• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
A CAPS FILTER? IMPOSSIBLE! THERE CAN'T BE SUCH A THING ON THESE FORUMS.

AND YES, CONTROLLER WAS CONFIRMED AGES AGO. WHEEE

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
commonyoshi said:
i dont know a single person who has a high def tv. graphics dont worry me at all. the xbox 360's graphics phail when hooked up to a regualar tv.
Yeah, the graphics actually go 8-bit when you play them on a regular TV. I would know, I've had one since launch.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Zink said:
That would rock.
WHOA EDIT: quickdraw won't start until the sensor can tell you are facing backwards (or at least the controller is) then you hear a sound to turn around and shoot!
yeah, that would be a blast! Even better if Nintendo got like a Eyetoy thing that could make out your body and made it wi-fi as well! Wi-fi Quick-Draw! Friggin' sweet! Bang Bang!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Resting_Fox said:
I doubt they delayed twilight princess to upgrade the graphics. They probably wanted to ad more to the gameplay. The graphics are fine even though just a little plastic looking. But all man-made attempts at nature have been plastic.
Have you noticed that now, game developers focus more on graphics than gameplay itself? Perfect example is Killer Instinct(for the Super Nintendo or N64) and Mortal Kombat Deception.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed Killer Instincts for the Super Nintendo. I was like 10 when I played but it was still fun. The looks was done by rare and used the same technique to make graphics as they did for Donkey Kong Country, which looked good AND had good gameplay.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember seeing the 64 game but I wouldn't mind playing the SNES games again. I always like Fulgor, the claw guy, and...is it Irene? The girl in green? I enjoyed using her because she could turn into a cheeta and run people over.

Philian

Smash Cadet
But seriously, with the online capabilities, getting better is indeed much easier as you can face off more and a variety of people. I think I'll even get cable high speed just for the smoothest results.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
The girl in green from Killer Instinct was Orchid.

...Oh. Online Revolution will rule. Not just Smash either. I'm also looking forward to Mario Kart and F-Zero online. Sure, Mario Kart's already there, but it'll look and feel about 4.3 times better...

F-Zero...just...*drool*

kaid

Smash Master
According to an interview with George Harrison, Nintendo Senior VP for Marketing and Corporate comunications, answers the question, "How many games do you think you might have at launch?"

G.H: "It's hard to say. I would say that it will probably be around 20. The reason I say it's hard is that we havn't even really seen how much the (game developers) have.

Game Informer: "How many do you think will be from Nintendo?"

G.H: "That's also hard to say. I would say, maybe, a third."

-page 56, Game informer magazine

Zink

Smash Champion
DUDE we have posted soooo many controls sets it's not funny anymore... plus there is a topic for the new smash.
kaid that looks awesome!! 20 titles!?! how is one supposed to choose one? I anticipate at least one multi game package but still that's a lot.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zink said:
DUDE we have posted soooo many controls sets it's not funny anymore... plus there is a topic for the new smash.
kaid that looks awesome!! 20 titles!?! how is one supposed to choose one? I anticipate at least one multi game package but still that's a lot.
20 is about the average for new systems. GameCube was one of the acceptions to that, launching with a very bare-bones selection of games. Hopefully there will be a good selection of the 20, though. The 360 launched with 18 titles, but only 3 or 4 were worth getting.

I found this video too funny not to share:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CRzNkb2x8aE&search=J Allard

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wait... if GC games are playable on the rev can we play melee online?!?

Probably a retarted question

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You wouldn't just be able to put the game into your system, and then go online and play someone. They'd have to add some kind of patch to the system that you could download that would let you play it online. No one knows if they're going to do that.

And you can already play Melee online. Just search the forum for "Smash online."

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
This was taken from gamasutra.com

Nintendo will be holding its press conference at 9:30am PST on May 9, 2006 at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California. Attendees can expect to hear more details on the Revolution console, as well as software for the platform, and more information concerning its unique controller. Also expected is additional details on the company's redesigned DS Lite handheld, including more details on Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, which Nintendo president Satoru Iwata unveiled at GDC.

so yea, this is for anyone who didnt know or was to lazy to go look.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I knew it was May 9, didn't know the time.

Also, in addition to what's posted there, there should also be released exactly how Revolution functionality's going to work with Twilight Princess.

Either that, or it will be playable on both Rev. and GC. If it's really being released in November like projected, they better have it playable in some kind of form by now.

Zink

Smash Champion
@Mcfox (what? no toomin? no mcfox9) They stated they would have a playable wolf demo ready for E3 in the latest NP.
Gah that's 6:30 in the morning for me.:(

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
well i would just wait to noon the next day to look at gamespot or something to see the info. i wont wake up at 6:30AM for that shizit. and honestly i am not interested on the LoZ:TP, OoT was the last zelda i truly enjoyed.

i wanna see a demo of how red steel works and some screens of SSB:R.

kaid

Smash Master
TP is supposed to be the OoT-killer. But if you want to wait for the game to come out before getting hyped about it, this forum is probably the wrong place.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Why doesn't anyone do this anymore? Anyways McFox will like this.

Gamespot said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender brings one of Nick's newest shows to game consoles for the first time. The show's martial-arts action will kick onto the Revolution, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, DS, PSP, and the PC this fall.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's awesome. The show's "bending" could translate REALLY well into a game with the Revmote. We'll have to wait and see whether the Rev version is just a port of the other ones.

Zink

Smash Champion
I worry it will become a Harry Potter clone- for spell X, draw shape Y. Repeat until game is beaten. But it has the potential for so much more. You could control a stream of water and then freeze it in a desired shape with a press.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
commonyoshi said:
I fear that one day when they will make a game where we have to wave the revmote around to do spells. *shudders*
I think that would be pretty fun. Better than the obligatory 3rd person adventure Harry Potter games.

Of course, a Star Wars lightsaber game is an ABSOLUTE MUST. I don't care if it's a KoToR RPG-type game, if it's an adventure game, whatever. I want to battle with a lightsaber.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
On the concept of sword-weilding, I can imagine there will be at least a few sword-based technique games. Kendo and the like are very popular for general recreation in Japan and other parts of East Asia, so I would imagine a "training" game of sorts will pop up sooner or later. I'm thinking of this sort of in the style of Square's "Bushido Blade", where rather than competing in the traditional fighter life-bar set up, the game was based upon the principles of locking swords with the opponent and countering their moves in such a way that would leave them open and you could go for the kill. I'd love to be able to get a moderate feel for Niten Ichi Ryu from following a game.

Zink

Smash Champion
It would totally depend on the type of swordplay, though. For example in "real" swordfighting you will block at all costs. But if you are fencing all you have to do is tap the opponents blade and then it's your point even if they touch you.

Top Bottom