• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i figured as far as smash goes there wouldn't be any sort of revolver or other realworld weapon, but when i was painting him i just pictured wolf as the kind of tough guy character that would have one. Anyway really as long as he is playable at all I will be happy and just adapt to whatever moves he has. tbh though I'm not too big on the idea of him being a fox clone... I would much rather have him have a unique moveset, while falco could keep his role of fox clone. We'll see what happens. IF he does end up being a fox clone, I hope they at least make them decently contrast, as in wolf being a brute, much slower(for the sake of smash, I know he's faster in assault) and much more power/knockback.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i used to be a falco fan waaaay back when starfox 64 was first out. But over the years as the series has gone on i've lost interest in him as a character. By the time melee came out, I wasn't much of a falco fan anymore. By then I like fox and wolf more as characters, so I was not all that pumped when i found out falco was in melee. By the time assault came out, I was a full fledged Star Wolf fan. wolf and his team were real cool in 64, but lacked much importance in the story arc. Once assault gave wolf that important character devopment and story signifigance, Wolf became my favorite character BY FAR.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Ewwww...I hate Wolf!!!

Bad choice for a playable, I'm sorry.
would you be so kind to elaborate on your views? I don't mind dislike of a character, if they have a sensable point of view. but an empty flame really doesnt do much, if you could tell us why you "hate" Wolf, you will avoid a firestorm of angry fanboys, believe me it's happened before.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I think Wolf has all the right reasons to be in. He is a villain from a popular series, he himself is popular, he could have a unique moveset, he is similar yet completely different from Fox. I have him on my roster as well as Fox, Falco and Krystal. Wolf for brawl:D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wolf has alot of advatages in Star Fox Assault , he can have these effects on Brawl.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah the base is the only real specific wolf-related stage instead any other location representing the series as a whole. Maybe the location of Venom when you confront them one last time in starfox 64? Either way i'm pumped at the idea of playing wolf with his theme music in the background. Wolf for brawl!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol great Wolf, maybe in a star wolf game (so waiting for it to happen) but yeah the base seems the most obvious place for a wolf stage...

boltfreak6

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else think that this delay comfirms Wolf because now with a lot of extra time they are bound to put in more characters. So what do you guys think. Charcters with chances have probably risen

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i highly doubt that in the extra time since the delay they're going to add more characters then they had already planned. Most likely the extra time is just for fine tuning; to fully add more features or characters would probably require a lot more time than an extra two months? either way i say wolf has pretty good chances

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
if wolf was there would he jus b a better version of fox nd falco
No.

Cut the crap. Nobody likes to read baseless, pointless, and useless ramblings.

Back to the discussion, here's my input.

If Wolf was added to Brawl, he would provide the middle ground for the Star Fox franchise. Since 4 characters is a bit too much (Fox, Wolf, Krystal & Falco), by cutting Falco that would leave a hero, a female, and a villain/rival. This selection of characters satisfies a larger portion of the playerbase rather than 2 heroes and 1 female.

As much as I'd hate to see Falco get cut, he just doesn't provide the amount of badassness that Wolf does. Yes, I will point out that Falco is somewhat brash and snide, as well as other qualities that contrast with Fox. However, it's just not enough and in this respect, his character is not distinctly different from Fox, meaning he will just end up being too much like a clone.

Trust me, there are some players who would like to play a Star Fox character, but dislike playing as Fox, so adding Wolf would satisfy that preference.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The Japanese fans seem to think Wolf has awfully good chances to be included:

Translated (Badly)

Original Japanese (for those Japanese scholars)

The English is a little sideways, but it's not impossible to decipher. from the looks of it, they gave Wolf about 85%-90% chance to be included, keep in mind that Brawl is being made by the Japanese. Some of us here in the US don't give this guy a high enough chance.
I hope you enjoy this tidbit...

Stryks

Smash Hero
"Fox is often shoot at each other, and now each other's eternal rivals."

So fox shoots at wolf and wolf shoots at fox thus they are eternal rivals hahaha that made my day...

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
I think that most people don't give Wolf enough chances, and don't see that he has pretty good chances of making it, is because he looks similar to Fox, but that doesn't mean that he can't have unique moves. I think that Wolf should and will replace Falco in Brawl (even though I like Falco), and he won't be a clone. They were about to put him in Melee. Sure some will say "Krystal wasn't there when Melee came", but I think that if Star Fox is getting 3 representatives and not 4, they should put in 2 good guys and 1 villain/rival and Wolf is perfect for that spot. He is almost as (if not a bit more) requested as Krystal and they both deserve a spot.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
well, as is apparent, I like Krystal the best as a SF rep, and think that she should get in next. However, Wolf is one of my favorite characters and should also get in, replacing Falco.

Between Wolf and Falco, Wolf would be the better character to differentiate that he is a separate play style than Fox. He's obviously heavier and a bit slower, whereas with Falco you can't really tell right away.

I dunno about other people, but from my perspective, Wolf is kinda like Wario- a character that you expected to be in Melee, but wasnt. Thus, this time around, he needs to be in.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
If Wolf was added to Brawl, he would provide the middle ground for the Star Fox franchise. Since 4 characters is a bit too much (Fox, Wolf, Krystal & Falco), by cutting Falco that would leave a hero, a female, and a villain/rival. This selection of characters satisfies a larger portion of the playerbase rather than 2 heroes and 1 female.
Yes, why can't the falco fans see this? They keep saying that falco has a huge fanbase, but so does wolf. they say falco's fanbase was practically doubled by his inclusion in melee, making it bigger than it seems. But they don't seem to understand that Wolf's Fanbase Will Be Increased Too!! They're mostly worried about losing their main.

idiots.

PS. when will you make a new episode in your comic Stryks?

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is hot... XD
Nah, I just want him in a little more than I want Krystal, 3-4 charachter from the Star Fox franchise would be awesome.
Besides, No similar moves, Just cause Wolf is a little similar to Fox doesnt mean he has to have a similar moveset to Fox, I guess Sakurai has the imagnation to suprise us.
Id love to see a brawl fight between Fox and Wolf

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
man i really want wolf. i would be sorely disappointed if he didn't make it. assuming he is in right now it seems like it'll be a toss-up between wolf and ridley as far as who my main will be.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
that simple fact, that he was intended for melee, should, at least i would think, make him a shoe in for brawl. We'll see in a few months.

Shuma

Smash Hero
About Wolf being a clone, think about this:

If sakurai considered Wolf was a Fox clone, wouldn't he have addedd him to melee instead of Falco?

I think i wond the clone argument.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
About Wolf being a clone, think about this:

If sakurai considered Wolf was a Fox clone, wouldn't he have addedd him to melee instead of Falco?

I think i wond the clone argument.
Have you played Star Fox 64? We never even saw Wolf's body, just his head. He just showed up as one fourth of a boss that you may or may not have fought depending on the route you took. While Falco wasn't very important at the time either, he still did more than Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom