• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
No, I won't let that happen to my boy Game and Watch.

Nintendo stops issuing C&Ds of fangames and copyright strikes to people posting their music on YouTube, but SEGA now fills that role instead.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
What! At least the Sega from Japan is strict with copyrighted material, while Sega of America is more relaxed.

Microids and Tribute Games announces a sequel to Shredder's Revenge, but it is based on Saban's The Next Mutation.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Sure. TMNT should be on better hands rather than Paramount.

Mega Man 12 features playable Bass, Proto Man and Roll in the base game, but Rock now has his raspy, Popeye-like voice from Captain N.
(And i'm think the actor died years ago, so they only resource is archived audio from the show)

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Eh? I'll take it.

Ganondorf gets a new moveset for the next Smash and is on a high tier of the competitive scene, but every sfx is replaced with his CD-I ccatchphrase "YOU WILL DIE!" (even when walking or running)

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Sure. Zelda's Down B really doesn't fit her new look in Ultimate, and Sheik's Down B is a bit clunky to land hits with. Plus new Zelda rep, woot!

We get a ScarVio Pokémon in Smash 6, but it's Wiglett.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
You mean anything after XC3? If so, then sure.

Nintendo Switch Online is replaced with the Virtual Console, but the games run at 5 frames per second.

Last edited:

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
I never played Sonic Schoolhouse, but even disregarding that, I can't really trust them after they ****ed up Colors Ultimate so much, so no.

Nintendo puts all their music on Spotify, but the music only consists of MIDI files.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Wowza! This makes it unplayable.

Castlevania Chronicles is ported to all modern platforms with fully-voiced dialogue, but Simon has the same voice actor and mannerisms from his Captain N version.

Last edited:

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
As someone who has never played a Commander Keen game, as well as someone who loves Doom, this gets a "Nope" from me.

Crash Bandicoot gets in Smash 6, but his design is taken from Crash of the Titans.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Well, at least is something.

Nintendo, WildBrain and Discotek Media release a deluxe boxset with all DiC Mario cartoons (Super Show, SMB3 and SMW) + The Legend of Zelda, but it will be exclusive to Japan (and it's exportation will be illegal)

No - that would be slap in the Metroid's face due to being one of historical Nintendo franchises and without it, smash won't be the same.

Shrek 5 finally gets made, but it's voice acting is on the same level as Video Brinquedo movies and it has different voice actors with unmatching voices.

Top Bottom