• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm a pro-Wolf guy, but wow you guys are just being childish. If you're going to defend the character at least do it properly. All I've really seen so far is Stryks repeating his points over and over with more capitals and "fails" each time and a little bit (read: a lot) of personal attacks.

@Kashakunaki - There is only one Wolf O'Donnell thread and that is this one. No doubt if Crayola had done the ******** thing and opened up a new thread to say why he thinks that Wolf shouldn't be in Brawl he most likely would've got referred to this one and had his closed, thus wasting more forum space. Calling up the fact that the name refers to villainary, which is wrong anyway because technically Andross is the main Star Fox villain and Wolf is an antagonistic rival to the Star Fox team and not a villain (I don't want to get into this discussion again though), is childish because it's clearly not the right thing to do. Does everyone in the "Ridley Support Thread" cry out that people shouldn't be posting anti-Ridley stuff in a support thread and should post it in another thread? No, of course not. Also if you choose to mock people on their writing, we may as well disregard everything that Stryks says. You know, with his "EPIC FAIL"s every other post...or was it every post?

@Blazer - The sales will take a hit if villains aren't added? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Characters aren't only popular because they are villains and they won't be added on that basis, since it's the character's merits that will secure them a place in Brawl. Wolf shouldn't be added to Brawl because he is Fox's rival and his inclusion would mean that thousands of Star Fox fanboys would finally get to play as Wolf and fight against Fox or vice versa because you can already do that. The sales would take a hit because a lot of popular characters that people wanted weren't included, not just because there were no "villains". I'd take Fox and Link over Fox and Wolf any day if it came down to that choice. You could make an entire roster out of hero characters and still have an absolutely fantastic game, but it stands to reason that some of those hero characters would not be preferable over more popular villains (though they obviously could still be great).

I think both sides need to cool down a little bit.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Vali has great points. Instead of ganging up on a person, try listening to his ideas and kindly disbunk them or simply state your own opinions without bashing.

And TECHNICALLY this is the Wolf thread. The title use to be Wolf for Brawl, but was changed when I made my Andross thread in order to counter my thread. We don't need eight different threads for one character. The discussions get much deeper when the topic is more general. Otherwise the thread grows stagnant when the majority do not allow the topic to be explored in different directions, as this thread has experienced again and again.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
wolf Is A Rival Which Is Different Than A Villain!
He's neither a good guy or bad guy bro. I'd sum him up as a complete wild card, a renegade so to speak. He does what he wants when he wants whether it be on the good guys side, the bad guys side, or just to make a quick buck. :)

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
something else...

Good points Vali. I will take them into consideration:

ok Crayola, since I do not share your point of view, perhaps you would be able give me some new perspective.

Krystal is for sure in over Wolf. She has many things going for her.
The debate (or whats left of it) was over "Who is more likely to be included?: Falco or Wolf?". I for one support Wolf, but will keep my opinions to myself for now. Rather than attack other members on this thread or their arguments, you can give us your reasons.

tell me Crayola, without mentioning any other post or any other member of SWF, what your reasons are that you believe Falco's chances are greater than Wolf's to be included in SSBB?

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Krystal is for sure in over Wolf. She has many things going for her.
The debate (or whats left of it) was over "Who is more likely to be included?: Falco or Wolf?". I
Most of Nintendo's popular franchises have one central character: While Mario is occasionally assisted by Luigi, Yoshi or Peach, and Kirby is occasionally assisted by Rick, Gooey or the helpers, they are usually solo. Same goes for Link, Pit and Samus (Who seldom receives help at all).

Star Fox is the only few Nintendo franchises in which a team, and not a single character, is central to the series. Fox is the main character, but Slippy, Falco, Krystal, etc. play a more active role than helper characters in other games. Without the team, there is no Fox. SF Adventures is the only game which goes against this philosophy, but it wasn't designed to be a Star Fox game in the first place.

Mother and Fire Emblem are the same, but the constant shuffling around of universes
lessen the importance of the characters. Nevertheless, Falco, Slippy and Peppy have been assisting Fox from day one, and have been in every single Star Fox title.

So, why Falco? Falco is Star Fox's second in command, so he would be the natural choice for a playable character from the Star Fox team. Including him would represent the Star Fox "team" element that I described above. Even if Krystal was a playable character, Falco should still make it as a PC based on the fact that he has been a main character since the original Star Fox.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*sigh*

This is why I left the first time. My first post was just a friendly post but I was assaulted, so I try to make a point and my opinion is assaulted and my points ignored, and then everyone turns.

Screw it.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
So, why Falco? Falco is Star Fox's second in command, so he would be the natural choice for a playable character from the Star Fox team. Including him would represent the Star Fox "team" element that I described above. Even if Krystal was a playable character, Falco should still make it as a PC based on the fact that he has been a main character since the original Star Fox.
Thank you for your input. Time will settle the disputes later. at this point, quick disgruntled opinions from either side aren't going to make much difference who gets in or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they include wolf....how would they implement him differently than fox...

and I don't think both Falco and Wolf will get in...Since they both use blasters unless they think of an even more unique way other than falco's way to shoot a blaster....unless Flaco gets a full change

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ive never really followed the Star Fox series but Wolf looks cool, so add him rather than Falco. :).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alright, I think its time to evaluate a potential DOWN B special for Wolf.

A DOWN B special is important in defining a character. Sakurai mentioned on his "How to Play" update about the roles of special moves. The B move is usually a projectile, the side B move is a bold attack in the stated direction, and the Up B is most likely a recovery move.

The DOWN B special, however, has no stated role and, as Sakurai says, "does an unusual thing." Therefore, this is arguably the most flavorful move from a moveset (of course there are exceptions.)

Lets examine them:

Mario: His Down B use to be the Mario Tornado. It, however, had limited use in Melee and seems dull compared to the other moves. Thus, it was shifted to another slot (perhaps Aerial Down A) and Mario rceived an unusal move. FLUDD. The ability to shield and charge a jet of water that has all knockback yet no attack power. Which allows Mario to be even more well rounded.

Luigi: In Melee he had a different version of the tornado. If he makes it in, this will probably changed. Maybe to the vaccuum.

Peach: Pulls out a turnip or item to throw. A SMB2 staple.

DK: Hits the ground popping the oppenent up. Right from DK Country.

Bowser: His move from SMB3 where he comes crashing down. This move, however, seems very similar to Yoshi's (even though technically Bowser has this move first in Nintendo history). Perhaps it can be altered for Brawl to have different properties.

Yoshi: Similar to Bowser's, but more useful due to speed and a star defense at the end.

Captain Falcon: A kick across the stage or diagnally in the air.

Link: Pulls out a bomb item.

Zelda: Transforms into Sheik. Vice versa.

Fox: The projectile reflector.

Kirby: The rock. More useful in the first game when he could cancel it faster.

Ness: Psi Magnet that can aid him in health recovery.

Ice Climbers: Icey breath in both directions with potential to freeze.

Samus: Bombs, useful for Bomb jumping.

Pikachu: A lightning bolt that rains from the sky.

Jigs: Rest, nearly an instant KO if it connects.

Mewtwo:
Disable, stuns the oppenent.

G&W:
Bucket which can collect projectiles and hurl them back in a damage culmative oil spill

Marth:
A physical Counter.

PT Trainer: Pokemon swap.

Wario: A fart that builds up the longer you do not pass gas.

I did not include clones in this list and obviously the Down B's can change in Brawl as it did with Mario.

But for the most part these moves are very flavorful and varied. An air to ground assault with the lightning bolt, a transformation, a reflector, a counter, a hard to use KO attack, a stun, a way to recover life, ect. Only Bowser, Yoshi, and Kirby get a little repetitive and of course the clones.

So with all this in mind, what should Wolf have. Remember we want to define his personality, keep him original, and try to move him away from Fox.

Here are some posted ideas on this forum:

Down B - Counterstance: Wolf Leans back on one leg, and holds his forearms before him, one slightly above his head, and one at chest height. Wolf is now in his counterstance, and when struck by physical attacks, he will slam the top arm's elbow into the enemy, then pulls back his other arm into a fist and slam it into the enemy, sending them away from him.

Down B- Target: Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's down B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing down B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

DownB - Convertor: A shield similar to the reflector that instead absorbs damage taken from items and attacking enemies, and converts it into an outward shock blast of 2 times the total damage. The absorbing shield would be red, and the shock wave would be an outward red blast. If an enemy was hit with the shield while attacking, they would be knocked away and the damage from the attack added, if they were not attacking, they would be drawn in, and then sent out

Feel free to list your own ideas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The target seems kinda cool, but would fail in when U wanna dash dance, edgehog, etc. the counterstance is just a rip-off of my counterslash which I made time before the guy that introduced the counterstance...

anyway I could thinf of something else, but Im gonna eat porkchops, no sane man can ignore porkchops...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Hey Bowserlick you missed my Down B.

Down B- Berserk- Wolf bites his own hand and performs 1 damage on himelf a second but in exchange wolf gets a slight speed and strength boost for every time he takes damage this way. Lasts as many seconds as you perform the move and can only perform ten damage on himelf at a time using this move. Can not use this move again after wolf stops biting his hand until the stat boost wears off.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The down B moves are various and capture the personality of a character. Sakurai even says that while most B moves shoot something, most toward B moves launch a character, and most up B moves are for recovery, the down B does something unusual.

There are many Wolf fans on this forum so I do not see why we cannot have a huge list of DOWN B moves to see which one fits Wolf's personality the best, offers something new, and separates him from being a Fox clone.

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR DOWN B MOVE

Down B - Counterstance: Wolf Leans back on one leg, and holds his forearms before him, one slightly above his head, and one at chest height. Wolf is now in his counterstance, and when struck by physical attacks, he will slam the top arm's elbow into the enemy, then pulls back his other arm into a fist and slam it into the enemy, sending them away from him.

Down B- Target: Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's down B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing down B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

DownB - Convertor: A shield similar to the reflector that instead absorbs damage taken from items and attacking enemies, and converts it into an outward shock blast of 2 times the total damage. The absorbing shield would be red, and the shock wave would be an outward red blast. If an enemy was hit with the shield while attacking, they would be knocked away and the damage from the attack added, if they were not attacking, they would be drawn in, and then sent out

Down B- Berserk: Wolf bites his own hand and performs 1 damage on himelf a second but in exchange wolf gets a slight speed and strength boost for every time he takes damage this way. Lasts as many seconds as you perform the move and can only perform ten damage on himelf at a time using this move. Can not use this move again after wolf stops biting his hand until the stat boost wears off.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Well...I would very much enjoy Wolf in Brawl. When It was first announced, 3 characters came to mind...Wolf, Dark Samus, and a Bowser J.r/ Shadow Mario combo, Wolf being the most likley. I was/ am a Fox player in Melee and if WOlf were to be in Brawl I would imagine him like cpt. Falcon...He would be fast, and very powerful, and he would be somewhat of a clone. He would have a blaster like falco's ( stuns people) but he would shoot 3 rapid shots at a time. He would also have a similar up B move...It would be blue fire, but the charging flames in the beginging of the attack would have a longer range and the attack would go much faster. His Smash B would like a pounce then bite then push ( like wolf links attack in Twilight Princess). And Down B would a quick dodge then a rapid fire of blaster shots that could go through things like Samus's super missle or charged beam or mewtwo's( if hes in the game) shadow ball. And for his other attacks, he would have strong up and over smash attacks, and a fast multiple down smash. He would have a lot of meteor smashes. If the have air dodge still...He would have a short wave dash. He could wall jump. he would have small jumps. and last, he would have rapid and strong A attacks, like Ganondorfs A punch and falcos drill kick meteor. Sooo...that would be my idea for a Wolf on Brawl.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
yes he does....

so does Bowser J.r/ Shadow Mario combo, Dark Samus, Zant, Agahnim, Geno, Metal sonic, Sonic, The Black Knight, Lucario, Krystal, Boshi, Birdo( not really), Megaman, Protoman, King Dedede, The Black Bull dude from F-Zero, U-mos luminoth, Poo from earthbound, Cakkeletta or Bowletta, Fawful, Petey Pharana, Omega-meta-or plain ridley( there all awesome), any of the hunters from mph( Trace, Noxus, Sylux, Spire, Kanden, Weavil), any of the hunters in mp3( Rondus, Gandrayda, and...I forgot the robot dudes name already...), Maybe Midna/ wolf Link combo...and the list goes on and on...point is, any character would be awesome, but we cant have them all....=(

killbeast301

Smash Lord
The down B moves are various and capture the personality of a character. Sakurai even says that while most B moves shoot something, most toward B moves launch a character, and most up B moves are for recovery, the down B does something unusual.

There are many Wolf fans on this forum so I do not see why we cannot have a huge list of DOWN B moves to see which one fits Wolf's personality the best, offers something new, and separates him from being a Fox clone.

Sniper Rifle: Wolf kneels on one knee, pulls out a sniper rifle and aims it in front of him. A red dot appears on the screen. The sniper rifle will always be aiming at the dot which you can move about the screen. When you release b it shoots a laser bullet that fades out at the dot. an enemy hit by this will take 10 damage and no knockback, but he will stop moving if he was, and will be stunned for a decent amount of time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Down B - Target: Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's down B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing down B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B - Berserk: Wolf bites his own hand and performs 1 damage on himelf a second but in exchange wolf gets a slight speed and strength boost for every time he takes damage this way. Lasts as many seconds as you perform the move and can only perform ten damage on himelf at a time using this move. Can not use this move again after wolf stops biting his hand until the stat boost wears off.

Down B - Dodge and Shoot: A quick dodge then a rapid fire of blaster shots that could go through things like Samus's super missle or charged beam or mewtwo's( if hes in the game) shadow ball.

Down B - Sniper Rifle: Wolf kneels on one knee, pulls out a sniper rifle and aims it in front of him. A red dot appears on the screen. The sniper rifle will always be aiming at the dot which you can move about the screen. When you release b it shoots a laser bullet that fades out at the dot. an enemy hit by this will take 10 damage and no knockback, but he will stop moving if he was, and will be stunned for a decent amount of time.

Down B - Firepower: A green crosshair is placed over Wolf. The canine barks commands into a microphone from his headset. The crosshair hangs around only briefly before it fizzles out. In seven seconds a barrage of plasma spheres (looks like the upgraded shot of the twin lasers from the Arwing in Melee) will either come from the background (if the stage is outside you may seen a Wolfen) or the foreground and goes through the area where the target was. Does 35 damage and has extreme knockback. Cannot be reflected. Only one at a time.

Down B - Bear Trap: Wolf throws out a bear trap (the spikey side is designed as a wolf's head with its mouth open) with a chain. The chain has a spike at the end. When the bear trap hits the floor the chain spike catches and secures the trap. The bear trap then opens. Anyone who steps on it is trapped until they could break out. Once trapped an oppenent could run back and forth as far as the chain allows and jump as far as the chain allows, but cannot dodge. Movement causes further damage. Only one bear trap is allowed on the stage at a time per wolf. Once the oppenent breaks out, the trap breaks. Wolf can get caught in his own trap. If the trap hits an oppenent in midair, it inflicts a little damage but bounces off and hits the floor where it springs open. Must be a flat horizantal surface.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Warning! Spoilers Ahoy!

And now I bring to you...

A REALLY BIG WOLF MOVESET!

Wolf is smiling because he gets to mow you down with a gatling gun.

STATISTICS

Jump: ** 1/2

He wears a heavy piece of armour and carries around a bunch of weapons, it's kind of hard to jump with so much crap with you. I'm thinking a jump higher then Link's, but lower then Mario's.

Size: *** 1/2

Wolf is like a taller, beefer Fox. And in SSBM Fox was about Mario's height. Since Mario is a 3, I'll give Wolf a 3 1/2.

Too be fair, they say armour adds 10 pounds. :laugh:

Weight: ****

As sais earlier, tons of armour and weapons. Obviously, all that stuff would make you heavier. I'm thinking heavier the Link and below Ganondorf, maybe Ganondorf's exactly.

Speed: *** 2/3

Yes, the armour and weapons slow him down, but it has been shown Wolf has a pretty good natural speed. I'm thinking him topping Mario, but going below...say, Marth?(I'm not good at measuring these things X_X)

Agility: ***

Wolf is deptively manuvearable, although not super-mauvearable. He should be able to move around and avoid a character for a wee bit, unless their medium to fast.

Strength: ****

Wolf is pretty strong, he is more of a hands-on merc then a sniper-on merc. I'll give 'em a four.

Recovery: ***

Despite a bad jump and bad fall speed, Wolf isn't too bad at recovery, mainly due to his up special. However, if you can hit him a fairly good distance, he shouldn't be able to recover with a good edgeguard.

Fall Speed: **** 1/4

With all those weapons and that armour, he falls pretty darn fast. This is one of Wolf's main weakness, as it sets him up for fastfaller combos, in addition to hindering his already bad recovery.

Comboability: ** 1/3

wolf has enough combo moves to combo a little, but he is by no means a super-combo character like Marth, Fox or Shiek.

KOability: ****

This is Wolf's single best feature, KOs. Wolf is mainly meant to KO people after some light combos, followed by a good edgeguard.

Coolness Factor: **************************************************

Cooler then Chuck Norris, not as cool as Ridley.

GROUND ATTACKS

Neutral A

Name: Knock Punch
Damage: Moderate for a Neutral A.
Knockback: Low-Moderate
Lag: Low-Moderate
Range: Moderate.
Duration: Short-Moderate
Hits: 1
Effect: None.

Description:

Wolf does a foward straight-jab. This goes the length of Wolf's arm and, at high damages, can push back a shield.

Forward Tilt

Name: Wolf Uppercut
Damage: Moderate
Knockback: Moderate
Range: Short
Duration: Short/Short-Moderate
Effect: None

Description:

Wolf does a small ground uppercut, much like the way one would punch someone in the face from below. This move deals good damage and knockback, not to mention pretty nice lag. The main problem is the bad range.

Up Tilt

Name: Headbutt
Damage: Low
Lag: Low
Range: Low
Duration: Moderate

Description:

Wolf jumps up a little, slamming his head up and foward. It doesn't do super damage, but it can combo moderately well into an aerial, though DI would probably negate this a little.

Down Tilt

Name: Smashing Wolf
Knockback: High
Lag: High
Range: Moderate
Duration: Short

Description:

Wolf punches down into the ground with a powerful blow. So powerful, in fact, he punches into the ground a little, causing high lag. Because of this, you have to use it at the right time, you WILL get punished for missing this.

Dash Attack

Name: Step In
Knockback: Low
Lag: Moderate
Duration: Long

Description:

Wolf runs foward with a shoulder ram, hitting the foe. This move launches the foe up and backwards, so you can't really combo with it, but Wolf keeps the ram goes for moderate range.

Forward Smash

Name: Stomach Crush
Damage: High
Range: Moderate-High

Description:

Wolf swings his arm into his foes stomach, slamming them hard. It has far knockback that is foward and slightly up. Unfortunately, it has high lag, making it HIGHLY punishable. Not a good edgeguarder, either.

Up Smash

Name: Swinging Strike
Lag: Moderate/Moderate-high

Description:

Wolf swings both his arms up and to his sides, hitting the foe hard. This sends them straight up, the only side movement is from DI. It's good for vertical kills, but it hits foes a little high for combos.

Down Smash

Name: Uzumaki Kick
Damage: Low-Moderate to High
Knockback: Low to High
Range: Moederate-high
Hits: 1-6

Description:

Wolf handstands, spreading both his legs out, and begins spinning, essentially making a spinning kick(Hence the name, Uzumaki means whirlpool, which this could be considered to look similar too). He only does three actual rotations, but each leg can hit once on a rotation. The first five hits have low hitback towards Wolf(Left leg = Right and slightly up, Right leg = Left and slightly up), while the last hit hits foward and up. Overall, not good against DI, but it can do good if they DI improperly or don't DI.

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial

Name: Sex Kick
Lag: Low-moderate
Effect: Like all sex kick, the hitbox.

Description:

A standard Sex Kick, like Fox's, Link's or Mario's.

Forward Aerial

Name: Head Lunge

Description:

Wolf lunges his head foward. This move doesn't send foes far or hard, but it can be SHFFL chained one or two time against some characters, making it a good combo move. It also comes out fairly fast, most of the lag comes from cooldown, which isn't much.

Backward Aerial

Name: Turnkick

Description:

Wolf spins backward in a kick, hitting the foe awat. It doesn't have terribly good range, but it has low lag and changes Wolf's direct to set up more combos against the foe.

Up Aerial

Name: Overhead Bash
Damage: Low-moderate
Knockback: High-Moderate
Range: Low-Moderate
Duration: Short

Description:

Wolf thrusts both his arms straight up, hitting the foe. It doesn't do much damage, but it's a good vertical killer, if not short in both range and time you have to hit.

Down Aerial

Name: Midair Straightjab
Effect: Wolf goes into an immedite fastfall half-way thru the move.

Description:

Wolf punches straight down, SPIKING(Not meteoring) the foe. The downside to this move, however, is it FORCES Wolf into a fastfall, so he may kill himself or set himself up for an edgeguard if he is not careful. Otherwise, it is a powerful spike that will kill at 60%+.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral B

Name: Gatling Gun
Damage: Very Low - High
Range: Moderate-High(3/4 Mario Fireball distance)
Hits: 1-20(See below)
Effect: "Cooldown" of twenty seconds.

Description:

Wolf takes out his Gatling Gun and shoots foward like mad, a total of twenty energy bullets. Each bullet does 2% Damage and gives a little foward knockback(Odds are they won't get hit by every bullet), for an absoloute max of 40%(Though most likely a rough average of 20% with no DI and 30% with bad DI, probably around 14% with good DI). After using this, however, it has a cooldown of twenty seconds, in which pressing the B button will cause Wolf to whip out his Gatling Gun and attempt to fire, only to find it jammed and put it back, causing you to be completely open to attacks. You cannot aim this move. You cannot move while shooting.

Up B

Name: Booster Pack
Damage: N/A
Knockback: N/A
Lag: Very Low
Range: N/A
Duration: Very Long
Hits: N/A

Description:

Wolf takes out and activates a Booster Pack, allowing free reign of flight. Wolf cannot use fighting moves during this, but can fly completely free, straight up or any direction, for a while. However, getting hit by ANY move that does knockback will instantly stop this move and prevent you from using it again after a small sputter upwards.

Forward B

Name: Grand Grenade
Range: Long
Effect: Only has 4 per life.

Description:

Wolf throws an exploding grenade. He can also hold it for a while before throwing, although he loses the ability to attack while holding it, while retaining freedom of movement. After 5.5 seconds, it blows up on Wolf if he is holding it. The explosion from throwing it can hurt Wolf. This can kill light characters at small precentages, but he has a limited amount per life. So take Peppy's advice and use bombs wisely. Or in this case, grenades.

Down B

Name: Motion Detection Bomb
Duration: To use move, not long. Infinite time for the bomb to be out, though.
Hits: Multiple
Effect: Can hurt Wolf, but only for half. Only three on a field at a time. Only 12 per life.

Description:

Wolf sets a motion detection bomb where he is, this explodes much in the fashion of a usual Motion Detector, although it hits Wolf for less then the foe. Like the Grand Grenade, it has a limit per life.

Final Smash

Name: Sniping wolf
Damage: Very High
Knockback: Low-Moderate
Lag: N/A
Range: Very Long
Duration: Very Long (20 Seconds)
Hits: 0-5

Description:

Wolf whips out a Demon Sniper, walking into the background(If the background is unwalkable, the he steps on a Wolfen). A small red cursor then appears, guided by the player. This goes a little faster then Wolf himself. When you press the B button, Wolf fires a red beam right on that spot almost the instant you press it. This does a whopping 40% damage per blow, it can be blocked by shields, but it instantly breaks them. After either five shots or 20 seconds, Wolf walks back into the scene and puts away the Demon Sniper. Wolf is semi-invincible during this. He only takes half-damage and no knockback.

MISCELLANEOUS

Grab Attack

Name: Rabid Wolf
Damage: Very Low
Knockback: N/A
Lag: N/A
Duration: Very Short

Description:

Wolf bites the foe on the neck while holding them mersiclissly.

Forward Throw

Name: Throwing Headbutt

Description:

Wolf releases his foe(They CAN'T escape during this time), then headbutts them away.

Backward Throw

Name: Back it up

Description:

Wolf places the foe behind his back, then slams into them with his back.

Down Throw

Name: Gatling Crash
Knockback: Very Low
Duration:
Hits: 6(No DI)

Description:

Wolf jumps up and throws the foe into the ground, then whips out and shoots with his Gattling Gun for six bullets, each doing 2% damage.

Up Throw

Name: Guns the word
Hits: 8
Effect: Cannot use Gatling Gun special for 4 seconds

Description:

Wolf throws the foe up, whips out his Gatling Gun and blasts him or her 8 times with it. Each bullet does 2% damage.

Taunt

Wolf has two taunts, depending on his damage level. Under 100%, he'll lean back with a grin then go back to normal stance. At over 100%, he'll roll his neck, then say "Clever little sneak.".

Shield

Wolf puts his arms up in an X-block formation, bracing his legs, while the shield comes up. The shield surronds his body enough he can hold it and cover himself, but a good hit will let you shield-poke him later.

Roll

Wolf backflips twice. This has long distance and duration, but a slightly longer after lag and a very slight start up lag difference of more.

Air Dodge

Wolf rolls into the background, then during the second half of the roll he comes back into the stage. This is unique because, if he hits someone when coming back in, he'll do 1% damage and no knockback. However, it has short invincability frames, the shortest in fact.

Winning Pose 1

Wolf fires his gatling gun while spinning, then holds it up by his side while smirking.

Winning Pose 2

Wolf takes out his Gatling Gun and "Blows the smoke off it", much like in the movies, then gives a little "Heh".

Winning Pose 3

Wolf points his Demon Sniper at the screen, while saying "You think you can take this?"

Victory Music / Theme Song

Sargasso Hideout! Star Wolf appears!

Song here(Japan voices): http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5lr0uQ7tU

Caught with your guard down, Wolf to the rescue!

Song here(Japan voices): http://youtube.com/watch?v=OgVLbUBSu6Y

Star Wolf's Theme! Anti-Hero's songful pleasure!(My personal fav)

Song here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GlYk_0RwYnA

Kirby Hat

Kirby gains Wolf's cybernetic eyepatch.

COLORS

Cameo

Since there aren't many Wolf colours seen, I had to make this one up. It's pretty much the standard military cameo colours on Wolf's armour.

Red

One of the few alternate colours seen, in this one Wolf's armour turns red, with a possible orange undertone. Red team colour. I personally believe this is Wolf's second awesomest armour, second only to his standard.

Blue

Another seen alternate colour, in this one, his armour takes on a dark blue with a light blue understone. Blue team colour.

Purple

The final alternate colour, in this one, Wolf's armour takes on a violet colour, with no discernably undertones.

COSTUMES

Eye-Patch Wolf

The ORIGINAL Wolf, with a regular good ol' pirate Eye-patch instead of a cybernetic one. I really like the way he looks with this, but I like the cybernetic one better.

Defeated Wolf

It's like eyepatch Wolf, the only real difference is the adittion of bandages around his face, giving him a "War-veteran" feel. I personally like it.

STAGES

Sargasso Space Zone
Sargasso Hideout

The Sargasso Hideout was Wolf's main base in Star Fox Assault, where his whole crew would be, in addition to his thugs. This is your first encounter with Wolf in Star Fox: Assault and an awesome level of it's own.

On the inside, it is a multi-level behemoth, with exploding barrels rolling down, thugs shooting around most every corrodor, Robots that need a special weapon/Charge shot to kill and signals that bring the space-fairing ships outside. There are near-endless possbilities for this stage. You could make it a scroller, detailing you going inside the base as you fight along the small corrodors, obsticales abound. Or you could just fight on the first level, thugs shooting you as you battle along the floor. Or perhaps, rather, the small corrodor ring above the main level? Easy to knock off and small boxes stacked up so you have to jump, unless you blow them up!

In my opinion, this could end up either the most awesome level or the one with the most wasted potential, depending on how well they do it.

GAME APPEARANCES

Where does Wolf come from, you ask? Well, here's a little game appearance list, along with what they do in it, where you fight them and some history! Pictures are graciously provided.

***SPOILERS!***

WOLF APPEARS! STAR FOX 64!

In Star Fox 64, Wolf and his team(At the time: Leon, Andrew and Pigma) can first be encounter on Fortuna. At first glance, you would think them simply hired thugs, however it would appear Fox and Wolf at least have met before, as Fox notices Wolf instantly and calls them by their team name. They are easily beaten on both their Fortuna and Bolse run.

They also, however, appear on Venom if you go the hard route(Venom 2). In this, they have the new and improved Wolfen 2s. They can barrel roll, somersault, U-Turn(I'm 50% sure on this), Sharp turn and fire Double Lasers. Some people call this the hardest fight in the game, even harder then Andross(I agree). In the end though, Wolf and his team are defeated.

Last words, Fortuna: "I...Can't...Lose!"

Last Words, Bolse: I believe the same as Fortuna.

Last Words, Veon 2: "How did I lose?!"(Don't quote me on this, I have't done this one in a while)

STAR WOLF'S RETURN! STAR FOX: ASSAULT!

After Wolf and teams absence in Star Fox: Adventures., quite a few things have changed in Wolf's little team. Firstly, Andrew left to lead Andross' scattered forces in a rebellion. Then, Wolf kicked Pigma off the team, due to the fact he was more loyal to himself and his money then his teammates and we all know that isn't the type you keep on your team. Finally, he added the new member and womanizer Panther. As for where they lived, they had taken the Sargasso Hideout as a base of operations, a place they say only the worst trot.

You first encounter's Wolf's kind after Pigma steals the Core memory. Only a Thug answers Star Fox's calls, however, forcing Fox to infiltrate the hideout and destroy the beacons calling for reinforcements. After doing so, Lord O'Donnel(That's what they called Wolf) personally flies in, along with his teammates Leon and Panther, to defeat Star Fox. However, just like before, Wolf and his team loses. They then admit they know of where Pigma has gone, an asteroid belt. And so they fly off.

The second "encounter" with Wolf is in the Asteroid Belt. It is not so much an encounter as a cameo. Scattered and semi-destroyed Wolfen parts are at the start of the level.

The third encounter with Wolf comes at Corneria, after Fox is surronded by Aparoids who have destroyed his sent-down Arwing. Wolf flies into the rescue, blasting the Aparoids away and giving Fox a lift to defeat a greater enemy. At the end of the level, Wolf gives advice which is echoed in the final battle. "Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act."

The fourth and last encounter with Wolf comes at the last level, after Fox and team breach the homeworld core. Wolf and team, who have followed and also gotten thru to the core corrodoirs(Wolf's speech indicates Star Wolf had in fact been waiting, indicating they were there first). In the end, after helping Fox get thru the corrodoirs, Wolf and team seemingly sacrifice themselves to distract a bunch of seemingly nigh undefeatable enemies, so that Fox may face the queen and save the galaxy.

HERO OR SAVIOUR? STAR FOX: COMMAND!

I'll be perfectly blunt with you. I don't own a DS due to lack of money, I never looked at Star Fox: Command and really wanted it. So my knowledge is limited. I DO know, Star wolf makes a return with the same members as before and depending on the paths you choose, can be villians, heros or a combonation. I also know Krystal leaves Star Fox for Star Wolf and Panther.

Due to my lack of knowledge, I shall simply post some little info I read...

Star Wolf appears once more in Star Fox Command, though when, how and why they appear depends on which path the player chooses. On the default path through the game, Star Wolf once again attacks the player as in Star Fox 64, but after being defeated, the relationship between the two teams turns more or less positive. In other paths, the Star Wolf team members even become playable and work cooperatively with Star Fox to fight the Anglar Empire.

In a significant plot development, most paths through the game show Krystal having joined the Star Wolf team. In addition, her relationship with Panther varies depending on the chosen path (with the default ending to the game showing her leaving Fox to be with Panther instead). The main plot of the team, however, is to clear their names by defeating the Anglar.

Also, as ROB 64 and the Great Fox always remain with the player, if the player chooses to follow any Star Wolf-exclusive storyline (without Fox or any other "hero" characters to supervise), ROB joins the Star Wolf Team. He fulfills the same role he did while working with Star Fox and its members, however Wolf and his companions often treat ROB as an annoyance or an unwanted accessory.

In Command, each Star Wolf member flies a different ship, each with its own control panel and unique abilities.

Team Members:

Wolf O' Donnell (Ship: Wolfen)
Leon Powalski (Ship: Rainbow Delta)
Panther (Ship: Black Rose)
Krystal (Ships: Cloud Runner / Cornerian Fighter)
ROB 64 (Ship: Great Fox)

AN UNFINISHED WOLF! STAR FOX 2, THE UNRELEASED!

Just a little note for the unfinished Star Fox game...

In the cancelled game Star Fox 2, Star Wolf is employed by Andross to stop Star Fox. The Star Wolf team in this game consists of Wolf, Leon, Pigma, and a monkey named Algy (Who might be a concept version of Andrew Oikonny and yet looks like Dash Bowman, Andrew's second cousin). The player encounters different members of Star Wolf in one-on-one all-range battles depending on the difficulty level selected in the game. Regardless of difficulty, however, the player must fight Wolf as the final battle before going on to face Andross. Wolf is the only one to escape with his ship intact, swearing that he'll be back one day.

Credit to Gypsy Lee for using this format on his Ridley moveset, causing me to use it.

Credit to Wiseguy's predictions thread, which made me want to make this.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm still supporting Wolf, screw that skunk face Krystal, she has been in what 2 or 3 games? While Wolf has been with us since the SNES... I'm sorry, but Krystal does not deserve the recognition she has...

bored

Smash Ace
Bump... Wolf 4 brawl
Well said my friend, well said!

Also...

I'm becoming more, and more scepticle about Wolf's appearence, seeing as how Krystal is getting more love these days... :sigh: Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.. I mean look at the people who post in the Ridley thread.. There just waiting to get their hopes knocked down by wanting the awkward looking wyvern for a PC...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Down B - Target: Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's down B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing down B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B - Berserk: Wolf bites his own hand and performs 1 damage on himelf a second but in exchange wolf gets a slight speed and strength boost for every time he takes damage this way. Lasts as many seconds as you perform the move and can only perform ten damage on himelf at a time using this move. Can not use this move again after wolf stops biting his hand until the stat boost wears off.

Down B - Dodge and Shoot: A quick dodge then a rapid fire of blaster shots that could go through things like Samus's super missle or charged beam or mewtwo's( if hes in the game) shadow ball.

Down B - Sniper Rifle: Wolf kneels on one knee, pulls out a sniper rifle and aims it in front of him. A red dot appears on the screen. The sniper rifle will always be aiming at the dot which you can move about the screen. When you release b it shoots a laser bullet that fades out at the dot. an enemy hit by this will take 10 damage and no knockback, but he will stop moving if he was, and will be stunned for a decent amount of time.

Down B - Firepower: A green crosshair is placed over Wolf. The canine barks commands into a microphone from his headset. The crosshair hangs around only briefly before it fizzles out. In seven seconds a barrage of plasma spheres (looks like the upgraded shot of the twin lasers from the Arwing in Melee) will either come from the background (if the stage is outside you may seen a Wolfen) or the foreground and goes through the area where the target was. Does 35 damage and has extreme knockback. Cannot be reflected. Only one at a time.

Down B - Bear Trap: Wolf throws out a bear trap (the spikey side is designed as a wolf's head with its mouth open) with a chain. The chain has a spike at the end. When the bear trap hits the floor the chain spike catches and secures the trap. The bear trap then opens. Anyone who steps on it is trapped until they could break out. Once trapped an oppenent could run back and forth as far as the chain allows and jump as far as the chain allows, but cannot dodge. Movement causes further damage. Only one bear trap is allowed on the stage at a time per wolf. Once the oppenent breaks out, the trap breaks. Wolf can get caught in his own trap. If the trap hits an oppenent in midair, it inflicts a little damage but bounces off and hits the floor where it springs open. Must be a flat horizantal surface.

Down B- Motion Detection Bomb

Duration: To use move, not long. Infinite time for the bomb to be out, though.
Hits: Multiple
Effect: Can hurt Wolf, but only for half. Only three on a field at a time. Only 12 per life.

Wolf sets a motion detection bomb where he is, this explodes much in the fashion of a usual Motion Detector, although it hits Wolf for less then the foe. Like the Grand Grenade, it has a limit per life.

Feel free to list your own ideas. Also feel free to discuss the ideas and pick out your favorite.

boltfreak6

Smash Cadet
Whats going on with this wolf thread.. Its dieing. IMO Wolf needs more support if we want him to make it in... Wolf and Krystal have lots of support and so if Starfox should get three characters then i think it shold be Fox, Krystal, and Wolf. And if they want another put Falco back in.

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
I agree. Wolf needs more support. I hope that he will be in and I think that Falco (as much as I like him and want him in) will be replaced by Krystal and they'll add Wolf or if not they will (hopefully) all be in. There isn't really that much to talk about Wolf and I think that's the reason this thread is dieing. Maybe someone could think of something or maybe I'll try and think of something, but not right now. I'm too tired to think.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I've looked over a Japanese character predictions site and found this:

Translated (badly)

Origional Japanese for those Japanese scholars out there. (better translation maybe? ;))

The English is a little sideways and upside down (It is a google translation after all) but the Japanese believe He is just as likely to be included as Krystal, Ditty and other frontrunners. Good news for the Wolf fans.

Hope you enjoyed this tidbit.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
WOLF!!!

I am a HUGE wolf fan.. I want him in brawl really, really bad. WOLF FOR BRAWL!

anyway, in order to get pumped up for brawl and hopefully wolf's appearance, I created this pretty cool artwork of him.

http://rarzy.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-O-Donnell-65887074

click the link above to go and see the full version! Tell me what you think! Also if anyone is interest in making a sig or something out of this just give me credit, and tell me about it too, cause I'll probably use it!!

I've skimmed through this topic here and there, and read quite a few movesets. When I thought of Wolf being playable, I figured he'd use a huge magnum or something as opposed to a blaster, cause he's just bada**. Which is why I painted him with one as you can see. I think my favorite idea I've seen with him though is with the sniper rifle. That is just such a cool concept..

anyway tell me what you think of my art:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom