• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess Ridley whont be in then, since he's just a Villain from the franchise that rates above Star Fox and it's Growing old, besides i heard this Meta-Ridley is quite popular nowdays...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I think you scared him away.... Also, considering he thinks Zelda and the Prime games are ****... wouldn't pay much attention to him. Carry on, do you think(if Wolf's FS it's using his wolfen) do you think he could control the Wolfen?

Shuma

Smash Hero
But i wonder, are you going to look at the stage from the cockpit? like if you where maining a Stationary turret in a FPS? Or control the wolfen around the stage?

I think the first idea is better.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
you know how all the SF games are played? no? rail shooter, 3rd person view behind the craft looking forward, the stick aims and moves the craft from left to right/up and down within a rectangular portion inside the screen. usually the craft is flying down a trench/canyon type thing. to be implemented in Brawl as a final smash, the craft would have to hover and move about left/right and up/down

just watch video footage if you're still confused: Starfox gameplay

Anyways I'm tired, andwould like at least a little sleep.

Shuma

Smash Hero
.... I've played Star Fox Games. But Obviously the Craft wouldn't move like that... well i don't think so.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Bumpity bumpity bump. Can't have Lord O'Donnell's Thread sink into the Darkness of the 2d page again.

Wolf For Brawl!.

Shuma

Smash Hero
We should make a new Wolf Thread, why?

Well everyone knows that the Ridley thread was closed and it caused and uproar, but that was because the posts where OVER 8000!. Ahem. But it brought more fans to the Ridley thread, maybe it could work for Wolf too?

Also Xianfeng doesn't post a lot here, and we would need to do stuf like add the Moveset index to the first page.

What do you think?

Lord O'Donnell for Brawl!.

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
I really want Wolf to be in Brawl. He's my favorite character from Star Fox series next to Fox. Also I think he's important enough for SF series to deserve a spot in Brawl and I don't care what anyone else says. They could use an arrangement of his theme for his home stage music and the stage could be based of some stage from SF64 or something like that.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I can't think of any purely Wolf O'Donnell themed stages, but there could be some alternate Wolf theme background music for SF themed stages (like Hyrule temple and other stages from melee)

I think something along the lines of this would make excellent Wolf themed background music for Brawl.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I should quote the entire thread here, but that would completely defeat the purpose. But wait, I haven't heard your reasons. Tell us Gypsy Lee, why should Wolf be excluded from the Brawl roster?
Well, I have a good few, but the first and most major one is that he's much less deserving then Krystal (who can offer more to the game and fans than Wolf ever could). Star Fox isn't getting four characters, just no way. Then those that argue that he should replace Falco is just stupid. Why would they replace an already more popular character with someone who has equal to less importance to the same series, can't have a better move set, doesn't offer anything new or different, and probably has a smaller fanbase? And BTW, what the hell is he supposed to do in this game anyway? OZMGS HE'S EVIL!! That's about it. He is the exact same thing as Fox, only a bit buffer and taller. Slippy can bring more to the table than a carbon copy of Fox. Sure, the whole "they can make a moveset for anybody" thing comes into play here, but it doesn't matter because Krystal and Falco both beat him out for a better potential move set. I just think that he comes after Krystal and Falco on the list. So I'm thinking AT or boss right now. He may be playable next Smash, but I honestly don't see anything going for him in any way besides the fact that he's a villain (which suits him for boss status perfectly). Feel free to try to change my mind.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why cant star fox get four? zelda mario and pokemon are sure to get more rep, same with metroid, why cant SF have 4?

Dude seriously are u not open minded or just bring bias arguements on characters u dont think will work?

Juse like we defend on how ridley wil lnot be a bowser clone (will never happen just stick with me here) wolf can become unique, marth and link have swords, and dont play the same, hell Ike and marth look so **** similair yet fight completely diferent...

Claw based moveset and u got uniqueness, and how is krystla more deserving? shes been in 3 games... JUST like Wolf, but wolf is the enemy, and fox has plenty of partners, wolf is the only good possible villain and should be added, and with a claw moveset, say farewell to laser wielding and shine using space animals...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yes, I admit some of my arguments are partly biased, but I was simply replying to chaos' question of why I don't think he should be in Brawl. And Star Fox isn't up there with the likes of Metroid, Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. If Star Fox gets four reps, then F Zero and a few others should have three, which they most likely won't. SF has a wealth of great characters, yes, but that shouldn't be a reason to have four or five in the game, especially when other franchises that are the same size and with a wealth of characters too are only getting one or two. It really isn't biased, because it's just common logic that a game half the size of say Zelda, shouldn't have the same number of PCs. I was stating the reasons I didn't think he should be in, so that doesn't mean they can't be opinionated. Also, don't compare Ridley and Wolf. Ridley only has a fair chance because Metroid needs more reps (Star Fox doesn't) and the only other important reoccurring character next to Samus is Ridley. Also, he's very popular (Wolf maybe popular too, but definitely not on the same level). And above all, Ridley offers something new and unique, being a large flying projectile spamming character. Wolf can't say the same. Sure, you can give him a unique moveset, but does that really matter when everything else is going against him? No. A boss would be just fine.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I really need to post in this thread more.

Star Fox isn't getting four characters, just no way.
he's much less deserving then Krystal
These are basically the only points of your post that I agree on.

those that argue that he should replace Falco is just stupid.
Why is it so stupid to think that a filler character from melee will be replaced in brawl?

Why would they replace an already more popular character with someone who has equal to less importance to the same series, can't have a better move set, doesn't offer anything new or different, and probably has a smaller fanbase?
First off Falco is NOT more popular than Wolf and even if he is Popularity means jack. Second, Wolf is much more important than Falco. Wolf is a rival/villain that is always in Fox's way but if he has to he will help Fox out if it means saving the universe while Falco is just another member of Star Fox who is no more important than R.O.B. Third, Wolf has much more potential for a moveset than Falco. Wolf could easily have a claw based moveset and in fact after he was kicked off the team, Pigma had claw marks on the top off his head, coincidence? I think not.

Why cant star fox get four?
Because Star Fox doesn't deserve four characters. F-Zero has 8 games and almost everyone thinks we will be lucky to get two characters while Star Fox has a measly five games.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
There is more overall representation in Brawl than in Melee, this does not necessarily guarantee a spot for Wolf in Brawl, (just as any unconfirmed character isn't necessarily guaranteed for Brawl) it does however increase the chances of representation. I agree to the point that Krystal gets in first, she does have more going for her.

So, the argument is for Falco vs Wolf (assuming only one of the two will be represented)

Falco: *******
4/5 games **
Ally *
Moveset *
Significance**
has been in SSBM *

Wolf: *******
3 games *
Rival/Villan **
Moveset *
Significance **
has not * (Falco was added last-minute for ssbm, with more time there are more possiblities)

as for fanbase, its too uncertain to pinpoint who comes out on top. Besides, when it comes to developing a game like SSBB, SF fanbase is SF fanbase.

This places Falco and Wolf on an even playing field when it comes to potentially being in Brawl. it is possible for it to go either way.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
You can hardly say Wolf has more fans than Falco. SSBM alone produced twice the fans for the bird-man that he originally had. And I know a lot of people who liked him instantly at their first playing of an SF game (myself being one of them).

And Falco is a bird, which is a ton more different from a fox than a wolf. Of course, the Star Fox series represents different animals differently than they are in real life (or else Falco wouldn't need a ship for battles in the atmosphere, just a power suit or something?) The only thing the Star Fox series lacks is epic boss battles like the Ridley fight in Corruption.

And besides, the sheer amount of popularity generated by Krystal, Wolf and Falco in anticipation of Brawl has more than brought Star Fox further onto the map, I'm sure. If we get one new rep, I think we could get two. Because for the record, Star Fox>F-Zero. That's why it gets more reps.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
But, if they really are on an even playing field, then why would Sakurai take one out for the other? The only reason he would possibly do that is if one was far better than the other. Anyway, I disagree on the popularity part. Although it might be hard to tell from the SF fanbase, you're forgetting that Falco established an even larger fan base by being in Melee. As one of the top characters in the game, a lot of people play him, and a more people are hoping for him to return than Wolf appearing. That would be a steel toed boot to the balls to thousands of fans if Sakurai pulled Falco out and put Wolf in his place.

As cool as Wolf is, I just don't think he should or will be playable. Boss? Great. Assist Trophy? He deserves a bit more than assist trophy status, but if he cannot be made for a fun playing experience as a boss, then he could then end up that way. Overall, I think he'd normally be worthy of a spot if it wasn't for the fierce competition from the other member of the Star Fox cast, and the limitation on characters per franchise. If he was in the same position as say Ridley or Dedede, then he would have a much better chance IMO.

[edit]

Viroxor, Star Fox is not better than F-Zero as far as sales and size and popularity. Maybe in gameplay, but that would be purely opinion. You cannot say that Star Fox should have equal or more characters than Zelda or Mario when it is only a franchise of five or so games. Only one or two of which are any good. Bottom line, if the game has 50 characters, and every franchise got another rep, than yeah, maybe four would be fine for SF. But in reality, it deserves no more than three.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I have to respectfully disagree on the representation part (whether it beats F-Zero in sales or not). You might be underestimating slightly just how many SF fans are out there. Even if they're not too common around here, there are quite a bunch.

And I don't expect it to equal series like Mario or Zelda. Why? Because Mario has been around since, what? 1960-something. Zelda's been going since, like, 1981 or earlier. Star Fox came out in 1993. I imagine once SF gets as old as Mario and is still going strong, it'll be pretty epic as well. And if Smash is still going by then, well, we'll have all four of them for sure anyway.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Because Star Fox doesn't deserve four characters. F-Zero has 8 games and almost everyone thinks we will be lucky to get two characters while Star Fox has a measly five games.
As far as i know, more people play the star fox games than the F-zero games. Besides Krystal is a shoe in, and wolf is worthy to be in Brawl. Also this time the roster will be gigantic, almost if not double the size of Melee's Roster.

4 Fox characters are not a lot, besides if F-zero would get only 1 more Rep is 'cause most of the F=zero characters are just pilots with a cliche story.

Also if it comes to decide between Falco and Wolf, Wolf is more worthy, IIRC Falco was just a filler character in melee, out with the old in with the new.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
As far as i know, more people play the star fox games than the F-zero games. Besides Krystal is a shoe in, and wolf is worthy to be in Brawl. Also this time the roster will be gigantic, almost if not double the size of Melee's Roster.
FYI, F-Zero is by far more popular and played than Star Fox games. Or at least, now it is. Star Fox has lost its luster, and it's golden years have done gone. It was teh pwnzors about seven years ago. While the F-Zero franchise is still going just as strong as it was when it started out. Don't try to feed me false information like that.

4 Fox characters are not a lot, besides if F-zero would get only 1 more Rep is 'cause most of the F=zero characters are just pilots with a cliche story.
OMG, that's like the eptimony of hypocrisy/irony.

Also if it comes to decide between Falco and Wolf, Wolf is more worthy, IIRC Falco was just a filler character in melee, out with the old in with the new.
Now you're just being stupid Shuma. Has Sakurai yet to take out a character and replace it with another? No. Lucas? Well that's a different story. No one is getting replaced for a character unless that character is far more deserving and better in every aspect of Smash.

Shuma

Smash Hero
First than all "feed you false information"? I wasn't even responding to you.

Buy well, i never stated it was a fact i sayd as far as "i" know. Also, Star Fox is still the pwnzors.

OMG, that's like the eptimony of hypocrisy/irony.
I never sayd F-zero should have only 1 more 'rep, i was responding to Numa who sayd most people expected F-zero to have only 1 more Rep.

I would be more than Happy with Deathborn, Pico, and ugh... BS.

Now you're just being stupid Shuma. Has Sakurai yet to take out a character and replace it with another? No. Lucas? Well that's a different story. No one is getting replaced for a character unless that character is far more deserving and better in every aspect of Smash.
Again, you're just puting words in my mouth, i sayd IF sakurai decides that Star-Fox would have only 3 Reps, and he has to decide between Falco and Wolf, he would add Wolf. Why? he was on the poll, he is popular, he is important to the franchise and Falco already had his moment of Glory in Melee.

However i never sayd that Sakurai HAD to change Falco with Wolf.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I like to think that game iclusion/popularity/fanbase does not determine character inclusions in Smash. I've always been of the opinion that if the character looks cool enough, they should be in. Marth and Roy are prime examples of this ideology.

While Crystal's an important character... well...

I'm sorry but Wolf is just WAY cooler. He would also be Fox's ultimate rival. Nothing beats matches like when the ultimate hero faces the ultimate villian ala Link vs. Ganondorf.

So to me, Wolf's inclusion would up the enjoyment of the game overall.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Shuma, my bad. I got you and the poster above you confused.

kin3tic, your logic fails so hard that I won't even comment on it. And BTW, you're the guy who said Diddy wouldn't be in Brawl. If you want "cool" go play Halo or Gears of War. Nintendo's about gameplay you ****ing noob.

Shuma

Smash Hero
you're the guy who said Diddy wouldn't be in Brawl.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

BLASPHEMY!!! SACRILEGE!!! THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!!!!.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I've always been of the opinion that if the character looks cool enough, they should be in. Marth and Roy are prime examples of this ideology.
And Diddy disapproves of that logic. He was, according to you, a stupid and silly looking monkey, who didn't deserve to be in. And look at what happened.

I think Krystal is more interesting, but I like Wolf too. I think both characters should be in, but whatever.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I like Falco better than Wolf or Krystal. But, as Onyx pointed out in the Krystal thread, that doesn't really need to be said, since pictures DO speak louder than words.

I had a feeling Diddy was coming from early on, even though I don't like the DK games. If I wanted a cool character, I would have vouched for that weasel from DK64. I do think Krystal is going to be playable, I'm just about totally convinced of that after sticking around the Krystal thread. But Wolf, while he was originally my first pick for a new SF character, now seems less likely, although I find it totally within the realm of logic that we could get four SF reps. I would say more, but there really aren't any other good ones to include. Maybe Bill as a Fox skin, Katt as a Krystal skin, ect, but beyond that...

If they would just make another really good SF game, it could easily make a comeback. It's got the plot and character potential for another really good game, they just have to do it.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I always felt SF needed more representation.

@Viroxr:

I completely agree, they could easily bring the SF series back. I personally liked SF:Assualt, but it seems no one else did. Oh well.

@Gypsy_Lee:

You actually made an argument against a character without using the phrase: "He sucks."

What's that? 3 times!? Hats off to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom