• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest! Mango, Jman, HBox, M2K, chaddd, GMoney, DJ Nintendo!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna lie, I hate brawl and all but this entertained me more than those puff dittos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ItWn4meBXw
You were right about this match being more entertaining than those Melee Puff dittos. I don't play or know anything about Brawl except that it's slower than Melee. So I didn't know Snake could bomb hop his recovery like that.

I'd say Mew2King's Fox vs HungryBox's Jigglypuff were the most entertaining sets I saw from this tourney.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
idc what anyone says, i think jiggs is by far the best in the game, either that or i just suck *** against her or something. I'm tired of losing to jiggs it is making me really sad, I have no idea what to do, someone help. My 3-day jiggs 4 stocked jman first friendly we had a few hours before melee day started (then he camped me and won like 2/3 of the games but most all were last stock games) and then finals are jiggs dittos. Mango beating him with Fox gives me hope that I can too but I don't understand it. both mango, colbol, and jman do WAY better vs puff than I do. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, cuz this feels like an endless process that I can never win :( Constantly losing to the same character is making me want to quit the game and only play and concentrate on Brawl

unknown522

Some guy
m2k, you need to grab with fox. You throw away a lot of chances to grab him and instead run away. For example: when he's shielding right in front of you, or when he throws out a random grab, hoping that you run into it.

you jump in when it's clearly a bad time and get rested for it. You run into moves head-first (like 2007 raynex).

don't give up man.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
You're not doing too bad M2k. You probably would have won your first set against Hungrybox if you didn't try shining him at the end on FD. You could have won the second set as well if you didn't lose the 3 stock lead you had on Hbox on Rainbow cruise.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Lol he needs to grab w/ fox

look at Pound 3's arwing rest. That's M2K basically spacing his *** off for a grab and then ****ing up

IMO you need to camp more lasers. Try cping one of them to Rainbow next time and going wild.

unknown522

Some guy
i never know when it's a good time to do anything vs her. All I know are small combos I don't know anything else.
when he overshoots a move into your shield, do a b-air, or when he whiffs moves in your face, then it's an obvious time to attack him. Even if moves don't combo him, try to keep pressure and stay below him. If he tries to jump away, then u-air. If he tries to come down and attack, then u-tilt -> move.

strawhats

Smash Master
basically, what Jason needs to do is watch GFs to see what mango did against hbox.

Pi

Smash Hero
@M2k
You might be focusing a lil too much on lasers
Both col bol and mango seem to only laser when jiggs is hit away from them
When you're lasering it's pretty predictable where you're going to end up, but if you remain mobile and flexible and he's coming into you, you can focus more on his predictable patterns
Your nair/bair, spaced and time well, is better than jiggs
And if he's approaching you with bairs, you're going to have a grab opportunity before he does if you shield it and he lands, which doesn't happen often.
Try to find a spot where you can react to his attacks that aren't pressuring you, Hbox seems to always be on the offensive, take advantage of this.
I think shine OoS -> tech chase is probably a good option if you are back to back with him
Other than that grabs are always good
If he's attacking air, full hop, don't DJ in case you trade, and come down on top of him with a nair/bair depending on which way he's facing and where you want to land in relation to him
Don't remember if you got many attack->lcancel->shine's on his shield but shinegrab might be a good thing to do if you notice it happening.
When you're recovering you have to be quick about it, you might need to vs some jiggs that are good at gimping for you to polish off the proper recovery but you need to make very quick decisions based on where jiggs is at, if he's on stage waiting for your sideB, sweet spot it or fire fox. if you see him coming out there to chase you fast fall -> side b, if he's close to you you don't really want to UB cause Hbox is mad good at ****in that up.
If he's near you, side B is probably your best option
If he's farther away, upb is probably your best option
You can also sneak in a aerial OoS if he bairs your shield and doesn't space it right.

I don't really feel confident, or like I'm in a position to offer much advice, so apologize if I come off as ignorant, but juss throwing my thoughts out there. If anyone has anything to say against it feel free, I don't want to be giving wrong information, and I'd also like to learn the matchup myself.

I'd also like for you to answer some questions about where your head is at, i know a lot of people suspect it's something in your head that is causing more losses rather than something in your fingers
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256477

idea

Smash Master
m2k, you need to grab with fox. You throw away a lot of chances to grab him and instead run away. For example: when he's shielding right in front of you, or when he throws out a random grab, hoping that you run into it.

you jump in when it's clearly a bad time and get rested for it. You run into moves head-first (like 2007 raynex).

don't give up man.
when he overshoots a move into your shield, do a b-air, or when he whiffs moves in your face, then it's an obvious time to attack him. Even if moves don't combo him, try to keep pressure and stay below him. If he tries to jump away, then u-air. If he tries to come down and attack, then u-tilt -> move.
YEAHHHH.

i was gonna say stuff like this but i know you wouldn't listen to me jason =3

bleh...you only fell into bad habits when you got nervous. there was such a clear difference between how your fox moved after getting rested vs. before. confident fox looked so good.

Pi

Smash Hero
camp jiggs out more, m2k. you seem to approach far too more than you should.
the two people who beat hbox, col bol and mango, don't camp him

juss saying

fox is extremely fast and extremely mobile, his jumps, aerials, and fall speed are amazing, if all you're doing is camping you're neglecting this aspect of his playstyle, if jiggs is off the stage i'm not saying don't shoot lasers, but i'm also not advocating creating distance purposely to shoot lasers

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
if you're going to approach, you have to at least do it right, and you have to do it at the right time. both mango and colbol know that, I think m2k just needs some hardcore practice against jiggs.

Hypethug

Smash Journeyman
I think M2K needs 2 b more confident and stop thinking Puff is the best character kuz then he will always have the doubt of winning just focuse on the match and not the gay shet that happens from jiggs rest......

You mindgame yourself by thinking it's impossible 2 beat jiggs

joeplicate

Smash Master
did jman forfeit to m2k? if they played

i've been mad lazy on smashboards
are the brackets up?

feel free not to respond if i'm being dumb or if you don't want too haha
nice videos, can't wait to see mango's fox

SleepyK

jman lost to mango in winner's
then chaddd in loser's.

brackets are on lady legion's computer, i think. IDK if they'll ever go up.

also m2k, another thing you have a big problem with vs puff is you always try to go for some flashy kill that would normally work vs other characters... but not puff.

also generally good puffs force you to miss techs or shield too much, which you usually don't have a problem with until you encounter a puff. you should listen to what chops told you @ to5 and just seriously watch your matches over and over to see what you did wrong.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
idc what anyone says, i think jiggs is by far the best in the game, either that or i just suck *** against her or something. I'm tired of losing to jiggs it is making me really sad, I have no idea what to do, someone help. My 3-day jiggs 4 stocked jman first friendly we had a few hours before melee day started (then he camped me and won like 2/3 of the games but most all were last stock games) and then finals are jiggs dittos. Mango beating him with Fox gives me hope that I can too but I don't understand it. both mango, colbol, and jman do WAY better vs puff than I do. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, cuz this feels like an endless process that I can never win :( Constantly losing to the same character is making me want to quit the game and only play and concentrate on Brawl
You're letting yourself get discouraged, knowing you this is very bad. Though I do find it interesting you said the last line there - kind of know how it feels for everyone who's not MK in Brawl eh? lol

If I can offer any advice, Jiggs is a slow character. Stay planted in the middle of the stage, wait for her to do anything and bair OOS with Fox or Sheik. If Jiggs goes for the grab instead on your shield (should be easy to see coming), wd OOS and punish. You've been camping a lot in Brawl lately, just take the same mentality to Melee with this style against Jiggs.

Go re-train with Cactus.

It works.
Or this.

This also works.

SleepyK

i think he means mango hasn't been puffing around as much, but he did here.

SleepyK

the excitement was palpable.

but tbh while it was happening, i was amazed at how good both players were spacing and predicting.

watching them now is just kinda eh.

Top Bottom