• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest! Mango, Jman, HBox, M2K, chaddd, GMoney, DJ Nintendo!

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea in person it's a lot diff cause they were really close and it's interesting to see how they approach because the match, and set, depend on getting that final hit in
but now, knowing the results, it's kinda like...just beat him already Z_z

and I asked mango if he was goin all falco this tourney, he said he'd play puff if he felt like it
so I guess he felt like it

Hypethug

Smash Journeyman
He still went puff. He was losing as Falco so he had to resort to his puff and he still lost. lol

And I don't exactly know what SMYM10 is, but I doubt it was big enough for him to pull puff out.
So what.....it doesn't matter if he goes Puff or falco he's still a beter player than everyone else......how stupid would melée b if u wernt aloud 2 play ur main "Mango=Puff"

I don't c why evryone says Mango is scared and he has 2 resort 2 jiggs, it's his main dumb *** and if u were loseIng with a character and u now u could win with another than change......u would b a dumb *** if u stayed the same character and lost a major tourney.......just get off mangos **** and let him play any character he wants

Cero

Smash Lord
CERO: nice to see you at some tournies man! wish you lived closer or we'd have you postin vids of you on your thread man! also i didn't catch your friends name? dom? nice to meet both of you
Were you the guy I had friendlies with and who mained the sexy Samus?

I was playing Marth most of the time against you and I remember there was a specific instance where I got you off the edge and I looked over at M2K's screen while waiting for you to recover... Then, I looked back only to be greeted by the sight of my character getting staged spiked by a full charge shot. I then, proceeded to laugh my *** off. :laugh:

If that was you, then those were really fun matches, bro. :)

Oh, and Dom? Who the hell's name is Dom? Lol. His name is Chris Hogarth. Everyone just calls him Hogarth, though.

It was nice meeting you too. :bee:

Pi

Smash Hero
Were you the guy I had friendlies with and who mained the sexy Samus?

I was playing Marth most of the time against you and I remember there was a specific instance where I got you off the edge and I looked over at M2K's screen while waiting for you to recover... Then, I looked back only to be greeted by the sight of my character getting staged spiked by a full charge shot. I then, proceeded to laugh my *** off. :laugh:

If that was you, then those were really fun matches, bro. :)

Oh, and Dom? Who the hell's name is Dom? Lol. His name is Chris Hogarth. Everyone just calls him Hogarth, though.

It was nice meeting you too. :bee:
Naaa we never got friendlies
but I was the kid who talked to you while watching m2k tear **** up
and pointed out mango and frames way in the back
and idk, I think I saw his tag as dom while passing by
although I do fit the description of a sexy samus

Cero

Smash Lord
Oh, hey! I remember you too.

I've seen you post a lot. Nice to finally meet you in person. :)

Yeah, I saw Hogarth put his tag as "HOG" during some friendly. Which surprised me because he usually uses the "GOKU" tag.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
He still went puff. He was losing as Falco so he had to resort to his puff and he still lost. lol

And I don't exactly know what SMYM10 is, but I doubt it was big enough for him to pull puff out.
SMYM10 was a MAJOR tournament which took place this summer. It had over 120 people in it. A whole lot of top pros like Mango, Mew2king, Jman and Darkrain attended.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I can see more people picking up jigglypuff and exploiting her extreme gayness. its a crying shame.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lolno. She has hard matchups as well.
uh

like what?

marth isn't that bad if you know the matchup

and if the fox you're facing doesn't know the matchup (which 99 % of people don't), then the matchup's, at worst, even

I will agree that jigglypuff has a tougher time vs the middle and even low tiers than, say, fox does

but for her actual "hard" matchups, refer to what I already said

also sorry for mango post, I'm kinda ****ed up right now

matchup inexperience is never a valid argument for the difficulty of a matchup.

Puff v. Fox is in Fox's advantage as long as Fox plays to the matchup and doesn't **** up. If Puff ****s up once he gets upsmashed and dies at like... 70%? And lasers aren't friendly either.

It's true that Fox gets gimped rather easily by Puff but then again who doesn't gimp Fox?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
M2k,

The biggest thing I saw in your matches vs Hbox is there were soo many times you would run under him to get to the other side. Where ideally right under him is where you want to be. Retreating doesn't mean running to the other side, it means running to a SAFE location. There were so many times this happened where you could of just fulljump dbj baired cause he would be in his camping fulljump height bair mode. But you never did it.

I just think you lost your patience in the matchup. Your always fine then you do standard DO NOT ATTEMPT tactics. Like running up and upsmashing jiggs on landing (you should try for upsmash clangs with fair or nair, not bair). But trying to upsmash a Puff in the middle of nothing is just super risky imo.

Edit: Yes I meant trade.

Pi

Smash Hero
@arc
ground moves tend to not clang w/ aerials
they more of just trade
but even so I'd say it's a worthwhile trade.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff is easy to fight. Well I'm one of the few people. M2K knows how to fight Jiggs very well. He just gets demoralized and makes himself lose concentration when he gets gimped or rested or messes up. He just needs to stay relaxed, focused, and keep the mistakes to a minimum. In addition, listen to me and Colbol. As we are among the best players against Jigglypuff.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Jigglypuff is easy to fight. Well I'm one of the few people. M2K knows how to fight Jiggs very well. He just gets demoralized and makes himself lose concentration when he gets gimped or rested or messes up. He just needs to stay relaxed, focused, and keep the mistakes to a minimum. In addition, listen to me and Colbol. As we are among the best players against Jigglypuff.
You have videos of yourself beating Mango and Hungrybox? I've only seen the Tipped off 5 crew match.

Top Bottom