• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Feat. DrPP, M2K, Mango - $4000 Smash Pot - $7K Tot. Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Just head to the gaslamp downtown. It's basically a strip with nightlife all around. Pretty much all the 18+ clubs are 18+ with a 21+ section, so you guys should be good on that. There's even a 16+ club if uhhh... you're into that sort of thing, I guess. You guys should probably just yelp "gaslamp clubs" or something like that to figure out exactly where you wanna go.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Oh just a heads up (although I don't really think this is going to be a problem) there will be NO REFUNDS for any event. This isn't me trying to be a jerk or anything, the entry fees are physically out of our hands after they've been collected.

Our organization is require to have a university official present to make sure we're not doing anything sketchy, so once the money is collected it immediately gets placed in the university's hands.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
uuuhhhhh i know its like sorta late but does anyone wanna team at this? i've never been to a big tourney before, so i'd like to enter both events if possible. :) hopefully some ppl still dont have a teammate..
I haven't received word from my droogie if he's actually going to make it to WGF. If I don't hear from him by Thursday, I'll gladly be your partner. This is my 1st major tourney as well so I would like to enter both events as well.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
(Lux) - nah they're not so much concerned with what the players are up to so much as the organization that's affiliated with UCSD (WGF staff). MMs should be fine.

PWNYBOY

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone going to this that is from the 760 SoCal area (right on the Colorado river border of California and Arizona)? My girlfriend and I would love to go to this, but we live in Blythe, CA and it is a four-hour drive to San Diego from here. All of our friends who were going to carpool with us/pitch in for gas bailed on us and now we can barely afford it. Would anyone be willing to pick us up if they were passing through Blythe? If people from AZ are going to this, they would probably pass right through Blythe when they cross the border. We would be more than willing to pitch in for gas. We would love to go to this tournament and make some new friends. Thanks for any help, guys.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
*bookmarks the live stream link*

sorry pat, i wish i could go down there and support your tourney as you attended mine. apologies.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Is there anyone going to this that is from the 760 SoCal area (right on the Colorado river border of California and Arizona)? My girlfriend and I would love to go to this, but we live in Blythe, CA and it is a four-hour drive to San Diego from here. All of our friends who were going to carpool with us/pitch in for gas bailed on us and now we can barely afford it. Would anyone be willing to pick us up if they were passing through Blythe? If people from AZ are going to this, they would probably pass right through Blythe when they cross the border. We would be more than willing to pitch in for gas. We would love to go to this tournament and make some new friends. Thanks for any help, guys.
I am, I live in Brawley. Is there anyway that both of you can make to Brawley? If you can, you can carpool with me and my droogies.

PWNYBOY

Smash Rookie
@Old Man Grey: Exactly what type of people are you and your friends? We want to be safe and get there and back in one piece and with no problems. I mean no offense whatsoever and I truly appreciate your offer and would like to go, I just want to make sure we are going to be with responsible people who are trustworthy (a.k.a. no drinking/doing drugs and driving or getting into fights and stuff like that). Thanks, and hope to hear back from you.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wow MacD, that means a lot, especially coming from you. i'm totally cool with being all right, at least for now anyways lol. huyga if no one else wants to team w/ you i'm up for it, tho iono how peach/puff's gonna go, haha....

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL i don't know, is it better for me to be really 馬鹿 for it or not? sure thing, friday's cool.

i gueesss in the meantime i'm still lookin for a teammate.

woops sry for not responding to your post; old man grey you're talking about melee right?

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
Hey I remember you guys! Weren't you at the Long Beach tourny that ended up being held at Champ's place?? i think it was like a group of 4 or 5 of you. I distinctly remember one of you had a hearing disability?? I remember the 2 girls you were with mentioning Blythe & how freaking far it is lol. Your group was fun to chat with, i hope you two are able to find a ride!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i figured this is a good place to ask, is anyone traveling here gonna pass by pasadena? me and E40 really need a ride for this, we have found housing for the two of us already i believe. if you can pick us up (a friend can drive us to a convenient location for pickup) we can bring a setup and give u the discount, as well as pay for gas. our only other option is the train, w/c is like a 5 hour ride and $30 per person one way :( so if you could help us out please let me know!!! :) pm is fine.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
guys I arrive in San Diego Friday morning just after 10 AM

my cell is 856 308 1625

I need housing

I also need a really good Melee Fox/Sheik/marth controller. something perfectly sensitive to dashing backwards and moving around well. Can someone please help me with both of these? (housing + controller)?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
woops sry for not responding to your post; old man grey you're talking about melee right?
Yes, however, now that I think about it. You should team with Hyuga as he seems more like a capable team-mate.

@Old Man Grey: Exactly what type of people are you and your friends? We want to be safe and get there and back in one piece and with no problems. I mean no offense whatsoever and I truly appreciate your offer and would like to go, I just want to make sure we are going to be with responsible people who are trustworthy (a.k.a. no drinking/doing drugs and driving or getting into fights and stuff like that). Thanks, and hope to hear back from you.
I take no offense droogie. I understand as you can't always trust a guy with a skeletal figure for an avatar. Define type but I'm actually a very serious person when it comes to having responsibility. My friends consist of my friend/ex-co-worker and his girlfriend. They're just your average video game/anime fans...however, I should tell you this right now, appearances can be deceiving. I say this because while I am a serious, mature guy who enjoys discussions such as Politics...I don't look like it and in the past, I have been judged just by my appearance. I am a Heavy Metal guy so if you don't mind carpooling with a couple of guys who have long hair, facial hair, wear black band shirts and bootcut jeans, then you have nothing to worry about. If you want to ask me any more questions, just feel free to VM or PM or AIM me. It'd be alot more easier.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Probably between 100-150 for melee and between 150-225 for brawl. Tough to say really though. In 2008 melee had 147 and in 2009 brawl had 243

PWNYBOY

Smash Rookie
@rus s0ul: Yes, that was us! We traveled quite a ways to get there and were really looking forward to playing at the college, but stuff happens. We didn't really get to play much, but I do remember my girlfriend chatting with you. It was really cool to just get out of our small-*** town and meet up with some people who share a common interest in melee. We never get to leave town and there are only like five people in our whole city who play melee, so it was fun even to go chill in Champ's apartment with no breathing room with like twenty dudes, haha. I hope I can make it to this and I look forward to seeing you again.

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
If anyone needs housing and doesn't mind splitting the cost of a hotel room then let me know. I have a room booked at the marriott residence inn which is less than a 10minute walk from the venue.

let me know whats up 9098335485

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom