• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Feat. DrPP, M2K, Mango - $4000 Smash Pot - $7K Tot. Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewtan7854

Smash Rookie
suppppp andrew tan <3
hope you and krchyu are doing well hahaha its been a while :]
unless youre not the andrew tan i know looooooooooll
dont know you. lol

im going to this for sure. i'll be bringing my friend from ucla and hyprid. i might have room for a couple more irvine or 626 people. but if someone wants to get a ride from me they gotta find their own housing. pat would you like another recording set up?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i sure would. no one has ever complained because there were too many videos uploaded. speaking of which, i may need someone to man the livestream. i'll probably provide the laptop/equipment for that.

andrewtan7854

Smash Rookie
i sure would. no one has ever complained because there were too many videos uploaded. speaking of which, i may need someone to man the livestream. i'll probably provide the laptop/equipment for that.
i'd be down to man the livestream, i wont be competing so i'd be happy to help out the tourney in any way. my phone also has live streaming capabilities if people want to see live venue walk arounds interviews etc.?

Miharu

Smash Hero
who else wants to mm

i know i'm doing falco dittos with stab, but thats about it i think

we can play whenever i finish a dota match early and am waiting for next round to update or something

2bad

Smash Cadet
whats the stream link? lol jus realized this is a week away, but i would like to know what the stream will be once established

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
SUP, MAH COOL CATS N’ KITTENS!!! :cool:
QUESO’S COMIN’ TA TOWN! GET HYPED!!!
\M/ ( ^.^ ) \M/

Yo, Pat! Mad props fer nailin’ this legit venue! Leave it ta SoCal’s pride-n’-joy ta GET ‘ER DONE! :bee:
Can’t wait! Gonna be MAD SKEET!!! >:D

Fer those’a y’all who don’t know me, listen up! :cool:
Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down… :awesome:

The Mexican Marshmallow

WASSUP, SMASHAS!!! ^.^

The name’s Dakota Rubin, an’ don’tchu forget it! I’m an aspirin’ sixteen-year-ol’ Kirby main from sunny SoCal, itchin’ ta prove ‘imself! Nice ta meet ya! :)

I’ve been a Kirby fanboy FOREVA! I even found Super Smash Bros. through Kirby! I’ve played the super tuff pink puff as long as I can remember. The lil’ munchkin an’ I go waaaaay back, lemee tell ya! ;) How can ya NOT love good ol’ Kirb? He’s a short an’ fat happy-go-lucky lil’ ball o’ joy! ^.^

I’ve been on cloud 9 coastin’ through Smash 64, Melee an’ Brawl. Nothin’, AN’ I MEAN NOTHIN’ gets my blood pumpin’ like a clutch game o’ Smash! This crud’s got a special place in my heart, yo! I main my brotha-from-anotha-motha Kirby in all three games, an’ I spice it up a lil’ with Falcon when I’m sugar-high! MELEE GIVES BRAWL THE TALK, YO!!! IT‘S LIKE NO CONTEST, YA FEELIN’ ME? Brawl an’ me, we cool, though, we cool. Kirby got me comin’ back fer more! ^.^

Haha, I’m like THE PATTY-FLIPPIN’ WHITEST MEXICAN YOU’LL EVA SEE! I’m always decked-out in my yella QuesoKirby T-Shirt an’ stuffed Kirby when I’m hittin’ up some sick tourneys. Don’t be ‘fraid ta come on down an’ meet me! I’d love nothin’ more than makin’ a new friend or twenty! ^.^ SAN DIEGO LOVE!!! <3

‘Sides bein’ in high school an’ lookin’ fer a good, payin’ job, I’m jumpin’ inta the Smash scene fer the fun, fame an’ fortune! Someday I’m gonna be the best. I shoot fer the moon, an’ when I’m aimin’ fer somethin’, you betta believe I got what it takes ta make it there. An’ boy, I’ve got it. The eye o’ the tiger, baby! I’m doin’ this fer my family (which ain’t in the best financial situation right now >.<) an’ my girlfriend, my inspiration fer everythin’ in life! After winnin’ a big tourney, I’d love to treat her to a cruise or a vacation! Wow, that’d be somethin’, huh? ^.^ Te quiero!!! <3

I wanna be able ta make a livin’ by doin’ what I love! That’s my biggest dream. Ta travel across the world an’ meet some o’ the FUTHAMUCKIN’ COOLEST PEEPS WHO EVA LIVED… I can’t wait! A whole new world of adventure lies ahead! :') I wanna be the best I can be, which means I ain’t stoppin’ short o’ the title King of Smash! How I’m gonna get there, I ain’t got a clue yet! Still workin' out the kinks! XD Right now I’m the futhamuckin’ worst player of all time! OF ALL TIME!!! >.< That don’t change a gosh-darn thing, though! I’ma hunt down the best-o’-the-best an’ fight ‘em! There ain’t no better way ta get better, ya know? Yea, I’ma get ***** so hard my Nintendogs’ll feel it, but what don’t kill me makes me stronger! I juss wanna go the distance. Ta stand on the battlefield alongside the greatest Smashers the world’s ever seen as equals… THAT is my dream! :)

I’m all fired up to jump inta the Smash community ‘cause I wanna make new friends an’ even get inta a lil’ friendly competition! My ultimate goal is to better myself as both a videogame player and an individual. Along the way, I’ma give it my all to be an active an’ valuable member of the forums an’ even share a hearty laugh or two! I juss know this is gonna be a blast! Let’s-a go! :D

QuesoKirby, reporting in! ^.^
That’s the Queso in a nutshell! :awesome:
Nice ta meetcha, errybody! ^.^ The pleasure’s aaaaall mine!

Lookin’ forward to a sizzlin’ tourney! Can I get a HOO-RAH? :cool:
Bring yer A-game, broskis! The competition’s gonna be tougher than eva before!
We be pullin’ out all the stops on this one! Y’all know what that means…

LATE-NIGHT TRAININ’ MONTAGE TIME!!!

Feel free ta hit me up at the tourney! I don’t bite! ^.^
I’ma be the pale noob reppin’ a friggin’ wardrobe full o’ Kirby gear! :chuckle: Trust me, I stick out like a sore thumb, haha. Come on down an’ say hi! SAN DIEGO LOVE!!! <3

This tourney’s gonna be one ta remember! I juss know it! :bee:
Let’s make it a good one, guys! ^.^

Catch ya on the battlefield! :cool:

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

So in case you didn't know, La Jolla is a ridiculously expensive place to live in, hotels included. Fortunately to all of those still in need/searching for housing. There's a Ramada Inn about 12 minutes away from the venue at a pretty great price.

It's $68.31 a night after tax for 2 queen sized beds if you book in advance online. Split that across a minimum of 4 people and it's only $17 a piece. Wanna cram 15 people in there? $4.55 a person.

Nah but seriously, I'm sure you could find 3 homies that'll pitch in for sure and at least 2 or 3 stragglers that are willing to sleep on the floor with a pillow or something. So with 6-7 people, you'd be looking at around 10 bucks a person, which is really not too shabby.

LINK
Ramada Inn - $60.72 for 2 Queen Size Beds

Composeur

Smash Ace
Not to bring this up prematurely, but does anyone have a URL for the livestream so we can post it in the livestream thread? Thanks :)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uuuhhhhh i know its like sorta late but does anyone wanna team at this? i've never been to a big tourney before, so i'd like to enter both events if possible. :) hopefully some ppl still dont have a teammate..

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hi, Pat! <3

I'd love it if my tradition of bringing the same TV to every Winter Game Fest (and almost every triweekly, too!) since 2007 proudly marched on, but this year I may have a full car, and it's too large to fit in my trunk. Would it be at all possible to maybe drop it off at the school sometime this week prior to the tournament? If not, no worries, I'm sure that I'll be able to think of something! :]

Thanks again for all that you do, Pat! I can't get over how much you do for the community, and with a smile, too! <3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
sure thing Rick. Just let me know when you can come by, I'm on campus every day during the week. Text me or gimme a call (my numbers on the first page)

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
hmm so there's no more housing available?? :( does anyone have any room for 3 people (Me, Eric, Bryant)? Just for saturday night would be wonderful & if friday night works too then even better. We're not socially awkward so we'll have a blast just chilling or playing smash lol. Anyone down to go clubbing??

Shroomed

Smash Master
hmm so there's no more housing available?? :( does anyone have any room for 3 people (Me, Eric, Bryant)? Just for saturday night would be wonderful & if friday night works too then even better. We're not socially awkward so we'll have a blast just chilling or playing smash lol. Anyone down to go clubbing??
18+ or 21+ cuz im only 20

i'd be down so long as i can get into the club lol

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
im sure we could find 18+ clubs with a 21 section. 18+ is cool with me. Never been to an SD club before so i definitely wanna check them out. Do you already have housing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom