• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Gryphy

Smash Cadet
Good, I've kinda been keeping tabs on you since I lurk NC threads and you are no longer bottoming out so yeah, nice improvement.
Thank you. The vids i posted are the only 2 i have uploaded, but once I get my capcha card ill be able to upload several more.
You should forget ECU and come to NCSU next year. That way you can hang out with me and Stingers and teach me Wolf stuff.
But I only have one year left here at ECU... why switch to state now when you can still come here? XD Next tournament though I can show you some more stuffs.

Hey Gryph. Remember me?
:018:
:phone:
of course. Some tournament in Charlotte forever and a day ago we played Wolf dittos in bracket and you slaughtered me as expected. =D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So I (hopefully) should be going to my first offline tourney in a little over a week. Any tips for me, Wolf specific or just general tournament stuff? Pretty sure I'm going all Wolf (it's MK banned btw).

:038:
Good luck! Pretty much what Tekkie said though haha, do your best to learn from it. The first few tournaments moreso show you what you need to work on as a player, and then after that you can delve more into character-specifics. But Seagull's advice is still sound lol, spacing bair is great so when in doubt focus on that and keeping your spacing airtight in general.

SO ADORABLE

I may take you up on that.

Guys Skullgirls is awesome. :embarrass:
Just let me know via PM and we can work stuff out :)

I really want to play Skullgirls, there's a lot of hype about it and it looks pretty awesome :3

Hey guys, So I figure it's time to stop lurking and start posting. I'm a NC wolf main at ECU and I go to most of the tourneys hosted around NC(i.e. TGM, NCSU, etc...). I've been a wolf main for a while, most of my more recent results are posted here.

I'm really looking for some tips and suggestions and to be a part of the general wolf discussions. I feel like my knowledge base on Wolf has grown large enough to actually be of use.

Here's a couple of my matches from the most recent local at ECU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HIwMKRUjOM&list=UUi6yci6SPATjX2-vH7yRB6A&index=1&feature=plcp
I've already fixed a few of my issues (over-use of dsmash, approaching too much and too haphazardly, rolling so much) but any insight and pointers would be great.
Welcome to the Wolf boards Gryph! Skimming through your match, you seem to be a bit c-stick happy. Try focusing more on using Wolf's mobility to get where you need to be before throwing out attacks, especially something like fsmash which is really easy to punish on whiff.

:059:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Good :D

Just practicing for the tournament. I haven't crammed this much brawl time in in a long time >_>

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
ugh I so want to go to a tournament that is going on this weekend but it's close to the end of the semester and I got to study -_-

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I just thought of a good mindgame. Through watching :falco:'s they like to SHAD>Spotdodge and then react accordingly to their opponents actions. Why don't we start doing that a little bit with :wolf:? :wolf:'s spotdodge is pretty good. Not as good as :falco:'s, but still probably top 10ish?

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Ugh now I just found out that I got to write a paper on top studying for a test that I need to do this weekend.

Falco's spot dodge is too stupid. it wouldn't be smart to try the same tactic with spot dodge as his

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
It's actually fairly useable if you buffer the SD right after SHAD, it's something i've been playing around with as well. Thing is we usually have other options like Shine, but it's still a mix-up and I plan to at least try it out some.

I like to use Z.

D

Deleted member

Hehe, it's a romantic piece between my fursona and another wolf/malamute mix from Canada.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've seen that person's page before too~ Mainly because I've looked around at the pages of some furs from Ontario since all of them usually post pics and stuff everywhere.

Also, I have no idea how comissions work. I'm assuming you have to have a reference sheet or something of your character, and that it's expensive to get a good-quality comission?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i see the woffles still have a healthy furry community <3

Skull Girls is hella fun but there's no in game move list D; took me forever to figure something out.
i dont suppose any ps3 owning wolfs also got the game?

rsr2

Smash Lord
This is the first time saying this after nearly 900+ pages. THAT PICTURE IS SO ADORABLE <3

I just turned into ish :p

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Does playing with my cats for a few hours count as FA? (edit: A few hours TODAY)

What about going as a cat for halloween every year until 6th grade, and then again a few times until college, when I was able to grow facial hair and sadly, haven't gone as a cat for it for a while.

What about me actually trying to save forests and recycling and (etc...) to save the planet so cute bunnies, foxes and

Rizen

Smash Legend
Does playing with my cats for a few hours count as FA? (edit: A few hours TODAY)

What about going as a cat for halloween every year until 6th grade, and then again a few times until college, when I was able to grow facial hair and sadly, haven't gone as a cat for it for a while.

What about me actually trying to save forests and recycling and (etc...) to save the planet so cute bunnies, foxes and
It depends on how you were pl- My better judgement just kicked in.

I was Link one Halloween and Skullkid with Majora's Mask another.

Recycling and caring about nature etc is what separates modern man from jack***es.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hi guys how have you all been
Pretty good, done with exams for a few weeks, best friend is visiting tomorrow, playing smash atm... so no complaints :3 how about yourself?

ugh I so want to go to a tournament that is going on this weekend but it's close to the end of the semester and I got to study -_-
Study first, Brawl later. From my experience, no work ever gets done on tournament days :x

I just thought of a good mindgame. Through watching :falco:'s they like to SHAD>Spotdodge and then react accordingly to their opponents actions. Why don't we start doing that a little bit with :wolf:? :wolf:'s spotdodge is pretty good. Not as good as :falco:'s, but still probably top 10ish?

This is okay if you know your opponent's habits, I do it sometimes since I play a bunch of Falcos lol. But yeah, as Aero said our spotdodge is just average :/

i see the woffles still have a healthy furry community <3

Skull Girls is hella fun but there's no in game move list D; took me forever to figure something out.
i dont suppose any ps3 owning wolfs also got the game?
Some things never change haha. I don't own a PS3 so no Skull Girls for me :(

This is the first time saying this after nearly 900+ pages. THAT PICTURE IS SO ADORABLE <3

I just turned into ish :p
You already know haha. It is adorable though :3

If by FA your mean being a furry, then, idk, you can be whatever you want to be :p Also, nice save Rizen lol

Guys, I think I'm turning into Seagull. Sometimes I think Wolf goes almost even with Falco/Diddy/Snake @___@

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I still think Falco/Wolf is even. >_> Diddy too imo. Snake I think is a little different. I'm really awful against Snake though, personally lol. So my opinion would probably be pretty biased for him.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I personally believe Falco & Diddy are both even, and Snake sits on a manageable -1.

I don't mind a good Snake, and I don't necessarily think it's stacked in there favor or anything, we can hold our own and put on the hurt, but it's definitely a tedious MU. What makes it even in your opinion, Joe?

Also cats are a waste of time

:wolf:

someone explain FA to me

KRDsonic

Smash Master
someone explain FA to me
It's basically a furry version of deviantart, except you can upload music also (which is a huge thing for me since I write music, and I love listening to other people's music). And while most of the music that people upload is stuff like techno, there are people who upload other stuff, like this http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5553954/

Oh, and as far as art goes for that site, if you're a member and above 18, you can view mature artwork as well, though I usually leave on the filters cause I'm lame like that. Though then again Deviantart is the same way I think, right? I don't go there much so I don't remember.

Edit: I would also like to mention that a lot of times I type out "furaffinity" I want to instead type "firaffinity". You know, fir trees and stuff. They need some love from time to time too.

Edit edit: By the way, MRM's Rofflecopter pic is amazing.

JCav

Smash Lord
Question: I've been having a hard time correctly SDI-ing Falco's CG to spike. I've been holding the control stick up and mashing the c-stick towards the stage and it hasn't been working. So what am I doing wrong or what is the correct method?

Top Bottom