• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Eh, Florida Gaming was swift last time I went.
Enough TVs for friendlies and Tournament matches so everything that needs to get done...well, get's done.

I don't doubt any faults during events cause things do happen.
But it'll be fine. ;O

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
i'm gonna say this again, out of respect for the TOs and the players attending this tournament. (i'm not going)

this schedule isn't going to work. you're going to have numbers similar to CoT4 (it seems that way, at least), and you're trying to run the entire brawl event in one day. CoT4 (probably will have had more people) was delayed 3 hours, but regardless, it didn't finish before more than 24 hours had passed.

unless you come up with some kind of new system, or make pools have very limited advancing players, you're going to be there well until monday afternoon.

apex had ~100 singles entrants, and was started at 6pm on saturday, as well, and managed to finish up in about 10 hours total, i think. 4 on saturday, and 6 or 7 on sunday. maybe more.

this isn't intended to flame or anything like that. i just want my people to have a good time.

i talked to one of you guys on the phone a long time ago-- i said i wanted to bring people to your tournament. i'm sorry i hadn't contacted you before now; i've been pretty busy. if this reasoning seems legit to you, do contact me and i'd like to see if we can brainstorm a way to guarantee finishing singles.
Hat that was me who contacted you. The schedule will work. Thats what the VSA does. We run the best tournies ever Trust us. Our first event eveer we had 150 smashers and ran Brawl and Melee at the same time and finished just before 11pm. Call me and we can talk over the schedule with Frames.

407 770 7393 :)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
HOUSING UPDATE:

If you want housing PLEASE come after 4PM on the Friday of the tournament.

Also, due to the MASSIVE number of people who need housing and the EXTREMELY POSSIBLE extra costs as a result, (I really don't want to but I have to) expect a $5 HOUSING fee

NO, I am NOT greedy, I'm just a guy having 30+ PEOPLE staying at his house for 3 DAYS.
So PLEASE.

No johns.

Frames

DI
people relax about the schedule

we have the venue for like 3 days straight even though it says we gotta be out by 12 we really have pretty much the whole night to run ****

Noa.

Smash Master
If we're registering for only singles, do we have to arrive before 10 am? Or do we just have to arrive an hour or two before singles begin?

Also, if 200 people participate in singles, how many pools would there be, how many people per pools, and what would be the required top placing to make it out of pools? Just a rough idea to know what to expect.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pre-registered for melee and brawl singles. MVD is paying for half my teams for brawl making...MVDSAM!!

OTRU, you still paying for my teams?

nevershootme

Smash Master
any SFL resident that wants to go to winterfest and has no ride has a chance to do so... i can only take 1 person though cuz i have ride arrangements with OOS players. you'll be staying for a week though at my residence in orlando. sooo get at me

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
For those of you planning on staying at Hbox's house for Winterfest 2009...

Please be considerate and offer to pay a housing fee of at $5. If you do not have $5 to donate to house yourself ( ie: shower, food, warmth, and a roof) you have no business at Winterfest. I will speak to Hbox about who did and did not donate for housing. Please help him out as he is looking to help you out.

Thanks,

mnitg

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
All these money matches must be done in the the MM section so they do not get in the way of tournament play... be aware of this. If your name is called for a match you have 2 minutes to report or you will be disqualified...

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Wow I just realized... I'm gonna be on vacation w/ my parents in Ashville during this tournament... oops!

Oh well, have fun and kick *** anyway, guys!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Word just in From GPX GAMING...

There is going to be an official after party Saturday night somewhere in the venue. There will be 2-4 kegs of beer for everyone to drink. Unfortunately there are age restriction and 21+ up only are able to drink. Its going to be very fun. But remeber those who come, the tournament is still going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom