• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Especially after Bowser backed up Mario in the Seven Stars game. Bowser is awesome but he's become sort of like a more sinister version of King Dedede - not quite a full blown evil but causes lots of problems. Anyway I love the characters of Star Fox (except Krystal) so I'd hope for anyone to join the brawl, but Wolf has very little chance against all the other options. For instance, I'd still love to have a match between the whole Star Fox crew (Peppy, Falco, Fox, Slippy). And there are tons of Krystal fans for some bizarre reason... my guess is they are all furry fetishists. ;)

I'll be very pleased if I'm wrong and Wolf shows up.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
1) @TidalSpiral:
I'm fed up with sp many people accusing krysatl fans of being furries... need I remind you that the majority of furries are homosexual males... so, if anything, they'd want WOLF in... but I digress.
Pictoras por favor!:)

If this is true.......dang, I had so high hopes for Wolf too. This makes a brotha like so sad.:(
2) "Pictoras" is not a word :p try "fotos"
3) Nintendo hasn't released any alt costume pics yet, and I think it's illegal to just snap them during the demos, and even if they were, they's be low quality and Wolf fanboys would shout "inconclusive" and wolf anti fans would shout "deconfirmed" no matter what the results

HOWEVER, the preliminary reports state that Fox has a new outfit involving his fur changing to Wolf's grey.

if this is truly the case then I have to say that wolf's chances shoot to 0% just because Wolf and Fox are tremendously similar. They have approximately the same stature though Wolf is a little bigger. They have the exact same ability with weapons and space fighters... they are both of wild canine spicie. If you cange fox's colours to wolf, he will essentially look just like wolf would if he were in the game. If this is the case, then I find it incredibly unlikely (less than .1%) that sakurai would include wolf. I mean, why would you give fox a special outfit to look like wolf if you could play wolf anyway? It seems to be an obvious attempt by sakurai to please wolf fans by not reducing wolf to an assist trophy and allowing you to "play as wolf" without wolf actually being a character.

I know that a lot of hard core wolf fans aren't going to accept this, but it really does appear to be the case if you step back and look at it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Seriously, all Krystal fans are giving a very bad impression after what happened today in her thread.
I mean, I suppose I can see why it's happening; despite the fact that she is a humanoid fox animated character and not a human, it is clear that she was created for sex appeal, just like Zero Suit Samus... whether it's right or wrong,

Because of this, you'll see some of the people who are drawn in by this... it doesn't mean that that's her only, or even her largest fanbase... it's just the easiest one for people to see and criticize

0rion

Smash Journeyman
1) @TidalSpiral:
I'm fed up with sp many people accusing krysatl fans of being furries... need I remind you that the majority of furries are homosexual males... so, if anything, they'd want WOLF in... but I digress.

2) "Pictoras" is not a word :p try "fotos"
3) Nintendo hasn't released any alt costume pics yet, and I think it's illegal to just snap them during the demos, and even if they were, they's be low quality and Wolf fanboys would shout "inconclusive" and wolf anti fans would shout "deconfirmed" no matter what the results

HOWEVER, the preliminary reports state that Fox has a new outfit involving his fur changing to Wolf's grey.

if this is truly the case then I have to say that wolf's chances shoot to 0% just because Wolf and Fox are tremendously similar. They have approximately the same stature though Wolf is a little bigger. They have the exact same ability with weapons and space fighters... they are both of wild canine spicie. If you cange fox's colours to wolf, he will essentially look just like wolf would if he were in the game. If this is the case, then I find it incredibly unlikely (less than .1%) that sakurai would include wolf. I mean, why would you give fox a special outfit to look like wolf if you could play wolf anyway? It seems to be an obvious attempt by sakurai to please wolf fans by not reducing wolf to an assist trophy and allowing you to "play as wolf" without wolf actually being a character.

I know that a lot of hard core wolf fans aren't going to accept this, but it really does appear to be the case if you step back and look at it.
Dogone it!! Nah man, I wanted Wolf with his own moveset and everything! And at the very LEAST, let Wolf be a "Luigified" clone of Fox. This isn't fair man! This blows big time!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well i find it hard to belive to just say he is deconfirmed, only his FUR changes, not clothes or face, nothing else but his Fur. So until i see a pic of him, i whon't believe Wolf is 100% deconfirmed, maybe 90% deconfirmed.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Dogone it!! Nah man, I wanted Wolf with his own moveset and everything! And at the very LEAST, let Wolf be a "Luigified" clone of Fox. This isn't fair man! This blows big time!
but I mean really consider this... if anyone deserves to be luigified, it's falco. kinda sucks though if only one outfit sports wolf fur since that will obviously be the fox outfirt of choice for many.

Well i find it hard to belive to just say he is deconfirmed, only his FUR changes, not clothes or face, nothing else but his Fur. So until i see a pic of him, i whon't believe Wolf is 100% deconfirmed, maybe 90% deconfirmed.
I suppose 90% is as good as I'll get from you isn't it... fine then

Shuma

Smash Hero
Once i see the pic i can say he's deconfirmed, but come on... some one said Marth was an Ike costume.....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm having a harder time seeing that one if for no other reason than because Ike and marth's colours are so similar to begin with... It would be such a subtle pallate swap that you wouldn't be able to tell Ike and Ike dressed like marth appart.

doesn't mean it's not the truth, I just wager that it's more likely that some person saw Ike and mistakenly thought he was dressed like marth.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
but I mean really consider this... if anyone deserves to be luigified, it's falco. kinda sucks though if only one outfit sports wolf fur since that will obviously be the fox outfirt of choice for many.

I suppose 90% is as good as I'll get from you isn't it... fine then
But Hedgedawg.....

I want Sakurai to spoil me. Brawl needs the StarFox Trifecta! Havin Wolf, Mr. Lombardi, and Fox would own! That's.....that's the Trinity of Smash right there!

Meh, sorry, I don't care much for Krystal. THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD! jk!:laugh:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But Hedgedawg.....

I want Sakurai to spoil me. Brawl needs the StarFox Trifecta! Havin Wolf, Mr. Lombardi, and Fox would own! That's.....that's the Trinity of Smash right there!

Meh, sorry, I don't care much for Krystal. THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD! jk!:laugh:
it just doesn;t seem practical to make 3 charcters that are so similar 3 separate characters... especially when fox and wolf are SO similar that an alternate outfit can actually make one character pull double duty.

Whether you like Krystal or not, you have to admit that she at least brings something fresh. She has completely different appeal (not sex appeal I mean like she has a different style and a different group of smashers that would use her)

Fox falco and wolf don't really bring anything separate from each other and would appeal to the same group as just fox and falco would more or less.

I hope I made that clear since I tend to be bad at such things...

... anyway, I understand that you want Wolf, but I mean you've got to look at it this way: realistically, there were only 2 spots there.... I m4ean SSB is not exclusively for starfox fans... due to space, time and practicality constraints... I mean only 2 of your trifecta were going to make it.... and it should be obvious who those two would probably be... sorry... it's just the way things had to work out.

I know you don't like it, but you must admit, a fox alt out. is far better than nothing at all.... or just being stuck in a wolfen as a stage hazard or an AT

0rion

Smash Journeyman
it just doesn;t seem practical to make 3 charcters that are so similar 3 separate characters... especially when fox and wolf are SO similar that an alternate outfit can actually make one character pull double duty.

Whether you like Krystal or not, you have to admit that she at least brings something fresh. She has completely different appeal (not sex appeal I mean like she has a different style and a different group of smashers that would use her)

Fox falco and wolf don't really bring anything separate from each other and would appeal to the same group as just fox and falco would more or less.

I hope I made that clear since I tend to be bad at such things...

... anyway, I understand that you want Wolf, but I mean you've got to look at it this way: realistically, there were only 2 spots there.... I m4ean SSB is not exclusively for starfox fans... due to space, time and practicality constraints... I mean only 2 of your trifecta were going to make it.... and it should be obvious who those two would probably be... sorry... it's just the way things had to work out.

I know you don't like it, but you must admit, a fox alt out. is far better than nothing at all.... or just being stuck in a wolfen as a stage hazard or an AT
Fine!! But like Shuma said, I need to see a pic to be totally sure of Wolf's indefinite confirmation.

And yeah, Krystal has her telekinesis and her quarterstaff. Yup, she'd be a nice addition to Brawl, but just not over Wolf. Wolf just owns plain and simple! It's his right, his right to be in Brawl, not as an assist trophy, not in a Wolfen, but as a "Luigified" Fox character. And it's a pretty sad day if Sakurai can't come up with the goods.

And Mr. Lombardi, HA!, he's like such a given.

Black/Light

Smash Master
From what I heard not only does his fur change color but his uniform changes to look more like DS SF Wolf's uniform. I will re-read that. . .

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Well, many people weren't sure on the return of falco, many still aren't. I mean, he was defined as a clone in Melee, and we all know that Sakurai was not a fan of clones. I thought that Falco was added sort of last minute into Melee anyway, and it was somehting he regretted (though many thousands of Smashers loved it). Wolf would have been something different, not a friend, but a foe. And Krystal, well, she deserves it. She got screwed over back in N64 days when she was set to star in her own game "Dinosaur Planet", which of course turned into Star Fox adventures after it was delayed and she lost the main role, which Fox gladly stole. She would also be individual, add to the very small female roster, and indeed make the fetishists happy, though not as happy as most of the Krystal fanboys who just want to see her get waht she deserves, and to have a staff (come on, it's like Darth Maul! How can you say no!!!)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wolf is just an evil version of Fox. Seeing that he's an alternate costume just proves that he won't be in the game.

One could say the same to Marth but Ike is not even similar to him. He's slower and has different moves.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Fine!! But like Shuma said, I need to see a pic to be totally sure of Wolf's indefinite confirmation.

And yeah, Krystal has her telekinesis and her quarterstaff. Yup, she'd be a nice addition to Brawl, but just not over Wolf. Wolf just owns plain and simple! It's his right, his right to be in Brawl, not as an assist trophy, not in a Wolfen, but as a "Luigified" Fox character. And it's a pretty sad day if Sakurai can't come up with the goods.

And Mr. Lombardi, HA!, he's like such a given.
true... I haven't personally seen it yet either so I'm just going off of what I hear... but if what I hear is true, then wolf is pretty much a no go

And whether falco makes it or not (his inclusion isn't as set in stone as you seem to think, but the supposed deconfirmation of wolf certainly helps his odds), most people (by a good margin) agree that he deserves the spot more than wolf. Sakurai wasn't going to luigify 2 characters so I mean... blame falco if you want, but wolf just couldn't compete with his competition.

Well, many people weren't sure on the return of falco, many still aren't. I mean, he was defined as a clone in Melee, and we all know that Sakurai was not a fan of clones. I thought that Falco was added sort of last minute into Melee anyway, and it was somehting he regretted (though many thousands of Smashers loved it). Wolf would have been something different, not a friend, but a foe. And Krystal, well, she deserves it. She got screwed over back in N64 days when she was set to star in her own game "Dinosaur Planet", which of course turned into Star Fox adventures after it was delayed and she lost the main role, which Fox gladly stole. She would also be individual, add to the very small female roster, and indeed make the fetishists happy, though not as happy as most of the Krystal fanboys who just want to see her get waht she deserves, and to have a staff (come on, it's like Darth Maul! How can you say no!!!)
true dat. I mean I loved staff weilding krystal... she was just so awesome.... and then fox stole her staff <_< and thusly her game.

personally, however, I can completely look past this if krystal makes it into brawl... I like SSB titles more than any SF title.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, i found this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t18ojQrx-go

You can see the "wolf" costume up close and personal when Fox does his FS, ok... it's pretty low quality, but it doesn't looks anything like this:

His fur doesn't even look gray. Of course it IS very low quality, but i'm pretty sure, there are no Wolf clothes, or "mohawk" or eye patch.

Edit:

@Sonic:

Falco is not more popular than Wolf in this forum, the polls prove itm since Wolf was even 2 votes above krystal, of course, that might be just in this forum.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wolf is just an evil version of Fox. Seeing that he's an alternate costume just proves that he won't be in the game.

One could say the same to Marth but Ike is not even similar to him. He's slower and has different moves.
Thats stupid, I can just say Ike is a newer version of marth by ur logic...
Ur only saying theyre diferent NOW because we know marth is faster than Ike, if wolf were to be confirmed then we would know wolf would be diferent from marth, ur only using the known facts and using it to bash a character by his appearance...

and I agree with shuma, its a dark uniform fox, not a wolf costume, seriously just because samus has a blue color doesnt disconform dark samus now does it?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i found this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t18ojQrx-go

You can see the "wolf" costume up close and personal when Fox does his FS, ok... it's pretty low quality, but it doesn't looks anything like this:

His fur doesn't even look gray. Of course it IS very low quality, but i'm pretty sure, there are no Wolf clothes, or "mohawk" or eye patch.

Edit:

@Sonic:

Falco is not more popular than Wolf in this forum, the polls prove itm since Wolf was even 2 votes above krystal, of course, that might be just in this forum.
Wait wait, Isnt that the purple Fox from Melee o_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZsxnQiCyo

I THINK this is the Wolf Fox we have been hearing about. But I'm not so sure since its bad quality XD

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Kooichi:

Well, that looks more like it, but still, the only change(it seems) thath is clothes are black. Nothing else.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah 1st time ever I agree with numa, his fur it still brown, MAYBE a little darker, but I bet its just the vid...

seriously why is it so hard for people to believe he just has a black colored alt? just like doc mario has a black costume...

Shuma

Smash Hero
When someone said Wolf was an Alt. Costume the first though to cross my mind was "****!" then someone said Marth was an Ike costume, then i realised someone was either blind, or had brain damage.

Edit:

His fur is dark brown, and his clothes are black, other than that, i don't see an eye patch or the Wolf Mohawk. But i'll wait until we see a higher quality video.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
eh, this really, really sucks. I want wolf so bad in this game, he's my most wanted along with ridley. Whether or not this whole gray furred fox changes does actually de-confirm wolf, I'm just not going to get my hopes up from now on expecting wolf to be his own character. If he is when i get the game i will be overjoyed, but if he isn't i will have expected it.

The thing is i feel wolf is different enough in appearance etc from fox. people may not realize it, but wolf is almost a head taller than fox, and much more muslcy; really much larger than fox than one would expect.

Shuma

Smash Hero
His fur is just dark brown... it's not wolf, i know some people(Kooichi) are eager to deconfirm Wolf because it would dramaticaly raise Falco's chances, but i think it's unfair to deconfirm him because fox's fur is darker....

Edit:

By this logic, we could deconfirm luigi, because Mario has a green outfit, yeah i know his pants are brown, but then again, the black fox costume is missing the eye patch etc, if it was a Wolf costume it would look exactly like Wolf.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
His fur is just dark brown... it's not wolf, i know some people(Kooichi) are eager to deconfirm Wolf because it would dramaticaly raise Falco's chances, but i think it's unfair to deconfirm him because fox's fur is darker....

Edit:

By this logic, we could deconfirm luigi, because Mario has a green outfit, yeah i know his pants are brown, but then again, the black fox costume is missing the eye patch etc, if it was a Wolf costume it would look exactly like Wolf.
Yea...I do really want Falco in Brawl XD

One thing I'm sure of is that: when I heard that Wolf was an alt. they also said that Fox did not wear an eye patch o.o So your right, it doesnt de-confirm Wolf yet.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'll wait until i see a GOOD picture of him, 'cause he might end being Wolf with his robotic eye patch, but from here it just looks like a Black Costume fox, and many characters are getting black Costumes now, Dark Link, Phazon Suit Samus, Dark Metaknight, Devil Pit, etc etc. So it might be just Fox's Dark Costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom