• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah. I never do the single player in Mario Party. Those games just kind of sit on my shelf until some friends come over and someone suggests that we play it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mario Party 10 online would be awesome. :bee:

You do realize that all of Nintendo's systems have always been $200 at launch? It wasn't until the Wii that they go over. I'm honestly expecting $300 for the Wii U.
Well, look at it this way, since the Wii which is the current Nintendo system on the market went up in price during it's launch date, what makes you think that Nintendo won't raise it's prices on their latest console again? I am fully aware that the it's older counterparts were alot cheaper but not for a second do I believe is gonna be just as cheap. Let's just drop the subject shall we, it's pointless to be arguing at the price, that will be Nintendo's decision.

But yea, more online multiplatformers FTW!!

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The first Mario Party I felt that the CPU BSed with cheating...I hated that one mini game where you would be a doll and the character would control the crane and if they grabbed you you had to shake them off. I had lost TONS of coins because I couldn't shake off the CPU for the sake of everything...I went from 1st to 4th just that fast...

OmegaXXII

Man, I have yet to ever play much less own a Mario Party game. :urg:

If a new one with online comes out I would definetly get that, I think it would be my perfect first to try out.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Yeah, the CPU's pull some hax now and then. The AI in Mario Party is a bit tricky to program I imagine. I'm not sure but isn't Mario Party's CPU's biased towards human players like in Smash? I might be wrong but I recall some stuff like that in the old Mario Party games :mad:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
No it isn't...fortunately. From what I've been noticing is at certain points of mini-games one of the AI will be programmed to make a mistake but it'll be random out of all the CPU opponents. The only randomness I notice is on the board.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So how was the latest Mario Party for the Wii? It looked pretty cool in the commercials, but that was years ago and I'm not sure how well people actually liked it

finalark

SNORLAX
So how was the latest Mario Party for the Wii? It looked pretty cool in the commercials, but that was years ago and I'm not sure how well people actually liked it
It was okay. Although there is one mini game involving soda cans and a certain motion with the Wiimote that has become a massive inside just amongst me and my friends.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I hated them, all I remember was my hand getting tired or button mashing. Then the next mini game would be another and I'm like...f--- really?! I can mash faster than the turbo controllers...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I remember that raft/kayak game in the first Mario Party, where you had to rotate the analog stick super fast. Everyone always ended up using their palm and not only wearing the **** out of those cheesy N64 controllers, but actually causing damage to their hands.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Oh gawd NOT that one! I also hated the go-kart-derby one. My controller would be so messed up I would lose that one fast. There was another mini game that required you to rotate that dam stick like heck. I just can't remember it but I know that one also made my control stick lose it's grip and it would cause everything to go left all the time. =/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember that raft/kayak game in the first Mario Party, where you had to rotate the analog stick super fast. Everyone always ended up using their palm and not only wearing the **** out of those cheesy N64 controllers, but actually causing damage to their hands.
I heard Nintendo had actually given people gloves for that incident lmao

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, they had a number to call to receive free gloves had you reported a case of blisters after playing those minigames.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I never heard of that. I gave up on collecting the 120 Stars since the CPU would only target me and steal mines even if I wasn't 1st place. After my red N64 controlled had gotten messed up after all those mini games I just stopped playing it. That was nice of them though to give people gloves though.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I gave up on collecting the 120 Stars since the CPU would only target me and steal mines even if I wasn't 1st place.
I thought you said they weren't biased towards human players :p

I think they are. They'll steal everything from you if they got the chance.

OmegaXXII

Man, I really hope they make a new Mario Kart as well, the online was MKWii was flawless to say the least, at least when it comes to latency.

This time around though I'd like to see more new features added such as tag team, lobbies, the ability to actually chat via a headset, that would be so cool. :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright guys, while I do enjoy discussing the Mario Party series, this isn't the appropriate thread to do so. Someone should either create a 'General Mario Party discussion' thread. (If one already doesn't exist. I haven't searched as of this post.)

Thanks!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I do agree the cast tends to get a bit stale after uh...3 years or what not, but they better not turn into Capcom and charge us like 40 bucks just to get 7 more characters.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the game will already have about 30 chars anyways, so no complains about a small cast.

Top Bottom