• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
HE IS AN ANTAGONIST, there happy? go put up some fireworks see if I care, I ACEPT when I have LOST, unlike the rest *coughgypsyandsandmancough*

The thing I have been triying to say all this time is that HE DESERVES THE SHOT, he is not some gary colored Fox or anything, he has a ROLE in his games, higher than that of slippy and others, he is the bad guy, wht one u are supposed to hate, the one that fights the hero, an enemy, and so on...

we need an anti-hero for this franchise, call it whatever u want, antagonist, anti-hero, I call him villain, he may not be 100% villain, but he is the bad guy, and IMO bad guy = villain, so screw the complex mumbo jumbo (I brought the article I know, IDC I call him villain, hes an atagonist, that words just doesnt bring excitement to me as villain fo stop it).

Gypsy says hes not popular and doesnt deserve it, that was THE WHOLE REASON I CAME HERE TO DEFEND HIM, now I have u vali, numa (dont know why the hell hes here btw) and gypsy who seems to not take notice of his ironic posts I show him, anyway he HAS the fighter body (ivysaur kill the fighter look but meh), he has the important role from his games, he is a bad guy (villain IMO) which we lack, and a chance to be unique (claw based moveset ftw), saying he DOESNT deserve the shot without ANYTHING to back it up, ala gypsy, then I have to defend the character, if he can PROVE it then im up for a big rethinking to do, but he HASNT...

Ill im saying and will continue to say is:
Wolf deserves the shot

and who ever says we cant add bad guys who arent THE bad guys fails:
Metaknight

Crayola

Smash Cadet
he has a ROLE in his games, higher than that of slippy and others, he is the bad guy, wht one u are supposed to hate, the one that fights the hero, an enemy, and so on...
Er, how do you figure that he has a "higher role" than Slippy? Slippy is in EVERY Star Fox game, and has a role to play in every level. And considering the title of the game is STAR FOX, and the main character is a TEAM which Slippy is a part of, how do you figure that Wolf has a "higher role"?

we need an anti-hero for this franchise, call it whatever u want, antagonist, anti-hero
Says who? Why do we need an anti-hero SPECIFICALLY for this franchise? I don't understand.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Star Fox is one of the most recognizable franchises. First time I played Melee, I wasn't a big Nintendo fan, but I do know I knew who Fox was. It wasn't until recently I discovered what Marth and Roy were from. FE more recognizable than Star Fox? Yeah right.

Name the last person you knew who saw Fox and didn't know who he was. Upon finding out, have you ever heard someone say "Ah, so this is Star Fox?"

The Corneria boss on 64 doesn't count. Seriously, it's a mascot franchise, and should be repped at least as much as Metroid. Especially considering that beyond Samus and Ridley, Metroid has zip for worthy characters, where as Star Fox has plenty.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
I'm not that bothered really if Wolf gets in, just as long as Falco and Krystal make it in before him. Wolf is just another "badass rival clone" character. Maybe I would still like him if he still had his "mean *******" Star Fox 64 personality, instead of the anime-ish antihero they made him in subsequent games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah slippy has a far GREATER role than wolf, asking for help and being a mecanic is so much more awesome than being a constant threath to the team...

by ur logic ROB has a higher chance than wol JUST because hes on the team, look out everybody peppy is a newcomer! FINAL SMASH: BARREL ROLL!!

Seriously, with ur logic, were just gonna see a metroid in brawl, zelda, since link AINT part of the title in any way, and the race cars from fzero is playable now too...

seriously JUST BECAUSE the game is called STAR FOX, doesnt mean were just getting TEAM star fox characters, if so bowser wouldn be in it, neither pikachu and so on... EPIC FAIL...

We need more bad guys/villains in brawl, witout them its like the gamess villains have no importance, and wolf fits the bill, being a good candidate and repping the SF series at the same time...

Blazer

Smash Ace
And the general gamer would want Cloud or Sora in Brawl. And how do you know this? BS arguments FTL.
Correct the general gamer just might want Cloud or Sora. Due to legality issues this is an issue though isn't it? Well, since we can't give them that, let's give them the more watned Star Fox character.

How do I know that more people would want Wolf? Let's put it this way, don't ever sign onto the internet and go to something where people judge on quality not the factor that a type of character is overly repeated. Most people go for the cool villain. The bad***. (Not sure if you can say that or not...) Most internet fans are influenced and want the better more creative characters or are fans at least. Most gamers are not internet fans. That's how I know.

