• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gypsy by ur logic only 15 people like ridley (pissed u off? good)

Wolf is liked all over the world, he is now an important part of the SF series, since the battles with star wolf are epic, and besides hes foxs most reocurring villain, just like ridley is to samus, why can he be in?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^Oh Stryks, bro, he's soooo in there! What other tight looking villain of Star Wolf would they put in there? Panther? Yeah right! You can't deny Wolf for Brawl, for this is birthright to be on Brawl!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Why do you keep comparing everything to Ridley? I already stated why the two are completely different. And I've yet to hear a good reason why Wolf should be in Brawl other than "Hez teh SterFocks vilin!!" This is almost as bad as the Waluigi thread.

Sir James

The Doctor
I would love to see Wolf in Brawl. He's the coolest Star Fox villian and his moves would be unique. Brawl needs more villians and Wolf definitely deserves a spot.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gypsy ok what other reason would u add ridley other than adding him cayuse ehs the most popular villain?

Thing is Wolf deserves it, he is part of the star fox series being the reocurring villain, being the anti-hero...

He is in the poll, is very popular, and has what it takes to be unique, give him no projectiles other than a claw swipe wave and give him a claw based moveset and u got one of the most unique of the space animals, since he doesnt use lasers or shines or anything, 99% melee based...

I dont see any other character that deserves the shot more, some say krystal, but she doesnt have such a role as wolf, sure she did in adventure and command, but so did wolf in 64, armada and command...

saying he would be too much like fox is a sign of small minded, seriously did ANYONE tought of trainer having 3 diferent pokemon = 3 diferent movesets? how about wario and his motorcycle, transforming zamuss gun into a whip? sakurai is by far one of the most imaginative dudes i have ever seen, he has proved that with pit, trainer, zamus, subspace, the items, ATs and so on, he CAN make a non-clone moveset for wolf...

anyway yes obviously ridley and wolf are diferent u have to be blind no NOT notice... BUT they have similair if not identical roles

Ridley is leader of the space pirates, the main enemy os samus aran

wolf is leader of star wolf, foxs most reocurring oponents, rivals and theyre the anti heros

everyone expects ridley in a metroid game cause hes one of the best parts of the game

everyone expects a star wolf battle in a star fox game cause hes one of the best parts of the game...

If ur prefering ridley, yet say wolf shouldnt be in then ur just prefering characters and not taking in consideration their status and roles in the game the come from, and THATS the most important part when choosing a character...

in other words gypsy:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
ROFLAGE! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS SO FUNNY! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Kudos to Stryks!

Come now Stryks, Ridley is a bad@$$. That's all the reason he needs to put on his "Why should you make it onto Brawl" application or resume. Wolf, needs to put alittle more than that. I mean, he's cool, but Ridley makes him seem insignificant if you were to compare the two.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley deserves the shot way more, but hes saying wolf doesnt, wolf is the ridley of star fox, he should be added, sure I want ridley more, but I when they bash wolf... its personal...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Thanks Stryks for yet again completely disregarding all of my posts. Also, kudos to you for making some of the most misleading posts on these forums. I have about lost all respect for you man.

Wolf shouldn't be in Brawl. It is my opinion, and it is no more or less true than yours. I really don't feel like arguing it any more do to the lack of actual points here. All I see is "he'z a vilin!" and insults flying left and right. Later.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Thanks Stryks for yet again completely disregarding all of my posts. Also, kudos to you for making some of the most misleading posts on these forums. I have about lost all respect for you man.

Wolf shouldn't be in Brawl. It is my opinion, and it is no more or less true than yours. I really don't feel like arguing it any more do to the lack of actual points here. All I see is "he'z a vilin!" and insults flying left and right. Later.
^^Well, you can pummel on him all you like when he gets confirmed, because it's destiny for him to become a playable character. He's a shoe-in. There's no getting around it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So ok u completely ignored the Roles i meantioned of the characters... which are kinda identical...

YET u still dont want wolf... rite...

I respect opinions, one thing is:

"I dont want him in cause bla bla bla" = opinion
"He shouldnt be in cause bla bla blasphemy" = not opinion...

ur stating things like theyre facts, he has similair roles to ridley:

LIKE RIDLEY hes the leader of the biggest threath againt the main heroes

LIKE RIDLEY he is the villain

LIKE RIDLEY who many say he cant be in caus eof his size (he can btw), wolf can get in with a non-clone moveset

LIKE RIDLEY he plays a major role in the game he comes from...

all of that YET u think ridley should be in and wolf should be left behind... all I have to say is that ur "opinion" (i dont see how "he SHOULDNT be in..." is an pinion but meh...) is completely biased, everything shows that wolf has a similair status like ridley, u prefer ridley more than wolf, i accept that and respect it, but saying wolf doesnt deserve it is pure BS and biased...

and again I dont see ur reasons WHY ridley should be in other than being te main villain (dont get me wrong i want ridley in so freaking much but I wanna know aht are his reasons)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yet again your posts are misleading Stryks. You state how they are similar, but you ignore how different they are. That makes others think you're right, which you're not. I made a post a few pages back stating how Ridley and Wolf had completely different roles and situations. Ridley is a shoe in, and Wolf is 50/50. Don't say that I'm being biased, because that would be one of the most hypocritical things to say right now.

To sum it up Stryks:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ouch ur attacking my web comics now? well IDK about that demoncaterpie who is an expert on writting says the comics are way awesome... not to brag but I guss ur just finding a way to insult me cause ur running out of stuff to say, or either stuff u havent said, ur just saying wolf shouldnt be in, u dont give ur reasons just that: "Look on previous posts" oh yeah super, I found it:

But, if they really are on an even playing field, then why would Sakurai take one out for the other? The only reason he would possibly do that is if one was far better than the other. Anyway, I disagree on the popularity part. Although it might be hard to tell from the SF fanbase, you're forgetting that Falco established an even larger fan base by being in Melee. As one of the top characters in the game, a lot of people play him, and a more people are hoping for him to return than Wolf appearing. That would be a steel toed boot to the balls to thousands of fans if Sakurai pulled Falco out and put Wolf in his place.

As cool as Wolf is, I just don't think he should or will be playable. Boss? Great. Assist Trophy? He deserves a bit more than assist trophy status, but if he cannot be made for a fun playing experience as a boss, then he could then end up that way. Overall, I think he'd normally be worthy of a spot if it wasn't for the fierce competition from the other member of the Star Fox cast, and the limitation on characters per franchise. If he was in the same position as say Ridley or Dedede, then he would have a much better chance IMO.
Why should the partner be replaced? what rule does it say that SF = 3 characters? FE got 2 whole characters in melee and half the world didnt knew them, why cant we add 2 more fighters for star fox now that the roster is getting somewhat twice in size?

marios getting 6 max, I dont see 7 honestly, zelda and pokemon should get 5, metroid should get 3-4, why cant star fox get 4 too? metroid aint as popular as it was before even u know that, why should it get 2 more reps while SF gets only one? both krystal and wolf were on the polls, and both are by far the best candidates, why should one be in instead of the other?

Dedede, ridley and wolf hold similair if not identical role slike I have said before:

Ridley leader of space pirates, samus's main enemy
Wolf leader os star wolf, fox's main enemy
dedede self-proclaimed king of dreamland, kirby's main enemy

Ridley is on the poll
Wolf "" "" ""
Dedede "" "" ""

Fighting ridley is one of the best parts of a metroid game
fighting star wolf is one of the best parts of a star fox game
fighting dedede is one of the best and funnest parts of a kirby game

ridley killed samus parents and is the main cause of chaos in the galaxy, thus samus had personal feelings against ridley
wolf and fox have a rivalry, wolf wants fox dead so u can say wolf pretty much hates fox, dont know about fox to wolf tough, even so they have negative feelings against each other
dont know much about dedede but he unleashes havoc on dreamland, thus kirby has to save the day...

they all have similair roles, ridley deserves the shot because he has been part of the metroid series as long as samus, has appeared in every metroid game minus hunters, metroid 2 and echoes

Wolf has been in almost every SF game, except the 1st star fox and adventures, he has been one of the most entertaining and epic parts in a SF game, is popular and deserves the shot, has similair roles to ridley, and at the end thats what matters: the roles in the game it comes from...

what fierce competition? the only ones that deserve the shot is wolf, being the villain, and krystal, who has the staff for uniqueness and had big roles in adventures and command, not to mention shes the love interest of fox... thats it, slippy is only there as part of the star fox team but has never had a major role, neither did peppy, hes just the guy that gives wisdom to the team, and I dont see anyone else, theirs andross but hes an AT, scales? would be cool but doesnt deserve it etc etc etc...

to conclude this:
Ridley deserves to be in brawl, for his long run and being the main enemy of the metroid series
never the less wolf deserves the shot, not as much as ridley, but he is practically the ridley of star fox, the main enemy and has the role and coolness factor, including the body structure of a possible fighter (obcourse ivysaur kill the structure thing but meh) and so on...

also WHY cloud? and why the shoopdawoop face? seriously I barely use that joke and I dont look anything like cloud, i only use his avatar cause sincerely I dont see any avater I like, this is the only one...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
would you like to stop now and leave with your dignity? or continue this now pointless argument?
@ Gypsy Lee: I see you have chosen the later option good sir. :urg:
I do not speak lightly when I say these things;

Why do you continue Gypsy? Every argument you bring has been rebuked multiple times intelligently, every flame and smoldering ember extinguished, every opinion proven useless, every fact found. What more can you do? Can you not see you're fighting a losing battle? Can you not see your own reputation plunging down into a death-spiral? Can you not see your own dignity lying tattered at your feet?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, We have heard yours again and again and again, and we have heard you attempt to force your clearly biased opinions into others' heads. What right do you have to tell anyone what their opinion should be? We have heard yours and taken note of it. Do you know why we seem to "disregard" your recent posts on this thread? it is the same argument over and over again, we've heard it all before. It may be worded slightly differently but it is the same thing. We hear you. You do exist.

I fully support Ridley and Dedede making it into Brawl, I even believe their chances are far greater than Wolf.
Is that what you wanted to hear? Is that enough to satisfy you? is that enough to end your pointless rampage?
Or will you continue to spout fire and biased opinion until the Mods drop the hammer?
(no sarcasm)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
What? My dignity and biased opinions you say? Pfft. I'm seeing hypocritical statements one after another. You say I'm biased, and then you guys have arguments that are just as biased if not more so.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
What? My dignity and biased opinions you say? Pfft. I'm seeing hypocritical statements one after another. You say I'm biased, and then you guys have arguments that are just as biased if not more so.
Hypocrisy: 1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion

Bias: 1 : to give a settled and often prejudiced outlook to <his background biases him against foreigners>

Name one and prove it...

RWB

Smash Ace
Sadly, The SF series isn't reallyTHAT major. 3 chars, that's what I think(and I won't change my mind about that). And if it so(I don't say it will be, I'm not Sakurai XD), Wolf will fight with Falco for the third spot, A fight he might very well lose. Krystal is more likely than Wolf, sadly. If there are 4 SF chars, Wolf is in. But he is FAR from being a shoe in(sadly ;_; ).

Now, I'll have to rebuke some of your statements, Stryks. Don't get angry at me, I'm true, blue Wolf supporter.

Wolf leader os star wolf, fox's main enemy,
No. The Venom fleet is Fox main enemy. Wolf isn't even a villain, he's a mercenary, like Fox. Works for highest bidder. If Wolf is a villain, so are Fox.e

wolf and fox have a rivalry, wolf wants fox dead so u can say wolf pretty much hates fox, dont know about fox to wolf tough, even so they have negative feelings against each other
Actually, It's the opposite. They like eachother(not in THAT way, don't shoot me O_O;; ).
Fox considers Wolf a hero, and a friend. Wolf respects Fox(Heck, if he wanted Fox dead, Fox would be dead by now). Go play assault, please.

Wolf has been in almost every SF game, except the 1st star fox and adventures, he has been one of the most entertaining and epic parts in a SF game, is popular and deserves the shot, has similair roles to ridley, and at the end thats what matters: the roles in the game it comes from...
So he has been in 3 out of 5? 60% is actually not that impressive.

Wolf is more like Fox than Ridley, actually. As characters, Wolf and Ridley don't share many traits, if any. Fox and Wolf share a lot.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Do NOT compare Wolf to Ridley.

1. Wolf has only been in approx. half of the Star Fox games
2. Ridley is the only OTHER major character of the Metroid series as a whole. Star Fox has Falco, Krystal, Slippy, etc.
3 Wolf is not a villain. He's just "another character." Don't even suggest that he should replace Falco. Falco is WAY more important to the series than Wolf is.

Falco + Krystal > Wolf.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wolf>Krystal because Wolf has been there longer and is a villain. We need females to though so Krystal>Falco.

RWB

Smash Ace
Wolf>Krystal because Wolf has been there longer and is a villain. We need females to though so Krystal>Falco.
Wolf is not a villain.
Krystal has been in as many games.
Falco has been in all the games and is Fox MAIN rival.

