• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Nah, don't particularly care for Advance Wars.

A Metroid movie is announced, but Samus's only role is doing Fortnite dances in the background while the actual main characters are the Galactic Federation troops.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, on the one hand, it would make good meme material, on the other hand, yet another reminder of the fact these games exist.
No, I won't press it.

Smash 6 includes a Gen 9 Pokémon as a fighter, but it's Flamigo.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No thank you, that's just way too weird.

Tears of the Kingdom makes Link actually speak, but he has his voice from the Zelda cartoon and constantly remarks "EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS" every 5 minutes.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Annoying, no thanks.

The Donkey Kong movie features King K. Rool as the main villain, but Kiddy Kong is the hero of the story (and he only talks in archived audio of Soupy Sales in the Donkey Kong segments of Saturday Supercade).

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Yeah, the show has some bangers they can use.

Sega Saturn is now retro-compatible with the Sega CD, but the controllers now have two buttons.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I can always go to K. Rool for my Rare rep instead.

We get a new F-Zero game, but the only racing being done is in a 1-minute cutscene at the start, the actual game is a 2.5D platformer.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Very creative, but disappointing at the same time.

Bomberman is finally made plaayble in the next Smash, but his moveset is similar to Pac-Man (making references to other Hudson games) and he doens't land a bomb.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A divisive yet awesome combo.

Adol from Ys is added to Smash, but his model is based on his Conan-esque design of the Genesis cover of Ys III.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Kiddy Kong while a very divisive character, he at least deserves the best.

We get a stage from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet in the next Smash, but it's intentionally glitchy to pay respect to the source material.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
No thanks.

Smash 6 will become real, but the first fighters revealed are the most hated/divisive characters with the community: Kersti, Kiddy Kong, Tingle, a chibified Federation Force soldier, Garbodor, the cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Kirby (but it's their Kirby's Avalanche version), etc.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
No. I don't want stage clones.

Universal's Mario movie will feature a resume of Yoshi's Island at the beginning, but Kamek will twerk in some point of the movie.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, I feel like the animal skins would be more interesting.

Mario in Smash 6 uses Cappy for more of his attacks, but his voice is replaced with Chris Pratt with lines taken from the movie.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Unless the Pratt voice can be switched, then great.

Roll from Mega Man becomes playable in the next Smash, but she's a washing machine (a reference to As Novas Aventuras de Megaman comic series)

Top Bottom