Wolf for Brawl then. BTW, Stryks, you rock.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
man this post is more complicated than it needs to be... strykes won the thread btw lol or can u win o_O

anyway wolf 4 brawl

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Yeah slippy has a far GREATER role than wolf, asking for help and being a mecanic is so much more awesome than being a constant threath to the team...
"Awesome?" When you're arguing, that doesn't mean anything. Wolf usually appears for one or two levels, then that's that for the rest of the game. Do you really call that major?
It doesn't matter if he asks for help or if he's a mechanic - he's still a main character.

by ur logic ROB has a higher chance than wol JUST because hes on the team, look out everybody peppy is a newcomer! FINAL SMASH: BARREL ROLL!!
The core team is Fox, Falco, Krystal and Slippy. Peppy would be a unique addition if he did somehow make it in, instead of yet another "evil badass rival clone" character.

Seriously, with ur logic, were just gonna see a metroid in brawl, zelda, since link AINT part of the title in any way, and the race cars from fzero is playable now too...
"Star Fox" actually refers to a playable entity in the game. The main characters ARE the Star Fox team.

seriously JUST BECAUSE the game is called STAR FOX, doesnt mean were just getting TEAM star fox characters, if so bowser wouldn be in it, neither pikachu and so on... EPIC FAIL...
Stop acting as if that specific point serves as the entire basis of my argument. It was just reinforcing the fact that the central characters are the the Star Fox Team.

We need more bad guys/villains in brawl, witout them its like the gamess villains have no importance, and wolf fits the bill, being a good candidate and repping the SF series at the same time...
What? Why do the villains need "importance"? They're not real people, so Sakurai doesn't need to worry about hurting their feelings. Falco and Krystal, who are way more significant to the franchise should be newcomers, and not Wolf just because "the game needs villains." Who gives a ****?

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- "Awesome?" When you're arguing, that doesn't mean anything. Wolf usually appears for one or two levels, then that's that for the rest of the game. Do you really call that major?
It doesn't matter if he asks for help or if he's a mechanic - he's still a main character.

2.- The core team is Fox, Falco, Krystal and Slippy. Peppy would be a unique addition if he did somehow make it in, instead of yet another "evil badass rival clone" character.

3.- "Star Fox" actually refers to a playable entity in the game. The main characters ARE the Star Fox team.

4.- Stop acting as if that specific point serves as the entire basis of my argument. It was just reinforcing the fact that the central characters are the the Star Fox Team.

5.- What? Why do the villains need "importance"? They're not real people, so Sakurai doesn't need to worry about hurting their feelings. Falco and Krystal, who are way more significant to the franchise should be newcomers, and not Wolf just because "the game needs villains." Who gives a ****?
1.- geesh calm down, I said awesome cause, english not being my native language, I couldnt find a more appropiate sentence, awesome was the 1st thing that popped in my head, and wolf is awesome so I went for it...

Ever played armada? they had a big role, since they helped take down the aparoids, wolf says hes the only one that will beat/kill him or something like that, but seeing as this being a big threat (and that it also took down his base, something in those lines) he helped him take them down, and also "sacrificed" themselves to let fox defeat them...

command? star wolf is PLAYABLE, so much for the no major roles huh?

HOW is slippys role major? JUST BECAUSE hes part of star fox? thats it? u mean rob is a major character in the series, and peppy too? that doesnt make sense, by ur logic toad is a major character since hes always with peach, a major character, same with toadsworth, waluigi is usually with wario so does that make him major? NO

what roles did slippy had in SF games?
64: was just there to show the bosses life bar, and to get saved
adventures: to give some tips... woo pee
assault: to ask for help, thats it, he never did ANYTHING major in this game...
command: not sure, but I dont think its anything spectacular other than be with her new grilfriend...

just because hes part of star fox =/= major roles

2.- only small minded think characters like wolf would be a clone, and that ridley is too big, and that dark samus and megaman would be samus clone, etc...
3 words: claw based moveset

3.- They may be main characters, but main characters =/= major roles, what did falco do in any of the games? other than give advice?
slippy?
peppy?
rob?

4.- u SAID that the game is entitled STAR FOX, thus only characters from the team STAR FOX should be in, ok lets add Rob in there and peppy with his barrel roll...

5.- I can asure you that many agree that the villains are necesary:
whats the point in having a heroe if there are no enemies and villains to fight with? adding the heroes gives an impressions like the villains dont matter, and witout the villains the games wouldnt be the same...

So ur saying we shouldnt add any character just because their the villains? that blasphemy since metaknight and boswer prove that wrong, why add them "if theyre just villains"?
BECAUSE they represent what the heroes fight for, what they struggle with, and not to mention many fans (including myself) prefer sometimes the villain more than the hero, either way wolf DESERVES the shot, I gave my reasons pages back, and also, if u think wolf has no other answer than being a fox clone, then ur VERY small minded...

Blazer

Smash Ace
I think I get it now. People who have been in this topic for a longer time are more educated on Wolf's reasonings for playability. The other's seem to try to do their best to argue the exact same points over and over...

I think Stryks covered it though. Arguement over.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Ever played armada? they had a big role, since they helped take down the aparoids, wolf says hes the only one that will beat/kill him or something like that, but seeing as this being a big threat (and that it also took down his base, something in those lines) he helped him take them down, and also "sacrificed" themselves to let fox defeat them...
command? star wolf is PLAYABLE, so much for the no major roles huh?
That's nothing special in Command. Slippy is playable. AMANDA is playable.

HOW is slippys role major? JUST BECAUSE hes part of star fox? thats it u mean rob is a major character in the series, and peppy too? that doesnt make sense, by ur logic toad is a major character since hes always with peach
Slippy's role is much larger than Toad. In the main Mario games, Toad has hardly ever played an active role. Silly comparison. Slippy plays an active role in 90 per cent of Star Fox Arwing levels. Toad is only always with Peach 'in the storyline', but was he with Peach in Super Mario Bros? Super Mario World? Super Mario 64?

a major character, same with toadsworth, waluigi is usually with wario so does that make him major? NO
See above. And Waluigi is only "always with Wario" in spinoff titles, and not even in Wario's SERIES.

command: not sure, but I dont think its anything spectacular other than be with her new grilfriend...
2.- only small minded think characters like wolf would be a clone, and that ridley is too big, and that dark samus and megaman would be samus clone, etc...
3 words: claw based moveset
I was referring to the concept of the character himself, and NOT his Brawl version. Wolf is just another Shadow the Hedgehog: an "Evil Clone".

3.- They may be main characters, but main characters =/= major roles, what did falco do in any of the games? other than give advice?
LOL. Falco came back to help Fox in Adventures, and in other games PILOTED THE ARWING, ASSISTING FOX IN NEARLY EVERY LEVEL, while interacting with him and the other members. We see the Star Fox games through the team's perspective. The team members do not merely "give advice", they play a *much* more active role than that.

4.- u SAID that the game is entitled STAR FOX, thus only characters from the team STAR FOX should be in, ok lets add Rob in there and peppy with his barrel roll...
Already covered this.

5.- I can asure you that many agree that the villains are necesary:
whats the point in having a heroe if there are no enemies and villains to fight with? adding the heroes gives an impressions like the villains dont matter, and witout the villains the games wouldnt be the same...
Again, you don't make sense. This is Smash Bros. Did having no villains in the original Smash Bros. prevent characters from fighting each other? Being a "hero" or "villain" isn't the sole important aspect of every character - it's their "legacy."

So ur saying we shouldnt add any character just because their the villains? that blasphemy since metaknight and boswer prove that wrong, why add them "if theyre just villains"?
Yes, I'm saying a character shouldn't be added just because they're villains.

You're saying that the Star Fox series NEEDS a villain, and I'm saying...why? Bowser plays a WAY more active role than any villain in any other franchise, and MetaKnight is one of the only characters with an "established role" in the Kirby series - him, Dedede and Kirby.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Sorry mods, accidental double post. Won't do it again.

I think I get it now. People who have been in this topic for a longer time are more educated on Wolf's reasonings for playability. The other's seem to try to do their best to argue the exact same points over and over...

I think Stryks covered it though. Arguement over.
Give me a break. "More educated on Wolf's reasonings?" LOL. What you're implying is that these "reasonings" are fact, when they're not.

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
wow i like this fight yous guys are havig
typiccally i see wolf being in brawl
not so much ridley sure he has a shot but maybe to awsome for this game
wolf is probbalbly gonna mak it
he is a awsome character w/ melee ownage
i like the idea for all claw attacks umm but gypsy seriously dont dis wolf like that
hes gonna make it no doubt in my mind
cuz they cant possibly have all good guysin there
i can see ridley as a boss
think about it
he is like 20 feet tall in the games
fast and powerfl
shoots energy beams from everywhere
if he were to make it in brawl he would look like a cartoon character
so no ridley will not make it
wolf definatley will

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*sigh*

I see this thread is full of just as much bull**** as it was when I left several, several months ago. I bet Bowserlick has surrendered on his Andross arguement though, heh ;).

I hope you've been keeping a good eye on the thread while I've been gone Strksys. Keepin' these ******s in line and what not =P.

Wolf and possibly Leon for Brawl!
Amen.

EDIT: Omg, haha. I just thought of something epic. You know how there is that screenshot with the Halbred assaulting the Arwing? What if the Great Fox came in as backup and the Halbred and Great Fox had an epic battle and then Wolf dropped in stopping Fox saying, "Not so fast, Star Fox!" Distracting Fox from his objective, whatever it was.

Epic win.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
I hope you've been keeping a good eye on the thread while I've been gone Strksys. Keepin' these ******s in line and what not =P.
*rolls eyes at the circle jerking*

This is not YOUR territory. People have a right to argue against Wolf's case as much as you do to promote it - as long as the arguments are presented "properly" and isn't outright bashing. It's amusing that Wolf fans have this idea that Strksys is swiftly batting away "Wolf haters", when no-one but Sakurai and the Smash Team have the final choice.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf saves you TWICE in assault and help you out against the enemy in command, he almost gave his life for star fox in armada, that tops the "falco came in the last sec to help fox against andross"

ROB IS NOT A MAJOR CHARACTER, BUT IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP OUT FOX, and rob from star fox DOESNT HAVE ANY MAJOR ROLES... Does that mean that slippy JUST BECAUSE hes part of the team means he has big roles? NO

Thats ALL he did, if hes a character with a major role because of THAT than Wolf deserves the shot more than I tought...

Wolf just because hes "an evil clone" doesnt mean he cant be in, just because they have similarities doesnt mean that prohibs him from entering brawl, he has the major roles in his game, far higher than that of slippy...

Wolf should be added for more than just being the villain, yes hes a villain, but thats not the only reason he should be added, he can bring to the table a unique moveset if hes claw based, being the only known space animal so far to not use the lasers and shines, he would rep the star fox series, has been part of the series for a way longer time than krystal, and is one of the most wanted characters, the poll proves that...

Having little to no villains in the game didnt stop the previous games, but thats the thing the characters seemed souless just fighting without any real reason, the subspace emmisary is about to change that since theres now a plot, and why fox fighting all these enemies without his own wouldnt make sense, sure it doesnt mean EVERY franchise needs an enemy, but since wolf has the popularity, the major roles in his game, etc. hes a good contender to be in...

the ONLY reason Ive seen from u so far is the:
"The game is named star fox thus only star fox team member should get in"

and that logic fails...

This is not YOUR territory. People have a right to argue against Wolf's case as much as you do to promote it - as long as the arguments are presented "properly" and isn't outright bashing. It's amusing that Wolf fans have this idea that Strksys is swiftly batting away "Wolf haters", when no-one but Sakurai and the Smash Team have the final choice.
THEN WHO ARE YOU TO SAY ONLY STAR FOX MEMBERS SHOULD GET IN, U HAVE EARN IT:

Blazer

Smash Ace
That's nothing special in Command. Slippy is playable. AMANDA is playable.

Slippy's role is much larger than Toad. In the main Mario games, Toad has hardly ever played an active role. Silly comparison. Slippy plays an active role in 90 per cent of Star Fox Arwing levels. Toad is only always with Peach 'in the storyline', but was he with Peach in Super Mario Bros? Super Mario World? Super Mario 64?

See above. And Waluigi is only "always with Wario" in spinoff titles, and not even in Wario's SERIES.

I was referring to the concept of the character himself, and NOT his Brawl version. Wolf is just another Shadow the Hedgehog: an "Evil Clone".

LOL. Falco came back to help Fox in Adventures, and in other games PILOTED THE ARWING, ASSISTING FOX IN NEARLY EVERY LEVEL, while interacting with him and the other members. We see the Star Fox games through the team's perspective. The team members do not merely "give advice", they play a *much* more active role than that.

Already covered this.

Again, you don't make sense. This is Smash Bros. Did having no villains in the original Smash Bros. prevent characters from fighting each other? Being a "hero" or "villain" isn't the sole important aspect of every character - it's their "legacy."

Yes, I'm saying a character shouldn't be added just because they're villains.

You're saying that the Star Fox series NEEDS a villain, and I'm saying...why? Bowser plays a WAY more active role than any villain in any other franchise, and MetaKnight is one of the only characters with an "established role" in the Kirby series - him, Dedede and Kirby.
Slippy and an active role? Where? The role of the guy who I save every other level from being shot down by two enemies doesn't seem too good a role. The one where I face you twice in a short game and you are considered my rival, the one where your supposed to be like my equal and are the hardest enemy in the game seems a much bigger role.

Characters shouldn't be added because they're villains? So then let's have Smash with only the heroes again guys. See if the sales don't take a hit at least somewhat.

Other than this, I think Stryks covered it in his last post.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Attention: Crayola

Watch yourself pal, I'm the last person you want to debate with.

For starters, what even dared IMPLY that this was my territory, or is that just your way of putting words into people's mouths?

I never denied anyone's right to argue in a public thread on a forum with God knows how many registered users and even more unregistered. However, allow me direct you to the title of the thread if this is the game you want to play. Notice how it says, "Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villian." While that title itself may be opinionated, that doesn't change the fact that this topic is about Star Fox VILLIANS, not about Slippy, ROB, Amanda, Peppy, Bill Grey, Katt, or anyone with similar character standings, so if you want to play the technical game with me, get out now because you're argueing the wrong topic in the wrong thread.

I doubt that "Wolf fans have this idea that Strksys is swiftly batting away 'Wolf haters'." For starters, I bet I'm the first one to even mention something like that and you took one, maybe a couple, comments and blew them out of proportion. Not to mention it was a joke to begin with.

Finally, no one is claiming they have power over some final vote for the character roster, they are claiming their right to their opinion, so don't twists such concepts, and before you say, "Oh, well that's what I'm doing bleh bleh bleh bleh," I point to my above comment about you argueing the wrong topic in the wrong thread.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Wolf saves you TWICE in assault and help you out against the enemy in command, he almost gave his life for star fox in armada, that tops the "falco came in the last sec to help fox against andross"
No, Falco coming in at the last second to help Fox against ANDROSS tops Wolf saving Fox in Assault.
ROB IS NOT A MAJOR CHARACTER, BUT IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP OUT FOX, and rob from star fox DOESNT HAVE ANY MAJOR ROLES... Does that mean that slippy JUST BECAUSE hes part of the team means he has big roles? NO
ROB is HARDLY ever there in most Star Fox games. You seem to be repeating the exact same thing. I've already said that I'm talking about the CORE Star Fox team. You know, the characters that are usually there in EVERY SINGLE level? They don't just sit there - the in game dialogue is part of the narrative. Stop acting as if the only times you get to see the characters are in cutscenes.

Having little to no villains in the game didnt stop the previous games, but thats the thing the characters seemed souless just fighting without any real reason, the subspace emmisary is about to change that since theres now a plot, and why fox fighting all these enemies without his own wouldnt make sense, sure it doesnt mean EVERY franchise needs an enemy, but since wolf has the popularity, the major roles in his game, etc. hes a good contender to be in...
A character doesn't need to be playable to be a boss.

the ONLY reason Ive seen from u so far is the:
"The game is named star fox thus only star fox team member should get in"

and that logic fails...
You obviously didn't read my posts properly. That was just a small point I made to emphasise the whole "main character" argument I was making. You're just picking it out and saying that's my only argument to suit you. :)

THEN WHO ARE YOU TO SAY ONLY STAR FOX MEMBERS SHOULD GET IN, U HAVE EARN IT:
Please get over yourself. You're obviously a person who places more importance in "pwning someone" than anything else.

The next person:

Slippy and an active role? Where? The role of the guy who I save every other level from being shot down by two enemies doesn't seem too good a role. The one where I face you twice in a short game and you are considered my rival, the one where your supposed to be like my equal and are the hardest enemy in the game seems a much bigger role.
I don't know how to respond to this, due to not knowing what you mean by "Too good a role?" The fact that you remember Slippy by this attribute means that his role is significant, nevertheless.

Characters shouldn't be added because they're villains? So then let's have Smash with only the heroes again guys. See if the sales don't take a hit at least somewhat.
Yes, characters shouldn't be added JUST BECAUSE they're villains.I don't need to elaborate.

And the other guy:

LOL. :laugh: Is this guy actually threatening me about "debating" with him? Please get over yourself and your ego. The sheer cheek of it! :laugh:

While that title itself may be opinionated, that doesn't change the fact that this topic is about Star Fox VILLIANS .... so if you want to play the technical game with me, get out now because you're argueing the wrong topic in the wrong thread.
OK, Master Debater, let's play the "technical game".

a. The discussion has clearly ;progressed' from the original post.
b. The forum states that multiple threads about the same thing are bad. When I go to the Character Index, clicking "Wolf" takes me to this thread, meaning that if I want to discuss Wolf, I should go to this thread.

Finally, no one is claiming they have power over some final vote for the character roster, they are claiming their right to their opinion
Yeah, but with the extremely lame and childish PWNED! FRAWRESS VICTOREEEE! mentality, which annoys me.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Kashakunaki, you're my hero!

All this talk about which starfox characters were the best choice.If my memory serves me right back in the day there was a thread where such discussions were held, and this thread here was spawned from that thread when a discussion about whether Wolf or Andross would be the "villain" chosen to be for braw. To back up what kashakunaki (whose name is difficult to type) said, this thread should be used to discuss wolf as a fighter and whether or not he is the villain to be chosen for brawl. I suppose if you want to argue whether or not Wolf deserves a place more than lets say Slippy, you can take it there.

And gentlemen, play nice.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
OK, Master Debater, let's play the "technical game".

a. The discussion has clearly ;progressed' from the original post.
b. The forum states that multiple threads about the same thing are bad. When I go to the Character Index, clicking "Wolf" takes me to this thread, meaning that if I want to discuss Wolf, I should go to this thread.
I'm no "Master Debater" but one doesn't have to be to see and prove how wrong and how childish you are being.

Allow me to reiterate: Discussion in a thread should pertain to the thread's original intent or purpose. This thread is called "All about Wolf O' Donnell," now is it? There are plently of other Star Fox friends, one about Andross, one about Krystal, and one about who would be better pick in general.

You're still losing the technical game. Get your arguement out of our house.

Yeah, but with the extremely lame and childish PWNED! FRAWRESS VICTOREEEE! mentality, which annoys me.
The only person typing "pwned" or any other variation of the word "owned" here is you. And you know what else? You annoy me, doesn't change the fact that I'm right, you're wrong, and you failed to address my point with a rebuttal. I win.

Vulpine Haha, thanks Vulpine. You're awesome, too, and 100% correct now that you mention. This thread in and of itself is a branch OF such an aforementioned topic. So go bother another group of people in a different topic with your flawed logic.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Here we go again

I forgot to say, Wolf might have more fans than Falco since Wolf's Fanbase Rivals Krystal fanbase. There was a poll around here a long time ago.
Found it: View Poll Results: Which of these would you like to see in Brawl?

according to the poll, Wolf exceeds Krystal. in fact, Wolf is within 5 votes of Ridley and Dedede, (out of 262 votes)
While we're throwing around the "Wolf's not popular!" trump card I thought I'd douse this immature fire, again Wolf is popular and people do want him in. Do your homework and check your facts.

moving on...

I hope you know what you're getting into Crayola.
All I've seen you do is recite some ridiculous meaningless tidbit and insult people. Cool it windbag, Flames are hot and flashy and all, but against solid facts, there's no hope. You'd best deflate your balloon full of hot air before someone sharp comes around and pops it. (major metaphors in there if you didn't catch them)
... Don't flame Wolf in a Wolf thread. It doesn't end well.
We've heard these arguments all before, and trumped them all before.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Allow me to reiterate: Discussion in a thread should pertain to the thread's original intent or purpose. This thread is called "All about Wolf O' Donnell," now is it? There are plently of other Star Fox friends, one about Andross, one about Krystal, and one about who would be better pick in general.
And am I not talking about Wolf O' Donnell? Yes, I am. So "technically", I'm doing the right thing.

The only person typing "pwned" or any other variation of the word "owned" here is you. And you know what else? You annoy me, doesn't change the fact that I'm right, you're wrong, and you failed to address my point with a rebuttal. I win.
Yes, so what if I've typed "pwned"? And what point did I fail to address with a rebuttal?

This is exactly what I mean by your attitude, it's CLEAR that you think highly of yourself, and you desperately want come across as being some intellectual mastermind. Your first post where you "threatened" me not to argue with you is pure and utter proof of this. Again - get over yourself.

If that makes you feel better, carry on deluding yourself that you've won. What's happening now is that a few Pro-Wolf people are coming into this thread hi-fiving you, and feeding your ego.

Cool it windbag, Flames are hot and flashy and all, but against solid facts, there's no hope. You'd best deflate your balloon full of hot air before someone sharp comes around and pops it. (major metaphors in there if you didn't catch them)
I know exactly what I'm getting into, but thanks for your concern. I'm not flaming anyone, either. Oh, and would you please tell me what these "facts" are? Thanks.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty neutral on Wolf's inclusion, and I can't understand why there would be animosity for him. If you don't like him, then don't post. We don't know his chances, we don't know. Period. We can only hope he will be included. There really isn't a scale of chance we can use. Pokemon Trainer!? If you asked me in March what his chances were I would have called you nuts. So stop using the "THEY CULD NEVAR BE IN BRAWL!!!!!" defense. Anyone can be in Brawl. ANYONE. /rant

Crayola

Smash Cadet
So stop using the "THEY CULD NEVAR BE IN BRAWL!!!!!" defense. Anyone can be in Brawl. ANYONE. /rant
No-one was using that argument. If you're referring to me, I said that I don't mind Wolf making it in, but not over Wolf and Krystal.

Blazer

Smash Ace
No-one was using that argument. If you're referring to me, I said that I don't mind Wolf making it in, but not over Wolf and Krystal.
Is that what your problem is? K. You have your opinion we have ours. There's a Krystal thread and you can go to it.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
All this talk about egos. You know what your problem is? I'm too attractive. I kid...but seriously I am.

Lighten up a little.

Truthiness to what prettymanfairy said. You really cant say one character is more deserving than another, because in reality each character has a pretty equal shot. To say so leads to a series of pointless argument which nobody truly wins until that character is finally accepted.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
All this talk about egos. You know what your problem is? I'm too attractive. I kid...but seriously I am.

Lighten up a little.

Truthiness to what prettymanfairy said. You really cant say one character is more deserving than another, because in reality each character has a pretty equal shot. To say so leads to a series of pointless argument which nobody truly wins until that character is finally accepted.
This, I agree with. I've hardly seen any "character debates" where one person drops his argument and converts to the opposing side :)

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
This, I agree with. I've hardly seen any "character debates" where one person drops his argument and converts to the opposing side :)
You must be smokin' and postin' because I think youre imagining things. It's okay it happens to most of us. If you havent picked up a bowl this morning, I would appreciate it if words were not put in my mouth. Thank you.

Now. I thought I made my point clear that this kind of argument is needless for both sides. I support Wolf but I dont believe my energy is best spent arguing with you. I mean, what do I have to gain? If somehow I was able to convince you that he was the best choice (an argument that should be made in a separate thread mind you), I don't really see how I made a difference in the world.

Back when this thread was about whether Wolf or Andross was a more fitting villain, I was a little more eager to shoot down other people's opinions. Right now I'm content trying to keep the peace here.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
You must be smokin' and postin' because I think youre imagining things. It's okay it happens to most of us. If you havent picked up a bowl this morning, I would appreciate it if words were not put in my mouth. Thank you.

Now. I thought I made my point clear that this kind of argument is needless for both sides. I support Wolf but I dont believe my energy is best spent arguing with you. I mean, what do I have to gain? If somehow I was able to convince you that he was the best choice (an argument that should be made in a separate thread mind you), I don't really see how I made a difference in the world.
LOL, my goodness. You must be the one "smokin and postin", since you're trying to argue with me WHEN I AGREED WITH YOUR POINT. Cor blimey.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
LOL, my goodness. You must be the one "smokin and postin", since you're trying to argue with me WHEN I AGREED WITH YOUR POINT. Cor blimey.
Yes but it seems you agreed with a point I didnt make. I believe you said I "dropped my argument and converted." When in fact I tried to stay rather neutral which is something completely different.

The ego thing...well that was just a bit of comic relief. :)

Now I gotta go to trig.

And seriously I am too attractive.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
All I've seen you do is recite some ridiculous meaningless tidbit and insult people. Cool it windbag, Flames are hot and flashy and all, but against solid facts, there's no hope. You'd best deflate your balloon full of hot air before someone sharp comes around and pops it. (major metaphors in there if you didn't catch them)
Well said.

And am I not talking about Wolf O' Donnell? Yes, I am. So "technically", I'm doing the right thing.
Yes, you are. However, this isn't the thread where everyone comes to diddle daddle about Wolf. It's about why he is the superior villian choice. There are thread in which your incoherent babbling DOES belong. However, such a place isn't this one.

Move on.

Yes, so what if I've typed "pwned"? And what point did I fail to address with a rebuttal?
Man, you're ignorant. My point is no one but YOU is making such statements. You are making statements and comments and throwing them into other people's mouths so that's why YOU are in the wrong. And you failed to defend yourself about how you're blowing things out of proportions, does that mean you accept that you are?

This is exactly what I mean by your attitude, it's CLEAR that you think highly of yourself, and you desperately want come across as being some intellectual mastermind. Your first post where you "threatened" me not to argue with you is pure and utter proof of this. Again - get over yourself.
No, you get over yourself. Yes, I do think well of myself, and yes, I do have an attitude, but so do you and your attitude is that your opinion is fact and right and no one else's matters which is just wrong. I don't strive to "desperately come across as being some intellectual mastermind," because for one I don't care what others think of me, two I don't have to prove myself to some kid over the internet, and three I already know I'm an intelligent human being and not only do I not feel the need to prove such a point to someone I don't know, but I don't care. Again, you get over yourself.

If that makes you feel better, carry on deluding yourself that you've won. What's happening now is that a few Pro-Wolf people are coming into this thread hi-fiving you, and feeding your ego.
Deluding myself that I've won? If by me you mean the entire thread. For the final time, your arguement doesn't belong here and Chaos_Leader pretty much put you into the ground as is, so if anything we've won on that technicality alone. Not to mention your ill-supported logic hardly helps to serve your case.

I know exactly what I'm getting into
Then why haven't you given up and left yet?

Why should I go to the Krystal thread? I'm more anti-Wolf than pro-Krystal.
Did you not just state you don't mind Wolf making it in? Hypocrite.

Lighten up a little.
Rofl. That's sexy.

This, I agree with. I've hardly seen any "character debates" where one person drops his argument and converts to the opposing side
Who are you to talk? My opening post for my return to this thread was basically one saying hi to everyone, making a joking comment toward Strksys, and an epic scenario idea... and you attacked me. Lighten up.

@ Vulpine Yeah... with Andross and Bowserlick (I love ya man, lol) outta of the picture, Wolf IS the only good villian choice ;).

I was so giddy when I saw Andross... and the yellow item sign next to him... though I wish it wasn't the SNES version of him... come on...

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Well said.

Yes, you are. However, this isn't the thread where everyone comes to diddle daddle about Wolf. It's about why he is the superior villian choice. There are thread in which your incoherent babbling DOES belong. However, such a place isn't this one.
Yes, this IS the thread where everyone comes to "diddle daddle" about Wolf. Which is why it's in the Character Index. The conversation has come a long way from debating whether Andross, Andrew or Leon should make it in instead of Wolf.

Man, you're ignorant. My point is no one but YOU is making such statements. You are making statements and comments and throwing them into other people's mouths so that's why YOU are in the wrong.
I'm throwing words into other people's mouths? *Laughs* You're the one who said this:

That's pretty arrogant.

And you failed to defend yourself about how you're blowing things out of proportions, does that mean you accept that you are?
No, I'm not blowing things out of proportion.

No, you get over yourself.
Lol @ "NO U" argument

Yes, I do think well of myself, and yes, I do have an attitude, but so do you and your attitude is that your opinion is fact and right and no one else's matters which is just wrong.
Nope, I don't think my opinion is fact. When I argue, I state my point and let the other person reply. Yes, my comments may be infused with a bit of attitude or enthusiasm, but I don't have orgasms over a point I've just made. That other guy did the same thing with that silly wrestler meme thing, and you're doing it too. That just REEKS of ego, and just reminds me of playground behaviour, which is why I brought the "OMG PWNED" thing up.

I don't strive to "desperately come across as being some intellectual mastermind," because for one I don't care what others think of me, two I don't have to prove myself to some kid over the internet, and three I already know I'm an intelligent human being and not only do I not feel the need to prove such a point to someone I don't know, but I don't care. Again, you get over yourself.
Again, I'll refer to the "watch yourself, pal" comment, which suggests that I shouldn't DARE argue with you. Oh, and Point two and three are exactly the same.

Deluding myself that I've won? If by me you mean the entire thread. For the final time, your arguement doesn't belong here and Chaos_Leader pretty much put you into the ground as is, so if anything we've won on that technicality alone. Not to mention your ill-supported logic hardly helps to serve your case.
And HERE we go again. This is the "hi-fiving" I'm referring to. You and those other posters agree on the same things, and at the moment, I'm in the minority - just because you have other people agreeing with your points doesn't mean that what you say is absolute . Lol, who are YOU to say that you've "won" or my logic is ill-supported? If you didn't notice, you're not exactly on neutral grounds, are you? I could go and muster up a team of people who think Banjo and Kazooie should be in Brawl. :laugh:

Oh, and if my argument doesn't belong here, then why do you keep replying to my posts?

Then why haven't you given up and left yet?
And Kashakadasidasd is being a hypocrite yet again. You're indirectly saying that YOU'RE right, so I might as well leave.

Did you not just state you don't mind Wolf making it in? Hypocrite.
You obviously incapable of reading properly:

I'm not that bothered really if Wolf gets in, just as long as Falco and Krystal make it in before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom