• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I forgot to say, Wolf might have more fans than Falco since Wolf's Fanbase Rivals Krystal fanbase. There was a poll around here a long time ago.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
kin3tic, your logic fails so hard that I won't even comment on it.
My logic fails but you won't even bother explaining?

That logic fails my sad, poor, poor simian (who ironically supports simians).

you're the guy who said Diddy wouldn't be in Brawl. If you want "cool" go play Halo or Gears of War. Nintendo's about gameplay you ****ing noob
I hate Halo.

I also said Diddy wouldn't be in Melee. My point is that the fact that I made a simple speculation is irrelevant to what games I enjoy.

Yeah, he trolled/flamed the Diddy thread for like two weeks saying that he was a kiddy character and a side kick and wouldn't be in Brawl.
I never trolled. I just kept explaining why I thought Diddy was a poor choice. Flaming is a bit more like what you are doing, ala "go play halo you ****ing noob".

The funny part though, is the bit about two weeks. Try a very boring and rainy day. Lying makes you look pretty bad.

Why is it that my opinion on this is constantly flamed? I'm entitled to belive that Diddy isn't cool just like you can think he is.

IT SEEMES LIKE I'M GOING TO GO TO HELL FOR THIS!!!

But,

Lick me.

BTW I'm actually ver pleased that Diddy is in - now I can break his neck, or slice through him with a sword!

Vali

Smash Ace
My logic fails but you won't even bother explaining?

That logic fails my sad, poor, poor simian (who ironically supports simians).

Lick me.
Your logic fails because how "cool" a character looks is subjective to opinion whereas things like popularity (fanbase)/game importance are objective and if Sakurai was to make the roster based on which characters he thought were cool we might get a very obscure list with lots of random unimportant characters that a lot of people may not particularly like. Would you prefer it if Sakurai included Tingle because he thought Tingle looked cool or didn't include him because he saw that there were other more important characters with larger fanbases from other franchises that he could include?

I won't lick you though, I don't know where you've been. >.>

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Your logic fails because how "cool" a character looks is subjective to opinion whereas things like popularity (fanbase)/game importance are objective and if Sakurai was to make the roster based on which characters he thought were cool we might get a very obscure list with lots of random unimportant characters that a lot of people may not particularly like.
My argument against why I don't like Diddy is because he doesn't look cool.

My argument about why he wouldn't be in is a different story.

You don't know what happened and you're commenting. THat is also logic failure at its finest.

Would you prefer it if Sakurai included Tingle because he thought Tingle looked cool or didn't include him because he saw that there were other more important characters with larger fanbases from other franchises that he could include?
Sure the idea of cool is subjective. But some things are NEVER cool. Tingle's appearance is one of those things, and we therefore don't have to worry about that. Just use your head a little.

Again, to me, fanbase doesn't matter. Popularity builds if a character is cool. It all goes into the same pot of ownage. Coolness leads to fanism leads to popularity. Important characters need to be in. Like Mario. Diddy has many fans, but was it enough for him to go into Melee?

I won't lick you though, I don't know where you've been. >.>
Apperently to hell. BBQ goodness.

All I'm saying is that I don't like the way Diddy looks. Here's the IMPORTANT PART thoguh, boys and girls: I don't think he'll be a terrible character jsut because of that reason. If that's what you have been thinking so far you must be ********. I'm willing to bet he'll be very fun to play, and even have some ownage moves. But looks? I don't think so.

Vali

Smash Ace
My argument against why I don't like Diddy is because he doesn't look cool.

My argument about why he wouldn't be in is a different story.

You don't know what happened and you're commenting. THat is also logic failure at its finest.
Well sorry, I followed the quote link to Gypsy's post which happened to be the post after you said a bunch of stuff about Wolf should be in because he's cooler - hence my explanation. I understood perfectly from your last post that you and Gypsy have some beef over Diddy Kong but it's only your opinion and therefore arguing against that would be pointless.

Was aimed at things like "I've always been of the opinion that if the character looks cool enough, they should be in. Marth and Roy are prime examples of this ideology." for clarity. I very much doubt that was a reason for their inclusion and certainly it it was only one of many.

Sure the idea of cool is subjective. But some things are NEVER cool. Tingle's appearance is one of those things, and we therefore don't have to worry about that. Just use your head a little.
Everything is cool to at least 1 person that has ever existed. People are weird like that. Tingle is very popular in Japan, didn't you know? I bet there's at least 1 person in Japan that thinks the way Tingle looks is cool, probably even cosplays him.

Again, to me, fanbase doesn't matter.
It probably does to Sakurai, or is at least a factor.

Apperently to hell. BBQ goodness.
Sounds tasty, but I think I'll have to give it a miss this time.

All I'm saying is that I don't like the way Diddy looks.
You're entitled to that opinion, sure.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Since I'm bored as hell and since I haven't been showing Wolf the support he deserves lately I'm going to make some possible B moves and a final smash for him.

B- Howl- Wolf Delivers an ear splitting howl that sends a shockwave foward that hurts anyone who gets hit by it.

B up- Pounce- Wolf pounces upward delivering several powerful claw swipes.

Side B- Stun Punch- Wolf dashes a short distance foward and delivers a punch that makes his opponent double over in pain.

Down B- Berserk- Wolf bites his own hand and performs 1 damage on himelf a second but in exchange wolf gets a slight speed and strength boost for every time he takes damage this way. Lasts as many seconds as you perform the move and can only perform ten damage on himelf at a time using this move. Can not use this move again after wolf stops biting his hand until the stat boost wears off.

Final Smash- Eye laser- YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING! Wolf shoots a giant laser out of his eye around the same size as Marios fireball.

Stryks

Smash Hero
UpB upperclaw:
Kinda like a combination of marths and marios upb (KINDA), Wolf will propel himself upward makin slashing all the guys that in their way, the attack will give multiple hits, lacks knockback but does a lot of damage (But if u get hit when Wolf beggins executting the attack, at the very start of the move when u get hit the attack gives high knockback damage, kinda like luigis UPb, tough instead of sending the enemy just upward it will send the oponent fliying forward).
On the ground: Wolf will just do a small hop and execute the attack, will not give multiple hits just the strong one hit I mentioned...

B: Slash Projectile (could use a better name)
This move can be a melee move for close combats but good for long distance as well, would be wolfs only projectile, after executing a powerful looking slash, a "wave" would come out, the attacks has a lot of knockback if hit close, but if the attacks is hit by a far, it will have minimum knockback and damage... (the "wave" would be somewhat similair to kirbys "wave" after hitting the ground using his Upb move)

<>B: Dash claw
Like the name says, Wolf will dash forward and if connects:
(dont know which Idea to implement)
Will give a ferocios slash, his claws slashing from over his head, then straight down doin like an X, bringing the claws down (dont know if I explained myself XD), well point is the attack would have higher knockback the foxs <>B but would lack dash range, Meaning he wont cover as much distance like the Illusion...
OR
If the attack connects, wolf will do to 3-4 hit rapid combos to the oponents, the last hit giving hight knockback and damage...

DownB: Counter-Slash:
Wolf will place himself in a stance where he will wait for the blow, Would work just like marths down B, would take the same amount of time and will give a high knockback atatck after countering and oponents move, the diference would be if wolf gets hit during the time the stance takes, he'll always counter (unlike marth, if he gets hit durin the part of the stance where hes glowing, he'll execute the counter, but if he gets hit when hes NOT glowing, he'll receive the hit)

FS: Wolfen assault
Star wolf will bombard the stage with everything they got, wolf will too jump on his wolfen or will be invulnerable against the SW attacks...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Was aimed at things like "I've always been of the opinion that if the character looks cool enough, they should be in. Marth and Roy are prime examples of this ideology." for clarity. I very much doubt that was a reason for their inclusion and certainly it it was only one of many.
Interesting point,but my comment still stands unclear as it is. What I'm saying is that to me characters should not be in if they don't look cool enough, which is subjective, I know, yadda yadda yadda, my opinion, get over it.. Also it's important to note that I brought up many many more points than just the 'cool factor' for my reasons why I didn't think he'd be in.

I bet there's at least 1 person in Japan that thinks the way Tingle looks is cool, probably even cosplays him.
And that's why our world is doomed.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
UpB upperclaw:
Kinda like a combination of marths and marios upb (KINDA), Wolf will propel himself upward makin slashing all the guys that in their way, the attack will give multiple hits, lacks knockback but does a lot of damage (But if u get hit when Wolf beggins executting the attack, at the very start of the move when u get hit the attack gives high knockback damage, kinda like luigis UPb, tough instead of sending the enemy just upward it will send the oponent fliying forward).
On the ground: Wolf will just do a small hop and execute the attack, will not give multiple hits just the strong one hit I mentioned...

B: Slash Projectile (could use a better name)
This move can be a melee move for close combats but good for long distance as well, would be wolfs only projectile, after executing a powerful looking slash, a "wave" would come out, the attacks has a lot of knockback if hit close, but if the attacks is hit by a far, it will have minimum knockback and damage... (the "wave" would be somewhat similair to kirbys "wave" after hitting the ground using his Upb move)

<>B: Dash claw
Like the name says, Wolf will dash forward and if connects:
(dont know which Idea to implement)
Will give a ferocios slash, his claws slashing from over his head, then straight down doin like an X, bringing the claws down (dont know if I explained myself XD), well point is the attack would have higher knockback the foxs <>B but would lack dash range, Meaning he wont cover as much distance like the Illusion...
OR
If the attack connects, wolf will do to 3-4 hit rapid combos to the oponents, the last hit giving hight knockback and damage...

Counter-Slash:
Wolf will place himself in a stance where he will wait for the blow, Would work just like marths down B, would take the same amount of time and will give a high knockback atatck after countering and oponents move, the diference would be if wolf gets hit during the time the stance takes, he'll always counter (unlike marth, if he gets hit durin the part of the stance where hes glowing, he'll execute the counter, but if he gets hit when hes NOT glowing, he'll receive the hit)
You couldn't think of better Up B and Down B so you had to basically steal them from other characters? Other than those two this is a pretty good moveset. It's wierd how similar our side B moves are.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Numa:

Look at metaknigth:

B - similair to spin attack
side B: goes straight forward ala Illusion
Upb: Similiar to marth's
DownB: type of reflector or counter...

I guess I can have 2 similair moves dont ya think??

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Numa:

Look at metaknigth:

B - similair to spin attack
Do you have any idea how that move is performed or for that matter read the update? He shoots the tornado out of his sword and thats it. He doesn't perform any kind of spin while doing the move.

side B: goes straight forward ala Illusion
You can always tell when people don't read all of the information given to them. In the update it states that most of the side B moves will be some sort of dash attack but they will all have characteristics that set them apart case in point Meta Knights attack TRIPLE dash. Simply by reading the name you can tell it is very different than any other side B move so far.

Upb: Similiar to marth's
At first glance maybe but we have no idea if that is the whole attack.

DownB: type of reflector or counter...
We don't know the specifics of the move yet so for all we know it isn't a reflector or counter of any sort.

I guess I can have 2 similair moves dont ya think??[/QUOTE]

As long as the moves are different enough yes but you basically stole the counter almost exactly and the Up B was basically Maro, Luigi and Marths all rolled into one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- Do you have any idea how that move is performed or for that matter read the update? He shoots the tornado out of his sword and thats it. He doesn't perform any kind of spin while doing the move.

2.- You can always tell when people don't read all of the information given to them. In the update it states that most of the side B moves will be some sort of dash attack but they will all have characteristics that set them apart case in point Meta Knights attack TRIPLE dash. Simply by reading the name you can tell it is very different than any other side B move so far.

3.- At first glance maybe but we have no idea if that is the whole attack.

4.- We don't know the specifics of the move yet so for all we know it isn't a reflector or counter of any sort.

5.- As long as the moves are different enough yes but you basically stole the counter almost exactly and the Up B was basically Maro, Luigi and Marths all rolled into one.
1.- But the ATTACK strikes similair to the spin attack, only upwards instead of on the sides...

2.- The fact that it dashes just like fox dashes with his illusion is the whole point on how I said the attacks are similair, they both dash, thus wolf and marth can both counter, only modified...

3.- True but the 1st part (the par tof screenshot) looks similair to marth, only modified, again the up b of wolf can be a similair attack to marios upb and marths upb, like a combination of both, besides, a rising claw that gives multiple hits is new...

4.- 1sr trailer, it deflects pits arrow, and so far everything from the trailer is true, samus final, u can curve pits arrows, zamus is revealed after FS etc etc

5.- U attack me saying I didnt read the site well and yet u didnt read my moveset correctly, go back and try again, its diferent, similarities yes, but at the end, diferent...

also ur laser eye seems similair to samus FS, should I flame you? no...
Seriously nothing can surpass the HMS so im letting it slide...

symphony x: dude i made that moveset like months ago, seriously Ill even tell ya the date if I have to...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
1.- But the ATTACK strikes similair to the spin attack, only upwards instead of on the sides...
Considering we didn't actually see the attack hit anyone.

2.- The fact that it dashes just like fox dashes with his illusion is the whole point on how I said the attacks are similair, they both dash, thus wolf and marth can both counter, only modified...
Almost all side attacks will be dashes Sakurai said it himself but that doesn't mean they are all basically copies of each other.

3.- True but the 1st part (the par tof screenshot) looks similair to marth, only modified, again the up b of wolf can be a similair attack to marios upb and marths upb, like a combination of both, besides, a rising claw that gives multiple hits is new...
We don't know if that is the whole attack so don't even bring this one up again. In fact if you look closley you can see Meta knight is about to do a flip in the pic.

4.- 1sr trailer, it deflects pits arrow, and so far everything from the trailer is true, samus final, u can curve pits arrows, zamus is revealed after FS etc etc
That doesn't mean it is exactly like all of the other reflect counter moves.

5.- U attack me saying I didnt read the site well and yet u didnt read my moveset correctly, go back and try again, its diferent, similarities yes, but at the end, diferent...
Your up B has no differences and your down B is stolen directly from Marth just better.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I realize it's taken me a long time to respond to this XD...college

Seriously I dont see any characters from SF that arent already in that are more deserving than krystal and wolf, so that part of ur sig fails...
What?

Fox and falco the only rep? u kidding me? the roster is getting like almost twice as big (likely) and we cant add even ONE more SF character? and how is the main hero and the sidekick enough rep for the franchise? by just adding those its like saying every villain fails and other characters fail as well, Wolf should be added cause hes the bad guy, the nemesis of the main hero and as important to star fox series as well star fox...
It is enough rep for the Franchise. Starfox is about as important as Metroid, and Metroid should only get two as well. I wouldn't hate it for Wolf to be in though, I just think there are better choices.

and krystal is the love interest, and one of the few females in the game, she can bring something new to the SF roster, using the staff, meaning no lasers or shines, wolf can easily have a claw-based moveset and thus unique...
Staff !=good moveset, people need to stop using that.. Krystal is just a lame character, that is my opinion, we are entitled to our opinions.

anyway saying we shouldnt add characters just because their villains and females, means that peach, midna, ganondorf, ridley and others shouldnt be added, and now if u want THOSE in then ur just playing favorites...
You're an idiot. My sig states that we shouldn't add characters for the SOLE reason of adding villains and females. It doesn't say "No villains or females allowed." Peach, Ganondorf, and Ridley are FAR more important than Krystal or Wolf.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm a little worried about Wolf's position on the roster, ever since Andross was announced as an AT... Plz don't be a boss wolf!!!!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I think Wolf could be a really cool boss. It could be like the Boba Fett boss battle in Shadows of the Empire. First, you have to take out his Wolfen, then he engages you in person. I don't know how fighting the Wolfen would work. Maybe you pilot an Arwing as Fox?

bored

Smash Ace
No, I would love for Krystal to be in also.. But having Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal in would seem too much.. If anyone is to be dropped it would have to be Falco to change things up a bit.. I'm sorry to all falco fans but I just don't want him taking a spot a character I would like to see in...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I realize it's taken me a long time to respond to this XD...college

1.- What?

2.- It is enough rep for the Franchise. Starfox is about as important as Metroid, and Metroid should only get two as well. I wouldn't hate it for Wolf to be in though, I just think there are better choices.

3.- Staff !=good moveset, people need to stop using that.. Krystal is just a lame character, that is my opinion, we are entitled to our opinions.

4.- You're an idiot. My sig states that we shouldn't add characters for the SOLE reason of adding villains and females. It doesn't say "No villains or females allowed." Peach, Ganondorf, and Ridley are FAR more important than Krystal or Wolf.
1.- either ur impersonating stone cold or u realyl didnt understood which is odd:

"I dont see any SF character...": slippy, ppepy, wolf, krystal, fox, falco, scales, pepper, etc.
"who are already in [smash]": fox, falco *not confirmed but see no real reason to which he shouldnt be in, seeing how he wil llikely get decloned
"that deserve the shot more than krystal and wolf"

In other words wolf and krystal are the more deserving character to be in smash, witout counting fox and falco obcourse...

2.- what better choices can theyre be for a SF characters other than the most reocurring character??

Metroid is BOUND to get more rep this time around, we already got 2 metroid characters, and sakurai HIMSELF stated he wants to better represent that franchise, I dont see how 2 characters is a good rep number...

and SF, even tough not as popular as other franchises, has been represented since the 1st smash, and got an extra rep in melee, why can it get more rep while other series like FE and DK are getting more rep (FE is bound to have more rep)

3.- Opinions =/= facts
and at the end its what matters, FACTS
I can say sonic is a good for nothing blue porcupine which games sucks tremendously since he has gone 3d and doesnt deserve to be in, does that opinion affect his chances? no, cause fact of the matter is people have been asking for sonic since day one, is the most wanted 3rd party, and has a big chance...
BTW I support sonic...

4.- Oh yeah cause ur sig doesnt fail does it? DUH zelda, ganondorf and ridley are more important... IN THEIR RESPESPECTIVE FRANCHISES, its like saying link aint popular when im comparing him with mario...
fact of the matter is that krystal and wolf are very important to their series, STAR FOX, wolf is the reocurrin villain and the Star fox and Star wolf fight is now one of the best parts in the SF games...
Krystal has major roles in the games, like in command and adventures, unlike other characters like falco and slippy who are just theyre to help out, or to be HELPED put, nothing more...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Why do people find it so hard to believe that 4 SF characters are gonna be in? It's one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, right up there with Mario and Zelda. Everyone over the age of 5 who plays video games would look at Fox and say "Oh, he's from Star Fox." In fact, I knew his name before I knew Link's. Mario, well, everyone knows who Mario is.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf could be a really cool boss. It could be like the Boba Fett boss battle in Shadows of the Empire. First, you have to take out his Wolfen, then he engages you in person. I don't know how fighting the Wolfen would work. Maybe you pilot an Arwing as Fox?
NO, Wolf as a boss would piss off alot of folks on this thread, as he deserves no less than playable character status, so him as a boss or AT is unacceptable.

and honestly, I would like for there to be 4 Starfox characters, but I am doubtful that that would happen, since as of yet, Starfox hasn't been more important (financially lucrative) than Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well maybe we could change that if Nintendo would actually do another dang SF game instead of handing it over to friggin' Namco.

Besides, sales don't make it less important.

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
wolf for brawl definatly
andross has no chance since hes already an assist trophy

black Knight vs. ike best match ever XD

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, it's been pointed out that the AT'd Andross was simply his robot version. There's still chances for the real Emperor of Venom to appear as a boss, but I hold little hopes for Andross as a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom