• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Smash Ace
Wolf is the most likely candidate for a Starfox rep period. He most definetely has priority over Krystal.

Villian > Female

....priority-wise. Seeing as how "Female" character in this case is a subcategory of "Hero" (as opposed to "Villians"), then Villian automatically > Female because we need a baddie from the SF franchise.
What he said!

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
Well, this time it looks like they will be incorporating more playable Villains than last time. Wolf would IMO have priority over Krystal..

Conker1

Smash Ace
Neither. Fox and Falco are all Starfox needs for rep.

I remember reading on the Melee poll a while back, Slippy had more votes than Wolf. :p

Also see my sig.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously I dont see any characters from SF that arent already in that are more deserving than krystal and wolf, so that part of ur sig fails...

Fox and falco the only rep? u kidding me? the roster is getting like almost twice as big (likely) and we cant add even ONE more SF character? and how is the main hero and the sidekick enough rep for the franchise? by just adding those its like saying every villain fails and other characters fail as well, Wolf should be added cause hes the bad guy, the nemesis of the main hero and as important to star fox series as well star fox...

and krystal is the love interest, and one of the few females in the game, she can bring something new to the SF roster, using the staff, meaning no lasers or shines, wolf can easily have a claw-based moveset and thus unique...

anyway saying we shouldnt add characters just because their villains and females, means that peach, midna, ganondorf, ridley and others shouldnt be added, and now if u want THOSE in then ur just playing favorites...

RDK

Smash Hero
****, Stryks. You show 'em.

Neither. Fox and Falco are all Starfox needs for rep.

I remember reading on the Melee poll a while back, Slippy had more votes than Wolf. :p
You honestly think that Fox and Falco should be the only SF reps? That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in any of the "For Brawl" threads.

And Slippy getting more votes then Wolf? You're gonna have to give us a quote on that one.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Wolf over any other new Star Fox character. I mean Wolf is Fox's rival, his arch villain "Besides Andross of course" I can't see a reason NOT to put him in.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol Krystal Thread...

Wolf MS
Key Points:
He moves much like Doc Mario, similar weight and speed along with jumping ability. He in a way, is Docs replacement...feel wise. His >Smash is much like Fox's from ssb64 only faster and stronger. His most deadly weapon along with several other A variations which make up from his lack survival.
DownB: Power Shine:
Just like a shine but more lag on the trail end. It can be JCed but only after the shine fades, the lag is canc;ed though. It appears more as a sheild bubble expanding from within. This has more of an effect like Ganon's Standard A in melee. Can almost be use to KO.
UpB: Fire Check:
He pause slighty and ignites then blast directly upward until a sudden stop. This move only lasts a second and only goes the distance vertically that Doc's UpB did (no horiz). This is used to KO as well, when struck at the end of the check, it is most powerfull.
ForwardB: Wolfire:
Wolf puts both fists in front of him and slides slightly (WD distance) until he releases a blast of blue flame. Similar to a Falcon punch in range (after the slide) but reacts more like Luigi's ForwardB half charge would.
B: Fazer Bomb:
Instead of shooting and beam, he lobs a capsule (similar to Docs) and when struck, it explodes blue. More knock back than pills but slower moving.

I just went on a rant and came up with this on the spot but it's good.
I think it's alright. Some of those other Wolf MS's good go to Falco but Wolf is more of a strong type, not so much a floaty guy like with all that Zero Gravity stuff...I just don't see it. I like this one better. just imo

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
****, Stryks. You show 'em.

You honestly think that Fox and Falco should be the only SF reps? That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in any of the "For Brawl" threads.

And Slippy getting more votes then Wolf? You're gonna have to give us a quote on that one.

I agree.. Slippy for Brawl?

No.. I couldn't imagine Slippy as a character, that's crazy talk..

RDK

Smash Hero
Slippy AT sounds good.

His power can be screwing up royally and causing everyone playing as Fox to have to jump off the stage for a few seconds to help him.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
Updated Wolf Moveset: Version 2

Editors Notes: This is Version 2 of my original Wolf Moveset. Made a few changes based on suggestions people have made. I completely changed the B^ move, to better suit Wolf's overall style. Also, I made some of the descriptions more specific, to cause less confusion. I hope you like it! :)

Wolf O'Donnell
http://images.wikia.com/furry/images/thumb/0/0e/StarWolf.jpg/250px-StarWolf.jpg

Power: 4/5
Speed: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Throw: 5/5
Attack Speed: 3/5
Size: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Shield: 4/5

A - Low Kick: Kicks forwards at a low height.
AA - Mid Kick: Kicks again at a mid height.
AAA - Side Kick: Pivots on left foot and Slams right foot forwards.
Tilt Forward A - Quick Jab: A simple, quick jab forwards.
Tilt Up A - Uppercut: Swings his arm upwards, hitting whatever is above him with his fist.
Tilt Down A - Sweep Kick: Sweeps his leg infront of him, attempting to trip whatever is before him.
Smash Forward A - Fist Hammer: Brings his arms behind him and weaves his fingers together, then steps forward and slams it down before him.
Smash Up A - Backflip Smash: Jumps into the air, while doing a backflip. Halfway through the backflip, he smashes his feet upwards, hitting whoever is above him into the air, then lands safely on his feet.
Smash Down A - Helicopter Kick: Flips himself onto his hands and spins while holding out his legs.
Aerial A - Flying Kick: Kicks forwards, hitting whatever is before him.
Aerial Forward A - Double Flying Kick: Does one Flying kick, then does a full 360 and finishes with another flying kick.
Aerial Up A - Drill Kick: Flips upside down and spins himself like a drill with his legs straight out.
Aerial Back A - Donkey Kick: Tucks in his legs, and slams them both back behind him.
Aerial Down A - Jackhammer Kick: Raises up his right foot, and slams his heel down, spiking the person below him to the floor.
Dash A - Shoulder Thrust: While running, pulls in his arm and holds out his shoulder, then leaps frowards and thrusts his shoulder forwards.

Neutral B - Ricochet Laser: Wolf shoots a single, blue laser from his gun. The shot is able to ricochet off of the stage, and off of crates and barrels. Only 3 of these shots can be active on the stage at a time.
Forward B - Pounce (Chargeable): Wolf slides one foot back and holds his arms out past shoulder length. He now looks like he's ready to pounce. When released, Wolf pounces forwards, and spins like a drill. If he makes physical contact with an enemy mid-flight, he will grab them and carry them with him a little bit. Wolf will then throw/slam the enemy below him. This move has large lagg, preventing spamming, and also making it risky to use for edgegaurding.
Up B - Jet Boots: Wolf will stop in place and slam his boots together. His boots will start to charge and send a powerful stream of blue flames out from them. The flames propel Wolf upwards at an amazing speed, and you can bend the direction he moves in. This move will do damage to anyone hit by Wolf himself, with medium knockback. Although, if you are caught in the stream of blue flames, you will be dealt tremendous damage, with no knockback. The move can propel Wolf to a maximum height of 3x his normal jump height.
Down B - Counterstance: Wolf Leans back on one leg, and holds his forearms before him, one slightly above his head, and one at chest height. Wolf is now in his counterstance, and when struck by physical attacks from infront, below, or above him, he will slam the top arm's elbow into the enemy, then pulls back his other arm into a fist and slam it into the enemy, sending them away from him. This stance can be held like Fox's deflector, but during the stance, Wolf can be harmed from behind, or from ranged attacks.

Grab - Reaches out to the enemy with a confident look on his face, and grabs them by the collar.
Grab Hit - Rams his elbow into the enemy that is firmly in his grasp.
Throw Up - Tosses the enemy slightly into the air, then rolls back onto his hands and slams his feet upwards, smashing the enemy upwards.
Throw Down - Lets go of the enemy and almost instantly slams elbow into their back, smashing them into the ground.
Throw Forward - Steps forward and hurls the enemy forwards with the hand that is grasped onto it.
Throw Back - Grasps the enemy with his other hand, and pivots 180 degrees. With the momentum, he hurls the enemy forwards.

Standing Position: Stands there With both hands on his gun, holding it above his right shoulder, with a confident smirk on his face. If left immobile for long enough, will flip his gun into the air and expertly catch it in his hand.
Walk: Walks in a casual manner with his gun still being held over his should with both hands.
Run: A speedy sprint with Wolf slightly leaning forwards, and still holding the gun over his shoulder with his hands.
Taunt - "Too Easy": Wolf rests his gun on his shoulder while slightly tilting back his head and letting out a yawn into his free hand.

Final Smash - Wolfen Assault: Wolf pulls out a small communication device, and seemingly gives an order to strike. Suddenly Wolfs ship "The Wolfen" flies into the stage, and for some reason, just flies into the distance and fades away, leaving enemies with a false sense of content and safety. Suddenly, the ship will zoom in from the distance and begin to bombard the stage with its lasers. It flies around the stage, shooting its blue, twin lasers at the stage, then flying off and disappearing in the distance, only to come back and shoot some more lasers. It's possible to be struck by the ship is you get too high, and if you are you will be dealt a whopping 75% damage. If struck by the lasers, you will be dealt from 20-50% damage, with medium knockback. The Final Smash will last for about 30 seconds, and when it's over, The Wolfen will fly out into the background of the stage, and shoot three bombs onto the stage. The bombs will leave large explosions that linger in place for a while, and if you are hit by a bomb, you will take 50% damage. When the Final Smash finally ends, The Wolfen will turn around and fly out through the background of the stage, fading out of sight.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Nice moveset, as always Fang. I'm still a tiny bit peeved about Down - B and Final Smash

Down - B: Marth and Roy at least had swords, they could make this effective with their reach. Wolf has only his bare hands, as badass as that would be, there are implications: What happens when say, Link attacks? His sword would hit, Wolf would Elbow air and if Link hasn't already moved out of the way, he may barely be touched by Wolf's fist.

Final Smash: How anticlimactic would it be to have Wolf be enveloped in an aurora of flames with fire in his eyes only to whip out a cell-phone? At least have the decency to put him in his own craft. (hop in, pull back, and let Hell loose good'ol StarFox gaming Style)

for all intents and purposes, I'm nitpicking.:) Don't take it too seriously

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
This thread needs a title change:

Wolf O'Donnell: the only good choice for a Star Fox villain, but not the best choice for a Star Fox rep in Brawl!!
yes, I know Krystal holds that spot. but she's almost a given newcommer. Wolf on the other hand could do with a tad more support

also, there's nothing wrong with the title, it says best villan, no best SF rep.
If you were implying something via subtlety; there's nothing wrong with the thread as far as I can see, just ordinary discussion (there are some pretty weird discussions on the Krystal thread)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why? Why do you retract your statement that Wolf is undeserving by saying "it was a joke"?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I never "retracted" anything. I was joking and you didn't realize it, so I pointed it out before you hurt yourself. But on topic, Wolf won't be a character. AT? Maybe. Boss? Probably. Neither? Hopefully.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Xianfeng:

And my post must have been Very VERY serious...

@Gypsy:

Sorry Gypsy, but you should realize that Wolf It's much more important than Krystal, He has been longer on the franchise, it's Fox's Nemesis and Rival, and it's pwnage.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You got to be kidding, Wolf needs more Supporters not less, but if you do so wish to have less supporters, then yeah i will leave, i don't whant to become PitIcarus :p.

Also, you're less here than Mr. Chaos Over there, besides making this thread, what makes you the Owner?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Nope, as far as I can tell, being a nemesis is no more important than being a love interest. Besides, Wolf has never played a role larger than Krystal has. And chaosleader, you shouldn't compare Star Fox to top franchises like that. By your logic, every franchise should have a villain playable just for the sake of having villains.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
@ Gypsy: these are major franchises, when was the last kid Icarus game released? Wario doesn't have the kind of popularity to have his own villan (lumped in there w/ Mario) 3rd party is 3rd party, the Brawl roster is going to be larger (likely upwards of 36) who knows, you may get Blacknight,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom