• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Feat. DrPP, M2K, Mango - $4000 Smash Pot - $7K Tot. Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The other danger is they show a lot of Brawl and Melee***s ***** about it like little girls.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Tournament stuff here.
****ing lame melee stream who ever running the tourney stream brawl. Or set it up so both events can be streamed properly. This is seriously a joke. That brawl never gets streamed whenever melee and brawl are at the same tourney.

Tesh

Smash Hero
We'll have constant media coverage to keep everyone up to date that can't make it to the tournament.

* 20 ft. projector screen and seating for hyped match all day long
* Streaming interviews
* Live stream for Melee
* Live stream for Brawl
* Twitter accounts updated during the tournament
* Pool and Bracket images posted online
I found the Melee stream.

Could someone link me to the updating twitters or the brawl stream or the steamed interviews or the pool/bracket information.

@ Brian not everyone could/would go to every single large tournament all over the country. Don't get mad at people who just wanna watch it live. Do you think FOX or ESPN would just say "hey guys we aren't gonna broadcast the super bowl, you shoulda flown across the country and paid for tickets into the stadium . seriously **** you guys!"

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The point is people take it for granted when it's a service provided to them at no charge, meanwhile they are going around *****ing "wahh my convenience isn't convenient enough."

Brian

Smash Journeyman
there's a difference between the super bowl, covered world wide as one of the biggest media events EVERY YEAR
the television broadcasters make a million+ just for a single 30 second ad spot

the live stream is a COURTESY provided by people receiving no compensation
it takes time and effort to set up and maintain it

as long as the matches are being recorded, you still get to see them. you just have to wait a week.

in closing:
patience mother****ers
suck a ****

edit: <3 sheridan
so fast
so efficient
so manly

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see any posts "taking it for granted". No tournament official has come in and posted "sorry, we can't deliver on 4/5 things covering the tournament". People are just coming into the thread and stating that they can't find it.

Are YOU saying there is officially no 2nd and 3rd stream? And officially no twitter updates or brackets? No one is hating on the TOs (cept almostlgendary), we just wanna know if the stuff is there or not.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I assume that 99% of what TOs say they can deliver wont happen. I'm a pessimist, so maybe it's just me. No TO has ever [in my experience] delivered 100% of what they promised. And that's fine with me, I just know better than to expect perfection.

I'm not at the tournament (due to some last minute personal ****), so I can't say what Pat/the TOs will deliver. But it is the first day of the tourney, so there aren't even brackets to upload yet. I'm guessing there are no twitter updates because there isn't much worth reporting yet.
Who knows, there might be a second stream (or ten million streams) tomorrow. Like I said, this is only day one.

(Plus, they need the recording equipment to run two streams. My experience with the brawl community generally has led me to believe that they are incapable of providing the equipment necessary to run their own tournaments.)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought a guy posted that he had a version of TIO that automatically feeds into a twitter?

Ah well just looking for some info on any major upsets and whatnot. There are 2 tournaments this weekend that both say Ally is attending and Iw as curious which one he was at.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Maybe if people could get a dedicated stream other would get donations. I've seen plenty of SSFIV streams get donations and the likes and people continue to watch them because of the high quality and the way the things are ran. However, when the product put out isn't what's offered who's going to buy into it ? It also makes no sense to have 90% melee and screw all the other games. There's a lot of things IMO that could be done that could help the community out and strengthen it. But that's just my opinion and I'm just one man. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it needs more structure.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The SF stream today was crystal, had split screens, and barely lagged.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I just hope Brawl finals are streamed. Or at least recorded. I heard TKD is there and its the first tourney that both M2K and himself are entering that I know of which equals extreme hype.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
this week was the worst i've had in a long time
i really wanted to go to this with you guys
<3

sometime i want to come to santa cruz and hang with the deep norcal homies and not play smash
we should schedule something

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey everyone,

I haven't read all the comments but I'm gonna assume there's quite a bit of "this stuff isn't happening and you said it would!"

No worries folks all is in order. The twitter updates and bracket images are linked in a feature of tio. Unfortunately our version only does so during brackets, and since today has only been pools none of that happened.

The stream faulted in a few areas. We had a melee member who said they would dedicate their equipment for streaming, but ended up being unable to help out. At this point I let melee use my equipment. Brawl was going to be streamed, but the livestream equipment the community brought used component cables, which would have been awesome for some HQ stream but all of our CRT TV sets have composite inputs. Just an unfortunate mix up. On another note this equipment was used for SSF4 and stuff and was awesome. I just wish we had sponsors tailored to out game =/

All in all though, don't worry you guys haven't missed too much (pools). We'll still have all the matches you guys wanna see coming tomorrow. The twitter feed will be active for both games, and we'll have livestream coverage for the matches that matter. We (the TOs) will be far less stressed now that the bulk of pools are over, and will thus have more time to help out the fans at home.

See you all tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom