• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yoshi and Diddy Kong have a speaking cameo in the Universal's Super Mario movie, at the price of both being voiced by Andrew Sabiston (whose voiced in the old Nelvana toons from the 1990s)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A nice easter egg, but a very dark one on the other side.

The Koopalings appear in the 2023 Mario movie, at the very end to sing for the obvious Dance Party Ending. And the cherry of the top, they have the same voices from the DiC Mario cartoons.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, I feel like Kratos or Cloud would be more deserving of that spot. Ratchet and Clank not being in PSABR is a crime.

The Mario movie includes Waluigi as a cameo, but he's voiced by Pauly Shore.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Oh god no. The mii costume is bad enough, but another MIDI track?!

We have finally been waiting for this day. Sonic the Hedgehog will finally get another character in Smash Bros, who has left a lasting impact in many gamers minds...

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
(MILD SONIC FRONTIERS SPOILERS)

Yeah - Now that she's actually canon to the mainline series, I'm more comfortable with her getting in.

Spyro gets into Smash, but his design and moveset are strictly based on the Skylanders series with very few mentions of the classic/Legend games.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
"That's a lot of fish!"
But seriusly, i eather prefer to see Zilla's kids as mooks of the world.

DiC makes a Super Mario 64 cartoon with CGI technology, but the overseas animation job is done by the same Pakistani dudes who did those McDonalds commercials for the Sonic and Crash's Happy Meals.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Gosh! Game Freak is dumb with it's research.

Saban does a Star Fox puppet show back in the 90s, but Falco and General Pepper are absent (with no mention of them throughout the show) and Slippy is now the lead of the Star Fox team and main protagonist (and not from the P.O.V. kind)

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, Final Smashes are what made Smash unique.

Instead of Pichu, the Pokemon echo fighter is Ash Ketchum as an echo of the Pokemon Trainer.

Sure, at least Ash Ketchum would be first video game-associated 4th party to be in Smash.

We get a new long-waited Sonic Adventure 3 game, but the voice acting in this game is worse than previous SA games and it has only one level: Green Hill Zone (has copied layout & assets from SA2).

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, but I have a feeling that is what SEGA will probably do anyway.

Pokemon Sword and Shield brings back the National Dex and all the cut moves, but they cost five times more than the actual game at launch.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't even care for One Piece.

Sonic '06 gets a remaster that actually patches the glitches and eliminates the long loading screens, and it gets rave reviews across the board, but Sonic/Elise is now the official canon couple.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Eh, i can't live without unnecessary revivals.

Donkey Kong and Sonic now have the best franchise representation in the next Smash, but their voices are changed: Archived voice clips from Soupy Sales for Donkey Kong extracted from Saturday Supercade, and Jaleel White doing a nasal girly voice for Sonic similar to Sonia in Sonic Underground.

Top Bottom