Just because I support Wolf, doesn't mean I can't find arguments for him faulty.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wolf is a villain in SF64, Krystal is not as well liked as Wolf by the general gamer, and no, the general gamer did not vote in Sakurai's poll. Falco is not a rival he is a wingman, when has Fox EVER tried to look better than Falco?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Wolf is a villain in SF64, Krystal is not as well liked as Wolf by the general gamer, and no, the general gamer did not vote in Sakurai's poll. Falco is not a rival he is a wingman, when has Fox EVER tried to look better than Falco?
And the general gamer would want Cloud or Sora in Brawl. And how do you know this? BS arguments FTL.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf is not an enemy? huh then I must have imagened fighting his in his base, hims being the last spot before andross and being the most reocurring bad guy in the series...

I support wolf cause honestly, he is the character that deserves the shot, he is the most reocurring villain (villain means the oposite to hero, and that what wolf is the anti-hero, the anti-star fox)...

the appearances are NOT important, look at shiek, roy and ganondorf all of them had only one appearance before melee and theyre in, what ur point? it's the ROLES that should be consider

Wolf has one of the biggest roles of the game, being the anti-hero, the anti-star fox, being foxcs rival (falco is fox's friendly rival) he has been in mot of the SF games, except by the 1st game and adventures, and had big roles in all of his appearances...

Mario wil lprobably get 6
zelda and pokemon about 4-6
metroid will get 3-4
why cant SF get 3-4?

its popularity isnt very high, but neither is metroid in japan, falco shouldnt leave, both krystal and wolf deserve it, but IMO wolf deserves it more, it could go either way but saying wolf doesnt deserve it is just BS...

And the general gamer would want Cloud or Sora in Brawl. And how do you know this? BS arguments FTL.
Lol how Ironic:

Oh yeah. Just because three or for people on this one thread like him means he should totally be playable.
AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THIS? BS BIASED STUPID ARGUEMENT FAILS

Stryks

Smash Hero
wolf Is A Rival Which Is Different Than A Villain!
Wikipedia said:
The villain is the bad guy or heavy, the characters who fight against the hero.
EPIC FAIL

anyway @ gypsy (who seems to accidently not see me quote his ironic posts):
Who else would u add from the DK series who aint already in? K rool and Dixie are the only ones I see, but both have somewhat minor roles even tough K. rool is the enemy, he has apepared in only a few DK games...

Fzero? theres a LOT of characters, yet choosing one over the other like pico over black shadow shows in a way superiority, the fact is they should add one of the following:
hero (falcon), villain, love interest and partner

falcon doesnt seem to have any of these (of what i know of) except villain, who is black shadow, and had a major role in GX...

anyway sure the theory I placed aint exaclty concrete but so far has worked:
mario series: mario, peach, bowser, luigi (not confirmed but u know)
zelda: link, zelda (not exaclty love interest but u know), ganondorf, *possible partner here, surely to be midna*

and so on, series like dk, f zero and so on, who have few characters, and those that have too many lack the love interest, partner etc, they may have it but if theyre roles are minor then theres no point...

again im showing off my opinion and facts that just show that wolf deserves it, I say SF should get 4 characters, some say 3, and so on I respect those opinions and am even so worried wolf wont be in but I have faith, what I DONT do is go off ala gypsy lee or sandman saying:

X characer SHOULDNT be in cause...
Y character WONT be in cause of...

saying that is like its facts without ANYTHING to back it up, thats just sad and stupid, seriously u wanna flame a guy who gives reasons and facts to back up a character go ahead IDC, at least im doing it right unlike some:
OMG HE WONT BE IN CAUSE OF THIS!:
"character farting the wanted character in the face" (this is headed for sandman)
OMG HE DOESNT DESERVE IT CAUSE HES JUST THE VILLAIN!!1!1one (@ gypsy)

RWB

Smash Ace
Umm... no. Star Fox doesn't even come close to the above franchises. If SF gets 4, then F-Zero gets 4, and FE gets 4, and DK gets 4, and so on..

Actually, Donkey Kong should have at least 4-6, if Zelda has. FE is also a bigger franchise than SF, so they should have more then 4, then.

Vali

Smash Ace
Actually I think Wolf comes in more as an antagonistic rival than a villain, but Numa you must remember that a rival can still be a villain and there's no such law that says that if someone is a rival they cannot be a villain or vice versa. However while you expressed it in the wrong way, you are still correct.

Stryks you are wrong, Wolf is not a villain.

RWB

Smash Ace
EPIC FAIL
Using Wikipedia for that? I think it was you who failed.
You do know anyone can edit that site?

A villain is a bad guy, the second part of the statement is the role of an ANTAGONIST.

And noone, not even Gypsy, have said Wolf doesn't deserve being in. Just that he isn't as deserving as Ridley and Dedede. And all the people arguing against you at the moment want Wolf in, get it through your thick skull Stryks.

Gypsy didn't say Wolf shouldn't be in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
You are so freaking stupid. In the past two games what has Wolf done?
Wikipedia said:
The villain is the bad guy or heavy, the characters who fight against the hero.
WOLF FOUGHT AGAINT FOX = VILLAIN

Fox FOUGHT star wolf in 64 because they got in the way and if they didnt stop them the planet (or base dont remember) was going to explode, later on on a diferent route u faced them againa BECAUSE they were defending the entrace into Andross's lair

Fox FOUGHT wolf in armada cause the base they were attacking turned out to be wolf's, they attacked each other and battled in space, WTF DOES THAT MEAN? THEY FOUGHT EACH OTHER

dont know about command but at LEAST I KNOW the FOUGHT each other...

Villain =/= ultimate/final/greatest boss, villain means something or someone the hero FIGHTS, if that person gets in the way in order for the hero to achieve his goal he/she/it is OFFICIALLY a villain... wolf is not THE villain, the one that sends havoc to the galaxy, BUT since he gets in the way so star fox could fail the misison to save the galaxy,achieve their goals he IS A VILLAIN...

Vali

Smash Ace
Actually I think you'll find the word that describes a person/party of people that fight against the hero(es) is "Antagonist"...like we've been trying to tell you. Villains are almost always antagonists but antagonists aren't always villains (this was stated on the wikipedia article in like the second paragraph had you not already known but I doubt you bothered to read past what you thought made you right).

To reiterate:

Wolf fighting Fox =/= Villain status
Wolf fighting Fox = Antagonist status
Antagonist =/= Villain

Captalising or making your words bigger doesn't make your statements any more true or any less false.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
They aren't rivals... what are you guys talking about? They are like target and wal-mart. Competeing companies, just because there is a hint of respect on how they work doesn't make them rivals.

Dollar stores and wal-mart's rivals...

1. starwolf(their obviously copied name) isn't on par with starfox. If that was the case wolf and his team would be getting jobs from the government...
2. Starfox reps the losing team they take on a solar system head on, plus starwolf, and they win easily.
3. Pigma is lame...
4. slippy for brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Captalising or making your words bigger doesn't make your statements any more true or any less false.
Lol its funny u tell that to me, but dont bother telling numa since hes on ur side... uhu...

I did read the rest of the article, and yes he is an antagonist, and... dear god how did all of this started anyway? look villaing or antagonist he is to fox as bowser is to mario, a pain and is the one that tries to take down the hero, got a problem with me saying villain? well too bad since it says on the threads title, go flame the other guy...

AGAIN for the LAST time, wolf has what it takes to be playable:
Popularity: yes hes on the poll
status: anti-hero/ antagonist/ villain, whatever u want to clal him, he is the anti fox and is evil, we need more villains and he fits the bill
role: he has one of the biggest roles in the game, I may be exagerating, but he is the most reocurring enemy and is one of the parts of any SF game

Many in the world have been waiting for wolfs inclusion in smash, and now the roster is getting twice as big, I think theres a high chance for hes inclusion...

Vali

Smash Ace
Lol its funny u tell that to me, but dont bother telling numa since hes on ur side... uhu...
Side? What side is there to be on? What you've been stating (in big bold capitals) was false. It's not picking sides when the other person is wrong. Oh, and notice how I'm quoting you and not Numa, so why would I be "telling him off"?

he is to fox as bowser is to mario, a pain and is the one that tries to take down the hero,
Actually no, because Bowser is the villain of the Mario series whereas Wolf is an antagonist. Until you accept this, we'll just be going around in circles.

got a problem with me saying villain?
Yes, it's wrong.

well too bad since it says on the threads title, go flame the other guy....
Yes, because thread titles are always 100% correct...and since when was this flaming? Pointing out someone is wrong isn't flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom