf? 'cuase i whant to defeat those Arrogant Fox Players with my own Space Animal. Vengeance FTW.
Fox McCloud from the Star Fox Team starring in SSBB. Rated G for G*Y! Coming to you December 3, 2007.

Or......

Wolf O' Donnell from Star Wolf Clan starring in SSBB. Rated W for Wild!!! Coming to you December 3, 2007. WAHOO!

^^ Aha! I believe you know which one will make you salivate in your seat!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We don't have much choice for Star Fox villains. Wolf, General Scales, or Andross. And it's prolly gonna be Andross that's gonna be the SE boss. Which leaves Scales and Wolf. And who actually likes Scales?

RDK

Smash Hero
Wolf is the most likely candidate for a Starfox rep period. He most definetely has priority over Krystal.

Villian > Female

....priority-wise. Seeing as how "Female" character in this case is a subcategory of "Hero" (as opposed to "Villians"), then Villian automatically > Female because we need a baddie from the SF franchise.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Sakurai did say he wanted more females... didn't he say he wanted more villains in, also? And honestly... I'm sure we want a villain over a female...

Then again... if we combine them and make a character....

MEDUSA FOR BRAWL!

EDIT: I forgot about Captain Syrup, one of my favs. Villain AND a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom